Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #13

I asked at the clinic about it Soph & they just said it was a marketing thing & go staight on to cow"s milk?? I haven't gone back to cow's yet, we still have a days worth left in the tin.But tomorrow......... gulp.
    Maybe you should speak to Dr about it, especially if Lucie is unsettled. They told me though, that formula is made from cow's milk anyway & if Zac handles other dairy fine then there is no reason to be concerned about the change over. I know that there is something you can add to the milk ( in powder form) to thicken it up some, my g/f was using it, I'll try to find out if you like.
    Aww Jo Zaccie has curls too! They are so beautiful!!

Hpe the girls went to sleep for ya Trace. GO Maddy!! Hope she had a good game!
    Footy was cancelled for us today, & next week is our last game, they got knocked out.Last year we made the grandfinal, but got beat 28 - 26. So close!!

Hi to everyone!
    Have a great weekend!!

Wink

Whoooo on the last game next week Storm...hope its a good one. We still have hockey for another 6 weeks yet and Jess should have netball for 4 more weeks but she cant play!

Trace hope you got there in time with your litte chatterboxes!!! Arent sleepovers fantastic lol. Wow at Indah's hair being down her back!! Has she had a haircut yet? Glad your boobies didnt burst too:eek:

Soph glad to hear Lucie's nose is drying up! Hope you find a solution with the milk. I am lactose intolerant so cant drink any real amounts of cows milk without feeling sick so can sympathesise with her.

Darren and Emmy made it through the year 5 sleepover at the school and have lots of funny stories to tell...namely Darren's snoring lol. We are off to funarama today after hockey a playhouse thingie with balls and slides and stuff in celebration of our little mans birthday...should be lots of fun.

Hope its a lovely restful weekend for all you mummies and bubbies

Jo

Hey Fletchie, the lady told me just to switch straight to full strength when the can runs out?? Mmmmm Not so sure now, it runs out tomorrow.

Soph, the stuff she used was either karicare or S26 food thickener, she said to get it from the chemist.

Hope you all had a lovely day out JO!!

Thanks Storm - yeap I've seen the stuff you mean. She seems ok on the Toddler one so might just leave it at that at the moment. Don't want to start changing things too much given that any time really I could pop! She's drinking it as good as/better than (touch wood) the thickened one atm anyway. You will have heaps more time with footie season over I guess, or does something else start up?

Fletch - Poor Zaney, sure he is ok though. Lucie sliced her tongue somehow the other day too - remember mouth cuts heal v. quickly though. Hope the man starts sleeping during the day for you. They get so tired and grumpy when they don't I think.

Jo - The play place sounds like heaps of fun. I bet Sammy had an awesome time.

Miss Muffet is still on solids strike. Driving me nuts! Does anyone know if these other teeth (#9 etc, the ones a bit back from the front four) cause them extra grief at all? She's sleeping well still (touch wood again!) so not sure that that would be the cause anyway.

I am at home today with both girls... Maddy has a Curriculum day & Indah has a throat & ear infection (helped along with new teeth over the weekend!) Also my sis whom has Indah today has gastro, so I guess it was meant to be!

Indah is not taking anything but water in her cup anymore, so she is pretty much back on boob & bottles.. I think she wont give them up for quite somtime, yesterday I think she had 5 decent feeds from me & then woke at 5am whinging & wouldnt settle so I fed her again! Oh well I guess she isnt 100% at the moment & I love feeding it's the expressing that was killing me so she has 2 formula feeds whilst I am at work & she guzzles both & they are 2--ml each, plus then 3-4 booby feeds so thta's heaps of milk, but she isnt a lover of solids anymore! I guess they are all different... Maddy was on cows milk from a cup & heaps of solids at this age, but Indah is a milk girl...

Organising my invites from Fletchie & I am so excited... Cant wait!!!

Ok gonna go grab some brekky & have a shower, otherwise I'll be in my PJ's all day!

Oh poor Indah Tracey, hope she is better soon. And I really hope the gastro bug misses your house too, yucko.

Brooke - Charli sounds like she certainly does like her thick milk! Lucie has been doing ok on the toddler one, so think I'll keep going with that if all is good. Certainly a fair bit cheaper than the AR. Good work with phasing out the bottles. Lucie spits out milk from sippy cups so I just keep them for juice and water ATM. Charli will be walking in no time, just when you have a nice bump and it makes life interesting running around after her!

Lucie is being really clingy atm, wants to be held all the time. Really hard with my bulging stomach. Another baby dream for me last night. I've dreamt twice I have a boy, and once a girl. 5 weeks and 1 day until D day! My sister is now coming up for the first weekend in Sept. Will be lovely to see her and hopefully I don't pop then. So now we should only be 1 day without someone here, whats a bet that's when bub decides to enter the world!

I only have 2 days to go
    We went shopping yesterday & I cried at the thought. Was dissapointed in my shopping trip too, we went to toys r us & I swear they had nothing!!Going off shopping at Kmart today.

Hey Brookie, I tried to take Zac off the bottle too, he did really well all day but in the morning he cracked the biggest tanty!! I guess the bottle must be quicker!! So now we only have a bottle in the mornings. Go Charli on the walking!!!!

Oh Trace, I hope the gastro avoids your house!!

Wow Soph 5 weeks & 1 day to go goodness me.What are you hoping for? I reckon you'll have a boy!!

Hi to everybody

I brought a box of huggies yesterday & I opened it in the lounge room to change Zac, then I went off & did dinner, well he decided to pull all the nappies out of the open lot & throw them from 1 end of the house to the other! Cheeky boy, but he did it all walking!! Such a clever boy, he is walking more than crawling now. Oh I don't want wednesday to come.

Have a great day !!

17 weeks !!

Hi ladies..im so sick today darn it..i was supposed to babysit my neice today but too sick so am feeling very sorry for myself.

Storm..cant believe you are 17 weeks! I hope you have better luck shopping at kmart today . Are you having a party for Zaccie?

Wow Soph...its all getting so close!

'Trace hope Indah feels better soon

Ouch Fletchie..hope Zane is ok! That would freak me out.

Hope its a nice day ladies..

Jo

Oh Jo get better soon matey. Is it a cold or something even nastier?

Wow Storm on 17 weeks, time is flying? Did you get a new doc by the way? I remember that one was saying he was pretty sure bub was eptopic yeah? What an idiot!

Lucie keeps climbing up on this wooden chest. I keep saying 'No - down' and taking her down and then she just does it again and looks at me. Do you think she just thinks it's a game? Oh how do you discipline!

He He Soph, just keep doing what you're doing she'll soon learn!! Isn't it fun ?
    Yeah I have a new doctor!! That guy was a idiot alright!!

Oh Poor Jo, hope you feel better soon! Didn't you say you had a visit from AF a while back? Could it be . . . . . . .? ? ? *running to hide now*

Hi girls!
    Sorry i've been out of touch a bit - had another busy weekend...it was good!

Jo - hope u begin to feel better soon - u poor thing.
    Storm - 2 more days - wow. Hope u have better luck with Kmart.
    Brooke - Charli's such s clever little thing trying to step on her own...not long now!
    Trace - hope little Indah gets well soon too :hugs:
    Soph - i remember having so many baby dreams too....how exciting - can't believe it's creeping up so quickly. Maybe Lucie's just getting in extra mummy time knowing that she'll be sharing u soon. How nice that she'll have a little sibling next month
    Fletch - how cute were our little munchkins the other night...they crack me up!

Big hi to Cass, Alex and Bec too
    Well got AF today on CD 33 - which is great cause it means i'm pretty regular. Fingers crossed that we might get in some successful this month!!!!
    Have a great day everyone!

Ahhhh Rae you just scared the c**p out of me saying Lucie will have a sibling next month - I mean I know that but it still seems a bit surreal IYKWIM. Yay for AF, now we don't want to see her again for at least 9 months thank you!

Storm - Glad you got another doc. Did you buy anything at K-Mart? Are you having a party?

Munchkin is in bed. I ended up ignoring her after a while with the box thing, and she obviously got bored not getting the attention and just got down herself. Cheeky rat! She has been delightful all afternoon though running around and laughing. Hope she's the same when she wakes up! She scoffed a whole strawberry today in about 1 min, yay the child has had some fruit today!!!!!

Lol - sorry for the scare Soph...u'll be fine! Look at the fab job u've done with Lucie!!!

BTW - forgot to mention that my sister and i patched things up as she came round on wkend to apologise. I also braved up and told her that i needed to drop down to only having Liela 1-2 days..pref 1 as we're going to TTC #2 and she was cool with it. She's going to drop down to wk 3 days a week and put Lei in preschool for 2 days (which Leila will LOVE). So it's all good...i feel heaps happier now

Glad to hear you patched things up with your sis Rae! Yay for AF too! (as weird as that is)Let the TTC begin!!

I didn't end up going anywhere today, Zac was in such a playful mood, we played all morning!!Plus the weather was crappy this morning. Dh doesn't want to share his boy's special day with anybody from his family (cept his dad, they all are mmmmm best not say)so only having a special dinner with FIL, even though some others will turn up Un invited & we wont even get a phone call to be asked........trying to avoid this, so might go out for dinner instead, so not sure what's happening, only that it is happening all too soon

Wow Soph next month???? OMG that makes it sound so so close hey? You'll be right mate!!

Just locking this thread now.

The new thread can be found HERE.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567