Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006

well I have just had my first exploding nappy :shock:

I washed and dressed the boys after a feed and play. Then put them to bed. Not long later Hayden was crying so I thought I would bring him upstairs for a cuddle while was on the computer. He felt a little wet through his clothes and wrap - but when I checked ....wow... what a dirty nappy.

I guess this is just the beginning :shock:

abs Guest

hehe, I understand Kelly... had many 3 or 4 nappies used in the one change yet ??

LOL Kelly I hear you on the exploding Nappies!! Always seems to be just before we go out too!!! just as well i guess

Has anyone else got an enormous appetite??? I just cant seem to stop eating??? :eat: Even when i wake to feed Logan at night Im looking for something to nibble on??? might have to go buy some chewing gum just to keep my mouth busy??

better get some dinner organised before Logan wakes.
    Take Care
    p.s. Abs congrats on being able to work form home!! Bet Jen is just as excited

Hello everyone!

Just found this thread and thought I'd add and introduce myself and son to you all.

I had my first baby on 17.04.06 two weeks ago tomorrow.
    He was born @ 33.4 weeks and still in hospital.
    Nixon was 2296g & 48cm which is a great size due to his age.
    after a rough start he has come so far and now just a matter of learning to suck and fattening up! Im so anxious to have him home but may have another few weeks to wait.

I haven't experienced an exploding nappy as yet but did experience a projectile poo whilst changing him yesterday which squirted all over my hand!!

How is everyone else's bubs doing?

abs Guest

Welcome aboard nickers

Watch the wee too. I have had some wet hands and even changed his clothes twice during a nappy change, but can only laugh with Jen when telling her as he eventually gets to feed when finally clean and dry. She's been wee'd on far more effectively than I have

Hope you get to get your boy home as soon as you can. I honestly can understand the feelings you must be going through, as Jen has a spasming back that is giving her heaps of problems. Thank god my mum came up from Melbourne yesterday... she's helping me look after Jordan. Jen was quite emotional earlier, knowing that the pain she was getting feeding him was too much and so couldn't even hold him. We finally have her on some pain medication, but again means not being able to feed him

abs- thanks for the welcome, sorry to hear Jen is in pain and not having an easy time. Jordan is gorgeous just checked out his web page! You guys look so proud!
    hehe little boys like to wee when being changed don't they! when both of us have been their to change we have a team thing going, one changes and the other sheilds the area! He has already weed on his own face a few times! Funny thing was when he pooed on me i didnt even think it was yukky but funny! i suupose after a million more times i wont think its too funny will i!
    Ive been on an emotional rollercoaster for the last 2 weeks. How do you cope with it? I feel sorry fro my DH because he doesnt know wheteher im coming or going. On top of dealing with leaving my baby behind each day my dad is about to be operated on in 2hrs for prostate cancer. All my family are in Sydney which doesnt make things easier.
    Anyway life wasnt meant to be easy was it, these challenges just make us stronger, if i only i could realise this when i am actually crying about it.

AMH i have been hungry but more so thirsty all the time? I cannot get ver how dry my mouth gets is i havent had a drink it the past 10mins? I need water beside me all the time now! wondered if this has something to do with breast feeding and my body telling me i need to keep up water intake?

Forum Name: Lisa_75
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 9/4/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3500g, 53cm, 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Tyron
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Hi,

Thought I better move from the Bellybuddies to the babybuddies, hope you are all well, I am still struggling with my little man, hopefully it gets better soon. I can't believe April is over, it seems like yesterday that I was 6 weeks pregnant, now my little man is 3 weeks old, boy does time go quickly!!!

Hey Nickers, Welcome!!!- I really hope your little man comes home to you soon, must be an emotional rollercoaster for you.. Yes the whole thirst thing has alot to do with breastfeeding, especially when you have a let down. its not a bad thing though coming into winter we tend not to drink as much water so having a thirst for it is good. I try and keep a bottle of water near my chair for when i feed Logan, just gotta remember to fill it up before i start feeding Strange how we laugh and our bubs bodily functions yet if Jasper was to do it to me now I would probably think otherwise! :shock:

Lisa- Welcome!!! I hope to get to know you and Tyron better. Feel free to post any problems you may be having we might be able to offer some sort of help???

Abs- Bummer about Jens back, poor thing isnt having a very good time of late.. Thinkin of you Jen.

abs Guest

Wondering when you were gonna make an appearance Lisa

Well after yet another physio appt this morning (mum went with her - I'm officially back at work today - yay for being able to work from home), they finally referred her to a doctor

Not that did much, all she has now is more tablets to take, and come back next week if it isn't better

Though her Ob rang today to check on her. Mum spoke with her - she was checking to be certain it wasn't a blood clot or something (Jen's been wearing those lovely white anticlotting "stockings" - another 2 weeks to go).

Oh and she too has at least one water bottle sitting next to her - though due to the painkillers, she has to express and throw it away :fuming: :fuming: poor boy, he's almost spent more time on formula than on breast milk

Nickers, I hear ya on the distance thing. All my family is in Melbourne - reverse of you. I've been in Sydney since Jan '92. Mum's up here for a nursing conference later this week

hi i thought i had better introduce myself
    i'm Shazz and i had my beautiful baby boy Ryan 2weeks ago today we are still having some feeding issues but i think i'm starting to see the light at the end 8-[ well i hope so anyway

i was induced early with complications of GD and ICP and Ryan spent 48 hrs in theSCN as he just wouldn't suck at all and his BSL were dropping he was fed by a nasal tube while he was in there i look forward to getting to know you all a bit better

abs Guest

wish I could help on the Burping issue Theresa, but Jordy is burping pretty well

Funny story from this morning... Jen has to express and chuck the milk due to the painkillers. She used the battery operated pump we have and only got about 10 maybe 20 ml, then got up and had a shower

She said it was like 2 extra shower heads once the hot water was running over her chest !!

Theresa- suggestions on the burping issue? maybe lay Georgie across your arm or sit her upright and gently rub 'up' her burp. Sorry I cant help anymore..... P.S. museli bars are a great idea!!

LOL Abs at Jens extra shower heads!! I know excatly what thats like!

Hey everyone just thought I'd let you know Ive finally set up a website for Logan so feel free to take a look, dont forget to sign his guestbook

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/ljb/

Further to my post in April belly buds...

Abs, hope Jen's milk supply increases.

Lisa, glad u finally have some answers & are now able to rest, 20hrs, yikes.

KelliW, wow, no I hadn't heard that one, we r using J&J bath products too & Holly has dry skin on legs/face/arms, although putting a lil baby sorbelene on them seems to be helping. Hmm. Glad to hear ur copin well with the twinnies.
    KelliW & Theresa, sorry ur mum's r still a problem.

Jellie, yay on sleepin right thru. Hope ur physio can help u.

Nickers, welcome.

Shazz, welcome, funny all 4 of us ended up April buds huh, hehe.

I'm still hangin in there with BF, still sore & blisters but not bleeding/cracked now, still latching & biting issues, nipple shield might be there to stay me thinks.
    Holly's weight: birth=2945g, 3d=2704g, 1w2d=3010g, 2w4d=3260g, 3w3d=3610g, so very healthy weight gain.
    Holly had 2 u/sounds in hosp, both good (hips & sacral dimple). 3rd u/sound at 3wks for lump I found on her neck, luckily doesn't require surgery & shld disappear on it's own, fibromatosis coli or wry neck, benign tumour on muscle. 4th u/sound at 6wks to chk hips matured.
    She had her first BT yesterday @ 4wks old to chk for maternal hypothyroidism, poor lil thing, it took them 1.5hrs to get enough blood out, they couldn't find a vein, so had to do heal pr*cks, only just got enuf.
    Last 2 nights = 5-6hrly feeds (eg 8pm,2am,7am), yay. Wind drops (infants friend) & changin nappy between boobs to wake her (otherwise asleep after 1) is working.
    Oh & Fri night, MIL gave me PawPaw ointment for nipples as heals, so tried it Sat morn, gave me hives, didn't realise til fully broke out at Crusty Demons on Dirt show Sat night (awesome). Mostly stopped last night, had to formula feed 2 days whilst took antihistamines, just expressed to try to keep from drying up, thou supply seems to have reduced. Also, pelvis quite twisted for 2wks now, limpin around, so can't do the walking, so not a huge amount of weight loss happenin here, doh.
    So few hiccups but all is well.
    Oh & Holly grabbed our phone headset cable (black, 3mm) today, she focussed & grabbed it, yay, a milestone.

Sorry for the ramble.

Abs – No only used 2 nappies at a change so far. Mainly on Adam he loves to pee in the middle of changing him. Have had to change his clothes twice during the night as well. Not fun to do when you feel half asleep.

AMH = appetite – not at all. I know why they say you loose weight when you breastfeed. I don’t have time to eat. Though I do keep a water bottle in the nursery for when feeding.

Adam has heaps of wind too – seems worst at the first night feed and hard to settle. But then the rest of the feeds during the night he settles OK – don’t know why they are any different

Last Friday took the boys out to their first gig - Steve was recording a jazz singer at a local venue. Hayden slept through it and Adam was quite awake and quite happy though it all.

Monday night had our reunion at the hospital antenatal class. Our boys were the youngest there.

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I am officially qualified to join this group----- yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Caden was born Friday 28th April at 2:10pm. He was 8pd 5oz, 52cm long with a head full of black hair. We have just gotten home as we had to have an extended stay in hospital due to a very long labour and cesaerean. He is well and is almost back to his birth weight, though he has had a touch of jaundice but he is feeding well and I have too much milk!!!
    DH and I are completely besotted and can't wait to see him grow and develop as scary as this all is.
    hope to catch up properly soon just wanted to let you guys know our fantastic news.
    night all,
    Joy.

Joy- Congratulations on the birth of Caden (I love the name!)
    LOL i know what you mean about having too much milk!! my boy is still only on small amounts but i have so much to offer! Im quickly filling up my freezer with expressed milk!

Just wanna share my exciting news that Nixon had a cracker of a day.
    He BF 3 times (record!) 2 of the 3 feeds he did not need any topping up as he was very drunk from it. He also had a bottle over night for the frist time and nurses said he took it all without a problem.
    They removed his nasal tube tonight so for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks we get to see our boys face with NO tubes!
    At this rate i rekon he will be home very soon. (he would be 36w tomorrow)

Hope everyone is well

abs Guest

Welcome back Joy

I notice in the Birth Announcement thread you said John Michael Caden, so are you actually gonna call him Caden (I thought from that thread your surname might have been Caden ??)

Well done on your, well Nixon's achievements for today Nickers

Jen's back spasms seem to be easing - the Nurofen is certainly relaxing her somewhat, so not tensing up thus making the spasms worse. Hopefully she will be better very soon !

And Jordy is well and truly growing. He's nearly out of all his 0000 clothes - only a couple still fit. In a beaut little 2 piece top and pants (plus his singlet) today - soooo cute

Oh geez I think Amber is a buddah. She's almost grown out of some of her 000 (mainly length wise)

And I feel your pain re: running out of freezer space due to breast milk! Everytime Tim opens the freezer I hear cursing and swearing.

Nickers - that's such wonderful progress from your little man, you must be thrilled.

Joy - Congratulations on Caden's arrival. Hope all is going well for you now.

Glad to hear Jen's back spasm's are easing, Abs.

AMH - great site!

Shazz - Congrats on Ryan's arrival. Hope you're getting the feeding sorted.

Hope everyone is going well and bub's are giving you some sleep. Amber's generally pretty good at night, only wakes for a 1.15ish and 5am feeds so getting some decent rest in between which is good!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast