Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #11

mum21 Guest

I'm still here Jacci.

How are things where you are?

abs Guest

hehe I'm well in truly in bed (Jen's request) by then Jac... occasionally I'm allowed up to play. Picked up the 1st five Harry Potter books yesterday, so have started reading those

Hmm, hopefully this has taught Jen once and for all how to spell Jordy's and my surname. She missed a letter out of it when she ordered a heap of personalised stuff for him and some others, like bathrobes and name stickers and a small wheeled backpack (stickers and backpack for Jordy) - they all have his surname mispelt. The order form has it mispelt - so doubt she'll manage to arrange for new ones "coz they stuffed up". Would have been maybe $100 worth of stuff :eek:

And now to deal with a gooseball at work. He's a senior technical manager but the way he is wanting some requests for work arranged doesn't make sense. We have to convert something and he wants to do it bit by bit. Only problem is that when we convert what we need convert, it affects certain computer systems people use.

Rather than doing the whole lot at the same time (only takes a few seconds anyway and its a really simple change), the areas previously affected will be affected again doing the latter stages of conversion... I only want to affect them once

Hehe cookie monster, cute Sush.

Oh no Amy, hope ur on the mend now. Now what u mean though, I hardly ever get sick & I've been sick 3 times since Holly was born. Flu, stomach virus, food poisoning (Sun/Mon) (& iron deficient aneamia which isn't really sick though). Lets hope that means we wont get sick for yrs to come, hehe.
    Na, the only email u'd get re: the start of a new thread is the moderator's final post in the old thread saying 'starting new thread'. It's just the way these types of forums work, u only get email notifications for threads u are 'subscribed' to & u aren't auto subscribed to new threads. We have the same type of forum (phpbb) for our work.

Sounds good & easy Jacci, I had seen another recipe for rusks around here somewhere, but it wasnt made with wholemeal bread. Oh no, sounds like u have an escape artist on ur hands. It's not a staffy is it, as they are.

Abs, oh dear on the mispelled items, yikes, hehe.

ETA: I just added the links to the other home made baby rusk recipes here.

Morning all, hope everyone is well on this beautiful day.

Sush - YAY for Charlie's tooth, hope he's feeling better now.

abs - What a bummer on Jen spelling Jordy's name wrong - she must be so upset! I hate it when I do things like that

Jacci - did you find your dog?

Theresa - how's Em going with her tube? How long does she have to have it in?

Becky - YAY on Declan crawling, hehe, now the fun begins!

Well, my little man is doing well, apart from a good case of the snuffles. Having to give him demazin so that he can sleep without getting too stuffy. He's also getting one or two of his top teeth, so he's been a bit of a grump from that. He's going to have such a lopsided smile for a little while, he's got 3 teeth at the bottom, and one's about through on the top - cute tho

Question - how do you put your bubs to bed? Josiah will have his bottle and pretty much fall asleep on my lap (on a tri-pillow, so I'm not actually holding him) then I transfer him to his bed. I've been trying to put him in his cot awake, but he just screams normally. We've had a bit of a breakthrough the last 2 nights, he's gone to sleep in his cot with me sitting next to it, but the day sleeps are a whole different story. Unless he's fully asleep, the minute he goes into his cot he screams. And he doesn't settle after a few minutes - he just keeps going and going. I know there's nothing wrong, because the second I pick him up he stops - but I don't want to have to spend an hour putting him to sleep just to have him sleep for 20 minutes - that's right - 20 minutes!! Any suggestions???

I know it's my own fault for not doing this SO much earlier, but I'm not putting up with it until he's 2 like we did with Janae.

Anyway, better go get dressed and get the day started (no, I'm not being TOO lazy, it's only 8.30 here - and I have been up for 3 hours already) Have a great day everyone

Bel

Bel - Haven't found our dog yet! - i will be so upset if she doesn't come home.

Charlie Sleeping - Bel - i used to have to rock charlie to sleep - it was getting so hard - he was really heavy - in the end i put him in his cot and let him cry himself to sleep - it was without a doubt the hardest part of motherhood for me soo far. It took him a while he cried - i cried then he would cry more and i would cry more!.. I did the Controled crying thing and now i can just put him in his cot as soon as he starts rubbing his eyes turn his mobile on and he'll cry for about a minute then he's off to bed. Charlie still only has nanna naps of about 1/2 an hour - the first time it took me about an hour to get him to sleep and i nearly gave in sooo many times - but i am so glad i didn't give in now!

Abs - I always have the problem of people spelling my name wrong when i ring up and order things. Did jen just forget a letter?

Ok - gotta go change a yucky stinky nappy!

Amy - I must of signed off just before you typed back to me last night - sorry.

abs Guest

she spells my surname wrong all the time Bel it's Bassett-Smith, she keeps writing Basett-Smith (I spot it instantly and it gives me the creeps looking at it, tis just WRONG :eek: )

As for sleeping, Jordy must get it from his dad ie me, 99 times out of 100, he can appear wide awake, we'll put him in his grobag/sleeping bag thingy which I prefer to do in his cot, turn out the lights/draw the curtains, pull up a light blanket and sheet, give him one or two shake/rattle soft toys, turn on the music (well the 10m Twinkle Twinkle little star track plays 24hrs a day, we just adjust the volume) and that's it

During the day they are almost always multiples of 40mins. Sometimes he'll grizzle for a few minutes but you can virtually guarantee if you stick your head in his room a short time later he is happily playing in the land of nod.

It really can be knowing the signs. We can tell when he is ready. Eyes glaze a little, one rub of his eye, and usually 2hrs after waking from previous sleep. Sometimes during the arvo though he can go from say 2pm til bedtime around 6.30-7pm

If he wakes at say up til 5.30 it'll be a nappy change and a bottle then straight back to bed. If he wakes at 6onwards, he's up for the 2hrs. There's usually a nappy change at anywhere between 1 and 3am too, but no more bottles then

Sorry can't give any suggestions or help, that's just where we are at with Jordy

Good luck with finding your dog Jac !!
    Last edited by abs; November 21st, 2006 at 11:34 AM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Bel,

With C I put him in his cot and turned his mobile on. When he cried, I'd go in, pick him up, soothe him, and as soon as he stopped, I'd put him back in his cot. I repeated this about 5 times and then he eventually figured out that crying wasn't going to get him out of bedtime, and he put himself to sleep. He now self settles during the day. It took a while though, of this consistent pick up/put down routine to settle him. About a week? Also I waited until crying, not just whinging.

Now he doesn't cry when he's put into his cot at all. At the moment he's in there playing and talking to himself, and when he's tired, he'll go to sleep. If he cries, I go in and check him, soothe him, then leave. I always worry that he's gotten himself stuck in the bars or something! And if he screams when I put him in his cot, I know something's wrong - like last week. Later that day, he developed a fever!

I want MY baby to go to sleep easy... waaaaahhhhhhh... Alexa is a total toad at the moment, I havent had a full nights sleep for the last fortnight & the bags under my eyes show it LOL.... But having said that I think her tooth was an issue for a part of it & I also she senses the tension in our house at the moment too (she sleeps fine at my friends during the day!!!).... If I leave her to cry in bed she absolutley screams her head off & not just whimpering, she really gets going... any suggestions to try & keep me sane & get Alexa to sleep without major tantrums.....???

I am at a stage now that Stepson is jsut about out the door, i am at the moment trying to get another house sorted out for him cause I just cant handle anymore, & his mother wont take him back either.....

Haha Bel, yeah sure, that's what ur telling us, now get back to cleaning, hehe, just kiddin.
    With Holly, I feed her & then about an hour later I put her to bed (her cot), close blinds & turn on Tomy Starlight dreamshow (5mins), at first sign of grizzle/eye rubbing. She sometimes cries, but I use the controlled crying method, u can usually hear the cries getting shorter & the breaks in between getting longer til they fall asleep, but don't leave them for any more than 30mins like this, or if there's no letting up with the crying. Well that's the advice I got from the CHN & it works for us. Sometimes she just goes straight to sleep or has a little play in her cot, other times might cry for 1min or sometimes 20mins. If she continues to cry, I get her up, settle her & try again after checking her nappy & making sure she is ok (not hungry, check temp, not caught up). She generally sleeps for 1-2hrs, very occasionally waking after 20 or 40mins but I leave her & she goes back to sleep as I dont want her to think she can get up to play every time she makes a noise, hehe as they can be cheeky monkeys. Well thats just what I was told & it works for me but that doesnt mean it works for everyone. You just have find something that works for you. Hope you get some answers/ideas.
    Holly was sleeping through from 1mth to 5.5mths & now again at around 7mths.
    Although I still have a sleeping issue when we are out & about. Any tips on this? If she's in her pram I can usually get her to sleep by putting a towel over the pram so no eye contact with passers by, but at say mum's group, when I dont want to bring the pram into their nice houses I usually end up holding her until ready to go home. I have this little sleeper that encloses in (pic in my www 0-3mths) which we use at MIL's & occasionally elsewhere which usually works, but it didn't today as she kept crying & I didn't want her to wake the other bubs. Also she is not going to fit in it for much longer.

Really Jacci, she still isn't back yet, oh no.

Abs, cool triple S & triple T, hey maybe Jen can remember that way, I always find a little thing like that makes me remember things. Just like my dad telling me in high school before a science exam how to remember the order of colours in a rainbow/spectrum, think of it like a fellow's name: Roy G Biv (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). Also he taught me pythagorus thyrum in yr9 & I've remembered it since & maths teacher hadn't taught it to us yet & a question about it came up in class & I piped up, hehe. Just silly little things work for remembering things sometimes, then guess it doesn't make it silly then huh, hehe.

Oh no Mitch, sound like u've got ur hands full, sorry have no idea on teenagers, maybe Sush will even though hers have moved out now.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Gee mitch, I'm probably the last person you'd want advice from where teens are concerned, I can't even figure my own out!

Hehe, yeah guess ur right Sush, my dad was still saying that when my brother was still living at home just b4 xmas last yr (25yo then). Things we all have to look forward to.

abs Guest

thanks for the tip there Shell... maybe that will work. Though they are all being replaced free of charge - maybe she told em she had it correct on the form ??

Hope you get things sorted Mitch - as with Bel, sorry no help from here

I have the same problem mitch - Josiah doesn't just cry, he screams - but i've learnt to recognise when its a tantrum and when he needs something. i think i may wait too late to put him down and then hes overtired and thats why he doesn't stop. I'll just have to persist though - at least he sleeps through the night from 6.30pm, even if he does get up at 5.30am!

Dog back yet Jac?

So glad they're reprinting your things abs - thats good of them.

Got Janae 2 crazy crabs today, her first pets. She's SO excited. We figured they're pretty hardy for a first pet - and it will save her from bringing slaters inside to play with!

Better go check on dinner - roast pork for dinner tonight - YUM

Bel

abs Guest

hm, sounds yum Bel. Hope the pork was done to perfection, am sure it was

And yeah, leaving it too late before putting em into bed is certainly asking for trouble. We learnt that quite some time ago

hey guys.... jsut a quickie will be back later... boss is grumpy!!!!!

Lisa..... can you please check with alexas SS person if they have sent her pressie... one arrived for her yesterday, but I dont know if it was form SS or April buddy SS????????

Cheers Muchly

BBL...

Got the dog back!!!
    Gav and i looked everywere andi had rang the local ranger and no luck! - so i thought i would ring the vet and c if any dogs had been brought in injured. One of my friends who works there said that none had been brought in but a local footballer had picked a dog up running along the ring road ( thats our busiest route for trucks) and it had nearly been hit by trucks so he thought he better pick her up, he didn't want to take her to the pound coz she's not registered so he held onto her for us.. I am going to pick her up this morning - can't wait haven't seen her for 2 days.

Huge fires down our way - gav has been out for the last 12 hours fighting them. Apparently 7 lightning strikes caused fires and then all joined together - burnt over 10,000 hectares in 5 hours - Thats one angry fire! ( the fire i was talking about is on the news at the moment)

Abs - I hear the Blue mountains are on fire again.

Bel - Luckily charlie isn't a real screamer, as you said be persistant but don't let it upset you if it is upsetting you then thats not good for you or josiah.

Mitch - I had the same thing happen!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast