Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007

Hi!

Disgirl - So glad everythings going so well for you! That walk sounds great - I think I'll have to get out of the house today for a walk!
    I can totally relate to the hospital stay - I was exactly the same with my first. For some reason I didn't want to press that buzzer! For some reason I thought I should be able to do it all on my own and not need to. The second night I was so tired and upset though that I pressed and they offered to take him out for a few hours so I could get some sleep - of course this just made me feel miserable and like I was a "bad mum".
    That is terrible that they thought the room was empty though...! Just not good enough.
    I'm so glad you're all settled in at home though!

Hi!

Caro - So glad that everythings ok with Michael - wow on that weight gain - thats fantastic! I can understand you were worried after he was losing some...
    You poor thing dropping your ebm...I would have been upset as well!

We had a great night last night - he woke twice for a feed and then dh let me have a lie in this morning so I got my 8 hours! He's quite unsettled today with his tummy - but I assume it's almost the same situation as Caro's little Michael - he's having soo much milk it just takes a while for it to all settle down. He's finally down for a sleep so hopefully he has a good one now...

Hope you're all going well with your little bubbas! I can't believe Dylans 1 week already! The time goes sooo fast - enjoy your little bubbas because trust me, before you know they will be running around!

hey guys, we have had 2 great nights in a row. I let Dh sleep in til 12:30 today and I actually enjoyed doing the dishes, the washing, the bottles etc.

My milk seems to be fine, and I am taking fenugreek and aktavite just in case. I try to express each time he has a feed and get about 100ml each time.

We see the MCHN on Tuesday so hope he has continued to put on weight. Mason also lost more than 10% of his birth weight in the first couple of days too.

Hi!

Yeah Danni - Glad you're having a great time of it all!

We had the mchn come out today and Dylans put on 220g in 3 days!!! So he's now 3.48 kg!! At least I know I've got heaps of milk - lol!

thats great kris!! Must catch up soon

Hi girls,

Mati is doing well. MCHN visited yesterday and he is 4.7kgs now, meaning he has gained a kilo since birth 3.5 weeks ago. He is a strong little fellow and even smiled for her! But he is very spotty, he has bout of baby acne caused by my hormones in the breastmilk.

I have been demand feeding. I took some notes today and could see there is a pattern. He feeds for 5minutes then wants a burp. Does another 5 minutes and wants a burp. Then feeds for about 20 minutes until he is nearly asleep. Then I burp him, change his nappy and offer the other side. He does the same again. So the whole feeding process takes at least an hour. Then he has a little time awake on the mat or in the pram or wherever I am. Has a sleep, Then he's up again usually within 3 hours from the start of the last feed to do it over again.
    He sleeps from about 7pm - 12am. The is awake on and off most of the morning until 4am when he finally feels like sleeping again. My other son wakes at 5am. So I am absolutely knackered here. Its a pretty demanding schedule but its all worth it for a happy healthy baby! Now wheres my pillow

Hi!

Wow Deb - what a routine!! We don't have anything at the moment of course...although he's a greedy little guts and feeding quite quickly - through the night if he settles ok I can have him fed and back into bed in about 1/2 hour - but mostly it's taking up to an hour also.

I gave him a big feed this morning and he proceeded to do 2 projectile vomits all over me. Of course 5min later he was looking for more - Lucky I've got heaps of milk at the moment! lol. Finally he's gone back to sleep. I also seem to get him back to sleep for him to do poos and then I have to resettle him all over again. The joys hey? hehe.
    Omg at Alex being up at 5am - that would kill me! Louis is up at 7am and thats early enough - I've been making dh get up to him though if I'm in the middle of Dylans sleep which has been helpful but will only last another week until dh goes back to work unfortunatley...

K,better run!

awful night last night Mason barely slept a wink and he is still awake. I dont know how to settle him for longer than 5 minutes. I am exhausted, have a huge migraine and visitors are about to arrive

arghhhhhh

Awww Danni - big hugs! It can be soooo hard! Dylan was like that last night but luckily he fell asleep with me on the couch for a while...
    I think they end up so overtired that they end up fighting the sleep...
    Hope you get him settled soon...and hope your visitors don't stay too long! lol!

Hi girls,
    Hope you don't mind if I join you all. This is the first chance I've had to check out this thread and it sounds like I'm on track with Lily! We've had a few sleepless nights, though I really can't complain from reading some of your posts. She usually sleeps for at least three hours at a time, though usually four.
    My main problem at the moment is Breast feeding. I had issues with my birth which also caused issues with my b/f and I am lagging a little behind in that area. I am on medication to stimulate milk, but I think it is working too well and my boobs are engorged. Lily can't latch on properly because they're so hard, but when I express I can only get about 40ml from each side. I am also using breast shields as I can't get her to latch on properly and she's created big sores on my nipples, which in turn is causing blocked ducts. So now I'm worried about mastitis....oh the joys!
    Anyway must go my princess is waking up for a feed Lets see how we go this time....

Kellie.

Hi!

Kel - good to see you hear...sorry to hea ryour having dramas with bf...sorry I don't have any advice...hope you can sort it all out soon - do you have to keep taking the meds?

Dylans been a good boy today settling and sleeping well and now we're out for dinner so I'm expecting to have a rough night after he gets passed around to everyone. So won't be a late one as I'm soooo tired!

Chat later...

Hey kellie-- I started taking Fenugreek and Aktavite and my milk is great...but no engorgement. Maybe you can try them rather than the meds??

My nipples had a lot of swelling behind them and Mason couldn't latch on properly either, so I feel your pain. And the nipple shields are a real pain!

Thanks Caro, I have seen a LC and she is coming back tomorrow to see us. I have been told about Karitane day stays and they are just around the corner from me, so I will see how we go for today. The LC said she's a bit lazy and has a bad sucking action, though I think she's getting it slowly. Sometimes I think it is because Lily gets so agitated and seems so hungry she just gets cranky and can't latch on well- she scratches me and waves her arms about and arches her back. Once she's had half a feed and I change her nappy I can usually get her on ok and during this part I don't use the shields to try to toughen up my nipples. My boobs are less full today thankfully so she has been able to get on better and we had a whole feed without shields- wooohooo! I do have to take the meds until finished and come off slowly, or so the dr says, I have a few more days on them then I'm on my own. Luckily for me though she sleeps really well (knock on wood!) at night- for about 3 1/2hrs at a time so feeding isn't getting to me too much- I haven't cried over it for a few days now, LOL. I think I have some blocked ducts, does anyone know how to unblock them? (TMI warning!) Since I have kind of scabs on them, I think when they are healing they are getting blocked, I don't want to get mastitis after what I've been through with bf!
    I can't believe that some of you are going out! I can't do much else other than feed, change, settle, and tidy up! THe other day I even forgot to have a shower for myself until my DH asked if I'd had one, hehehe! I don't think I could co ordinate an outing just yet!

Anyway ladies must go hang out some washing...happy Sunday! (It is Sunday today isn't it????....LOL)

Kel.

Hi!

Kel - Sounds like things are on the improve for you - hopefully over the next week or two it will get even better!

On the topic of going out - I don't recommend it!
    We had a terrible night last night going to dinner. Dylan was an angel and slept for ages but Louis was a terror running around and was so tired and cranky. Then dinner took over 2 hours + to come out (it was a banquet) so we ended up leaving without even getting all our dinner. I fed dylan in the car and then ran into say goodbye and in that time he projectile vomited all over dh. Like - all down his shirt and soaked his jeans...

Anyway,we got home and luckily he slept well all night - went about 3-4 hourly anyway...I'm so tired from being out though - It's my b'day in a few weeks so I've decided everyone can come around and I'll order pizzas - lol!!! No going out and no real tidying up!!

Hope your enjoying your sundays - I haven't been able to settle Dylan since this morning so hopefully he'll sleep better this afternoon...

oh wow-- we are all opposites! Mason slept beautifully last night but we did all go to bed at 8:30! Yes 8:30!

kellie: the day stay is great! I did that on the day I was discharged from hospital and I learnt a lot. Hopefully they can help you. But I certainly can sympathise with the waving of the arms, and the arched head! Mason gets too cranky when he is hungry too

Hi all
    sorry i have been mia, but was recovering from mastitis. today is my last day on antibiotics, but I am affraid to say that while my right side has come good, the left is now all lumpy and sore and I feel fluy so if i still feel like this tomorrow, its off to the docs AGAIN!!
    Olivia is 4 weeks old today, shes much more alert and is staying awake more during the day... I cant settle her at the minute, so sorry to cut this short. Take care
    Love Melissa

Hi!

Danni - Glad you got a good nights sleep! I just got about 1 1/2 hour nap on the couch while the kids were both asleep - bliss! I feel so much better now!

Melissa - So sorry to hear about the mastitis - I so hope you don't get it again! Wow at Olivia being 4 weeks already!! It's amazing how quickly they change and grow!

Well, Dylans back asleep! we've been so lucky that most of his unsettled times are during the day!
    K - Off to start preparing dinner while he's asleep! Hope your all well!

glad you managed a nap Kris!

We are off to bed now!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast