Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #4

Default Babies Born in December 2005 #4

This thread is for parents of children who were born in December 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

December '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: webbmeg
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 1.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.33kgs Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Coco Arabella
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    8 days early, 3 hour labour.

Forum Name: Melly01
    Baby's DOB: 05.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs3┬Żoz/3.268kg Length - 49.5 Head Circ -34.2cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Logan Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/loganmichael/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 16 days early, 2 hour labour.

Forum Name: totalbabe77 (Christie)
    Baby's DOB: 7.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.775kgs Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Owen Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/buttonswalters
    Health Concerns: 50% chance he would have haemophilia - all clear!!thank god!!
    Notes: induced(1 lot of gel only)on night of due date as they were worried he would be too big as no interventions were allowed due to chance of haemophilia & had about 30 people in the room when he was born for the same reason, 10hr labour(8 hrs of contractions), 20mins pushing.

Forum Name: gemini6 (Kate)
    Baby's DOB: 15th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs 9oz Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Jasmine
    Baby's Website: www.picturetrail.com user name:gemini_6 pw:december
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:Induction

Forum Name:Rach
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB:20/12/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 14 oz- Length 51cm- Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:Female
    Baby's Name:Hannah Rose
    Baby's Website:picture trail Username dueindecember05 Password december
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Sarajo
    State: Texas, USA
    Baby's DOB: Dec 22, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs9oz Length - 19.75"
    Baby Name(s): Abigail Jo
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/abigailjo/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days late. Induced Wed night, born Thursday 1:16 PM

Forum Name: Beckibee (Becka)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 10oz Length - 38cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Madeline Natasha
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/squishybub/
    Health Concerns: Jaundice for first couple of days
    Notes: Induction via drip after waters broke and contractions/labour was failing to progress at significant pace.
    __________________________________________________ __________

To catch up on the previous thread go here

Thanks Christy. What has happened with Matilda's sleeping? I hope she improves for you.
    Shannon, I am not sure which jaundice it is, but I do know the bili levels went down quite a bit. The only concern was two measurements in the liver that were high. the pead said her liver is not large, so we checka gain at end of mar and if it's still normal size, it must be breastmilk jaundice. I guess it is, but they prob can't say 100% incase I sued them if they made a mistake. It's annoying though that they couldn't say she was totally out of the woods.
    Beck, don't ever feel you can't have a whinge about BIL. I feel Soooooooooooooo angry for you. He just seems to be the most inconsiderate neanderthal EVER. I feel for you so much, becuase not only would he drive a childless woman insane, butyou're a new mum AND you are not getting sleep. Vent all you can because if you don't he might be a dead man!!!! (one of us might end up coming around and having a word to him)!!!!!!! Hang in there adn I SO hope he goes to house sit today. What happened to the job o.s?
    Coco has had a 2 hour sleep again today. She is still asleep. of course both times most the sleep has been in my arms, so I haven't slept!! But Im just glad she's getting sleep. I hope she starts to sleep much better at night. I wonder why she won't just do a 6 hour sleep. Last nigth she went to bed at 8.30pm (sleep rather) stirred at 9pm, had to be patted for 2 minutes and then woke at 10.30pm. Then it was in my armsfrom about 11pm-3am. My back is suffering.
    hope everyone's little cherubs are sleeping well today!! I put a new photo up yesterday, it's so cute. A cross eyed pic!!
    xoxoox

Well... when she was 17 months she started climbing in & out of her cot so we had to move her into a big girls bed. It took us 3 weeks to take less than an hour to get her to sleep at night. We tried everything & was on the phone to Riverton (Brissy Tressilian) a few times a day...

Then we went overseas for Christmas. Its been 3 weeks since we've been home & its still taking around 2 hours to get her to sleep at night. And then she wakes up from 4-6am and screams. and will not be comforted. Won't take a bottle, won't have a cuddle just lays there with her eyes closed screaming. Then she sleeps from 6-7am. But the early mornings are changing in that she now wakes at 5.30am for the day. So not as much screaming but no sleep ins at all...

Bummer Christy. Have you rung Riverton again? It's so hard to know what to do. I hope it works out VERY soon for you. i just checked out your website. matilda is sooooooooooooo cute!! she's actually not that different to my Matilda at that age, she too had blonde curls!! Anyway, good luck, just know there's many mums out there who are awake with you!!!!!!!
    Gotta run, it's nearly school time, coco's due for a feed half an hour ago but she's still asleep. don't know if I should risk the school run without feeding her. oh the dilema's!!! xoxo

Meg I've got Riverton on speed dial LOL and we are in our second week of things that they have suggested. We try to be super consistent, but Matilda is too smart for us LOL

tiggy Guest

just need to post so I can keep up with you, girls

Hi All,

Greenwood sounds good to meet up..for pub lunch???and right near the station for Melly..i can even pop down to Fusion salon and say hi to the girls in there(they were our biggest client from when i was still working..)We don't have to do it on monday, so kate doesn't miss mothers group..i'm free wednesday and thursday too..whats good for you meg and melly?? I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys and being able to put names to faces..just wish all the girls could be there!!

Beck and Meg, sorry you guys aren't getting much sleep still..i don't know how you cope..i wouldn't..i'm tired today and Owen slept from 7pm-3.15am and then from 4.40-6.30am last night and i was in bed by 9pm..what a sook am i?!?

Beck, i hope your BIL goes today, never to return!! [-o< fingers crossed for you..

Kate, we got a canberra raiders pack for Owen..it had 2 bibs, a singlet, jumpsuit, mittens, booties and a hat..it was about $40 and they had them for every team..it was from the jerseys.com.au website and got delivered to our place in about a week..its great quality too..

Owen's just gone down for a sleep, so i'm gonna go do some house work..talk to you all later on

Hi Girls! Was up quite a bit with Abby last night! Don had the last diaper change before midnight, and when I got abby for her 12:30 feeding, she was soaked as was her blanket and everything! I felt up her nighty to see where her diaper leakes, and I felt bear bum! Yep, her diaper was around her calves, with her bum hanging out! Lol! So I changed her, got a new nighty on her, and fed her. Then another diaper change was in order! SO after that I took her and burped her while looking for another receiving blanket and she spit up all over her floor! So it was a good 2:30 before we both got back to bed! Oh well! Its almost comical now, even though I was in tears last night! I have to give Don a lesson in Diaper changing! Oh by the way, diapers are what you call nappies!

So how are y'all? Today has been pretty good. I am a bit sleepy, but good. Abby has done better than normal spitting up today! hopefully it is because we have found a med that works!

Hi guys! Sarajo, I hear you that last night was not good, but it's comical now!! I was up when you were too. Coco has decided to ditch her 4 hours sleeps and last night was the second or third night where she only slept 2 hours at a time. NOT HAPPY JAN. I can't understand why she wont' go longer. SHe feeds enough. Then from 4am she spent the entire time fidgeting and grunting. I don't know if I shoudl get her checked (at a gastro doctor). But Im thinking that because it's worse after midnight, maybe it's that its' wind adn she's not getting the chance to get rid of it by playing and kicking. Guess I'll have to spend more time burping her at night (just don't want to wake her up). What do you guys do? Do you wind them after a midnight feed?
    Christie, unfortunately next week Im busy wednesday and thursday. tim and I are having our anniversary lunch on wed (he's taking a day off) and thurs is mothers group. Could do friday though. I don't want Kate to miss her group either.
    Christie you are so lucky that Owen is sleeping so well. When we meet I'll have to get him to have a word to Coco!! I did think after her 3 hour sleep yesterday that she might have a good night...The one thing she did however was settle herself! yipee!! i didn't have to rock her at all!!
    xoxo

Sorry about your night Meg! I burp abby at the midnight feed, but she doesnt always cooperate! I try for a good 5 minutes, and then I put her down for sleep. If she doesnt sleep and grunts, I pick her back up and try again. She grunts in the morning from 5:00 on, but I dont think its wind, I think she is jsut stretching. She does it in her sleep for hours! Its funny! She is so loud that it wakes me up, and them I look and she has both hands up stretching in her sleep! Oh well!

If you think it is wind, it wouldnt hurt to get her checked out...maybe a simple thing like that could be the answer to her sleeplessness!

Abby's a callin, so I gotta go! She has been feeding every 4 hours, Im loving it!

:wave: Hello!

I dont mind missing Mothers Group on Monday really. I wont be missing out on anything and the only reason Im going is because Im so bored being home all the time, so if you guys want to make it Monday thats completely fine with me. Honest!!

Christie THANKYOU so much for giving me the url of jerseys. I just went and bought the dogs baby pack and it was only 19.95, but my team only have the bib, booties and a hat by the looks of it. I love the pack you got Owen its adorable!

Sarajo how funny is that LOL! Poor Don Lucky it wasnt something else she did in there Ohhh Im glad to see the meds might be working That would be so great! Jasmine does the stretching thing when she is sleeping too, its so cute, she gets her whole body into it, its funny to watch. I think thats why she hated being wrapped so much and would never sleep properly. Now she is free to kick and stretch all she likes and she never wakes herself up from it.

Meg I dont know if its the same because I FF, but no matter what I always burp Jasmine. I usually just roll her onto my chest from my arms and I lay back a bit so she is still kind of laying down IYKWIM? And then I burp her by rubbing her back, when usually in the day time I pat her? It doesnt seem to bother her, probably because she is used to it now though.

Beck, I hope the BIL goes for good real soon. I still cant believe he is that insensitive. Remember this time when he has his first child, and ring him up all the time, hang out at his house... just bug the crap out of him and never let him rest! Im glad the PIL are picking up on it though, still he should know better!

I feel like crap today, I have a headache from yesterday that I cant shake, I know it sounds silly but I think I need to go to the dentist and that might help. The pain seems to be coming from my teeth lol Jasmine is sleeping woo hoo and we have to go out to dinner tonight. I hope its not too loud for her and she is ok while we are there. Oh well there are plenty of people who only want me to go so I can bring Jasmine anyway LOL so they can deal with her if she starts screaming!

LOL umm next friday may not be good for me, I have an appointment at a family health center, but I think I can reschedule if I need to.
    Have to get back to cleaning whle Logan is sleeping

Ok, should we just stick with monday? otherwise we might never make a date again! If it's really ok with Kate, then I think monday should be it!!
    Kate, I do what you do and sort of role Coco onto my chest and rub her back, but usually I chicken out after about 30secs, so I'll keep trying. Although, it sounds as though they all stretch and make noises, so maybe Im just being super sensitive (I can hear a pin drop when Im asleep) and should just chill. THis morning Coco slept fro the whole 3 hours she was moving about, so really I should just try to sleep then too!!
    You'd think I'd remember this from DD1, but I can't remember a thing to be honest> I know I co-slept with her until 8 months, and she woke ever 1.5 hours, but that 's it. I suppose at least that says something, all this night waking can be forgotten!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta run, time to pick Tilly up. I've taken to walking to and from school, if only just to take up some time. i am sick of being in the house!! Im going to take both girls to woollies this arvo (with the pram) to get a couple of things, Im going to make a casserole that I saw in the recipe thread!!
    talk later xo

Waaaahhh...ANOTHER rough night. Except now she also has a wheezy chest as well as the cough & phlegm. I feel like such a bad Mum but there is no point taking her to the doctor again as there is nothing they can do for her due to her age.

We were wide awake and crying between 2am and 5am this morning. I think I got about 3 hours sleep in total the whole night, and not good sleep at that as I'm so on edge and worried about her breathing.

I think I'd better take the opportunity to have a nap now that she is finally asleep in her pram. I can't wait to have a healthy child!

P.S - Maddy is definately a size '000' girl at the moment but I tried on her light yellow size 00 Bonds growsuit and it almost fits her! So at least she is all rugged up today!

:wave:

Ok so its this coming Monday for the meet at The Greenwood? Im probably not going to be on much tomorrow, Jasmine has her shots at 11am and Im totally expecting the worst, but I will check as soon as I get the chance to see if everything is going ahead for the meet \/ Im totally fine with not going to mothers group, honest. If I had something else to do I probably wouldnt be going at all, ever!

Meg how did Coco go with her immunisation today? I hope she went well and is doing ok. Poor little thing! As long as she is safe and secure in her cot, when she is moving around and not crying, I'd be sleeping if I was you. Must be hard if youre a light sleeper, but maybe through the day you could sleep in Tillys room? If only just to get a good nap? I dont know, but if it was me Id probably be sleeping in the car LOL Jasmine cries when she wants to get up and out of her bed (the rocker) and thats pretty much when I get up.

Beck oh it sounds horrible, poor Maddy and omg 3 hours sleep? Well atleast you know that you know how to deal with her being sick! I think youre a great mum, you sound like you have it all under control! You shouldnt feel bad at all! I hope Maddy gets better soon though.

Well Jasmine has a monster heat rash, on the sides of her head, around the back of her ears and on her neck.... It looks horrible, but Ive been putting Penaten cream on it and its looking much better today. Also touch wood but I think her tear duct has become unblocked because this morning there was no sticky eye, and I went almost the whole day yesterday without having to bathe her eye too. Finally!! Almost 8 weeks of it!

Melly, Christie, Sarajo, Tiggy and Rach hope you are all doing well!!!!

Another hot day here, Im hanging out for winter. Ive been buying heaps of winter clothes in the hope that it comes early

I forgot to ask

What do you all bath your babies in?

I use a stand baby bath, but I think Jasmine is almost too big for it, when she stretches out, she hits her head on the top of the bath now I have these two things for the big bath, one is like the shape of your arm and its plastic, the other is like a cloth thing on a stand but Im a bit nervous to use them because she is sooooo active in the bath, Im pretty much saturated by the time I take her out?

Does anyone have the hammock thing? How does that work??

The appointment I had for next friday was moved to this morning. It was good to go and find out what services are available. I was given so many pamphlets and booklets, it was a little overwhelming. The lady gave me one about sex & motherhood (since I'm not interested in DTD, but DF is really bugging me ) I put it in the bit under the pram and when I got everything out to get on the bus, the booklet was gone! So now it is lying on the ground somewhere in Gosford lol I am embarressed and annoyed, but oh well. I was going to take Logan to the doctors today for his immunisations but I left his PHR at home, hehe, I'm not having a good day, attack of the nappy brain! I shall go tomorrow though. I keep feeling like I'm a day behind and telling myself "Don't worry it's only Wednesday" ](*,)

Kate, I bath Logan in a baby bath, but I think he will grow out of it soon. He loves to push with his legs when his feet touch the end of the bath and bangs his head on the other end of the bath if I don't pay enough attention. I also put him in a big bath, but that is only when I am in there with him. He loves to lie on my legs and kick, well I think he does anyway lol

Gotta go, Logan is awake and screaming heh

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast