Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2004

Default Babies Born December 2004

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2004.

Please leave your details in the same format as those below and your moderator of this forum will get them added for you.

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

December '04

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: kt250
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 09/12/2004
    Baby Names: Stacey Elizabeth
    Baby's Website: None
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 41 weeks, 59 hour labour with C/S at end 8lb neat.

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 7oz, 50cms long, head 35cms
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen
    Notes: 1 week overdue, induced due to pre-eclampsia, 5 hour labour, vacuum extraction used due to Shoulder Dystocia.

Forum Name: *Jo*
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John
    Notes: Posterior, c/s

Forum Name: Colleen
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 15 / 12 / 04
    Baby Name(s): Jaykob
    Baby's Website: in my signature
    Health Concerns: None to date
    Notes: 10 days early, 9lb8oz, c-sec

Forum Name: jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 9oz, 52.5cms long, head 35.5cms
    Health Concerns: None so far
    Notes: 10 days overdue, induced

Forum Name: *Jo*
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John
    Notes: Posterior, c/s

Forum Name: jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 9oz, 52.5cms long, head 35.5cms
    Health Concerns: None so far
    Notes: 10 days overdue, induced

Welcome Parents of December babies. Get posting and get to know your fellow December buddies if you don't already. Wont' be long and all your precious babies will be turning 1 !! Does anyone have any parties planned ?

Love

We sorta have a party planned for Lily. Just a quiet family BBQ. Lily is having a labybug cake, with cupcake ladybugs around it, like babies. Just wrote out the invites last night 8-[ Bought a cute little crown for her to wear on the day and have had to her dress picked out since she was 2mths old lo!

I think Lily must be sick She had a blocked nose yesterday and now it is 10:40am and she still isn't awake! Just snoring soundly lol. She isn't hot or cold, so I don't think I should wake her up, but am prepards for a very hungry babe when she wakes up. (wonder when that'll be!) Poor thing.

Tegan, I hope Lily is okay, what a sleep in!

Oh, the cup with the straw I got from Woolies.

Ah good ol' woolies! We shop at coles because the woolies over the road has nothing! Must go find a better one then.

Lily finally got up at....wait for it!....1:00pm!! She was very hungry but very well rested LOL!

Tegan, wow at Lily's mammoth sleep! I hope she is all the better for it, don't you just hate it when they are sick and you feel useless. It's funny though, I know this sounds a bit silly, and DH did a wonderful job of looking after Aidan, but now that he has had some quality 'Mummy' care he just looks so much better for it. I dont know, maybe I'm imagining it, but I'm not sure....!

I am still just as confused as ever about employment prospects. I have registered for a number of Mystery Shopping companies as I get work through one and enjoy it a lot, its just they are few and far between and seem to have relatively 'boring' clients. Like my post in the Work/Maternity Leave Form, I am still looking for that elusive 'work from home' job! My current temporary employer are not really giving me what I am looking for and I am still not sure it is what I want to do. After being away I feel like I would much prefer to work from home, I would love something involving the computer/internet as that is my fort. Hmm we'll see...

Jo and Tegan, you have made me think that Aidan now needs a special 'cup', but I don't know what is good for his age. He has had a blue tommee tippee one for over 3 months now but he has to tip it up to get the water out (or it has to be full ALL the time) and still hasn't 100% worked that out, so I guess I should also look for one with a straw. I assume it has a cover over the top? When do they start drinking from a cup?

Hugs to all the bubs!

Jess, yeah the cup with the straw does have a lid. Lily can drink out of a normal cut if we hold it and pour the drink in her mouth. The new sippy cup we used was a success! The teat part is almost as soft as a bottle teat, so she worked out how to use it straight away, as the drink only comes out when you suck, so if it's tipped over, nothing spills.

I would love to work from home as well because child care is really expensive and i am really bored! But I am setting up my own eBay shop selling personalised things such as, beaded braclets, necklaces, christmas decorations, baby memory boxes and jewellery boxes. Haven't started yet as I have to get my feedback up to 5, but not long now. So hopefully i'l get some good cash out of that!

Tegan, glad to hear the new sippy cup was a success. Kaleb will drink out of a cup if I hold it for him, he kind of slurps it up, I guess it's a while before they master that? Jess, the cup with the straw I have looks like a sports sipper for babies, it's very cute, it had a flip down bit instead of a lid which bends the straw and covers it IYKWIM. And I agree, there is nothing like a bit of quality mummy care! Tegan, good luck with the ebay store. Jess, the mystery shopping thing sounds great, I hope you get more of it!

Tegan, good luck with the ebay store, it sounds great. I am considering selling personalised birthday invites as the ones I made for Aidan look really good (or I think so anyway)!

Off I go to buy a cup for my little man....

Hi everyone!!

I have been a bit slack coming in here, but have been posting away for the past 2 nights and am going to stick with it. I remember readig all these threads when I was preg with Stacey so I am going to make the effort to get onto the pc and chat!!!!

Forum Name: kt250
    Baby's DOB: 09/12/2004
    Baby Names: Stacey Elizabeth
    Baby's Website: None
    Notes: 41 weeks, 59 hour labour with C/S at end 8lb neat.

Look forward to chatting to you all about our beaut bubs!!!

Cheers
    Katie

Hi there

Stacey loves her straw cup and I cant get her too drink out of anything else. I have tried the heinz trainer cup, avent cup with both teats but then the other week thought I would try the straw cup and she loves it. She is drinking heaps of water now which is great as we live in the tropics and it has been 35 degrees or so lately. Also she would sip her avent cup then lose interest, so I had a taste and the water tasted plasticy(spelling). Yuk no wonder she wouldnt drink out of it. Also you can get the straw cups for $1.50 or so from The Warehouse. They always seen to have them in the plastics isle with the lunchboxes etc.

Also I am having Stacey's 1st bday party next Saturday which is early but DH works at the mine and is away on the 9th of her actual bday so we are bringing it forward as he is only home for a week at a time!!! Also misses Chrissy with us too #-o but I guess that is life!!!. But the purpose of me telling you guys this is do you have any ideas of what sort of food to have. It is at 2.30pm so it will be snack food. I though Fairy Bread...............

Ok guys, you all take care
    cheers
    katie

Hi Katie, lovely to hear from you again! I found exactly the same thing with the Avent cup, no matter how many times I washed it, the water still tasted of plastic. Yep, fairy bread is always a winner, chocolate crackles I reckon are pretty popular too, maybe cheerios as a savoury?

Jess, the invite idea is great! You should definitely give it a go, I'm sure there's people out there who would love original invites but don't have the time to make them themselves. And if you could slip your details on them somewhere, you are marketing to all the people who receive the invites as well!

Jo, great idea, I never thought of the marketing side of it! Now I am excited about playing around and getting them right to sell.

Hi Katie, great to have a newbie here, it gets very quiet. Your labour sounds extroadinary, you should be proud of yourself!

Thanks for all making me feel so welcome again!!! I think I will go with the fairy bread, chocolate crackles and cheerios, thanks for the help and if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free!!! Yes it was a bit of a marathon effort to bring little (well not so little now) stacey into this world but not one day goes past that I ever regret it!!!!

Hi girls,

I dont have much to type but was very disappointed that we are on page #2!

I am officially very clucky and think that we will start TTC #2 at the start of next year!

Aidan coughed all night so I am very tired. I am taking him to the doctors but I dont expect much (same as always, treat us like we are overreacting)...... Sorry to any GP's reading this, from past experience I have almost run out of faith.... I dont know if it is just teething though, I remember this happened last time and a few days later 2 teeth popped up. His gums are looking very different which freaked me out - is this normal? They just look like they are becoming wider and whiter? He has a dry, constant cough and a very runny nose. I hope the doctor atleast tells me something I can do to help relieve him of the cough, poor little man is so over it! (And me and DH too!)

I have somehow managed to rambled on! Hope all is well. My invite idea on ebay doesnt seem to be too popular so it looks like I am going to have to come up with something new to sell!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast