Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #10

sooz- on the topic of getting clucky. Yes i have been! but DH is not as keen to start TTC again i would like to within the next 6-12months!

Clucky - I amazingly have passed the clucky stage. I think i can wait - I am just having so much fun at the moment with charlie, but i loved having my brother close to me in age so i don't know what to do!

thanks for all the info on the baubles.

abs - thats great about a MG lady being just around the corner. i was just at a mg friends place.

lisa - going to measure charlie tonight about the suit

bel - hope work was good

Wholly cow Lisa, that's quite a collection u have there. I only have 1 Asfour Crystal (parrot on branch) & 1 merry go round blown glass ornament, both gifts. OMG, I just looked up the price of the parrot, $175. Was a gift to our work from one of our clients & my boss offered it to me, being a girl & all, hehe. I also have a few small light catchers which I love (rainbows spread around when lights hit them)

Holly's just starting to sleep thru again now (on/off) Nickers, did from 1.5mths to 5.5mths, may be just a phase.

Well CHC nurse said to keep applying canesten cream (i'd run out & was only applying a very small amount) which is similar to Daktarin, but not to try the egg white in case she's allergic which might make it worse (told her about the apple) but yes she has heard of the egg white b4 & says it's a type of protein.
    Partial DW=7.4kg, L=66cm, (has singlet & nappy on). Her weight has increased in %ile (around 40% now, was around 25%) but her height has decreased in %ile (around 30% was around 40%). Hehe, explains her leg rolls & double chin, yikes.

Shell - yes it is quite a collection, I am worried when Tyron crawls as I can just see him pulling the cabinet down!!

Holly is such a little petite girl, bully here is 9.6kg and 76cm long!! He fits into size 1!

I just bought my SS present, how exciting!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

D'oh I've missed the starting up of a new thread again!

I'm going to try to get a Chrissy bauble for Charlie as well, and I could have sworn I saw them getting done at Myer too, just as Bel said. I go away on the 2nd of Dec and get back on the 18th, which won't give us much time to find it!

Going to back read on where everyone's at. BBL!

Yes, I can confirm Myer are doing the name ones, no one was at the desk today when we were there. But we bought Amber the cutest Christmas Stocking ever! Was surprisingly only $20.00 too!

We did buy her a little figurine with Winnie and Piglet holding a Candy Cane that said Baby's First Christmas from Target, which was the cutest one I'd seen so far. Didnt have the year on it though so I was a little jacked about that.

Hey all you lots talk to much was sooo much easier to keep track of april belly buddies when I was at work and didn't have bubs! He doesn't like playing in this room for some reason so annoying!

Umm lets see teeth - Declan has none but is teething flat out and has been since 3mths they come close and then go away so frustrating for my little man

Sitting Declan has been sitting for about a month now confidently enough to not have pillows behind him he can also walk in a walker and if you hold his hands but he as of today has only really starting rolling before it was once in a blue moon but today he just was a rolling pin!He is pretty close to crawling gets up and does the rocking movements and tries to leap very funny to watch his more nose has coped a beating though!

Declan goes to speech pathology on wesnesday to check out his supposed over active gag reflex which is why I am having trouble with feeding him solids will be interesting

umm what else ooh Christmas well we have been pretty good as we know all the family are going to spoil him we thought we would focus more on christmas but i still bought him a pair of nikes couldn't resist sooo cute a bouncey blow up thing was only like 430 which was 80% off too nice some fisher price peek a boo blocks with sports things in them and 2 Cat trucks (like tonkas but cheaper) and thats it!

Well best be off time for me to go to bed!

abs Guest

Becky, nice find for anything 80% off... and we did have a quiet phase for a while. Some of the other baby groups born after us have way more threads than us already we were the talkative Belly bunch though

Nice on the collection Lisa. Jen had all her fishies on top of a speaker in the bedroom - til one day one of the cats decided to use the front of the speaker as a scratching post, pulling it over and broke about 7 of the 9 pieces in the stand on top of the speaker. Swarovski fixed all bar one piece (the telescope fish). The plane I bought in Austria has been fixed twice for free when others have broken it - grrrr but yay on it being able to be fixed. They charged Jen a nominal $20 fee for fixing what they could of hers. She was in tears on the phone to me describing what had happened

When I was working in Canberra 2 years ago, there was a swarovski shop in the local Canberra Centre shopping centre near work... I'd go in there and just look at it all

Think we've sussed out the solids issue - dont wait til he is starving before feeding. Give him the bottle, wait say 45mins for the fullness of the bottle to go away, then he is quite happy to eat away. He loves yoghurt. Jen has started putting a little on the end of the teaspoon which has other things behind it. And he just smiles away as he's devouring it - looking straight at me !! I love my boy

Going up to the shops shortly, put some $$ of Geordieland (we can't resist, even though the spelling is wrong) and then off a little later, one of the mums in our group is holding a little get-together for the race this arvo. All bar 2 I think are going as they have prior commitments but both said they'd rather be with us. Will have a squiz for my SS pressie too, gotta get that soon

Hi everyone.

Lisa - I'm with you on the Thumper side of things! charlie is 76cm and 11 kilo's - he's so not petite at all!! - but he is beautiful!

Abs - thats what i do with charlie, I give him a bottle then wait half hour and feed him - that way he eats and doesn't screamm. He loves Farrex so much - i persnally think its crap!!!

Becky - let us know how you go with the reflux.

Well i am up to chest infection number 4 and not very happy about it. Poor little thing just gets rid of one then gets another! But he is still laughing and smilling.

Any way better go - talk to you soon

Jac

abs Guest

can't say I've ever tried Farex myself Jac !

Morning guys!

Sooz thanks for confirming that it's Myer that does it. May have to wander over tomorrow. I still haven't bought C anything for Chrissy. Everyone else's shopping was done ages ago! I just can't find him that perfect pressie.

C still isn't sitting. He's close, and if I have one hand on his hip, he'll sit for ages, but the minute I let go, he lolls to one side!

And as far as food goes, he seemed to be a small eater, only a couple of teaspoons twice a day. Then yesterday I didn't BF him before his dinner, and he was hungry when I fed him. He ate about 3 heaped tablespoons! And no spitting, blowing bubbles, nothing! Just gobbled it out like he couldn't get enough!

So he's now sitting under his playgym waiting for a bit before I get him some brekkie. He only BFed about an hour ago, so maybe in about half an hour....

sush - maybe i should try the feeding then bottle coz he seems to be a small eater - I might give it a go.

Abs - don't you taste everything that you feed jordy???? I have to try everything i give him hhehehe

I taste everything, which makes my DH cringe. But i figure if C can eat it so can I.

Today again no BF before food and he ate a heaped tablespoon for lunch too, and he usually won't touch lunch at all! He had both bbs after lunch, so he's getting a good amount of milk, but with a good amount of solids too.

Off to pick DH up from work now!

abs Guest

fricken fracken... somehow page refreshed and lost what I'd typed... start again

Jen does all the solids feeding at the moment... this weekend will probably be me feeding him solids as that's when Jen tries to work (during the week it's just whilst he sleeps and she doesn't have anything else to do). Speaking of that sortta thing, a friend of Jen's who recently sold his business for about $9Million (3 way split, so 3 each) has 2 daughters

He'd never done a great deal of looking after them as Deb does that and he is still under contract that part of the sale was to keep working for the company for about 3 years. Anyway she was away on some course for 3 days (no idea what) - he now has a completely different understanding of what she does and why Jen is looking to sell her business - when Jordy is older she'll get back into the industry she is in without a problem

How'd you all go with your cup bets ?? We naturally had some money on Geordieland - no idea where he came - anyone know who came last ??

Why does hindsight always suck. We have a horsey toy (brand is Poknee) that we took to the parents group cup get-together. The poknee has #2 on it, and has a delta symbol on the head piece... someone asked if we had any money on that horse. Nup.

D'Oh !!! It paid about $18/win !!!

Fricken Fracken LOL Abs!!

well i did not win with my own bets but at a friends place we did a sweep & i got the winner Delta Blues and dh had 3rd (whatever it was!) he also backed pop rock (2nd) and another horse in another race.

we end up pulling about even i think but all the money is going to Nixon's piggy bank! so Nixon did pretty well today!!

abs Guest

glad to have provided some entertainment Nic... I had actually launched a new browser window on the same page I was on... didn't know that was possible might have been ctrl-n ??

we did a parents group draw (forgot to mention this) - got 3 entries including #23 which came third, so came out even there

mum21 Guest

Hi everyone.

I missed the start of the new thread again. I'm only on quickly at mum and dad's.

How was everyone's Melbourne Cup Day? We had a good day out with my SIL and niece (we went to a luncheon). Then I was playing DD for my folks since its was my dad's 50th yesterday (lets just say they were quite ****y by the time I met up with them at 4pm LOL)

Anyways I must fly since mum and I have to go shopping for his party on Friday night and organise a few things.

Will catch up again when things have died down a little here .

Ciao for now.

Just a quick Q...

Has anyone elses bub gone off food & bottle/boob... Alexa seems to have gone off her food & bottle, she doesnt appear to be sick, I am wondering if it is anything to do with teething? (she has no teeth as yet!but has the red cheeks on & off)

Also LISA... can you please email me my SS details again I have the pressie set to go but my stupid step son deleted my emails... not happy Jan!!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast