Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005

Tiggy - Ivy & Noah are sooo gorgeous! Hope you are all well and bubs are progressing well!

Sorry, my bad. The gripe water I have has Sucrose in it, so a natural sugar at its simplist form I guess. MIL says that sugar helps with bowel movements or something which is why people give constipated babies things with malt in it... Well it made sense when she explained it. I felt like a bad mother for giving logan something with sugar in it lol but she said it's fine. At least it doesn't have alcohol in it like it used to heh

Oh maybe thats the one I should be using then? Poor Jasmine seemed so constipated last night, and then this morning she woke me up because she was screaming, anyway I checked her nappy and it was soooo awful. It was all very thick, not at all like the black tar looking stuff I have seen her do everyday normally. So its not just wind, she is having trouble doing number 2's. I might put a little gripe water in with her next bottle. I know I was told to expect it to happen alot considering she is bottle fed, but still its so hard on her, Id rather give her something for it than watch her go through that again!

Thanks for your help!

We had the worst night ever. Coco slept about 3 hours out of 10 (not in a row). I am in a shocking state. With the gripe water, do youjust give it when needed? I am finding that the brauer one is not working and it says you can give it every half hour for four doses, but that's a bit often for me, so I haven't been doing that. Just seems alot for her little body. I will get gripe water if it's only one dose.
    She's whinging now (even though she hasn't slept) so Im going to change her, top her up and put her down again. I NEED SLEEP....as Im sure she does!!!
    Gemini, I hear you with the boobs. NIGHTMARE. I have never been in so much pain or so uncomfortable. At least it passes in a day or two.
    talk soon xoxoxo
    PS Tiggy, going to check your photos out now xoxo

Tiggy, they're beautiful and I have been meaning to say that I love their names xoxo

Tiggy they are gorgeous!!

Aw Meg I so feel for you, like Shannon said the first few weeks with Matilda she slept in bed with me so I would only have to roll over & swap bb's. I couldn't have coped with the every 2 hour feeds otherwise, and ours lasted 10 weeks...so I had her in bed with us until we got longer times inbetween night feeds.

Kate for tummy time when Matilda was really little we would put her over on our laps and hold her head with our hands or we would lay down & have her tummy on our bellies so she could look at us, another trick is over the fit ball so we would hold her on there so she would have a rounded way so her face wasn't smooshed.

Kate, I hope you find some thing that works for her soon. I know I can't stand to see Logan in pain with his wind.

Meg, the gripe water I have says you give them 5mLs and at 2 hour intervals if needed, but no more than 6 doses in 24 hours.

He got worse last night. He was being passed from me, to MIL, to DF. Because I can't eat dinner with just one hand. He wouldn't let anyone put him to bed, he'd just cry. We were all trying to burp him since he kept squirming around like he had tummy pains. Plus he seemed to want to be fed constantly, but only for a few minutes at a time. We ended up sleeping in a single bed last night with him on my chest since he wouldn't sleep in his bassinet and I was afraid DF would roll over on to him in our bed.

I felt so bad this morning after only a couple of hours sleep and him still being restless and crying. I was sitting in bed cuddling him, bawling my eyes out. I feel like a bad mother, I don't know what is exactly wrong with him and I don't know what else I can do to help him, apart from cuddles which he is happy with for a little while and then he gets upset. A midwife is coming here tomorrow so I will see what she says, maybe she can think of something that I haven't tried yet.

He is quiet at the moment, well fussing, but at least he's not crying. I am going to take him down the street and see if the walk in the pram makes him sleep.

Mel I UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was crying in bed most of the night and this morning!!! AND, I've done it before!! So don't you feel bad!
    The first few months are the worst because it's such a HUGE learning curve. We have no idea why they're crying and can only try our best (and try feeding, rocking, walking etc). It's hard when they cry and it's really really draining. At least you know you're not alone. I find Coco is most unsettled around dinner time and then during the night. I think she thinks morning to after noon is night time. Little bugger!!!!!!!!!
    Im going to get the gripe water I think and try that out. Guess we've got to keep trying things until we find what suits our little one. Im also going to give her some water in a bottle tonight before bed and see if that helps. Some of the girls said it can help with the wind.
    I have Coco in her rocker now. Mother in law bought it and it vibrates. I said I would NOT get batteries and vibrate her to sleep. Well, that's exactly what Im doing now! ANYTHING for peace!!!
    Gemini, thanks, I'll send you the photos, I just didn't want to bother you with a newy, but it sounds like you're getting the most sleep!! I truly hope it keeps up, and being bottle fed, it might well. Im so looking forward to seeing more photos of Jasmine (and of Logan). Our december babies so far are sooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! xoxoxo

Shannon, I have had her in bed doing the lying down feeding. It has been working, but last night was a shocker. She just wouldn't settle after any feed. She didn't cry, but if I left her she would start crying after a while. She tried to poo the whole night (ended up doing two) but it didn't seem to settle her or stop her trying some more...

Thanks. Im just trying to tell myself I have a particularly alert baby whom does not like to sleep and that I will be ok!! Just went for a walk and a woman came up to me to look at the baby. SHe asked her name, and when I said Coco, who doesn't like to sleep, she said "Well, with Coco as a name of course she doesn't want to sleep, she's a party girl"!! OH PLEASE NO!! She was really sweet about it, but I thought she's prob right, I've caused this!!!
    Anyway, after a one hour walk no closer to sleep. She has had 2 hours this morn (if that) and that's it, it's now 2pm and she only had 3 hours over night. So in a 24 hour period we're looking at 5 hours. I just don't get it, WHY MY BABY????
    HOpe everyone is having a good day adn getting heaps of rest!! xoxo

oh meg I feel for you!! When is your next check up with the child health nurse or Dr? Mention to them, I know there are a few day centres that help with bf & settling & some (not all) even encourage gentle parenting. Get those feelers out because you do need your sleep *hugs*

How's this for annoying. She went to bed at 4pm and is still asleep 6pm. THis is not the time for her to be having her long sleep (3 hours is her max) as Im worried she won't sleep tonight. Anyway, seems she won't sleep at night anyway, so Im going to let her sleep now. The poor thing needs it. I've got the water ready to give her and Im going to add gripe water to it.
    I just HOPE we get some sleep tonight as Im so tired. Can't rest now, it's tillys dinner and bath time, so IM hoping for some night sleep. FINGERS CROSSED!!! How's everyone else going?? xox

Melly Omg Thankyou so much for mentioning gripe water. Jasmine is so content right now. She has done quite alot of poohs now, probably catching up on what she didnt get to do, and she is passing wind even in her sleep. I cant thankyou enough :flower: Im sooooo happy. I just put 2mls in her bottle, and it made so much of a difference.

I was actually getting distressed myself when I saw how much pain she was in. Its a horrible feeling to be so helpless, but do know that you are not a bad mother. If we could have perfectly happy babies all the time, Im sure we would be the most coveted women on the planet. Its very hard, but the truth is, none of us know how to settle a baby 100% of the time. Sometimes babies just need to cry. Sometimes Mums do too!

Meg, I dont know how you are awake. Seriously. I would be at Karitane or Tressilian right now with no bags packed or anything lol. I would have shown up on the doorstep in my pjs! Maybe try the gripe water for Coco. I can really say that it has helped Jasmine alot today. And me too!

Youre both doing great and I would be lost if neither of you were here! I thought Gripe Water was the stuff you put in your Iron when you needed to clean it for goodness sake lol!!

The DMP midwife said that I look like I have enough milk to feed the whole postnatal ward right now LOL! Not only is it bad enough that I have to lie in my bed while she checks my stitches, but now she got me to flash her LOL. Im hanging on to my dignity by a thread I swear. Atleast she was satisfied with everything and wont be coming back. Jasmine has put on weight so its all good.

Anyway big night happening here. So I best go and get ready. Im dreading hopping into the shower .... ouch ouch ouch ouch Might get in with my back to the water!

Gemini, I think we posted together!! I have emailed you some pics.
    Good luck with the ex tonight, let us know how it goes. At least you're relaxed now, glad to hear Jasmine responded well to the gripe water! I have my boiled water in a bottle waiting to add gripe water before bed. SHe is sleeping now and Im hoping it is not a bad thing that she's sleeping so close to night time. Anyway, we will soon find out!!!
    Have a good night and talk to you tomorrow xoxo

Thank you Kate & Meg.
    The Midwife came today. She was really nice. Logan has grown 2.5cms and he's gained some weight though I'm not sure how much. She said I am doing well and taught me how to settle him so that he doesn't have to have some one hold him all the time (but he still does get cuddles). It was good to have a talk to someone who doesn't live here or who isn't family. I got to have a big cry as well and then we both settled Logan down and I got to have a nap for 2 hours this afternoon YAY!

She also called my caseworker who is coming tomorrow to see me. I am really looking forward to it, he's a lovely man and is really suited to his job. He's Irish and I just love his accent too LOL. Plus another Midwife is coming to visit next week. I wasn't too sure if I actually wanted someone to come by today but I'm glad she did and I'm looking forward to any check-ups before I have to move. DF has decided we're moving some time in the week after new years if possible. I am really going to miss the support system I have set up here, but I hope I'll be happier near my family.

Sorry for rambling, I just have more time on the computer at the moment since I just gave Logan a feed and a bath, and MIL is giving him a cuddle for a little while.

We had a better night last night. MIL & I made "honey, spice & chocolate biscuits" so I got to snack on those in the middle of the night while BF. They were supposed to be christmas biscuits but we didn't have any cookie cutters in christmas shapes and the red food colouring didn't look too great so they turned out being round with blue strawberry flavoured icing. LOL We called them our smurf biscuits, but I keep insisting I just did them like that to celebrate Logan being born heh.

I hope you're all having a good day.

Mel, glad things are going well and glad the midwife was so helpful. All sounds good and sometimes we just need someone to talk to who isn't part of our family!!
    I have given up on the gripe water. I just sat down and massaged Coco's belly for about 20 minutes and she did two huge poos and two wee's!! Im hoping she will go to sleep after I feed her now. In a way I don't want to feed as it might upset her tum again. At least I know I can massage for a while and it might help. I gave up on the gripe water (and all colic medicine's) because I find actually giving them to her a nightmare. THe first lot was syringe in mouth and she gagged and spat it out, and the gripe water is in a bottle of water which she won't drink. Decided to try alternate methods and see how we go. Tomorrow she's booked into the chiro, so hopefully he'll help her. I find she doesnt' scream or cry in pain, but she sounds constipated and it goes on ALL night, just major grunting and straining.
    Anyway, enough crapping from me.
    Mel, Im sure you'll be happy once you move and settle. The thought of moving is not great, but once it's done you'll be happy. Sounds like the inlaws are great too.
    Talk to you tomorrow, Gemini I hope you've had a good day. I also hope the others are in labour and will join us soon!!! xoxoxo

*hugs* meg I hope Coco & you get some relief!!!

Guys very excited, after massaging her little belly she did sleep for about 3 hours and then woke at midnight, I fed her again and she slept another 3 hours. VERY good for us!! So the belly is going to get lots of massages. It got worse through the night and I didn't want to wake her by massaging, so I will be doing alot during the day. Also hoping chiro works today.
    The other thing I did was to actually sit up and feed her in bed instead of lying down, as she falls straight to sleep that way and wakes after an hour. so hoping this all works again tonight!!!
    Hope everyone else slept ok. talk soon xoxox

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast