Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #4

Default Babies Born August 2005 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Melody
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4.13k / 9lb 1oz
    Baby Name(s): Hunter Karl
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/melodyandrew/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:Vaginal Birth

Forum Name: Yvette
    State: Vic
    Babies' DOB: 24th August 2005
    Babies' Stats: Weight – Asha 3075g/6lb 12, Lauren 2670g/5lb 14 Length – Asha 48cm, Lauren 47cm
    Head Circ -Asha 35cm, Lauren 33.5cm
    Gender of Babies: Identical twin girls
    Baby Name(s): Asha Frances & Lauren Rose
    Babies' Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twingirlslb/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced by arm at 38 weeks 2 days, normal vaginal birth

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Thanks Soph

Jo

GeorgieK Guest

Gosh, Im glad it was a "slow" weekend on this thread or I would never have caught up. I have to take notes as it is!

Yee-Hah on all the teeth appearing like mushrooms in the last few days. KWYM about the biting thing Tracey, James's are so sharp (he has the bottom two, cant remember if Ive said that). I just know he's going to get me one day when Im chilled out and not paying attention. Read somewhere that breast refusal can come from bubs getting a fright when mum yells at being bitten, so every feed I brace myself....

Cass, Im amazed a flat head warrants neurosurgeons and helmets!! Wow! I had no idea it did, Ive seen so many babies with really flat heads at the back and thought it was just something they grew out of. So glad that Kaitlyn doesnt need the helmet etc, that must be a relief.

Go Zane and Indah on tummy time, wish they would have a word to James. He rolled over about 4 times, then went "done that now, think I'll sit up and no more of this horizontal business". Hates it. Im worried it will slow down his starting to crawl.

Soph, we have a jolly jumper too. My mum gave it to us, and I thought yeah, whatever, how 70s !! but James loves it (trying that bath idea next hot day, what a ripper Jo!). Its a sanity saver when I need 10 mins with both hands free but he wont be put down.

Ive been thinking how amazing it is that all the babies develop at such different rates. I have a girlfriend whose daughter is 6 months older and every time I tell her James has done something, she tells me that Madeleine did it earlier of course, even things I think not every baby would do (Im desparately hoping James crawls before 11 months so I can have a secret "nah-nah" moment! Im so awful! :evillaugh: ). We can drive ourselves crazy with all the comparisons, and I have to say its really nice that everyone here is really supportive and not competitive with our babies development. Does that make sense?? Every baby is so different and each step is so exciting, its pretty ordinary when thats taken away by someone saying "oh yeah, Johnny did that weeks ago". They all get there in their own way in the end. Whats that cliche about it being the journey, not the destination???

Anyway, off to catch "dancing with the stars"....cant believe I admitted that!! Sleep well everyone...

Georgie

HIya Girls!

Poor Zane being picked on in play group...wont be long before he is on the move and chasing them back! Wow 9.2Kgs beautiful! we get the big baby comments to ...I dont think anyone has ever guessed Kaitlyns age...when I tell them they say "wow really , she is big!". hehe

Soph I know it is hard to explain but is Lucies head REALLY flat? Kaitlyns is flat and even has an indent!. The first neurosurgeon I went to said I had to get a helmet and then I got a second helmet and he said she didnt need it. The second Dr told me that only approx 20% of babies with the flat head need a helmet. So dont get to worried as I am sure she wont need it . Now that Lucie is mobile at least she will spend even less time on her back and it can grow out on its own. PS I hope you saved her from the nasty child eating curtains hehe.

Hiya Jo , Kaitlyns flat spot is more on the right side as she alway turned to that side . So she has the flat spot and her ears are every so slightly uneven and her forehead is a little uneven as well . But all these things will apparently correct themselves. I hope you all get a good nights sleep!.

Its funny Georgie how some people are competitive , it would never even cross my mind to be jealous or compare Kaitlyn to other children!. It is nice how everyone in here is always truely happy about everyone elses achievements. And dont worry if I was not watching the OC I would have been watching dancing with the stars \/

Well we had a lovely day today! Big eating day ...Rice Cereal for Brekkie , Pear for lunch and Two ice cubs of Sweet potato for dinner!! Is that alot for a 6month old?

We had Gymbaroo which was fun as DH came along and played and then tonight we went and watch DH play indoor soccer which was fun!.

Hope you girls are all having a nice night ..I am off to clean and fill bottles!

Cass

Hey Girls O

Soph, congrats on 12 weeks! How are you feeling? How are you finding being pregnant with a 6 month old? LOL about Lucie under the curtain - how cute! Oh, I hear you on the hair thing too - Josh loves to grab handfuls of my hair and pull. Owww!

Fletch, awww, you made me blush with your post the other day! You're a sweetie! 9.2kg is great. Zane is just right! Don't worry, I get the opposite - people ask me how old Josh is and when I tell them, they look at me and go "really?" You just can't win! He's fairly long, but he's a trim little fella, so I guess that makes him look smaller. I dunno??

Georgie, I agree, it is so nice to see everyone encourage each other in here rather than comparing their bubs and their bubs achievements. And don't worry - I watched a bit of Dancing With The Stars too until CSI came on!

Jo, yay, another tooth! The new pics on your website are great. How happy does Sammy look in his walker?! You can see in your photos just how much the girls love him too. It is so sweet to see.

Cass, it's great news that Kaitlyn doesn't have to wear a helmet. That must have been a relief for you. BTW, while I'm thinking of it, the thread for the Sydney meet up is HERE. It would be great if you could make it!

Josh had his first taste of solids today! It was only a bit of rice cereal, but it was so much fun! He did really well, pulled a few funny faces, but he ate it all up and seemed to enjoy it. So, we'll keep going and gradually build up to new things. I can't wait to start making him vegies, fruit etc.

Well, had better run. I need some sleep!

Hi to all the other mums and bubs. Bye for now.

Morning all!

Bec - Finding being pg ok, except had quite a few blurgh moments. I'm kinda glad in a way that Lucie is so small though, because I wouldn't be wanting to lift a really heavy baby at the moment, or in the next 6 months. Good work Joshy on the rice cereal. I've just gone back to that actually - Lucie seems to prefer it to anything else at the moment!

Cass - Nup I don't think her head is really flat and I think it's improved a heap now that she is crawling and on her tum so much. Doc just always coments on it. Will see what she says today. More worried about the lump behind her ear at the moment. Sounds like a lot to me on the food front, but probably not to the others. Guess they are all different there too, but if she goes for it I say great! Oh and don't you feel like you are forever washing and filling bottles????

Hi Georgie! Yeap I hate nasty comparison people too, which is why I like this site 'cos you can really see how different they all are. I have a friend whose bub is 3 months older than Lucie and she is just like that! But here you can really see that they are so different in terms of eating, sleeping, weight, sitting, crawling, teething etc etc. Makes you stress less!

Jo - What are you guys up to today?

Well we have had 2 power spews - Lucie gagged last night on her first mouthful of solids so spewed up a decent proportion of a 200ml feed and then did the same this morning. Bugger!

I also had SUCH a blonde pg brain moment yesterday. I got our one of Lucie's old toys (which I can now alter so it's like a keyboard she can sit at - help to practise her sitting) and I had some new batteries. It wouldn't work and I tried for ages before I told DH he would have to look at it and maybe the electronics class could fix it. Anyway 2 seconds later he's playing music on it and dancing around mocking me - batteries were in the wrong way 8-[

GeorgieK Guest

Yay, my day off! James is down for morning nap, then we're off to the pool for mother's group. Hope everyone had a good sleep....we did, from 1030 to 6 am, no wake-ups, yay!!!

Go Josh on the rice cereal! I love those first expressions....Glad to hear Lucie is still going on the cereal too, Soph. I dont think babies get sick of the same thing every day like we do! And its great she's still interested in it.

Cass, I dont think thats an excessive amount of food, I freaked out when James started devouring everything I gave him and still looking for more. Yesterday he had 2 tbspn cereal and 1/2 tin pears for breakky, 4 tbspn veges for lunch and 4 tbspn veges and chicken for dinner, then 1/2 jar gel for dessert. We reckon he was a labrador in a past life! I was worried about it, but the MCHN said he'll tell me when he's had enough. He gets really excited when I get out his bowl and starts pumping his arms up and down, so I know he likes eating! Kaitlyn will stop when she's had enough.

Fletch, poor Zane getting picked on, just wait til he's mobile, at 9.2 kgs he'll get his own back I reckon! What yoghurt did you give Zane? How was his first-taste face??

Someone asked me about James going underwater...sorry, in #3 thread and Im too lazy to go back and look.... the insturctor had us sit them on the pool edge and sing "humpty dumpty": "....HD had a great fall...1...2...3..." and then we lift them off the wall and down into the water at a 45o angle IYKWIM. We did this 3 times each lesson. The first few lessons I just took him to his shoulder, then last week I just took him a bit deeper and scooped him under the surface on the second run for about 2 seconds. Wish I had a camera!

Anyway, washing to hang out, dishes to do....have a good day girls.

Gosh this thread is flying now. Morning to you all.

Hope you have a lovely day off Georgie. Ohhhh the pool sounds lovely. Whoohoooo on the big sleep James...wtg lil man.

Cass that sounds like a great amount for Kaitlyn. Shes getting such a fantastic variety. Sammy tends to have three mushed up meals though sometimes he will barely eat a tsp..he turns away and wont open his mouth at all..so i tend to offer snacks as well like toast with vegemite or a piece of apple. He loves holding his own food and slurping away on it. That is so great your DH could go along to gymbaroo with you. Darren wants to have more time off so that he can see more of us all. He feels like he is missing out on so much.

Bec thank you for looking at Sammys pics. I had a squiz at gorgeous Josh too..i just love the pic of him lying back watching the cricket. He looks like such a relaxed happy bubby. Those faces are precious arent they when they are first trying food. Just too cute!

Soph Im sorry to hear Lucie had two power spews...poor darling...did it give her a fright? Hope that she feeds well for you today and you get to rest lots you special preggo mumma
    at your blonde moment. I guess you can be excused being pregnant and all...lol...very funny. I have no excuse now for the silly things i do

Fletchie..what you and Zaney up to today sweets?

Hiya Storm...hows the ttcing going?

Well we are heading off to the mums and bubs movie today. Its Walk the Line...hope its a good one. Sammy was up so much last night between 11 and 3 so pretty tired today.

Jo

:-k What's a trolley monster!?????

Hi everyone,
    i am exhaustingly running arounbd at work & I have meetings all arvo, so just wanted to pop in, I have read up & sounds like everyone's bubbies are ZOOOOMing along!!!!!!

I hope you all have a lovely day!!!!!

Hi guys!! Just butting in I'm Trace's Sept baby buddy!!

Trace, a trolley monster is a cover to go over the part of the trolley, where bubba's sit,(at the front) and it covers all the metal so that they don't get any germs on their little handies or mouths!! And I'm sure its more comfy for them too!!
    They come in all different colors!!

I just bought a Clean Shopper, which is the same thing!!

I just have to wait till Jack is sitting up, and then I can use it!! \/

Yeap we are zooming along now. It's lovely. Maybe cos all the bubs are doing so much more???

Hi Alex - how is cutey Jack going?

Hello Tracey - You rest up a bit ok!

Oh Fletch I wish we had a dishwasher! Did you just get the natural yoghurt? DH adn I eat the Jalna Vanilla one, so I have tried Lucie with that a few times. Still no added sugar I think.

Jo - Touch wood she has been a bit better today so far (apart from morning spew!). She hasn't been fighting me so much to feed, but I'm sure now I have said that she will :-k How was the movie? It's meant to be great. No mum and bubs movies here in Lismore Was Sammy up for that entire time???? If so I definately shouldn't complain. Or was he just grizzling now and then?

OMG Georgie send some of James' appetite this way!!!! Porky!

Well doc went ok today. My bp is normal which is good. Fingers crossed it stays that way until I am 42 weeks (yeap I acually WANT to go late this time so there is 13 months between bub and Lucie). Lucie is having an ultrasound Monday on her head lump. Fingers crossed all is ok.

GeorgieK Guest

Spewin' you missed your trolley monster Fletch...I dont have the nerves of steel required for ebaying really popular items, so I think I'll go for a clean shopper. You havent used yours yet to report back Alex??

Glad to hear Lucie has had a good day despite spewy start - how frustrating Soph to work so hard to get it all inot her just to have it come right back at you. Good news too that you're all OK and normal. Hows the ms going? Loved your "blonde pg" moment...have to admit I still blame it on the hormones on a regular basis! Wonder how much longer I can get away with it....

Go Zane on the vegemite toast. I just now gave James a toast finger, which he kind of sucked on, then I added a bit of vegemite. After the "what the...?" face, he hoped right into it and demolsihed the lot! Wound up with brown fingerprints over everything though.

Just got back from mothers group at the pool, although only had a short swim cos there was a high school group there, so it was a bit raucous even in the baby pool. We often meet there, so there's no pressure on someone to organise their house, and there's reasonable coffee and they make mean egg and bacon rolls!

Hope everyone's having a good afternoon....

Bugga fletchie...lol..ebayers are always sneaking up on me at the last min too..i loose things all the time Better luck next time eh. Glad Zane liked his toast. Sammy will gag every now and then too so i just remove the piece in question..we end up with all soggy bits everywhere!

Soph Im so glad Lucie has been better today. Its horrible when they are feeling off isnt it. Sammy wasnt up the entire time no. We put him down at 11 but he just didnt want to settle out of my arms...so every time I would try to put him in his cot which is right next to us he would grizzle and want to come back to me..lol. Viscious circle really. I ended up just keeping him in bed with me. Its just so hot nights right now even with the fan going non stop.

The movie was great thanks. Sammy loved it. I took some snacks and his sippy cup and toys which amused him for a while and then I bf him to sleep. There were a ton of girls with their bubs and toddlers so its great not worrying about bubs making noises. Just found out the MIL is getting married to her internet lover in a few weeks time

Jo

Hi Girls!

wow it is busy in here!.

I think I will go to the Sydney catch up Bec and you and Josh going?. Go Josh on his solids!. It is funny how quickly they get used to the taste , Kaitlyn DEVOURS her rice cereal , but she has to have it warm the cheeky thing!.

I hear you on the bottles Soph it is a ritual for me hehe. I am glad Lucies head is rounding !. Good luck at the Drs ..fingers and toes crossed for lots of luck!.And dont worry on the toy issue ..that was me on a good day when I was pregnant!

Wow Georgie , James is a great eater! I feel much better now . I guess it is true that they will let us know when they have had enough food .

Hi Jo..I hear you on the time off thing for DH. My Dh works 6days a week as he is a Real Estate Agent and he usually works from 730amish and gets home after Kaitlyn is in bed so he misses out on heaps as well. But luckily he can sometimes come home early or leave late or pop home during the day so he can still have cuddles with his princess and Kaitlyn as if ...I lost princess status when the Missy was born!. HOpe you enjoyed walked the line ...I love Reese Witherspoon!.

Good luck on your Trolley Monster Fletch ..there is one ending in a couple of hours ...nice apple green one!. I love Ebay ..but it takes time. If I REALLY want something I log on as it is ending so I can place that final bid just as it is ending ..cheeky I know.

Had a very quiet day today just popped up to the store to have some photos printed , had a nice walk with Kaitlyn and played played played!. Gave Kaitlyn apple , rice cereal and milk tonight and she LOVED it!. I called it her special Apple rice pudding hehe. I am taking Kaitlyn for her shots tomorrow so I am getting ready for a bad couple of days!

Have a good night!

Cass

whooohoooo go fletchie!!!!!

Cass - Good luck today with the needles. Hope your little princess is ok.

Fletch - Can I ask how much you ended up paying for your trolley thingy? Zane is going to love it!

Jo - I say if you have to take them to bed so you can all get some sleep then that's what you have to do! Fingers crossed last night was a bit better for you. Lucie, my baby who used to be the queen of sleep is no more She grizzles throughout the night now.

Georgie - How cute re the brown fingerprints!!!! Your mothers group sounds like so much fun.

Not much to report from me. Can I ask you all though how your bubs day is structured re solids and bottles? I give Lucie solids only ever after her milk and I am wondering whether that is why she just isn't overly keen, because she is full.

Soph I bf Sammy and then offer him solids around 1/2 later..bbl..gotta go to mums group.

Jo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast