Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #12

Morning all!

Fletch and Brooke - I can't believe you went to the sales at midnight either. Madness I tell ya!

Fletch - You could try making some little meat balls. I used lamb mince and chicken mince and mashed veg (pumpkin, carrot and potato) and threw in an egg, masshed it all together and cooked them in hot oil (so they don't absorb too much) and then finished them off in the oven for a while. Yummy for mums too!

Cass - Sounds like Kaitlyn is getting there at child care - that's fantastic! Lucie eats strawberries - she doesn't like a lot of fruit so when I find something she eats there is no turning back! As long as she doesn't have any sort of reaction I reckon she should be right. And she now sleeps cuddling Cindy the lamb too. Tresillian said 12 months for sleeping with a soft toy to me the other day if that helps. I figure she loves Cindy so got to give her some nice things in her cot!

Rae - Whooohoooo sexy mamma I say!

Tracey - Maybe you could get them something like tickets to the local Zoo or something like that for a special treat?

Jo - How were all the appts yesterday?

Storm - Missing you matey!

Alex - How is the beautiful Jack?

Well I think we can say we have had some success on the contolled crying front (touch wood) Lucie was asleep at 7pm last night after only 10 or so mins of crying, woke briefly at 8, 10 and 4 but put herself back to sleep pretty quickly and woke at 6.15am and she was just sitting quietly in her cot. That is sooooo late for her! I had to go in and check on her 'cos I thought something may have happened.

Still not to much success on the daytime sleep front, we'll perservere on that one for a few more days, but I have read that some babies just won't do it no matter how long you try for. And I guess the night-time sleep is the most important one for us anyway.

So now I have to rethink how I do her feeds, I still gave her a bottle when she woke, but maybe now I wait a bit longer to give her breakie? Will see what happens. Oh and she hasn't been fussing or crying on that morning bottle, how bizarro! In fact she is getting inpatient when I am making it up!!!!!! What the ****???? And oh so much happier mummy and baby this morning. I hope this continues!!!!!!!!!!

Soph glad you got a bit of a better night last night. When I wanted Kaitlyn to drop that feed ( because it was moving slowly towards 2am) it took me one night I think and I just refused her and resettled her . Now she gets up at 6am ( most mornings) and has her full bottle then. So if you think Lucie will still have her bottle and brekkie as I know you want her to have as much as possible then I would try and stretch her.

opps better run ...DH is home this mornng for some quality time!

Cass I too give Indah strawberries (but I have also caught her eating peabut shells!) so dont follow what i say!!! hee hee But in the Coles mag a few months back it said no reason to keep strawberries away!???
    Also indah has a soft, floppy dog that she sleeps with in her cot, I think once they are old enough to move they can get themselves out of hairy situations in their cot, Indah really makes a mess of her blanket so I know a stuffed toy wont worry her! But if you will feel better, ask they do it your way!? But so glad she obviously enjoyed it more! Woo hoo on only being away 2 days! I WISH!!!!

Well Done Soph, sounds like Lucie is starting to sleep better & that's a big thumbs up... I have started waking Indah at 7:30am sop I can empty both breasts & head off to work, but she goes back to bed til 9ish!... Icant wait to spend a full 8 days & nights with my family in Qld on holidays so I can just be there for them.... I hate having to work it's starting to get to me!!!! But I have little choice!

I think I am going to get them passes to various things we have mentioned we should go to.... Like the fairy park & mazes & stuff like that... Picnic's & BBQ's I think thats' what we will give them for Christmas...
    I might actually print stuff off the internet & make vouchers so Maddy can say let's use this one this weekend or something!!! Good Idea Soph!
    I did whip across to Target last night & grabbed Indah ther Piggy bank toy it was too cute!

Rae you are a hottie!!! How's Ella?

Fletch, QV oil is great as is plain old Bicarb that's what both my girls bathe in! Hope Zane's feeling better soon!

Brooke, you sound like me shopping!
    Infact at Target there was this boy about 3 saying "Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum" over & over & his Mum just ignored him & kept walking, so I said "For God's sake why would you have kids if you block them out & ignore them, I bet you'd not do it to an adult!"
    Another lady in the next aisle said "I agree!" We never even saw each other but why oh why did this poor kid have to be made to feel invisible!???

Ok I forgot my train of thought now!

OOOh, DH has oraghinsed for PIL to come over for 2 wks in October... AAARRRGGGHHHH Looks like we had better start saving again after QLD, coz all costs will be ours & I bet they'll want to have a look at Melb etc... It's very exciting I love mu IL's!!!! What an awesome experience we can give them too hey, they have never ever been out of Bali!

Wow Tracey you IL's will certainly get a bit of a culture shock! How exciting for everyone. Glad you like the voucher idea - it's probably what we will end up doing when the kids are a bit older, DH loves getting out and about and reckons we have too many toys as it is - and we hardly have any!

Cass - I was just concerned that she would be full from the milk to have breakie but she ended up eating about 3/4 of a piece of toast (usual is about half) and 2 eggs (whites only, she won't go for the yolk but loves the white!) so I needn't have been too concerned. And that was at 7.30. Then at 9ish I showed her the bottle again and she was keen so I gave her about 100ml. I'm FINALLY starting to destress about the milk and wouldn't you know it, I think she is too. She has about 150ml when she wakes so not too bad, and they are all awake feeds now without pressure and screams. I feel like all this time I have been such a terrible mummy! But maybe it's just now she is a bit older to understand and show keeness too, we are both finally starting to get things together. Phew sorry about the rant!

And this mornings nap....after 10 mins crying this she went to sleep for 40 mins - she woke briefly after 5 but then slept through the cardboard falling off the windows with incredible noise (her room is mega light so I blacked it our with black cardboard to encourage some sleep)! A book I have says even though it's not a long sleep, to then get them up and praise them, go for a walk to see if they will sleep longer. We went for a walk but she didn't, but I say 40 mins is pretty awesome!

Went and got a pile of DVDs - we have 2 more 1st birthdays coming up so some will be pressies and some pressies for Lucie. I don't really like to encourage too much TV, but I will need a few distraction tools when #2 arrives and I need to feed them and keep Lucie happy at the same time. Got the Womens Weekly kids birthday cake cookbook. I think it has most of the cakes as the one my gran used for us, but not all of them, so I will have to snaffle that old copy too!

Hi Girls,
    Thanks for the compliments on my av - although Fletch deverves all the credit!!!!!

I'm excited cause DH comes home tonight after being away all week! Missed him soooo much - and so did ella (hasn't stopped saying dadadadadadad). Unfortunately he has to go away again next week for 2-3 nights but at least we have the weekend. i hate having him away - but i have to remember that he has to put in those long hrs at times in order to make it possible for me to stay at home with Ella. He's a good man - just love him sooooooo much right now

Soph - i'm making that Burmese Chicken s/c recipe tonight - i noticed u posted it! i prepared it this morn....smells delicious!!!!!!! Glad to hear that Lucie is beginning to sleep better.

Fletch and Brooke - i can't believe u gals went to that midnight sale!!!!!!!! Good for u - hope u got some great bargains Brooke - PMSL at the arguement with the woman...u go girl! And Rona - hope Zaney's skin clears up soon - Ella sends big kisses his way!!!!!!!

Cass - so glad to hear that kaitlyn is doing better at daycare...before u know it she'll be begging to stay there with her little friends! Also Ella has a teddy in her cot - it's been there since she was able to move around. She's fine with it there and will even spend ages playing with it in her cot after she wakes up sometimes.

Trace - is DH's ear all better now? Sooooo jealous about ur family holiday - it sounds like it'll be great! I'd absolutely love to get away right now with my fam - but u definately deserve it more - u hard worker u. Hope u have a fab time!!!!!!!

A big hello to Jo, Storm, Alex and Kel, hope that u and ur little treasures are all doing well!!!!!

Well i've started charting again for the last couple of months as my cycle is all over the place since AF has returned. As we hope to TTC again soon i thought i'd better get an idea of things. Looks like things are beginning to settle down as my o is becoming more predictable. i've calculated that i'm due to o in a couple of days (i'm on CD 17 and my cycle length is about 34 days) and it looks like it might happen cause i got ferning on my maybebaby today and CM is changing too!!! So i'm excited - maybe i can convince DH to get his act together early and do some this weekend - slim chance of that happening....but u never know!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Soph Im glad you got some more sleep..thats great for you. How many more weeks now til your little un arrives?

Trace thats so great with your inlaws..thats such a lovely thing to do. What a fantastic time they will have. Ir is so hard deciding what to get for Christmas isnt it....they just end up with so much. We did layby the dirt bike from target last night..looks like fun!

Cass hope you are having fun today with DH. Sammy has a teddy in his bed with him now too. He hasnt tried strawberries yet though Im sure he will love them. Providing she hasnt had any sort of reaction i think she should be fine.

Fletchie after breaky Sammy will normally have a mandarin with a couple of crackers and cheese and sultanas. He eats apples with a whole in the middle. He loves rockmelon and sucks on carrots and celery sticks. He loves eating pasta alfredo, spaghetti in a tin, vegie nuggets, mashed potato, two minute noodles..he goes crazy for those!!! avacado is another fav too. Goodluck with eliminating the cause of his excema.

Brooke I so hope little Charli is on the mend now..poor little darling.

Rae yay for your DH coming home..think its a great night to get some action lol. I so know what you mean with your Dh working so much too...dont we have the most wonderful guys??

Well we have a houseful today. We had a fun sleepover last night...so have 4 extra kiddies today. They are keen to go horse riding so I best get a move on. Sammy didnt sleep at all well last night..not sure what was up with him...though we had a big day out yesterday so maybe he was just overtired?? So I am a ZOMBIE today!!!

Have a lovely day ladies

Jo

I was thinking about the dirt bike, Maddy has asked for one & my sisters house is opposite some empty land, so the kids could ride it there... Hmmm, will see, Maybe my sis will get it for her kids & we can use it there! Ha Ha Ha!!!! I just dont know, they really donr need anything at all... maddy has 3 bikes in the garage all hand me downs but they still all do the same thing so silly to buy a brand new one hey!
    I think a few vouchers to various places will be good & clothes... I might get her something small for her b'day & pop some cash in a card! Then try to convince her to go shopping at the SALES after Christmas???? she can then spend it & get more!???

Rae - The chicken is yum, I should actually cook it again myself. Hope you like it.

Jo - Ahhhhhh asking how many weeks to go means it really is soon! Ummm I guess 7.5 to my due date, hoping to go 2 weeks over though so there is 13 months between them and it will fit in better with school hols and DH's 2 weeks paternity leave! Then again that means my mum will be looking after Lucie and not my MIL, not sure who I would prefer.....

Tracey - Dirt bike would be so much fun! I'm jealous!

Oh Fletch - what did the doc say? Try maybe diluting juice 1 part to 3 parts water in a bottle too if you want to keep his energy levels up, or buy the baby juice. Great that he is eating fruit too. Maybe try something really bland too like rice cereal mixed with water which shouldn't upset his tum too much. Hope he gets better soon, as long as he is drinking fluids he will be fine.

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh little Zaney - what's going on matey??? Poor little cherub - how's he feeling now? Did the dr say what is wrong? How u holding up too Rones - ur not used to seeing ur little man sick
    Hope he's feeling more like himself really soon - big kisses and hugs from me and el sent ur way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Fletch keep an eye on that temp, and if you get really worried don't feel like an idiot to head in to A&E for reassurance, I went about 6 times before Lucie was 2 months old!!!! Hoping for a very speedy recovery, you poor thing and poor Zane.

Rae - How was dinner?

Well Lucie slept for 30 mins this arvo - not a fantastically long sleep but she got there nevertheless. And tonight, DH wasn't even at the bottom of the stairs and she had had a tiny cry, lay down and gone to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! I:eek: :eek: :eek: I am in shock! And I feel like I am getting my life back (for a few weeks at least!). Still a way to go but I can see results and feel like something at least is being achieved. Thanks all for your support over this horrible last week - I know some of you don't totally agree with the whole thing but it means a heap that you guys have still been there, so thanks again!

Dinner was fabulous Soph - DH absolutely loved it....and the s/c!!!!!!!!!! I served it with pappadums too -which went great. I'll definately make that one again

Hope Zaney's feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i'm off to hopefully do some - well maybe just practice - have a good night girls!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Thought I'd poke my head in here................

Soph-Just wanted to say a huge WOOHOO for Lucie sleeping through!! It gives me heaps of hope for Gemma!!LOL!!Keep up the good work, your an awesome Mummy!!

Awww poor little Zaney Fletch. I so hope hes feeling better today

Soph wow its flying along. I can understand you wanting to go over then..makes sense. Must be feeling pretty exciting for you now.

Trace the dirt bike looks great. I know my girls will love it..and its sooo cheap! I am hoping to cut back though this year..last year was a little bit over the top:eek:

Rae hope you had a lovely time with DH last night. Must be nice to have him home again.

Has anyone else's bubba become super clingy again?? Sammy yesterday was really hard work..he would get so upset if he wasnt with me the whole time. I kept him in the sling for ages as he was just soo soooky. MMMM

Jo

Congratulations Soph!! You must feel wonderful now, knowing all the terrible times you've had in the past week have paid off, WOO HOO, you're awesome!!Well done!! I'm not a fan of CC, but I have done it & it worked, so it cant be that bad.Sometimes you just have to put your foot down & say enough!!

Sorry I'm not being around much still, it's a bit chaotic here, DH takes great offence if I turn the computer on I have 5 mins whilst he is in the shower, geezz men are so pathetic when they are sick.

Fletch, hope Zane gets better real quick for you babe.

Hi to everybody hoping to be back soon, I miss you all terribly!!!!!

Awww Storm..arent they sookies. LOL Hope hes better soon!

Jo

Hi everyone
    Fletch - how's Ella's boyfriend going today? Hope he's doing better - the poor little gem - we're thinking of u all!!!
    Soph -CONGRATS on the sleeping - well done! u must be so thrilled.
    Storm - hope DH gets better soon (they certainly do get extra sooky when they're sick!)

Been having a great time with DH - soooo nice to have him home. And ella is thrilled to bits too! Have a good weekend girls

Fletchie, hope Zane is on the mend soon . Poor little vegemite... And I know what u mean about the sleep!!! I can function on alot less than Nick and Jack need!!!hehehe Boys!!!

Soph, Well done on the sleeping with Lucie. You should be proud of yourself luv, cause we all are!! U are a supamum!!!

Storm, I get told off too for spending too much time on the puter, but luckily he goes to bed early so I get my fix then!! And hope your DH gets better really soon for u.. And we miss u 2!!

Rae, so glad your DH is home and you girls get to spend some quality dadda time together!!Mmmmmm that chicken recipe sounds delicious... Reckon u can do it without using a SC???

Jo, yeah Jack has been a bit clingy lately during the day too. And doesn't want me out of his sight at all. He comes and finds me quicksmart!! I might have to give the HAB a workout!!hehehehe.Sounds like Sammy loves his sling..

Trace, thats fab news about the IL's coming over to visit. How exciting for them, first trip out of Bali!! Must be nice for your DH too, to spend some time with his family... And they can meet Indah!!!

A huge hello and lots of hugs to anyone and everyone I have missed, and have a lovely Sunday... It's my mum's 50th birthday 2moro, so we are going to the Hilton for lunch...Yummy...
    I'd better get to bed.. Goodnite all... xoxoxoxoxoxo

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast