Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

oooh, i LOVE my digital slr! gotta get ready to come to ur's - see you soon!

Hehe, yep, know what u mean Sush. I did a very short photography course but still dont know how to do manual shots by playin with the settings, so generally just use auto mode, hehe. I heard/read that Nikon & Canon were 2 of the best in the way of digital (& SLR) cameras. We bought a Nikon 5700 (slr like) 2yrs ago but bought 3yrs warranty & just realised there are 11 dead pixels, so now have to send it in for repairs, not happy Jan. As it cost $900 (was $500 dearer in the shops). For reviews & prices, see my www - fave links (homepage - links). Nikon is supposed to be good for prof photographers & Canon for simple point & shoot. My hubby whinges that he wishes we'd never bought the Nikon as we don't know how to use it to it's full potential, but it was cheaper than the canon's. Oh well.

abs Guest

We have someone coming to our place next Wednesday for some shots... $165 and we get to keep the best 20 "digital negatives" - hmm, yeah right... no such thing as digital negatives and who's to say she doesn't keep some herself for whatever purposes (my rant on her advertising that others dont realise - came through from the parents group)

Now we have a bit of a problem. Jordy has one of those Fischer Price Aquarium battery thingies attached to the side of the cot. Has a big button they can press to turn it on

Someone has taught Jordy to lift his feet up and push the button !! We put him to bed earlier today for a nap and for nearly half an hour there it was turning on and off with him kicking the button !!! Now we'll be woken all night instead of him just chatting to himself, he'll be playing with that too (gotta admit, it is pretty funny though) - hope to get some footage of it soon

Jen has finally realised why I've been trying to get footage on my phone rather than the video camera. Coz I can download it to the computer and share it... FInally downloaded a clip of her playing with his tongue and he is cacking himself... Has been emailed to most of my family now (15sec=1MB). We'll upload it somewhere and provide a link on his page soon

Oh and he has taken to playing with his bits whilst changing his nappy too - as soon as the nappy comes off, down goes one hand or the other !!!!!!

Abs - that is soo cute!! can you email it to me. That is funny that he is playing with his lttle doody!!! i don't think charlie has realised he has one yet!!!! how big has he gotten now?

Sushee - I paid to have charlie's photo's done when he was 12 days old and they turned out unreal - got them done by topshots - he only took 3 pictures and they were awesome - but one of my friends when to him the next day and her turned out like you said yours did - they were crap!!! we are getting family photo's done at christmas i'll be amazed to see how they go. Let me know what your new camera is like when you you buy one - i need a new one.

Perth Ladies - How was your meeting???

How is everyone else going????

I will be online again everyday now as i have the internet back on at home.

Have fun

Jac

need help!!!
    Charlie is on antibiotics for his chest infection. for the last 2 days he won't drink his bottles, Wednesday night he had a feed at 8.30pm then thursday morning he had his bottle at 6.30am. them wouldn't eat another one till 1pm then another one at 6pm and that was it for the night he woke up at 1am and i gave him a bottle then (last night) tried to give him one when he woke up at 7.30am and he wouldn't take it. so i gave him some custard at 9.30 and he took a bit of that. I just tried to give him another bottle now (12pm) and he only took about 115mls and then started spitting it out and cracking it at me. He is not in a bad mood or anything he is happy all the time just won't take a bottle

I am going to post this in the bottle feeding thread aswell and see what they say. but if you have any idea's please let me know.

Jac

Hehe, abs, that sounds so cute, I'd be chuckling but annoyed with not being able to sleep. Haha, bits, well Holly doesn't play with her bit, but does put her hands down there, so when she does her usual sloppy jaloppy, I have to try & keep her from putting her hands in it, yuk.

Oh no Jacci, a friend in mum's group had her bub at the local public hosp a few wks ago coz her bub wasn't drinking (bottle) frequently nor the full amount & he ended up dehydrated so ended up on drip. The hosp didn't have any answers for her, just after drip emptied sent them home. She just had to keep forcing him to take the bottle & he eventually came back to normal again, however is on antibiotics now for an ear infection, which apparently he had whilst in hosp (maybe b4 not sure). Hope he takes it soon. One sign of dehydration is when they're soft spot on they're head dips in (has a hollow feel when rub hand over head), Holly's has always been a bit in but stays same.

Sush, sorry for being a ticker pic copycat, but I just looovvveed yours so much that I had to try one of my own.

abs Guest

Good to see ya back online Jacci - sure has been a bit quiet around here, though certainly has picked up again the last few days - yippeee

Can you PM me your email address - would love to send you the file - actually I should upload it - doing that now... click here

We've had a pretty big slowdown in food intake over the last few days, but Jordy is happy as always, so we're not worried, but keeping an eye on him. Could be a teething thing... he's wanting to chomp on things (especially fingers) big time and dribbling big time too. And he's really taken to playing with the mobile... Hmm we really might take it off the cot

Size wise - <2 weeks for the 6month appt, so will get stats then

Now, for those of you who were in the April Belly Buddies threads around end of Jan/early Feb this year will remember the heartache that went through my family with the loss of my nephew.

My sister messaged me this morning saying to call when I was free... Whilst it's still VERY early days yet, Penny is pregnant. She is sooooo excited and couldn't wait to tell us

Hope you're all having a good weekend !

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oooh shell, I love that pic of Holly!

Abs, Charlie hasn't found his willy yet, but having had two other boys, I know they all do eventually! Lol! Just watched the vid of Jordy and it's cute as!

Jacci, sounds like Charlie at the worst of his flu. He wasn't keen on eating much either, and didn't put on much weight in that month (about 100g?) but I would definitely be speaking to your paed about it. Like shell said, they can get easily dehydrated.

Well, our meet went well. Only 3 girls + me, but we had a lovely time! I got to meet Bel and gorgeous Josiah and Janae! I owe Janae another cup of juice, Bel, coz it was me that told her if she finished her cup I'd give her another! Lol!

As for the camera, I've moved away from SLRs and am looking at a Sony DSC H5 or R1, but more than likely it'll be the H5. I road tested both and the H5 is 7.2mp, 12X optical zoom and has a 3inch screen. The R1 is 10.3mp, but only 6X optical zoom and a 2.5inch screen, for double the cost. You can get all these cool add-ons to the R1, but for the price, the H5 has all I need. Mind you, I'm going to wait until November so I can get it Duty Free too!

In the end, Karl said he wanted a camera that he (technologically-challenged) could also use, and that's fine by me. I also am probably saving him about $500 by not getting an slr!

Abs - that is such great news about Penny. I can't believe it was January - its seems like so long ago for us - but probably not for your sister. I hope everything is going great for her and her husband ( Is his name Tim - couldn't remember) - I'll be back on checking the net everyday now

Sushee & Shell - Charlie has a really little soft spot on his head to the point were you can't see it pulsing or feel it very well - so it is really hard to tell wether he is dehydratted - is there another way to tell?
    Charlie can afford to put on only 100g this month - considering he weighs more than 10 kilo's!!!!!!

Abs - tried to send you a PM and it said you weren't recieving them. my email address is - [email protected]

just wanted to let you all know that i have updated charlies web bage with all new photo's if you wanted to have a look.
    http://www.babababies.com/view/view.cfm?SITEID=37155 ( am ialowed to put that in there?? please let me know if i'm not

abs Guest

yeah we can put links in if they are baby related - I put a link direct to an uploaded version of Jordy's video earlier

hmm, weird about the PM - I thought Platinum members could send anyone a message about non-Plat members couldn't reply to em... might go do a post in the appropriate forum about that

So hows the new place going - how much have you done to it so far Jac ??

Edit: They must have modified the rules at some stage re P/M's... you'll only be able to message other platinum members... Mod's can message anyone

yeah house is going good. I have just finished painting the kitchen - we have to rip out 2 walls before we could put a brand new kitchen in which won't be ripped out till next march,the old kitch was blue so i thought i would paint it so that i could get through the next year. we have sooo much to do but its impossible to do what i want coz it all has to be done in an order!!

Has little Jordy started rolling yet??? Charlie gets half way and then stops.

abs Guest

ah rolling - he's almost there. Needs a teenee bit of help and then over he goes - either way. And the smile when he does it is amazing !! From his back he is well used to trying to get both feet in his mouth (if he has socks or socked pants on, the material certainly makes it), so can roll to his side but with arms reaching his feet - no way will he finish the roll from that position

And he aint that little - sure he's smaller than Charlie, but certainly bigger than most of the others around here and certainly bigger than most of the others in the parents group (hmm wonder when we'll next get to go... doubt it'll be this Wednesday seeing we have the photo session in the morning)

Good luck with the house... Jen would love to redo our kitchen - tis a bit small really

Very cute big man Jacci. From what I remember, from my local Kaleidoscope Child Health Clinic, some symptoms are: soft spot on head sunken in, urine strong smelling & quite yellow & less wet nappies. Don't know other symptoms, maybe give 'em a call.

Thnx Sush, not as cute as Charlie's though. A new toy for u & DH soon, how exciting. D'ya get a chance to check out the prices/details of them from those links in my homepage? I got Domayne to price beat the cheapest internet price whereas H.Norman said no chance in hell will we beat an internet store & I got to buy extended warranty, which we now need due to dead pixels found.

Xlnt news Abs. Just checked out the movie clip, how cute.

Long time no see everyone,

Hope that you are all well, sorry it's been so lone but as you all know its been a really busy six months. Yes 6 months already can you believe it. Holly is actually 6 months today. She is really well, still breastfeeding and actually stated solids on Friday. Last month we sold our house and are now renting. We are building a new house which is due to be started in the next 2 weeks. Nathan is full on ATM he was 2 in May and I am finding him much harder to deal with than Holly who has been a very placid and happy baby to have around. Anyway, now that I'm back I will try to keep up with the thread.

Cheers
    Jaime

abs - charlie is the same. if i give him a help then he is over straight away. he can't work out were his arm is meant to go - O'm actually hoping he is still amonth or so off actually rolling coz we don't get out floor boards polished till then!

Shell - thanks for that - I am going for a walk soon so i'll walk past the maternal child centre and ask them a few qst. just tried to give him a bottle then and he only took 80mls then just spit it back out at me and started laughing!! Little buger i am going to hold offo n the solids and make him only have bottles till he starts eating again.

Hi JMAC - great to hear from you. good to see you sold your house - i think i remember you saying something about thinking about selling when we were pregnant.

Well Charlie is not sleeping very well at the moment - I think it must be the whole chest infection thing and the antibiotics - he was up 6 times last night before midnight and then i lost count of the amount after midnight - so not like him normally - hopefully he will go back to sleeping we once he finishes his antibitotics

Hope all is good. I have Mothers group at my house this week - running around mad cleaning up...

abs Guest

Morning all - welcome back JMac, good to hear from you and that Holly is doing well

You poor girl Jac... yikes on Charlie's wakes. Hope that settles very soon

We're having some sleeping troubles too... hmm today it was 4.30 he was up - I've been awake since then - might have to have a nap after lunch

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast