Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #2

Hi All,

Theresa - that's great news about Georgie. Here's hoping it continues! It's made you feel better too and that is also important (happy mum = happy baby).

ABS - Oh Lordy, the spews. WM tends to save up his expulsive displays and lets them rip all at once. Last night, we had a milk regurgitation, followed by a fusillade of farts and a full on green clay pooh that just wouldn't stop. Then while I was trying to clean that up, he peed all over himself. It was like an out of control fire hose. What can you do except laugh? =)

Re sleeping ... we sort of have a small pattern. He has bath and feed early evening and is in bed by 7.00, watching his aquarium soother. Wakes for another feed late-ish and depending on what sort of night we're having, may sleep on until 3.00 or 4.00 or wake intermittently until I take him into the bed with us. It varies. I think I'm getting used to the interrupted sleep patterns now but Moccona is still my best friend.

Sooz - yeah it is hard to relinquish that desire to clean or get things done when the little ones kip. It's a whole new way of life and really takes some getting used to. God I love it though and I wouldn't have it any other way (and neither would you, I wager) =)

I will also be on the pill as soon as my cycles are re-established. I'm on the full Triphasil though as not BF. I just had my first AF but it was very light.

Sex? What's that? =))

Amanda, yeah the sleeping bags are great. They work for us for the same reason. I got one from KMart before WM was born and it's been great. My sister got me some from Baby Target so we're all stocked up here (which is handy when WM is having one of his expulsive displays as it means I have a back up).

Oh we finally bought a pram on the weekend. We already had one that someone had given us but it was a little large and awkward considering we live in a flat and space is at a premium. This one is a layback stroller (Steelcraft) and really easy to use. Looks good too and is suitable for birth up to 17kgs. WM spends most time in Hugabub when out though so that is still first preference.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Mel and WM

Morning all.

Charlie nearly slept thru last night. I fed him at 9.30pm and he woke up 7 hours later at 4.30am - YEAH YEAH YEAH then he woke again at 8.30 and i have just fed him.

Abs - Sleeping - i could honestly say that i would b a walking wreck if Charlie went back to waking up every 90 minutes... i hope jen gets some sleep during the day. (probably not coz of work)

Baby dreams - I laugh to myself when charlie has a dream and he does facial expresions. I think to myself " what life experience could a baby have to have dreams"

Theresa - great to hear you have the reflux under control now - hope life gets easier.

DTD - i'm on a promise every sundau - hehehe

nickers - hope the bleeding is nothing bad - let us know.

Lisa - i hope your ok, and everything hs settled down with Tyron.

Anyway were of for a walk now. Can't believe our babies are either over or nearing the 2 month mark - it has gone so quick!

jacci and wueee

abs Guest

it has gone so quick - Jordy is 9 weeks old tonight !

Would love to go for a walk, but it is solid wet cloud above sydney at the moment. I have to go out for the afternoon - meeting with people who do similar role as I but for different companies (well those that maintain the same bit of computer system, tis once a quarter)... will be good to get out of the house proper seeing I work at home now. Will have to load my PDA with some Jordy piccies

Actually had a better night last night... he went down at as usual about 7, woke once at 11.30 for basically just a nappy change, then 5.30 and 7 and 8.30... so we both feel a little more human today

Was having a quick look at tickers above:

Mel is showing 1m3w1d, Jacci is 1m3w2d and Theresa 1m3w3d... but then Theresa and Mel both show April 12 as date of birth... so seeing Jacci is the 13th, Mel, your ticker is out !!
    Last edited by abs; June 5th, 2006 at 10:17 AM.

Abs - That was a good night sleep - I really like the walk coz it gets me out of the house - It is raining here today - but charlie is so warm in his pram and under cover the only one who gets wet is me!!! It rained for the first half of our 9km - then i was just wet all the way home! Have fun showing of fthe photo's of jordy.

Abs, yeah ticker is stuffed! Not sure what it's problem is as I have the correct day entered.

Oooh Sush, sounds like that lil man of urs is being spoiled, hehe, & why shouldn't he.

Ur right Sush. Today, CHN said she doubt's it's AF that I've got (flow slightly increased Fri night after very mild cramps Fri arvo), as exclusively BF. Said if still bleeding by Wed to see obgyn, but he's on 4wks leave so will need to see someone else. Obgyn had said last wk if still bleeding by today (9wks) to book aptmt (curette). Will wait & see. I'm still thinkin it might be AF. Also Thu I was more tender, in ovary area i think. Hehe, me too Nickers.

Sooz, LOL. Oh those pickies sound great, can't wait to c them.

Xclnt news Theresa.

Mel, LOL at the firehose. WTG on pram.

Thats great Jacci, sleeping longer. WTG on the walk too, hope u don't catch a cold though.

Abs, hope Jordy's routine get's better.

My cuz rang me today, her bub is 18days younger than Holly (& we are 16 days apart), she has 2 TEETH coming thru can u believe it & she's only 6.5wks old. She said no wonder her lil bub has been unsettled. She has heard of at least 1 person who's bub was born with teeth, yikes.

Holly has been bit more unsettled last few days in arvo/night but still sleeping well, she went 11-12hrs between feeds last night (up 7:15am). CHN said it will be cluster feeding to prepare her for her long sleep. When ur burping ur bub, do u hear the milk go up & down in his/her throat, sometimes bringing some up? Poor Holly woke herself up again the other night, laying in vomit (in her hair), erky.

CHC check went great. CHN said Holly is doing great & is especially strong & great on tummy, yay. Stats for birth, 2w4d, 6w3d, 9w:
    BW= 2945g/6p7oz, 3260g/7p3oz, 3960g/8p11oz, 4310g/9p8oz
    L= 50cm, 49cm, 53.5cm, 55cm
    HC= 35.5cm, 36.5cm, 38cm, 38.5cm

Hi Everyone

Shell... OMG :eek: at having teeth already! Abbey cluster feeds at night too, wants to feed every hour or so, but doesn't worry me cause she then sleeps for at least 8 hours. Great to hear that holly is doing so well but it's funny to me that she weighs now what abbey was when she was born ... abbey is now 11pd. I hope your bleeding stops soon and you don't have to have the curette.

Jacci.. Yay on Charlie sleeping through. It's nice isn't it. and abbey makes the strangest faces and laughs and smiles in her sleep.. it cracks me up.

Abs... Abbey is pretty much in a routine, although its a strange one due to Chris's working hours (and mine if i go help). He gets home from work at about 1am so abbey cluster feeds and naps before then and goes to bed properly at about 2am then sleeps through till 8 or 9 (once or twice has slept through to 12 lol) i then feed her and she goes back down for a couple of hours. It fits in with our routine but hopefully not hard to change when she gets older. hope jordy starts sleeping better for you soon.

Melbo.. We got given a pram as well and it's so big and heavy i have trouble getting it in and out of the car. So we will be looking at getting another one, which one did you get and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Theresa.. yay on the meds working and georgie being more settled.

We are all good here. I went out and brought an Avent isis pump today so my plan for tonight is to give that a go and see if abbey takes the bottle. It will be handy to have some milk in the freezer just in case.

Just locking this and creating another.

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678