Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #5

Oh Storm I hate those power spews and no how heartbreaking it is after the 'euphoria' you feel when they finally have a decent feed! Oh well the mint patty would have given him some energy. Glad he slept well and hope he is on the mend.

Darn those fairies Storm....always leaving when theres lots to do. I so hope Zac is on the mend now poor little fella. Like Soph says..the mint patty would have given him a heap of energy.lol.

How are you going Soph..hows the ms treating you?

Brooke had to laugh but no it wasnt broadcast back to the US

Georgie sounds like you and James have been very busy.

Fletchie I hope you are having a nice trip

Well we had an interesting time last night..lol..no real dramas which was good. The kids all had fun and Sammy would not go to ANYONE! Speaking of whom..hes whinging at me now..hes had enough of playing drums on the pots so will come back later.

Jo

Hi Girls ! Sorry I did not log on last night ...to tired!.

Brooke
    I am SOOOOO glad that Charli is ok ! \/ \/ \/ . Give her big kisses and cuddles from Kaitlyn and I.

Soph I was chatting to the girls in my prenatal class whos bubs range from 7-8.5 months and all of them have cut down to 3milk feeds a day!. So maybe that is what Lucie is trying to do , they said their bubs all have a early morning feed (6amish) then a lunch feed and then a dinner feed and that is it. Kaitlyn is down to four bottles now. How many is Lucie having ..or not having as the case may be ..cheeky mite!.

Storm I hope Zac is recovering well . If those fairies ever return to your house can you please send them to my place as they never visit here!.

The kidsafe house sounds interesting Georgie , is it a home setup showing you how to childproof your house?.

Hehe Jo , I could not help but giggle on your "internet lover" comment. I guess it takes all types of meeting places these days!.

Girls I hope I have not missed anyone in personals...trying to catch up .

We had a lovely day yesterday catching up with my prenatal girls and bubs for lunch so good to see them all.

Then today went to a Gymbaroo catch up session as we missed out on Tuesday so that was fun . Then DH came home and babysat so I could go to the hairdresser to have my hair coloured and cut ...so nice!.

We have still been having rough nights care of Kaitlyns two toofies . I just thank the person that invented Bonjella !.

We tried baked beans and cheese yesterday and Kaitlyn LOVED it . Think we will try some meat soon .

Hope you are all having a good night.

Cass

Well I have finally read all the posts I have missed

Cass - yay on another tooth. I am still okto visit recycled garbage with you and Jackie after MG tomorrow. Hope Kailyn sleeps better tonight.

Bec - Hope Josh is all better. I don't think my brain is back either, I have to keep postits on the back of the door, my friends keep reading them and phoning me to make sure I do the things I want to do.

Soph - The toy library sounds great, I will have to find on around here. Are Lucies toes better.

Barley - Hugs re lack of sleep, hope tonight is better. Love the sound of paid Mat leave, I get nothing from my work.

Brooke - How is Charlotte going, You are not the worlds worse mum, my little brother had a similiar accident when he was a kid and he is totally fine today.

Storm - Hope Zac is feeling better, how did your parent/teacher interviews go?

Jo - how did the wedding go?

Marias christening went well. I was expecting a screaming match and instead gpt a little angel who feel asleep whilst being held on the altar. She only woke up when she was being undressed (Greek Orthodox christening) and dunked. She loved being oiled up and only had a minor cry when going in the water (water was cool). The reception went well, but we were all soo tired. Let me know if anyone wants to see photos and I will email them.

But the biggest news was on Friday Maria's first tooth came through.

Louise...thats so great that the Christening went well. Our precious babies can so suprise us at times cant they and be simply darling! Whoohoo on the toothie too..wtg Maria! Id love to see some piccies too if you dont mind!

Cass sounds like you have been so busy. That is so great that youve been able to continue seeing the prenatal girls and all their bubs. Hope you have a better night tonight with Kaitlyns little teeth..poor bubba. Yummy baked beans eh..do u mash them? I will have to try Sammy on them.

Well just gotten back from late night shopping with the kids. We had to get some presents from their friends..two birthdays on the weekend. They are no happily watching the new Harry Potter movie.

Well must be off for now..little boy is getting so tired..hes just had a whole bowl of apple custard and some toast and vegemite..hungry boy!

Jo

Louise - Yeap the toy library is my new favourite place! Really good to get some variety and save the $$$'s! Lucie's toes are heaps better thanks. The scabs have even nearly completely gone. I would love to see the christening photos too. Good girl Maria - she sounds like such an angel. And congrats on the first tooth!

Cass - Thanks heaps for the info. Yeap I think that's what we might do, and increase to 3 solid meals. I prefer doing the solids anyway. Lucie is still touch and go, sometimes she will love her solids and gobble them down, other times she's not too interested. Seeing the paed today anyway so I'm going to discuss it then. And I can at least do solid feeds when I am out and about which will be great! Bet the hair looks fab, it's so nice to do 'me' stuff sometimes. Hope Kaitlyn had a better night last night for you.

Jo - Ms made an exit a couple of weeks ago which was nice. Our scan is on Wednesday :shock: I'll only be 17 weeks, but they seem to think that's ok. I was getting a bit stressed cos I hadn't really felt much movement for a couple of weeks, but I think it's still there, just the little flutters that you have to concentrate quite hard on. I could never feel Lucie that much anyway. And I can't believe what a hungry boy Sammy is! That is great. Is Sammy still really clingy? I am dreading that phase, and I think we might be hitting it. Whenever somone else picks her up, she looks around for DH or I for reassurance that it's ok.

Fletch - Hope the Melbourne weather is being nice to you!

Storm - Is Zac still on the mend?

Hi everyone else! Well off to the paed this arvo and I'm actually quite nervous. DH can't get out of teaching, but my sister is coming which will be handy if Lucie throws a tantrum - she can take her out while I talk to the doc. Fingers crossed it's all not too bad!

Good Luck today Soph.. Yay on MS leaving too!

Indah slept nicely last night, she grizzled at 4:30am, so I popped a dummy in & she was fine til about 7am, then just played with my boobie & then bit me, not too hard but I said OW, NO! She smiled & then cracked up laughing at me!! Little devil.... She is so different to maddy...
    Maddison was a super placic baby & is still really relaxed & placid, enjoys her own company etc...
    Indah, man she is just the total opposite!

Maddy would have her bottle & be fast asleep for about 3 hours, then happily play for an hgour or so eat & sleep again..
    Indah can be fed & then sleep for 4-5 hours or 15 mins!!! It depends on what she wants she is so much more demanding!!! hee hee she is gonna be me! I gave my parents hell & this little tiger is just as cheeky & is gonna be our boundary pusher! :-k Mum always said she hoped I had one like me so I get to know what I put them thru!
    Oh well, we still love her to pieces!!!! hee hee

Ok I forgootten everything now!!!

Hope everyone is well & all bubbas are spunky & well!

OOOH, Indah is at the rocking on hands & knees stage, not long & the little monkey will be moving around making me go insane!!!!

Best of luck today Soph I'll be thinking of you guys! I am sure lucie will be just fine! Yep, Zac is slowly getting better, was awfully wheezy lastnight, but still slept well. WOW at 17 weeks, that sure has gone fast!

HI Lousie glad the christening went well,& good on maria for being such a wonderful girl & yay on the toothie too! Interveiws were great, I am proud of my girls! just wish the high school would conduct some sort of parent teacher meeting, coz my eldest boy, well, I'm not so proud of him ........ **sigh**teenagers.....

Wow Jo Sammy sure has been eating well, I am jealous. Do you still have the cot right up against your bed, or has Sammy settled now?

Will have to come back later...............
    Ok now I have 10 mins before I get the girls from school, zac has had a shocker of a day, his 2nd top tooth is just about through, slack me, I didn't realise til he was sreaming I jsut thought he was cranky with this asthma thingo, & then I seen it, I feel terrible, some bonjella would have been nice

UUUHHHHHH I have to go again the bloody washing machine is gushing water on my floor

Soph..hope the Paed appt goes well..thinking of you. I cant believe you are 17 weeks..omg..that has simply flown by. I think you are fantastic..i couldnt imagine being pregnant right now looking after such a little bubs....its got me tired just thinking about it! Sammy is super clingy...he is fine with his immediate family..but anyone else..oh no! Having said that though..Darren and I are thinking of leaving him for the first time with my mum just so we can go out sometime. I think that with the girls being with him he will be ok...and it will only be for a couple of hours.

Tracey
    thats so funny that Maddy and Indah are complete opposites. I had exactly the same thing with my older two..polar opposites..the Olivia was kind of a mix of both. Sammy though is prob the most demanding and the most sensitive. Ouchies on the bite..i know how that feels...mind you we really only had two days of it..so am thankful for that.

Oh Storm..what were the interviews for? Um mah at your eldest boy...kids can drive us crazy eh! Jess has just been planning her birthday which falls on the school hols. I cant believe shes turning 12! She has a group of friend staying overnight and we are all going out for dinner and then the best bit..they are having a jelly fight lol. I do still have the cot right up against my bed too..seems to work well cos I can just roll him back after ive fed him..cheeky munchkin! Hope gorgeous Zaccy gets better and better..poor fella..its so awful when bubs are sick. Hows the ttcing going? Are you anywhere near testing?

Well we have just gotten back from music. Sammy was a bit grumpy though cos hes so tired. He was distracted though by playing each instrument which was good..fell asleep on the way home and i plonked him straight on the boob and to bed..hopefully he will sleep for a while. I have to go and pack for the big girls. They both have separate sleepover parties to go to tonight.

Jo

Hi just a quick selfish post to let you all know how it went at the paed...
    Re the lump - yep gotta come out and have to see the paed surgeon so have another referral for that Usually wait till they are closer to 1 though so that's kinda good. Will probably need a cat scan to check whether it goes through the bone, but will sort all that out.

Re the feeding - ahhhh was so nice to have a sympathetic paed! He said it was very unusual to have a bub who doesn't have an appetite (she has never once in her life woken in the middle of the night hungry) but said that I had been doing a brilliant job and said 'none of your family of friends have really understood how you've been feeling have they'. Ah I nearly cried! Anyway so just got to perserve on that front. He said if she likes vegies then feed her as much as she'll have. I expressed concern that she would miss out on fluids but he said they are 80% fluid anyway! Oh and he said that she is actually anorexic :shock: Not in the anorexia nervosa kinda way, but the lack of appetite thing. The good news is though that she's put on 300g since her 6 month weigh in (now weighs 7.3), so at least she is slowly getting there, and still on her chart which never ceases to astound me. Anyway enough rabbiting on, but thought you might all want to know how we got on.

Soph Im so glad the Paed had some good news for you. It must be so reassuring to have a sympathetic ear and to once again hear that no its not you doing anything wrong(which of course we all know..we all think you are marvellous!). Go the vegies for little Lucie eh! That is so great with the 300 gram weight gain..wtg!!

Jo

locking thread ladies....