Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #21

hee hee Maddy is just gorgeous in that photo!

Milo re-decorsted his room this morning while I had my back turned. Luckily it was just with the clothes he pulled out of his drawer this time...last time it was with sudocream..

*LMAO* Rach! That must have been fun to clean up....that stuff just gets everywhere!

yep it sure does.

On a different note, am feeling a bit sad today. I have just found out that my MCHN is leaving to go to another centre. It's still in my council area, but a good 15 minute drive.

I really, really, really like my MCHN. She still does midwifery shifts at the hospital, and she was present for Milo's birth. She is also an LC, and helped me get through a challenging breastfeeding experience with my son.

I am sure the new MCHN will be nice, but its just not going to be the same.. :frown:

{{{Rachael}}} You poor thing hon...it's really hard to make a connection with health care providers these days so it must be really upsetting to be losing one that you do know and respect so well. Seeing as though Milo is already one and he won't be having frequent appointments, is it worth following her to the other centre?

Thats what I am thinking.

Someone else I know who is at the same health centre asked and was told 'thats not how it works' but I'm sure I was told you can go to any of them, and that they'd prefer you went to a different centre than not go at all.

ETA - Not that I'd stop going..that was just what I was told - I think at my antenatal classes.

I'm pretty sure you can go to any one you want too Rachael. I mean, they're a free public service so I don't see how it matters if one is a teeny bit closer. I figure that a good relationship/friendship with a MCHN who played such a vital role in helping you through the first year of your son's life is FAR more important. Perhaps once she moves, you can call that particular centre up and ask if it's possible to have an appointment specifically with her?

Rach - we moved house and was supposed to go to a different health centre, but i had my mothers club through there and knew them all, so told them i wanted to stay (they were both as far as each other from my house anyway).

I was told you can go wherever, they just like to spread people out.

Beck - There!! I did it! Scarey but changed my ticker! lol!

Today Abby has a fever and I have a sore throat! Typical with the change in the weather I guess!

Hi Girls,

Have (once again)missed to much to do personals but just jumping on quickly to let you know i have a ultrasound today..after(finally)getting on to my GP yesterday about the hospital booking in dramas (i think i may have given her a heart attack-she was in such a tizz!!)she sent me for blood tests yesterday, she booked me in for a u/s today to check if Zipper's a boy or girl(you may remember i'm a haemophilia carrier..), then see GP tomorrow, then wed next week see high risk ob at hospital(i have to go to high risk clinic due to the haemophilia risk), then the following wed see the paedeatric(sp??) haemotologist(the same one i saw when i was preg with owen)..so am going to be very busy!!on the plus side, ben is home and has taken the morning off work so he'll get to see Zipper today(he's been away for the last 2 u/s) and is very excited.. I'm so glad the doc has sorted it all out..i was in such a panic last week!!we really don;t have long to go now..not long enough not to be booked in to a hospital anyway!!

Hope everyone is well and will try very hard to get on later for some personals!!

have a great day!!
    xx

Christie,

How does the haemophilia carrier thing work? Does that mean that theres a 50/50 chance of a male child having the condition & the same chance of a girl being a carrier?

Sorry - if its too personal or you don't want to answer thats OK.

DH's cousin is a haemphiliac so I can always as him.

Anyway you sound like you're flat out with appointments, best of luck!

Hi Everyone

Omg I have missed out on heaps and heaps!

Im trying to think whats new here. Ive been so busy. Ive got weddings, birthdays and parties galore the next few weeks. I even have a hens night which Im really excited about.

Jasmine can now say "There you are" It sounds more like one word thereyouare when she says it but its so cute. She says it mainly while putting something somewhere, especially putting her toys in the bath. She puts them one by one and says thereyouare to all of them. We have been swimming heaps while its been so hot. She totally loves the pool. I have the coolest floaty thing for her, I will have to show you pictures. She is also really into climbing. I dont know how she did it but she climbed up onto the lounge and was standing /bouncing on it. I freaked out. Ive had to take all the knobs off the drawers, doors, everything because she gets into everything! She climbed up on the kitchen drawers, one foot on the bottom one and her hands on the top one! Ive got a rock climber on my hands. Ive got safety locks on everything too, because the things I think she cant reach, she always can. She cant walk past a power point without turning it on!

We just went through the really hard getting dressed thing. She seems to be over it now. If I have a top or something in my hand, she will walk up to me and put her head down so I can put it on. She will put her feet out too. Thank goodness. It was horrible! She still prefers to pull her clothes off herself though, and if she has a dress on, she loves to flash off her nappy to anyone who will pay her attention LOL!

She is right into playing chasings, which is wearing me right out lol she squeals and laughs hysterically while running away. She is a real funny little girl who cracks me up so much.

Did I tell you while we were away she rode her first carousel and a couple of other rides? Of course I was standing there with her, but she totally hung on all by herself. I even stepped out of the way for a couple of photos so it looks like she is on there herself. Too funny!

Ok I dont have time for personals, I love that its so busy in here again. I cant wait til I get some free time to catch up properly.

I miss it here! I hope you are all well and all of your little babies are too!

Take Care
    xoxo

Christie how did the U/S go? Wow sounds like you are going to be quite busy till Zipper arrives! I know I am ignorant, but I thought you already knew you are having a girl? I hope everything went well at the u/s! How nice that Ben could go too!

Kate as usual love the pics of Jasmine! I love your new ticker pic too! lol! She is soooo cute!! LOL @ thereyouare! Abby is stuck on animal noises atm. She knows doggie, sheep, cow, and duck. The cow sounds like mmmmmmmmu, but its a start!

How are you all.

We ok here sort off.
    Took Callum to the nurse yesterday and she was very pleased with him with weight, length and with him walking talking and all that but not with his head. As you all know Callums fontanelle closed early and we had to keep checking his HC. Well although we had xrays done on it she still isnt happy as his head doesnt seem to be growing much. In the last 3 months it hasnt grown 1cm yet so we are of to the PD next thursday to see what he thinks. She told me although the xrays said it was ok, and that he is on track with talking, walking and being so active that the brain isnt able to grow. She told me that if I leave it and the brain doesnt grow then I could be in all sorts of problems soon as he might start showing signs of falling behind. The worst case he will have to have the 4 ridges open again which is a simpl op but the after afects are not nice, with being swollen and blue. God Im so scared now. So she gave me a good PD and I was able to get in next Thursday so I will let you all know how it goes. :frown:

Beck How funny about Maddy dressing up. Have you put the photos ups yet. Would be good to see....LOL
    I see by reading the next post that you have ill have to take a look!!!

Rach I hope you have good luck with nurse. Im not that keen on mine and I wasnt going to keep going but with Callum's head Ive decided to keep going to we get it worked out.

Sarajo I love the new ticker. Abby is so beautiful. Awwww im Sorry Abby isnt feeling well. Hope she is better soon.xx

Christie Good luck hon with all the test. I loved having u/s just to see my babie moving and the heart beat.

Kate You have got your hands full. Callum has started to try and climb, he climbs all over me and DH and if im on the floor laying against the lounge he will try and climb up me to get on it....lol...very funny it is. Chasings is coming into it as well. Although he has just started walking, When I go to see where he is walking too he see's me coming and runs but most of the time he will fall. But he gets straight up and [email protected] and keeps going. Its good but scares me cause he cant run properly yet.

Well all Callum is waking. WOW its 8.30 and he is just starting to wake. He has been sleeping so well. Touch wood.

Hope you all doing well.

Hey Beck

Your photos are so cool. very cute indeed.

That dancing Elizabeth 'Lily' Claro I sort of read abit, How did she die. Beautiful girl she was. Very sad!!!

:hugs: Awe, Missy, I hope Callum is ok! Its better to get checked out anyway, aye? Sounds like he is thriving in all other areas, so that is excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Hey Beck

Your photos are so cool. very cute indeed.

That dancing Elizabeth 'Lily' Claro I sort of read abit, How did she die. Beautiful girl she was. Very sad!!!
    Missy, Lily hung herself the night before her HSC exams began.

Sarajo

Yes I should be proud of Callum as he is doing very well and I am but just wont his head to be ok too. I dont want to have to see him go through any pain that he doesnt have to. Its all just bit scarey and after having been told by the gp that the exrays were ok and now im of to see pd its just starting to scare me abit. I thought that was in the past. I will just have to see what he say about it. Thanks for the kind words hun.

Beck
    That is so sad. I wonder why she did. By the look of her she had everything going for her. Very sad indeed.

tiggy Guest

Missy Huge Hugs. It's very scary and daunting. I really hope that everything goes well with Callum when you see the paed. I love his ticker pic. He looks perfect and beautiful to me. Will be thinking of you both.

ETA: Kate! So good to see you back in here! Welcome home girly! Your Jasmine looks very cute in the new photos. OMG that she is saying so much. Mine are still stuck on Mumumumum, although Noah does say 'car'...for everything, oh and he used to say 'ug' when he was giving you a cuddle but now he says...'car'.
    Last edited by tiggy; January 19th, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast