Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005

Default Babies Born August 2005

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

Please leave your details in the same format as those below and your moderator of this forum will get them added for you.

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.4)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl BOY
    Baby Name(s): Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Melody
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4.13k / 9lb 1oz
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Hunter Karl
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/melodyandrew/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:Vaginal Birth

Forum Name: Yvette
    State: Vic
    Babies' DOB: 24th August 2005
    Babies' Stats: Weight – Asha 3075g/6lb 12, Lauren 2670g/5lb 14 Length – Asha 48cm, Lauren 47cm
    Head Circ -Asha 35cm, Lauren 33.5cm
    Gender of Babies: Identical twin girls
    Baby Name(s): Asha Frances & Lauren Rose
    Babies' Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twingirlslb/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced by arm at 38 weeks 2 days, normal vaginal birth

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: kitten2b
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Oh wow...our very own thread how exciting.

How are all you lovely ladies and bubbies. Sammys asleep at the moment. He wakes up at 7 every morning and after weve done the mad dash for us all to get ready and go to school..by 9:30 he is completely stuffed and goes back to sleep. He loves all the stimulation though at the school. All the kids come up to him and talk and he just thinks its great.

Mel..long time no see..how are you hon..ive missed you. Hows Hunter going. Sammy sends a big sloppy kiss and hug.

Storm I really hope the morning sickness isnt too bad for you. I bet Zac and his new baby brother or sister will be the best of mates being born so close to each other. DH spun out when I told him someone from our August group was preggers...lol..think hes jealous really...not bout being pregnant which of course is lovely..but that someone else is getting some. 8-[ Its been once for us...since Sammys been born...lol

Hi Yvette...hope those gorgeous girls of yours are doing fantastically.

Soph hows little Lucie.

Hiya Kitten and Maria

Well...now that ive been first to post..i will step aside and let others in...come and talk pweeeeeeeeeese ladies

Jo

Hi again Jo! How is Sammy going? He sounds adorable, especially when you take him to school.

Lucie is good. I've come to the conclusion that she just doesn't need much food. She had a shocking week last week and was on a hunger strike for 4 days - and still put on 210g!

Oh wow Soph..thats a great weight gain

Jo

Soph, I had to pop in & tell ya that in 2 wks Indah gained 360g, so Lucie's gain of 210g is more than Indah & I am not worried about her!!!

I read a snippet in Melbourne Child about people who bottle feed & the worry about numbers on the side of the bottles & how breast feeding Mums worry about their milk supply etc... Basically we all stress & worry... But for no real reason... She's gaining weight, so relax now & enjoy her!!!!

Melody Guest

So true Barley! I sometimes feel that we 'know too much'.... my mum had 4 children under 5 & had never read a parenting book She stumbled through it on instict but now, when i have an issue, I have 40 different information resources, 60 options & 1000 ways to do my head in & the truth is, if I am honest with myself, Hunter doesn't know the difference as long as it comes with a smile, cuddle & stupid conversations about puppies & ponies

Jo I am so please to see you & Sammy (& family) are happy & healthy

I havent been posting on BB much..... I have had some pretty tough days over the last few weeks & am just using all my energy to sort it out.... Just a lot of crying/sleeping issues (in the daytime) & there have been times when I just flat out didn't know where to turn. It's a long story but i am booked in for a day at Dalwwod nest week & have been staying in touch with the wonderful ladies at the ECC... I know the answers are just around the corner so I am staying positive.

Hunter is doing great though & such a sweet little boy.... I shouldn't say 'little' because he is 7.2k now.

I'm not depressed but I do find myself getting pretty anxious & emotional when he starts to cry thinking "Is this the beginning of a 5 hour crying/screaming stretch? how am i going to get through it?" I feel trapped sometimes. I am very honest & in no way see this as a reflection on myself or think I am a failure but I am not ashamed to ask for help either. It is just a confusing time we are going through where i am trying to nut out what is best for Hunter.... I know none of that makes sense, it is hard to type out the complexities in 100 words or less IYKWIM.

I like this new thread.... part of what i found so comforting about the Aug Pregnancy thread was getting to know a group of fantastic women who were all going through the same thing at the same time.... the monthly threads changed people so quickly that unless I had an hour to keep track every day & do personals (which I dont) I felt rude just posting about myself because I hadn't kept up.

Storm I was BLOWN AWAY by your being pregnant! I'm so happy for you but yes, like Jo, shocked that you had the time! We have only made two (pretty average) attempts at something resembling a normal sex life post Hunter. My 'magic' has yet to return & I didn't realise how true that "Sleep or Sex" dilemma would ring true. Please be sure to do both the Aug baby & Pregnancy Buddie thread....

LOL Soph about Lucie being on a hunger strike.... i know it is no laughing matter though & i hope it evens out for you. Just know that you are doing everything right & the rest will follow.

Maybe I should take my own advice some time..... =;

Kirsty77 Guest

I agree we all worry about how much they are getting.At Gemma's 8 week check she had only put on 200gm in 2 weeks!And you know Gem's not a big eater either, more a snacker really! #-o

Aww Mel...i had no idea you were having a tough time of it sweets. I hope things get sorted out for you. It can be so draining being the sole provider for a little person and working out exactly what they want. I have every faith in you hon..you sound like such a dedicated mama. ooohhh....my little boy is awake....Sammy is a terrble sleeper during the day..lol..will only nap for 40 mins then hes up bright as a button. So i have to squeeze as much as i can into these three 40 minute slots during the day. Better go and feed him.

Jo

Mel - Hope you can get everything sorted out. Hunter is such a big boy!!!!! You must be getting a good work out carrying him around!

THanks Tracey and Gemma

Jo - Lucie has started to stay awake most of the day as well. In fact I only just got her to have a nap - the one big one for the day. She's been grizzly all arvo - tired I think.

Melody Guest

Soph, that is one of the problems I have.... there is a limited amount of time I can carry him around. My back has not yet recovered from pregnancy it seems & i feel like i am about to break in half after a few minutes. Not so much the carrying but when you add up all the lifting it just gets too much.... he's just a 'hunka luv'

nb. I have updated some shots on my website

Oh Mel - he is soooooooooooooooo cute!

Love the piccies Mel.lol at Hunter being a 'hunka luv'. Its amazing how quickly they grow isnt it. Sammy has grown 11 cm since birth and and was 7.2kg at his 3 month check. It never ceases to amaze me! No wonder they get tired out with all this growing. Has Hunter found his hands? I can just sit and watch Sammy and watch him relish in the delight of having found his hands and sometimes his feet. Its soo cute!

Poor tired Lucie. Hope she sleeps better for you today Soph. I do whisper in Sammys ear that it might be better for him to sleep for longer but he doesnt take any notice..lol.

Well must go and peruse the other forums.

Jo

Morning Girls!
    Well I think we have to get this thread moving! Hope you are all well. It's going to be a stinker here today. Lucie is already just in her nappy and I'll probably take that off soon and just let her lie in her doghnut on a heap of towels for the day. She just loves being nude!

Jo and Mel - how are you going?

Storm - Hope you are ok matey - thinking of you.

Kitten and Yvette - hope you are both well.

Where is everyone :-k ?
    Hope you lovely ladies are all ok.

Well I took Lucie to be weighed again today - only a gain of 110g this week. It's Murphy's Law though - she had a really good week eating wise and only put on that much, whereas the week before when she was on a hunger strike she put on 210g! Anything over 100 is ok though isn't it?

Hiya ladies.

Soph sounds like a great weight gain. Bubbas do put more weight on some weeks than others. Dont stress honey...you are doing all the right things! I know though how hard it can be not to stress but just trust in yourself.

Well we had a lovely weekend busy..but lovely. Emmy had one party to go to, Livvy had two and Jessie had a sleepover. On Sunday it was so nice just to have a nice day and chill. Unfortunately Sammy has a horrible cough and snotty nose the poor darling...though its seems to be bothering me more than him..hes in great spirits.

Hello everyone else..come and talk to us..

Jo

Jo - Yeah tell me about it being hard not to stress! Glad Sammy is getting over his cough and snottiness. Do you use one of those snot sucker things? (Sorry I have no idea of the accurate name!) I've used it a couple of times on Lucie and it does a great job. Oh she's woken....

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Girls

Thought I'd crash the August thread as all the September girls are MIA today!

Jo-Poor Sammy!I hate it when they get the snuffles.Gemma hates it when I use the fess snot sucker on her!

Soph-That weight gain sounds good to me!Lucie is still gaining more weight per week then Gemma is!

Well Gemma has been one sleepy baby today and last night.She slept for a record 8 hours last night and has been sleeping basically all day as well!I think we tired her out on the weekend with all our visits to relies. \/

Hi Kirsty - I've missed you! How is little Gemma? You must have got a heap of stuff done today! Lucie certainly is more awake during the day now. At 8pm last night she was wide awake, and Mick and I were like 'hey what's going on???'. She's still a slow and little feeder, but I think that's just her. Will see how that goes.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast