Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 06 #4

abs Guest

hehe, we are still getting 3 feeds during the night

1ish, 3.30ish, 6-6.30ish (that's still considered night here ) and maybe again at 8.30 which is when we finally both crawl out of bed

School is something on our list of thoughts to do at some stage - I dunno

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Jacci,

I think 4 years ago when I was looking at All Saints for Ariani it was $3000 a semester or something close to it.

Sales - I skipped the K-mart one when I saw the crowd. Turned round and went to the Big W one with my mum, where I put a indoor cubby house on layby for my god-daughter. Going back today to check out stuff for Charlie. Couldn't splurge with my mum watching! lol!

i dont know what we are going to do about school as we plan to be back in sydney by then but have no idea what area we will be in.

Nixon had his check up today
    weight 3990g (up 310g in 3 weeks)
    length 55cm (up 2cm in 3weeks)
    head 37cm (up 1cm in 3 weeks)
    so im quiet dissapointed with his sats he is putting on ever so slow. i know its because he chucks so much so now i have to concentrate on topping up on bad chuck feeds. which i think i'll be feeding all day every day..... he just fed from 2.30-3.30. had 4 huge vomits and now back on me....if i didnt think i was getting anything done b4 hand its going to be less now.

abs Guest

hmmm, that sounds pretty hard work there Nic - have you spoken to anyone medically about it ? Surely there must be something going on there

Jen dragged me to bed early tonight for some us time, just cuddle and snuggle and chat about stuff... we fell asleep in each others arms til Jordy woke at about 9.30 - Jen's boobs were leaking when we got into bed (tis weird, one moment they are empty and have been for hours, then wham, leaking everywhere), so she got up, changed him - he took the edge off the fuller one and passed out again. All he probably wanted was a nappy change

I couldn't get back to sleep, so after an hour and feeling a little off colour BSL-wise came downstairs - BSL is perfect so here I am

nicers - Atleast he is putting weight on!!!!! when i was breastfeeding with charlie my Dr told me to alternate the breastfeeding with formula ( i use s26 AR) charlie wasn't putting much weight on when was breastfeding and i felt like a milk machine - i got mastitis coz he wasn't emptying properly after i put him back on after a spu and my body just got so run down from having to pretty much constantly supply to him, once i alternated the feeds i found it so much easier and i wasn't astired. Just a suggestion, worked for me

Abs - what is BSL??? I have been trying to work it out for ages!!! so i thought i would just ask

Well my little nudie rudie is lying under his jungle gym naked ( i have cloth nappies under him incase anything leaks!!!!!! - he loves doing this every morning, he kicks and talks away.

Well its gav's birthday in september and i have just booked for him and I to climg the Sydney Harbour - he loves heights! - we are flying up on the wednesday staying wednesday night and then climbing on Thursday coming home on Friday - ( its his birthday on the Thursday) he doesn't know about it. I have organised with his boss for him to have the days off so he will get a huge suprise when it comes the time.

Wow Jacci, another hol, that'll be nice. Wow, what a bday pressie for ur DH.

Yikes Nickers, but wtg on the sleep in. Oh no on the vomiting still being a prob, hope docs can sort it out. In 5wks, Holly gained 520g BW & 1cm L & HC.

Abs, yay on 1 less feed/night.

KelliC, congrats, no childcare will save u heaps.

I checked the other day & KellyW hasn't posted anything since 18May which was in this thread, yikes, I hope she's just busy with her boys & they're ok.

I put Holly's Nuby teething keys on ring in her hand last night & she held it for a few mins for 1st time & was trying to get them in her mouth, yay. Hmm will have to sort out with work next wk if I really can come back 2days/wk for 6mths when Holly is 6mths, luckily there are 3 new childcare centres in our area, 2 ABC's & 1 other, but placements are getting low. More places avail Mon & Fri's but most PHols fall then & still have to pay for PHols if Holly isn't there, but doubt I would get paid as work may put me on a temp casual basis which may mean no PHol pay, DOH, will have to wait & c what they say.

Nickers,

I spoke with my CHN a few days ago about Charlie's throwing up all the time and she told me about a technique which has turned out to be really effective. It's a bit of a pain, but Charlie hasn't had one chuck up since I started. It's actually pretty damed logical too if you think about it.

She said that every time you BF, unlatch him one minute after the milk lets down. This is when they gulp the most air. Then, even if he cries or grizzles, burp him. You should get a loud/big burp. If you don't get it, keep patting his back until you get it, even if it takes ages. Once he's burped, put him back on the bb for another few mins. When you feel his mouth pulling on you less, take him off and burp him again. This should only be a small burp (if at all). Finally finish the feed, and sit him upright on your knee (if he's awake) Any more air in his belly will naturally rise to the surface and be expelled in time, you won't have to pat his back anymore.

On the boob, they don't suck as much air as on a bottle, but they do get some nonetheless. Give it a go, what have you got to lose? Maybe it'll help Nixon retain some of his BM.

GL Nic!

Thanks heaps for the advuse Sushee. I'm almost coming to an end of this feed now so will have to try that method next time.
    It does sound quiet logical and i think he does guzzle when i have my let down cause often he comes off couging like he got too much too quickly.
    I'll give it a go and report back!

abs Guest

Jacci - BSL = Blood Sugar Level - remember I'm a Type 1 diabetic. And I'm hanging to do the bridge climb. Jen wants no part in doing it

yeah, good luck with the burping Nickers. Jordy can let out some rippers with the bottle... some are trophy worthy

Has anyone spotted eyebrows yet ?? I noticed em starting to show yesterday - they are really fine and light in colour... Jordy was on his change table with the outside light coming in over his shoulder - soooo cute in looks

Abs, Lol! Charlie is fair-ish (not dark like his mum) but has very dark eyebrows. We've been able to see his since he was about 3 weeks old!

Nickers, am hoping things went better with Nixon. Poor bubba!

Tried that tactic out. seemed to work for the burping side of it but did not make a difference with the throwing up. I have been taking him off shortly after the let down and he gives a nice big burp with no spew. then the other times burping aswell.
    Buts its after all that he spews and even later sometimes closer to the next feed. So it must be reflux as he is still bringing up the wind but not making much difference.
    Its annoying that he cant always get a settled sleep becuase he either wakes up in pain and needs to be put upright to get it out...or it doesnt bother him coming out but then he is all wet and that bothers him!

anyway we'll keep going along he is putting on weight so they wont really take it any further, hopefully the Zantec can start working soon been using it for almost a week now.

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sushee
    Abs, Lol! Charlie is fair-ish (not dark like his mum) but has very dark eyebrows. We've been able to see his since he was about 3 weeks old!
    hehe, I didn't even think to look at the various bub photo's... can quite clearly seem in the ticker photo - oopsie

ah well, it's still new for us

Good luck with the Zantec Nickers

Hmmm, what am I gonna do for the next nearly 2 weeks - virtually zero BellyBelly. We're off tomorrow to Canberra for 3 nights (got 2 days of meetings Wed & Thu), Albury for one (Jen is doing some interviews there), then to Melbourne for a week, with one, maybe two nights somewhere on the way home late next week

Will have basically no web access all that time :eek:

Hey all sorry I haven't been in here much to say Hi!
    Declan is now 61 cms long and weigh 6 1/2 kilos doing very well!
    I am still breat feeding Declan still wakes at abou 2am 4:30am and 6:30 am every nigth am so looking forward to longer sleeps!
    He is a happy little man smiles and giggles flat out!
    I have resigned from my job now as well so I wont be wokring again til declan is about 1 depending on the finances!
    well best be off hope your all well!

Abs - charlie has only faint eyebrows - it amazaes me how different faces look without eyebrows!

Nickers good luck with the reflux - luckily charlie doesn't care if he spu's on himself

Theresa - i'm going to show Charlie himself in the mirror now and see what he does.

Welcome back Becky!! Good to see you back on board.

Sush, that's what I've been doing with Holly most of the time & she hasn't spewed much since 4wks old or so. Although Holly hates being burped after let down, she screams & throws herself back violently like a little tanti, hehe, so sometimes I just put her back on without a burp. The last 3 days, with my left BB, she pushes on it with her hand while sucking, pulling my nipple which isn't exactly comfy, funny she only does it with the left one. I've been trying to hold her hand back, but gees it's amazing how strong bub's can be.

Abs, yeah Holly had very fair eyebrows at birth & became noticeable around 4wks or so, still fair though.

Oh Bec, yikes on the lack of sleep, but sounds like Declan is doing great. Still no giggles (only noises, attempts) from Miss Holly, they'll come soon enuf I guess. I think ur ticker is 1 day behind, as Declan is 3 days older than Holly but shows 2 days.

Theresa, tis funny how they react to mirrors huh. We have mirror built-ins in our room & a fairly large mirror in our bathroom.

Hmm its been rather quiet in here?

FYI just uploaded some new pics of Nixon on the website when you get a chance to look, most are from our trip to Sydney.

Im getting some Pixie photos done of Nixon on Friday hope they turn out good!
    when in syd we were @ the shops and stopped to get a pic of Nixon with my sisters two girls, anyway mum picked them up alst week, we were only planning on getting the $7 we paid for but mum end up spending $280!! she got the negatives anyway so i can get them reprinted for a lot cheaper, im hanging to see them Nixon was alseep in them but they put him in a wooden box he was so cute! Then him and Alyssa(cousin) in a box together both asleep awwww!!

Hope all are well

Hey all here i was complaining about my lack of sleep and last night Declan slept from 8:30 - 5:30 and had a feed and slept from about 6:15(by the time he was actual asleep) until 9 I put him to bed at the same time tonight I wonder if he will be as good tonight!
    I just uploaded some more pics of Declan onto his www if you wanna look he is on a motorbike with his daddy!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast