Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

Hi everyone

I'll be in for SS again. Sounds like fun. I will email you lisa,thanks for organising it.

Nickers, last year in our belly buddies group we organised a SS (well it was a baby shower one but same type of thing). All the people that wanted to be in it sent there mailing address in and we randomly got one person each to buy a little present for. There was a limit on the money spent. It was good fun, especially getting the parcel. and good to hear you dog is doing better.

Theresa... OMG how scary. but so good to hear she is good now. And yay for emma feeling better and being happier, that must be a relief for you. and moving too, you poor thing, hopefully it makes things easier though.

Mitch.. good to hear from you and alexa. it's always the way if you get to used to their routine they change it lol. there are photo's on my website if you like any.

lisa.. good luck and have fun at the naming ceremony, can't wait to see the pics.

abs... sounds like you had better start jordy on a strict diet of formula and pureed food lol... start cutting back on all that maccas you must be giving him lol. what a stupid thing for someone to say, i think he is so cute!

solids..still haven't started, but i too have been told to give solids after bf (or ff) as that is still meant to be the main source of food and solids are more for ytop ups and getting them used to different tastes and textures and learning how to eat.

teeth...abbey has some bumps in her gums but none through yet. she is so much more dribbley and bites on everything that goes in her mouth.

TTC#2.. we will probably start around her 1st bday, i would like them close in age.

everyone else

Abs, Holly had lots of bumps on her gums b4 any teeth were starting to come thru & so did other bubs, as far as we knew, that was just bumpy gums, who knows, hehe.
    Yeah Holly was getting out of her wraps so she's always in her sleepin bag when put to bed.
    Oops, you're right, hehe, I turn 31 on 16th, DH turned 32 8days b4 Holly was born.
    Thats right, the whirlpool one & yes ur right, still have to find out fine print.
    Tell them to pull their head in on that comment & get their facts right, hehe.

Oooh chockies yum Lisa. Not long then. Hahaha, that'd look funny, a baby straight jacket.

Mitch, WTG lil Alexa, she's coming along nicely. Holly's pics are in www.

Amy, eye teeth, are they the sharp pointy ones? What a clever lil man.

OMG Theresa, u have just been through so much. Poor Georgie, hope she's feelin much better. Thats great bout Em.

CHC check today: 6mth 1wk: BW:6.31kg, L:64.5cm, HC:42cm.
    I was feeding Holly her farex then bottle (180ml) straight after, but nurse said I should be feeding bottle, then 30mins later farex, oops, so did that this arvy. Oh & also on Fri, Holly's finally figured out how to shake a rattle/toy (makes noise) hehe.

abs Guest

Thanks ladies

Jen took him to Paed about his coughing (has been doing it, now kinda just off and on, but was pretty consistent there a little while ago)... he ordered some xrays which came back clear. Nothing really to do - might just be a habit thing as it is different in sound

Paed even corrected some comments from the HCN from last week... apparently she was a little concerned about some creases?? behind Jordy's knees ???? Dr said he is a perfect example of everything being spot on (bar the cough). Smack bang on the middle of height and weight (okay weight was about 250gms over smack bang in the middle), but within the 50-75% range. God help anyone who says it whilst I'm around

So results: HC 45cm L 67cm W 8.24kg

Fantastic news on soo many fronts there Theresa, hope you get settled in nice and quick

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lisa,

I'm in for SS this year (was too shy to join in fully last year, but I'm over the bashfulness!)

Theresa, excellent news on G getting up on hands and knees! Sooo cute! OMG about the convulsions though. That would be frightening as all hell. Glad to hear she's better.

I get it all the time, that Charlie's big for his age. In fact he's a tiny bit under average, so actually he's just about right, thank you very much! I swear people say the oddest things!

Lisa - I'm definetly in for SS.

Big Babies!!! - I have a bay that is over 10Kil'os and belive me i am so sick of hearing about the fat comments!!! "gee he's in a good paddock" grrrr he eats bugger all he is just a big boy. He is long and big! so what really - he is healthy.

Nicers - what is a teething dummy and were do i get one?

Commando crawl - Charlie is doing like a commando thing his little legs go like mad and he is pulling himself along with his arms - mind you he doesn't get very far without getting tired! looks soo cute though.

Morning all soooooo TIRED Declan was up every 1 2/3 hours last night and feed for 30mins each time aaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jacci- i am actually not sure where to get the teething dummy cause i got it as a baby shower gift. it kind of looks like a mini mouth gaurd! so they can chomp down on it & the handle is also munchable! when i am finished feeding i'll go have a look & see what brand it is.
    speaking of teeth, Nixon just screamed thismorning (sure they must be hurting him) he was so angressive withi trying to eat my finger, drooling everywhere & just very upset & very red cheeks.
    becky- oh how exhausting....whats Declan doing to mummy

Tell me about it!

abs Guest

sorry to hear that Becky... though someone here has certainly been awake a fair chunk more overnight lately... maybe it's a phase (please let it pass asap)

Oh and we had the 6month needles this morning - he was sooooo good and stopped crying in under 2mins (he loves my cuddles) - I make the girls laugh each time, they say to put him on your lap (ie legs together) - sorry, like most guys, we can't do that. So had him sitting on one leg. And they all reckon he is such a spunk

abs Guest

Gotta share a really funny story from earlier - for those that use the Karicare formula will understand (dunno about other brands)

Jen was opening a new can earlier today and she called me over to check out some sort of "black stuff" inside the can. She'd put the lid back on and written on the can to indicate contanimated contents. She then showed me - wow, thats weird, so I grabbed another can to start looking for contact details for the manufacturer... Locate em, open the bad can again to take it with me to the phone when the contents moved a little, uncovering the spoon just a bit - and I started laughing

The Karicare spoons have like two little holes in the bottom of them to help the air escape as you scoop up the powder... all that was originally showing was those holes, as the spoon itself was covered in powder, so the hole looked black and kinda like a foreign object - was quite funny being a fly on the wall here at the time

Oh and Jordy has now learnt a new game... Jen sings the "This little piggy went to market" song to him... Just as she gets to the last finger he kinda hunches up and starts grinning knowing what is about to happen. Is sooooo cute

Abs, good news from paed. LOL at spoon.

Jacci, he just looks big (tall) to me. Mum's group was at our place today & one of the bubs is also very long & around 10kg, but doesnt look fat, just like a cute lil man.

Oh poor Nixon, lets hope the teeth come through real quick so he can enjoy himself more.

Oh dear Becky, u must be exhausted.

More lovely pics Sush, including urs.

Time for a new thread found HERE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678