Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #9

Happy 5 months Abby!!! TIme has absolutely flown, we've got 6 months coming up in a week!!
    I just rang and booked in a week stay at tresillian (kind of sleep/routine school). Prob won't get in for a month or two, but I am OVER it. Coco had night from hell last night and woke about 5 times. Im just not coping well on the occassional good night sleep. I am so tired and grumpy. made worse by a whole lot of other crap, such as nits, sore bum (sorry but it is not improving), not being able to sell, daughter with rash still hanging about and nits, husband who is hardly here due to work and uni.
    Ok, having a bad day,but had to get it out. Thanks for listening.
    gotta run and change the girl. she had a crap night and only a 29 minute sleep this morning. GGGGRRRRRRRRR
    hope everyone is doing better than us! xoxoox

Owen is having a crappy day too..finally got him to sleep..but yesterday was great and by the book so i shouldn't complain..we went to sleep school on thurs last week.it was great and has def made a difference(mostly to me and routine i think!!)
    gotta go hes awake
    back later

Awe sorry for the crappy sleeps!

I hope sleep school works for Coco, meg! She and you both need it, aye?

dani - I have tried to email you and it keeps bouncing back to me as well. hmm... I have received 3 emails today on my bellybelly address so I'm not sure what is going on. You can email one of the other mods in the first post and let them know you are having trouble emailing me and they can forward it to me. Hopefully that will work

Hi Everyone Hope you are all doing well!!

I completely missed Leanne the other night due to visitors. I was not impressed I just dont understand why people constantly come over my house without calling first when they know Jasmine could be asleep or anything. Anyway I was glad to hear from her and catch up on her posts!

Sarajo OMG what gorgeous photos of Abby. Thankyou for sending them to me! Happy 5 months to Abby also! Its just gone so fast hasnt it.

Melly Sounds like Logan is having a hard time with his teeth. I wish Jasmines would all just come through at once. I think its so unfair that they have to suffer that pain too. I hope he is doing better and you are well also

Meg I hope sleep school can help you with Coco! Sounds like you are having a bit of a rough trot. to you and I hope everything gets better really soon

Tiggy How did you go at the chiropractor? Your ticker is SO CUTE! Im glad you loved bubsincharacter! Im so excited I cant wait to get Jasmines photos done and I will definitely show you when I get them!!

Beck I was thinking of you the other day... I hope I get this right... Was it you who had the business idea of putting wipes and all that in the parents rooms like the nappy machines? I swear you should do it. I was in the parents room the other day and this woman came in and her son had made a big mess and she said because she was only up the shops briefly she didnt bring anything with her. So lucky the nappy machine was there, mind you they looked like pretty crap nappys considering it was $2 for 2 but she had no wipes and she said "Why wont anyone put wipes in a machine like this. Maybe powder, disposable change mats and things we need" and it made me think of your idea. I think maybe you should contact the nappy dispenser machine people and see if they want in on it or something!!

Dani I hope your cousin is ok. Im very sorry to hear that happened.
    With the teats. I use Avent bottles and in the past couple of weeks Ive only moved up to number 3's. To be honest I would have preferred there to be a 2.5 because on the 2's Jasmine seems to suck very hard as if not enough comes out, and on the 3's too much comes out! But with moving up to a follow-on formula... I was told its not really neccessary for atleast the first year. Only if they are not putting on weight or seem unsatisfied etc then change it at 6 months. I wont be changing to it just yet. Jasmine is perfectly happy and has more than enough weight LOL but maybe check with the MCHN if you do want to do it, but all in all its entirely up to you I think. Im also about to add you to my msn messenger and if I ever remember to sign in Im sure I will hopefully catch you on there too.

Ok Im sure Ive forgotten someone but Im soooooo freezing right now I will have to catch up later. Its pouring rain here and it must be 10 degrees or something. I miss last winter! Last winter I wasnt even cold at all. True its because I was incubating LOL but still it was nicer than this. Its just freezing!!

Goodnight everyone and I hope all of your little ones sleep well!

Love Abby's photos Sarajo!! So cute. You guys are the best at dressing her up and making her look so adorable!! I should do that more often!
    Kate, good to hear from you, wondered what happened to you on sat night!!
    After my girls pathetic 29 minute sleep this morn, she had two hours in the pram at the shops! I met a friend for lunch and had a look around. Ended up laybying a gorgeous jacket from Esprit. Winter will prob be over by the time i've paid it off!!
    I went up to the blue mountains yesterday with my mum for the day, and only had a thin jumper on. I froze. Just saw on the news it snowed there after we left!! No wonder i was so cold!
    Sleep vibes to all!! xoxxo

Hey ladies!

Had a nice day out and about with Maddy & my MIL. Went to Ipswich so Maddy caught up with her two cousins...they were so cute together! She didn't have a sleep today except for the 45min drive to Ipswich but she was happy until about 5:30pm.

She's now having a cry but Daddy is settling her in her sleeping bag so she goes off to sleep soon.

Im with Meg, Sarajo....AWESOME photos of Abby as a cheerleader! They are way too cute! hehehe Oh, and HAPPY 5th MONTH BIRTHDAY ABBY! Hope you're doing well Sara.

Meg...wow, that sounds really cold! Great to hear that Coco slept while you're at the shops. Why is it when they're out and about they're either sleeping like little angels or screaming up a tantrum? *rolls eyes*

Danni...I can't really talk as Maddy isn't really bottlefed, but on the occasion that I do up a formula bottle, I am now using the Avent '2' teats...I haven't got any of the '3' to try but she gags during my letdown so it's probably not Maddy. How is your cousin doing?

Kate...ya, it was me with that marketing idea. I have no idea how you go about the process...maybe I should look up some advising company or something? I feel like such a bimbo because I have no business acumen. *L* Sorry to hear your friends keep descending on your doorstep unannounced!

Well, I'm off to make DH a coffee in return for walking laps of the lounge room with Maddy to put her off to sleep. Nothing much planned for tomorrow....only heading over to my Dad's tomorrow night for a semi-quiet State-of-Origin party.

Have a fantastic night's sleep ladies! *sleep vibes to all babies*

Hi Ladies,
    Hope you are all doing great. Not good news about my cousin he is brain dead , but the decision now is when to turn it off, being my Aunty & Uncles only child it is going to be the worst thing they would ever have to do. Sorry to start of so crappy.
    I am doing okay, think it will really sink in when I go to see them; they are still not wanting any family or friends at the hospital.
    Anyway on a better note, Jett loves his walker, I put him in it and he goes crazy. He has worked out how to turn this toy on and now he just does it over and over. Arrrhhh!!!!
    I have done his web page it is; http://www.babiesonline.com/members/...p?be=j/jettboy
    Password: jett
    Meg – I am really feeling for you . I do know what it is like to run on no sleep and still try to function. You sound like you are doing a great job, especially seeing you have Tilly as well.
    I was really, really questioning why I wanted to have a baby when the sleep thing was at it’s worse.
    I really hope that the sleep school helps and I am positive that it will.
    Jett used to wake every hour through the night for about two months and now he is great.
    Everyone else I will do personals tomorrow when Jett is sleeping.
    Sorry I am going to call it a night
    Take Care

Oh Dani I am so sorry about your cousin! :hugs: I will keep your family in my prayers!

I love Jetts website! The pictures are adorable! He is so cute in his little car! Its nice to see you too, and put a face with a name! What a good looking family!

Thank you all for the comments on the cheerleading pics! I need to put a couple on her website for all to see! We have so much fun dressing her up, she is my little baby doll!

MAN did I get some sleep last night! I went to bed at 11:00, got up at 5:00 (abby talkin) back to bed and up to pump at 6:30, back to bed and up to feed at 8:00, back to bed and up at 10:00!!! I am sooo lazy today! lol! I hope you all are getting a lot of rest as well!

Well, it is not MAddy's 5 month yet here, but by the time yall read this it will be, so Maddy too!

You have NAPPY MACHINES?? We do not have them here in the US yet! What a wonderful idea to add wipes and lotion and stuff! Maybe even a dummy machine! Those could come in handy!!

KAte and Meg, it is so weird you al talking about the freezing weather! IT is sooo hot here! I cant even sit outside for an hour because it is sooooo hot! Summer is here for awhile! lol!

Sara, we don't really have nappy machines as such, just more of an idea that my DH & I wanted to do. We have little nappy dispensers like tampon/pad machine that gives you one option of nappy size and it's not even a brand name nappy.

Danni - I am SO sorry about your cousin, I'll be praying for your family and for a quick passing for him.

HAPPY 5th MONTH BIRTHDAY my darling Maddy girl!

Happy 5 months Maddy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dani, so sorry to hear about your cousin, my heart goes out to the poor parents, it must be hard for them to go on.
    I love the pics Dani, it looks like Jett has lovely long eyelashes!! Coco is blessed with those too! (don't know who they came from though)!!
    Good sleep Sarajo!! We did ok last night, 7pm-2.30am and then awake again at 5.30am, this is because of stupid paper delivery guy. He wakes her up all the time. im taking a complaint letter to my local newsagents today adn telling them to tell the delviery guy to SHUT UP!!! The old biddies get their papers delivered, and if this guy doesn't stop the noise, they will have to find someone else to deliver their papers!!
    Enough whinging, gotta go and make tilly's lunch and put some washing on.
    xoxo

Hello ladies!
    Happy 5months Maddy!
    I keep missing Logans months, I remember, but get side tracked and never tell him he's officially a month older LOL

sarajo, the pics of Abby on her website are adorable! Congrats on the good sleep!

Dani, so sorry to hear about your cousin I love Jett's website.. He's so cute. And what a good looking family you all are too..

Meg, Grr at the silly paper delivery guy Glad you had a better sleep last night though..

Thank you all for the ideas about Logan and his teething. I got him some teething rusks yesterday. They help a bit, but I gave him one while we were out and didn't have a bib so by the time we got home he and I were covered in soggy bits of rusk! Plus my dogs now think they're some kind of dog biscuit so they sit and watch him carefully when he has one. They'd never snatch it off him though, thankfully.

Yesterday was PND group, so the childcare ladies there were looking after Logan. I went to pick him up after and they said he'd been quiet and he has a fever. I felt so bad, he didn't seem sick when we left in the morning. So then I went to see about getting some idea to help him sleep more. She didn't want to push him since he was sick. He didn't even cry when I put him to bed, just lay there making babble noises and playing with his feet. The lady helped me get him to sleep for 2 hours, in the middle of the day! That rarely happens. So I think he felt a little better. He slept from 8:30pm last night until 6am this morning!
    Sorry for rambling. Gotta go play with him, I think he's getting bored. Have a good day everyone
    Last edited by Melly01; May 24th, 2006 at 10:38 PM.

Awe I hope Logans fever is down! Love the new ticker!!!

5:30 paper delievery? I would be sooo mad!! Tell them they will have to buy coco baby ear plugs! lol!

American Idol is on, so I gotta go! Do you all get to watch that? Taylor Hicks is gonna win I think!

Sarajo, we haven't got American Idol this time. i LOVED it last year (soooo wanted Bo Bice to win though)!! We have Aussie Idol here, but Big Brother is on at the moment and our Ido l will be on in a few months.
    We also had Biggest Loser at the beginning of this year, I LOVED it!! Just saw in a mag yesterday that gorgeous Fiona is now dating my old best friends brother!! He is a little stunner too, always was cute but too young for me!!
    Going to have a cupper now. Im watchign the Great Escape (mine thing with Tracy Grimshaw) that I recorded the other night. Pretty boring, although quite amazing too.
    xo

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been round much today but I probably won't be back again til tomorrow morning after the State of Origin.

Grrr....Maddy will not sleep today again. Daddy has been home from work sick today so she think's it's party time.

Have fun at your footy party Beck!! Hope Maddy sleeps for you. Little devil not sleeping today! Always the way when daddy is home, party time!
    Tilly is just reading a book to Coco. Very cute, but coco is getting stroppy. There's only so many books she can read to her before Coco starts to lose the plot! (it is after 5pm, to be expected). Anyway, better get the bath ready.
    Have a good sleep everyone. I dropped a letter to the newsagents this afternoon, lets hope the delivery guy is quite and doesn't want revenge adn get louder!!
    xoxo

Hello Ladies,
    Hope you are all doing very well. Thanks for all of you prayers and thoughts for my cousin and the family. He is still on life support and I guess that he will remain there until my Aunty and Uncle have the strength to turn it off. It is the only thing keeping him alive, he is not going to get better but it is going to be so hard for them.
    Again thanks heaps, you are all a great bunch of Girlies…
    Anyway want to hear something funny…. I went to the doctors to get my stiches taking out and guess what they are dissolvable. What an idiot, no one told me that, they just said make an appointment in 10 days time.
    Meg – I know what you mean about the paper, we get ours delivered and they throw it that hard that it hits the house with a thud. It makes the dogs bark and that wakes him up, one big circle.
    Meg he has the longest lashes it is not funny. His dad has very long ones, I one put mascara on Ben’s and it looked like they were fake they were that long, no fair.
    I am glad Coco has long lashes cause I only ever see boys with them so it is about time the correct sex got allocated them. Bless her.
    Beck – Forgive me but is state of origin rugby? I am from Victoria and it is AFL town around here, Jett and I go for the Cats as we and they are from Geelong.
    Happy Birthday Maddy.
    Sarajo – hope you liked Jett’s site, I loved checking out Abby’s she is such a cutie. Drop me an email when you up date it, I love looking at them all. We are all blessed to have such good-looking kids. Sarajo don’t worry about sleeping in we all have too, I am lucky if I get dressed before 12 noon everyday, Today I did and I felt great.
    Mel – Jett never goes anywhere without a bib, it is a pain sometimes cause he has some really cute tops but they are always covered by bibs. I find that they have to be plastic backed cause he gets so wet from all of the drool.
    I bet that if I let my dogs inside that they would steal Jett’s as well, they used to come into sleep but I got stick of vacing the hair up all of the time.
    I love Logan’s new ticker, it is fantastic.
    What a great sleep!!! Bet you were happy with that Mel. Have you been to a sleep clinic thing?
    Tiff – Your babies are just so cute, it would be hard to get a shot of the two of them together as they both properly want to do their own thing.
    What is bubsincharacter I have never heard of it??
    Not sure if I mentioned before that I took Jett to the Chiropractor for his sleeping issues. We were having 2 sessions a week, it did help and he was out of alignment. They say that if caesarean babies don’t have a compressed spine because they are not pushed out.
    How did it go??
    Hope everyone else is doing great.
    Take Care
    Goodnight

Question How much and how often are your feeds? I feel like I give Abby a bottle after most peoples babies are already in bed! Her feeds go like this:

8:00 * 177.4 ml
    11:00 * 118-177.4
    2:00 * 118-177.4
    5:00 * 118-177.4
    8:00 * 118-177.4
    10:30 * 118-177.4

Edited to add: Hey Dani! Abby has 5 bibs wherever she goes since she spits up and drools so much! For pictures its take the bib off ...click...hurry put it back on! lol! I'll have to add you to my email list to get all abbys new pics and videos! You have a good night sleep! Im just getting up! lol!
    Last edited by sarajo; May 24th, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast