Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #7

Good Afternoon ladies,

Firstly want to say to Tiggy you are a WONDERWOMEN, you Are truly amazing!! We are here for you always... There are days that I find the whole motherhood thing rather overwhelming, I can only imagine how full on your days must be!!!

Meg yay on Coco’s test results! What great news!!! Hannah is also getting christened on Sunday. Hope you are liking school!!

Beck, sorry to hear that Maddy is sick again. Hope Maddy stayed asleep for you this afternoon?

Sarajo can’t wait to see photos of Abby with her earrings.

This was a very quick catch up because Hannah is stirring and once again I have missed out on so much…

XXXXXXX

Rach, we'll both have christening photos to post next week!!
    I am having trouble with Coco's sleeping and wondering how you guys put your bubs to bed, as in wrap, sleeping bag etc. Im still wrapping but she is trying to eat her hands constantly. However if I don't wrap I have no hope of sleep.
    Any ideas appreciated xoxo
    ps Rach, we need to see some pics of hannah!! Do you not have a website anymore?

Meg - I haven't wrapped Maddy since she was really little (like 3 or 4 weeks old) because she can worm her way out of just about any wrap, no matter who does it. I have wondersuits which normally keep her warm and safe feeling; or I put her in a three-quarter length cotton coverall (without covered legs) and slip her inside her short-sleeved Piglet sleeping bag.

Rach - SO nice to see you in here again! Hope Miss Hannah is cruising along for you....I'm with Meg....any new photos of Hannah we can look at?

We went to the GP this afternoon...Maddy's chest/lungs are still clear which is great news. As for the rash....it DID start off as a scratch which got germy and then basically all of the drool from her teething has irritated it and stopped it from healing. We went out and bought some plastic backed bibs to try and keep her tops dry - and in turn her chest so the rash can heal.

Miss Madeline is crying in her Jolly Jumper so I'm off to get her settled for the evening. Be back later on!

Beck, that reminds me. Coco has had a spot on her chin (poor bub, reached adolescents already) and it is STILL there 5 weeks later. i put this down to her drool!! So now you've said it prevents it from healing, it's ok. Poor child has this red spot in all her photos!!
    The little bugger has done her shortest morning sleep in AGES. She's been doing over 2 hours but has only done 1/2 hour today. i have put her in her sleeping bag arms free, and put her back down. My mum had her this morn and had put her arms out anyway, so I think we're going to continue with that., she's just hating having her arms wrapped.
    She had a TERRIBLE night and I just let her cry from 12.30-1.30am, Im so over getting up to her, that I let her cry herself to sleep. Poor tilly said this morn that it woke her. I figure I'll give it a go for a few nigths and HOPE she starts to sleep better. I don't know why she's waking, her teeth seem ok, and she's definitely not hungry (she's packing on teh weight). So Im at a loss of what to do!!
    hope everyone has a good day xoox

:sleeping: :sleeping: Had a rotten night here too. I was up chatting online to friends overseas til midnight. Maddy had gone to bed at 9pm, and as I walked into the room at midnight she was awake and waiting for me. Not happy Jan, as she usually sleeps through til 3-4am.

So I feed her, she gets bad wind and spends the next two hours grumbling, grunting and wriggling. Wakes up again, roots around for boobie and then by 4am Ive had enough of the singing she starts doing in between the wriggling. Sit her up...explosive poo. Yes, just what I feel like at 4am with next to no sleep under my belt.

Back to bed....chatting/singing becomes louder. DH throws a tantrum and goes into the loungeroom to try and get sleep. Chatting continues, even with boobie in mouth. I feel my anger rising so up again (yet another wind-propelled poo) and Missy ends up in her cot for 10mins while I get my temper in check.

Again back to bed...Maddy starts up the same stuff again along with snotty snorting (due to cold) and I put her in pram in lounge room and I collapse on lounge. Ignore Maddy and wake up an hour later when DH puts a blanket on me. She is finally asleep. She sleeps for two more hours and I feel like Ive been run over by a train.

:fuming: So now Im a selfish, sleep-deprived Mummy and CRANKY. I think our babies have been in cahoots Meg!

I think the skin needs the opportunity to dry in order to heal Meg. Thats why we bought the plastic bibs as he said to do our absolute best to keep the drool off her chest so it can heal. I guess with Coco's chin its harder because off all the drooling. GP suggested zinc based cream to help heal (effectively nappy rash cream). Perhaps you could try a tiny dab of cream on her chin when she goes to sleep at night?

Good Morning guys!!!!

If i get a chance i will up date picturetrail today, i have just posted a few on there this morning. Passwords are on the front page..

Sorry to you both for having a bummer of a night. Well Beck no wonder you feel like you have been hit by a truck!! Maybe Maddy had an upset tummy so tonight will be a better night!!!! Make sure you lie down when Maddy does!!

Meg I stopped wrapping Hannah about 6 weeks ago, she sucks her Thumb to resettle herself during the night and plus I really think she was just hating it and it was causing her a little bit of an ordeal...
    We still do the bath feed and then sleep pattern at night. When Hannah wakes up during the night I feed her, For example last night she went to bed at 9.00 and then woke up at 4.00 she had a full feed put her back to bed she slept until 5.40 I try to resettled for about 40mins tried her on the breast and yes she was hungry again, she had another full feed. She woke up at 8.20 and I feed her at 8.50. Hannah is going about 3 hours between feeds during the day. I have an appointment with MCHN next week and I am wondering if she will suggest That Hannah starts on solids. I truly believe she is ready, I really wanted to wait until 6 months but I will do what Hannah tells me.

I better go, Got heaps of washing to do and plus I have a fair bit of running around to do before mothers group this arvo!!!

I hope you both get to have a rest during the day!!

Rach, she's gorgeous!! Sorry, forgot about picturetrail, Im hopeless!! She's grown sooo much!!
    Just got Coco to sleep after some hysterical crying. Im trying the sleeping bag, no wrapping. Anyway, going to try to get a quick nap in!!
    Rach, Coco up until a week ago, was sleeping similar to Hannah. She was doing 7.30p-between 3.30-5.30am then I'd feed and back to sleep. now she won't go down after a feed and is waking many times. I think it's either a stage, or it's her teeth. she has started solids and is loving them, but hasn't helped her sleep!! I started her about 2 days before 5 months and am really happy with the decision, she just loves it and gobbles it up. Im looking forward to starting some fruit next week. First im going to give rice cereal twice a day, starting friday.
    off for my nap (she'll wake up now I bet)!! xoxoxo

Meg & Beck, Logan and I had a bad night last night too. I only got about 3 hours sleep, Logan got a little more, but by 5am I had to just put him in his cot and let him entertain himself while I had a nap for half an hour. I had tucked him in nicely and when I went back in there he had his leg between the bars on the side of his cot and him pulling a blanket over his head. Thankfully he wasn't suffocating himself, just holding it above his face, but it gave me a scare.

But he wakes 3 - 4 times a night and has only ever slept all night once. It's driving me crazy, I just want one night where I sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. I'm going to try and get him in to a proper routine (sometimes things come up and I don't quite follow my plan for his bedtime), otherwise I will take him for a day stay at the family care cottage and see if they can help me.

Oh Melly, I hear you. Hope you and Logan have a better sleep tonight!

Funny you should mention the leg through the cot bars thing. Maddy did that yesterday during her day sleep. She'd gotten it so thoroughly stuck on an angle (she wiggles around the cot on her belly) and after crying for a few minutes; just lay there with her face in the blanket defeated.

Have you tried a sleeping bag? Sheets and blankets just freak me out now as she can escape a wrap in a few seconds and always manages to get them up around her face.

I have been thinking about it. Michaels Dad sent me money to buy some things for Logan, since he won't be able to see him for a while. So I will go and have a look for some tomorrow.

I must admit, I normally don't get too upset by the lack of sleep, just today was such a big day for us (went out at 8am, got home at 5pm) so I knew I wouldn't be able to have nap to catch up on my sleep. And I'd just gotten tired and fed up.

I put Logan to bed at 8pm, wrapped him, but left his arms out so he can suck on his thumb, and he's still asleep. So that it will last.

*crosses fingers that Logan stays asleep for a few hours yet for you* Maddy went down just after 8pm too. [-o< that she'll sleep til 2am at least.

oh Beck, your first post made me laugh, you paint such a vivid picture! You poor thing! I hope tonight's sleep is going much better!

I hope all of you are getting better sleeps!

Meg, Abby's chin has been breaking out for some time now, Im sure due to a combo of drool and spit up. Oh and I still wrap her with her arms out. She kicks out of her wrap about have the time but not till morning!

Rach Im gonna try to check out your pics now! Can you put the www on your profile so it is easier to remember the username? Its just that my mommy brain cant remember!

Awe she is so gorgeous Rach! I love the green outfit! I see where you have the username now! It would be easier if you had it on your profile that way it would be just a click! Yes, I am feeling lazy now! lol!

Its funny how I will see all your babies in their sweaters and warm clothes while you now will see Abby in her summer tank tops and swimwear! How cold does it get where you live? Does it snow? I am so naive! Here in TX it rarely snows, like every 7 years or so! It gets chilly, just enough to run the fireplace and wear a sweater, but no need for heavy snow coats or anything usually!

Wow 3 posts iin a row! I'll stop after this lol! I just had to tell you what happened last night!

jump jump jump...jump jump jump (for like .5 hour) jump jump silence! I run in to see my cheeky monkey slumped over in her jumperoo! She had played so hard she jumped herself right to sleep! Of course I had to take a picture! It is in her photo gallery along with a bunch of other new ones! \/

OMG Sara! *L* I love all of the new pictures of Abby, but especially the one of her asleep in her jumperoo! *LMAO* Hilarious stuff.

We had a better night last night - 8pm til 12:40am, 1am-4am and then 5am-8:30am. A few wake ups but I think it's directly relational to her cold and as a result she's extra hungry/thirsty. She's also been lapping at water out of cups so we're gonna get her a sippy cup tonight. She especially likes drinking boiled water that's chilled in the freezer out of her bottle because she can rub the cold teat against her gums. Funniest face ever when she swallows the cold water! hehe

I am so glad I have persevered with the sleep/nap-time for Maddy during the day. It was a bit disrupted last week as we went out three days in a row but we've been back in our sleeping pattern for four days now. She's gone from crying for up to 4 hours and refusing to sleep; to today where she barely cried for 5mins before she went to sleep. She's been asleep for an hour and a half now so YAYYYYY!!!! She shows tired signs of rubbing her eyes and getting grumbly around 10:45am and thats when I put her down. The last few days she's been asleep by 11am.

How are all of your day sleeps going ladies?

Great news on the sleeps Beck! Do you give Maddy water often? I never have with Abby!

Hey, I just sent you a movie of Abby (speaking of funny faces) let me know if you get it!

Generally speaking Sara, babies get all of the fluid they need in the breastmilk (not absolutely sure about formula but you'd think it'd be the same) so they don't need water at this age....

That said, lately Maddy has had a cold so I figured that extra fluids (water only) can't hurt her (GP said it was fine) and the earlier she gets used to drinking water the better for her. You can tell she gets 'brain freeze' from the cold water....it's funny stuff.

I give her the chilled water in her bottle a few times a day, she'd be lucky if she had 5mls at a time but she likes to suck and chew on it. It doesn't effect the length of her feeds so I'm happy to give it to her.

Be back soon....better run off and make some lunch because I'm sure Maddy will be waking up sometime soon, she's been asleep for 2hrs.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast