Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #3

abs Guest

hehe it's really our pleasure to help remind you Theresa... you are going through such a rough trot with things. But then you and others having gone through things helps us out too - so it works both ways

Meant to ask this early... tis something I touched on a little while ago. Jen is sooo adamant about having Jordy in our room for the whole 6 months thing - she's now been told this from about 3 different unrelated sources

Who has and hasn't moved bubs out yet (for those that have, when was it - for those that haven't, when do you plan to ??)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Abs,

Charlie is still rooming in with us. I would like to move him into his own room, but Karl won't have a bar of it. I don't push the point too much coz it's nice to not have to walk down the hall to his room whenever he wakes. And the last couple of nights, he's gone 8pm to 2.30am, then 3.00am to 5.30am, so he's sleeping through the 11.30pm 'wake up' he used to have. So as long as he can sleep through the World Cup matches Karl watches, I'm happy for him to keep sleeping in our room.

We've agreed to move him into his own room once he moves from his cradle to his cot, which should be in the next 2-3 months.

Abs - charlie was in his room at 6 weeks - it makes my life so much easier - i am the type of person who hears every noise so its good now to get some proper sleep. Also i wanted to get charlie intothe habit of putting himself to sleep - i didn't want to be still rocking him to sleep at 18 months ( one of my friends is having that problem now!!!!) I feed him at 4.30 am and then cuddle him for a few minutes - put him back in his cot and close the door - I have the baby monitor - he talks to himself for about half an hour then drifts of to sleep. we just had our mothers group today and one of the mums has a 3 month old and she still sleeps with them in the middle of the bed.

Theresa - is it something in you or your husbands family thqat causes your girls to have stomach - eating problems - just wondered how people get it and stuff. Hope they get little em's poblem under control. Hope the asthma gets better - gav has it and it scares the hell out of me when he has an attack. I heard it is hereditary(sp?) does Em have it? Sorry sdo many qst

Jacci, Zaki co-slept with us exclusively until he was 18 months! Lol! (And this was long before co-sleeping was accepted) And Charlie co-sleeps with us from 5.30am to around 7.30am every morning too. Now I'm older, I find I don't sleep as well with a baby in bed with us, but I do love my morning snuggle!

Hi,

i know about bub getting called small everywhere i go!!

Nixon lasted 1 whole night in our room! i never really wanted to get him in the habit & did not get sleep hearing all his noises. (but he was already almost one month old)
    he sleeps in his bassinett in his room, but we do sometimes bring him in for a cuddle in the mornings if i don't have to get up or be anywhere.
    Ive just had a nap with him now actually!

Abs.. thanks for that.. we have over 800 members. We are going to see if the companys IT person can do it and if not i'll let you know. Thanks again for the offer.

As for having bubs in the room with you Abbey is still in our room but only till she outgrows her bassinette. Hoping it lasts almost through winter. She puts herself to sleep even in the room with us so not worried about that. I like having her so close and don't know how i'll go putting her in her room. She doesn't keep us awake either. She has been sleeping through from 2am ish till 11am ish which has been great.

Theresa.. hope you em and georgie are feeling heaps better soon...

Shell...cluster feeding at night is easy to get used to when it means they sleep for heaps longer after isn't it. I wouldn't worry about people saying she is small. I have people saying how small Abbey is and she's over 5kg already.

well i better go feed this baby talk to you soon

Abs, hehe, everyone's diff. We were adamant that Holly was to remain in her own room in a cot, as heard stories from others about issues from trying to move a bub into their own room later. For us it's working well.
    Good to hear Jordy's sleepin better, makes a big diff.

Theresa, hope everything sorts itself out, u r still havin a rough trott.
    Bout weight, funny thing was a work colleague & his wife & 6.5mth daughter dropped in the other day, she was 5.5pnd born full term. I mentioned that Holly is in 000 now (only fits 2x0000 outfits which are big makes) she said wow holly is huge, her bub was in 0000 until 4mths, hehe. She also said she hasn't been to any mothers groups so doesn't get to see other bubs. I love getting out & talking to other mum's & Holly loves checkin the other bub's out.

Hope everyone is well!

sushee - we have charlie in our bed for an hour or so in the morning before gavin goes to work - about 6am - i love a cuddle - him and i went back to bed this morning for a few hours - its me and charlie time!!!

Abs - the hardest thing i had to do was move charlie into his own room - i miss looking over at him and seeing him there.

Amanda - that is amazing that she will sleep till 11am - charlie decides it is playtime at about 6am!!! little bugger!!!

Theresa - gav has asthma and i wonder if it will be passed onto charlie .

shell - i loved mothers group also - iwe got to ask questions and find out what nad how others do things.

abs Guest

Jordy has been putting himself to sleep for a while now - something Jen had to get me used to... I used to sit in the "feeding chair" in our bedroom til he fell asleep in my arms (sometimes, make that pretty often, I'd be snoring away too til Jen woke me), fortunately, we have a decent feeding pillow, called "the milkbar", so he's quite safe and sound with us both being asleep

Oh and he is in his cot already too... I'm thinking I just find it a bit big for our bedroom being where it is - ah well

And Jen loves lying reversed in bed (ie head down near the foot of the bed) just watching Jordy too. I've woken up with feet in my face a few times

Parents group - we have meeting #4 tomorrow, so looking forward to that, especially after missing last week. One of the girls mentioned having a Jack Johnson ??? CD (the name means nothing to me but others recognised it) and was gonna make a couple of copies for a few of us. THere was also another dad there last week, I only popped in to give our apologies (only 5min walk from the post office that I had to go to for some parcel pickups) - oh, including Jordy's birth certificate.

Apparently had been sitting there for a whole month, registered post. We never got the original pickup thingy... and of course it was bucketing down, and naturally the letter got rather wet. Fortunately the certificate is "okay"

Hmmm, sounds as if someone is waking - bugger... 2hrs early !!

morning all.

lovely day here in sunny portland.......not

abs - gav and charlie fall asleep together all the time. its theretime - so i just let it happen.

Hey all,

I got a great sleep last night! Charlie went down at 9.30pm and didn't wake until 5.30am! Then I fed him, burped him, changed his nappy, then we both slept in until 8.30am. And guess what? He's back asleep again, snoring away in his rocker, after his bath and a play. This is soooo not like him so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

As for MG, I'm actually having a bit of trouble finding a local one. Am thinking of calling the CHN to see if she can point me in the right direction.

And thought I'd mention that Ariani was a lovely petite little bub too. Cute as a button, she was! She was in 0000s for a while too as I recall, about 3 months? She was only 6lb2oz at birth (40 weeks) but you wouldn't know it now to look at her!

jelliebean Guest

Hi All!! (remember me!!!)

This is the first time I've seen these new threads (bit confusing at first but, great)..... I just wanted to drop in and see how my old Belly Buddies were doing....... There are some gorgeous pics on your signatures of your lil bundles....Hope all is well...

Well Luke is growing well, He's 14 weeks now and weighing about 6kg.... So far since birth he's had two ear infections and has been on antibiotics. He came good for a week in between infections.

He is sleeping from about 9pm thru to 5 or 6 am, depending on how cold it is in the morning. But, having annoying lil 20 minute naps thru out the day. He is realy clingy with me too, If i go out of his sight he cries and carries on....

He is finally smiling and now laughing which is wonderful....

I'm still breast feeding but, to my horror am not loosing weight as I did with DS#1. So I've been dieting for a lil while now and have lost 3kgs but, I'm finding the final 7kg really hard to budge. I've been doing aerobics on a video at home but, i'm just maintaining weight at 67kg. So today I went for an hour walk with the two boys in the pram and plan to do aerobics later on today, to see if that helps. Ideally now I've finished breeding I want to get my body back to pre babies if I can, which was 60kg....

Anyway thats about all that is happening at my end for now.... I hope you are all well and enjoying your babies....

KelliC Guest

Hello Everyone, sorry for the MIA,
    I have been trying to keep up by atleast reading the posts.

Nickers,
    the class sounds wonderful, I'm in Sth Morang which is not too far from you, can you please tell me where that mums and bubs aerobics class is? I have been going at night and hate leaving Olivia at home.

Kelli - hope everything is going great for you.

Jelli - HI there.!!!!! It is amazing to think luke is 14 weeks now.

good evening ladies - that includes u abs

hands up for all those people out there who are loving mother hood
    I was sitting here playing with charlie today and thought there really is nothing else i need in life now. he is so much fun now he smiles and gooos and gaaaahs and even has a little laugh. and there is nothing better than when i'm feeding him and he looks straight up into your eyes....

any way just thought i'd share that.

I'll let u know how we go with the circumsition tommorow

jac & Charlie:eek:

Kelli- Its on at the Eltham Leisure centre. Every wednesday 11.15am.
    i only found out after leaving the class that after its finished there is a 15min mingle/chat! I left straight after thinking the class was over and must have finished early!! everyone prob thinks i am un-socialble now.... oh well i know for next time, its not on for 2 weeks now cause of school hols so back on 5th July, let me know if you decide to ever go so we can meet each other! Not sure how much the class is as i bought a card whilst pg that was just for gym classes and am still using that.

Jacci- I can't wait to know what you mean about having charlie laughing and smiling at you all the time. Nixon did his first smile approx one week ago but still is only doing it very occaisonally. Saw the Paed today who said he should come along with his smiles heaps in the next fortnight, oh i hope so!!

Jacci - I totally agree. Amber is so entertaining, I just love her to pieces. I can just sit there and watch her sleep for hours!!

Abs - Amber sleeps in our room at night, only for my own convenience! Its easier to get up and tend to her or see why she's grizzling if she's right there! (and I dont get so cold running down the hall!!)

I've updated Amber's pics website too for anyone who's interested. We were lucky to get one of her smiling which just melts my heart!

Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend. We're gonna be busy, we've decided to move back to Perth (YAY!!!!!) so getting the house ready to go on the market.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast