Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 06 #4

How cute Becky on the motor bike with daddy!
    Great pics!
    Yay on the big sleep too! hope he sleeps well again tonight

Hi becky, been so long since i have talked to you!!!! considering we spoke everyday for about 8 months feels like ages!! Hope your loving mother hood - its great that you have had the choice to give up work. Can't believe how much hair Declan has got, he really is adorable. How is Johno going with Father hood? Is he loving it. Hope he sleeps through for oyu again tonight.

Reflux - i tried Charlie on Normal formula - S26 Gold. seeing he has been having the S26 AR i thought i would stick to the S26 stuff. I fed him at 2.30pm and he was good didn't spu at all. it took him ages to drink it, then gav fed him at 6.30pm and he projectile vomitted every where, he drank that one really quick so i gave him a bottle before he went to bed and used the same teet as i had used for the first feed - the one that took really long to drink and he was fine with it - hasn't spued at all yet - he is in bed at the moment - hope he sleeps thru the night.....

Charlie Stats! Charlie got weighed yesterday and here are his stats
    starting weight 3210gm 7 pound 1 51 cm
    3 months 7300 gms 16 pound 1 ounces 61 cm

He is doing great - the CHN said he was a bit chubby because he was on the AR formula and coz it is thicker. she said he is not overweight though

BUGGER! of course it couldn't happen twice though he was still better than he has been he went to bed at 8:30 woke at 1am, 4:30am and up at 8am so I guess it wasn't to bad!

nickers! ta! re piccy we have been meaning to take one on the bike for ages and when Jonoo got back from his ride yesterday we rushed out so he could do it!

well the normal formula didn't last very long!!! he spued and spued and spued!!!

Nicers - How is Nixon's reflux going? Also - i really love the name Nixon - how did you pick it.

Hi all,

it's been a long time since I last posted and I must apologise. There is no other reason than I am just too busy with Caden. He is just beautiful and I am loving being a mum, and my DH is loving being a dad. He has been sleeping through for 2 weeks now, usually from 10pm - 6am and then till 9 or 10am. He is putting on weight and growing nicely, he is very strong and smiles heaps. we love him so much and I couldn't imagine how life was before we had him. I had a quick scan and its great to read that others are also doing well.
    I have started going to new mums group and today we did baby massage, it was FANTASTIC. Caden loved it and spent all the time smiling at me and the lady in charge when he was on his belly have his back massaged.
    I also picked up my pregnancy album today, the photos are gorgeous and I can't wait to show my family, if even for the shock value! hehehe...
    I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, I'm loving being a mum and love being busy. Hope you are all well and I plan to try and log in again soon.
    cheers,

Hi Joy good to hear from you! Im glad Caden is well, what a nice message you wrote made me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Jacci- There are a few reasons behind we we called our son Nixon. Well DH came up with the name b4 we were ever pregnant. at first i was a little unsure but as we explored more it became clear he was meant to be Nixon!
    His middle name is Milton which is my father and late grandfathers name. There for giving Nixon the same initals as me NMP!
    Nixon = Nic's son
    Nixon has the same name meaning as Nicole!!
    so a few connections all back to his mummy, plus its differnent which we wanted but not too out rageous.

oh and the relux well thats up and down still. I gave him a bottle (give him 1 bottle a day of ebm) and he only thre up a small amount once and hardly cried! But other feeds during the day he threw up more. If anything he is more of a happy chucker then what he was so if all i can do is stop the pain then I will live with the constant spew on me!

nickers - i never thought of that - Nic son - that is cool.

joy - good to hear from you, so glad you are loving it.

Bec, wow Declan does have heaps of hair, so cute.

Nickers great pics. We were considering getting that baby luny tunes wall border but then saw the looney tune stickups & got them instead.

Jacci, oh no on the spewing front, so back to the other formula I take it?

Glad ur enjoyin ur lil man Joy.

Wonder how Jelliebean, Mitch & Jaime are doin in the March babies thread?

Work approved 2 days/wk (they prefer consectutive days) for when Holly's 6-12mths old, so yay on the extra money to come in but boo on having to leave Holly for those days. I just added some more pics too.

I wonder how old Mitch's little Alexa is??? it was very freaky in the Due in April thread - Mitch and i got married on the same day and were due 1 day appart!!!!

Haven't heard from Lisa in a while.

Shell - that is great that they approved the 2 days a week. it is sad you have to leave her - but the money will come in handy.

Hi all! Haven't had a chance to post for a little while, trying to get back into the whole work routine. It hasn't been too bad, but my pride has taken a bit of a beating. It's like working your way up from cleaner to manager, and then back to cleaner again - well, not THAT bad, but it fells like that!

Josiah is doing really well, sleeping through most nights, only occasionally waking at about 4.30 for a feed. He's had a pretty snuffly nose though, which has been distressing him a little - hoping it clears up really soon. Only downside of things these days is that it looks like I'm going to have to put Josiah in daycare soon, which I really didn't want to do until he was about 9 months old. My dad may be moving to Greenmount which is a 40min drive from our house, so they won't be nearby for babysitting.

re: Mitch - got a message from her the other day saying that Alexa weighed in at...bugger, just checked my phone & Mark has deleted all the messages. DOH!! It was a great weight anyways!! She's loving being a mum & one of her stepsons has moved in with them.

Becky & Joy, great to hear from both of you - glad your little men are doing so well!

Jacci - the bridge climb will be fantastic, I'm sure Gav will love it.

Gotta go, Josiah has pooed all up his back apparently, Janae and Mark are just standing there looking at him saying 'fix it mum'!

Have a great day everyone!

Bel

Smile

Another quick stop, finally worked out a rountine that seems to be working giving me more time to me! Caden sleeps really well at night and until his midday feed. Then I'm basically on fulltime until the next morning, I think he just gets tired during the day and fights sleeps leaving him a little grumpy by the end of the day.
    I did my first serious exercise yesterday and feel great, although a bit sore. Lots of walking, nice to be back out there doing something for me, with the boy!
    It's great to be back in touch with you all, Bel can't imagine what you must feel having to do the daycare thing so soon, but it's great that you've had help so far. As for those poos!!!! oh my! Caden has started pooing only once a week or so, those are the days you don't go anywhere if you know its coming... not that one can plan it that well.
    I told work that I'm taking 12 monmths not the 6 initially planned, hoping they'll agree to 18months, but not going to ask them for that yet. am sitting on it at the moment, hopefully won't need to do that at all.
    nic- you definitely have you hands full it seems with washing at least but it's nice to see that nixon is doing so well. Caden often does one decent projectile spew, usually once a week, often when we're ready to head out for the day!
    Shell - good to read about the 2 days a week, I'm hoping for the the when I have to eventually go back to work.
    well best keep moving, need to get out to the chooks before Caden wakes, last thing I need to do before I can devote the rest of the day to the boy!

what a misserable day outside.
    Yesterday got the Pixi pics done looking forward to seeing them. Nixon was smiling in most of them! Nixon has only gone once where he didnt poo for 2 days and OMG when he did! i cant imagine the size if he went almost a week! otherwise every second changed nappy is pooey!
    Nixon is going on his first snow trip next week! We are going to Mt Buller on Thurs-sunday. My parents are flying to melb and coming with us so atleast i can do some riding in between his feeds and mum will mind him.
    although the snow is pretty crappy right now.

Nicers - hope you get to do some skiing - is that something that you & Your DH really enjoy? Will it be freezing cold up there for Nixon? What nickname do you give nixon?

The weather here is Crappy too!! has been raining straight for about 3 days - the joy of living on the coast!!!

Gavin went out last night and got home at 4.30am this morning. He is paying for it now - hehehehe - i have no sympathy for him!

Bel - Did you not get your original job back??? Is the stupid girl that took your job still there? Did she get any better after you left or does everyone at work still not like her. Bit of a pity about having no baby sitter soon.

Sleep -last night charlie slept from 8.30 - 4.30am ( i think he only woke up at 4.30 coz gav come home ****ed and wanted to go see charlie!! MEN!!!) then he slept from 5 - 8.30 then from 8.30-12 - he must be having a growth splurt - coz he has only grown 1cm in 3 weeks before.

Haven't heard from KelliC, KellieW , Sush or Lisa in a while - hope there all going ok.

Bel, yeah I'm hating the idea of putting Holly in day care from 6mths, so can only imagine how u must be feeling. Was it really hard going back to work having to leave bub for the day? I'm dreading that. I'd really love to only have to go back 3-4days/wk when Holly's 12mths old instead of 5, but for now will have to leave it as is.

Jacci - haha for Gavin - I've no sympathy for him either!! Does that sound a bit harsh for someone I don't even know? hehe

No, I didn't get my old job back, I'm on reception now, which I thought I'd be ok with, but now its bugging me and its only been 2 weeks. The psycho woman isn't there anymore, she quit (right before she was about to be fired) but the boss panicked and hired too many people, so she had to stick me somewhere!

Shell, it was hard to leave him for the day, but because dad was taking him it wasn't so bad - and we had a few mini practice runs before hand. A few hours here and there, then the weekend before I had to go back to work, Mark wanted to take me to a hotel for the night, so we had the kids looked after for the night - THAT was hard (but OH so worth the sleep), but definitely made going to work easier. I guess it was a little easier this time round to, coz I'd gone through it with Janae before. Now we may have to send him to daycare, it could be a whole different story though!

I had a question I was going to ask, but it's gone out of my head - I'll have to pop in later if I remember.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend.

Bel

Hey all!? Well i had about 4 nights where Declan woke every 1 1/2 hours it was really starting to suck but last night he slept 4:30 -12:30 1 - 5 5:30 - 7:30 came in bed with me then for about and hour and then we got up so that was ok! he must of been having yet another growth spurt!

It must be so hard having to go back to work I have sacraficed everything in order for me to stay home I don't regreat it at all as I know I just wouldn't cope without seeing my little man all day! I am currently working at home kinda I do some things for my mums work like their newsletters posters and things! None of the ppl that work their are very good at that kind of thing so it has worked out really well! With a bit of luck I will be able to get some more bussiness sending me things to do I have some decent money comming in!

well best be off I have a poster to do a newsletter to finish and 2 powerpoint presentations to merge together and edit! See you all later!

Morning everyone,

Sorry for not posting for so long!

We are going really well here, after a rocky start the little man is now sleeping from 8pm until 6 and then straight back to sleep until around 9ish!! He is growing so big I can't believe it, the other day I had him weighed and he was 6.7kg!!!

Bel - I am back at work next Monday, which I am not looking forward to! My Aunty is having Tyron as we don't really want to put him in daycare so I know how hard it must be fore you!!

Jacci - I never have any sympathy for hungover men, saying that Michael has been pretty good of late!!

Nickers - enjoy the skiing, my DH and his best mate have made a pact that when the babies are 3 we are all going to NZ, can't wait!!

Well not much else is new from here, I have joined to gym as I still have around 14kg to loose and it was driving me nuts, I still don't fit into my prepregnancy clothes and I refuse to buy big sizes!!

Hope you are all having a great day.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast