Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005

:wave:

Hi Everyone. I hope you have all had good sleeps!

I cant believe how hot it is here. Im too worried to take Jasmine outside, let alone in the car! Im going to have to leave her with Mum so I can get my last minute shopping done... probably on Friday though!

Tomorrow, I have a midwife coming out to my house. She called me from the Baby Clinic, and asked would I be coming in? I said I would be, but I didnt know when I was supposed to etc, so she said she will just come out to the house tomorrow morning and we will discuss everything. Im completely overwhelmed by all of the support. She is coming at 9.30am, and I told her Jasmine doesnt get up until after 10am, she said Im very lucky lol!

Also I managed to get my 6 week appointment with Dr Melvyn Polon YAYYAYAYAY so Im really happy! He wrote Paediatrician in my Pocket, which is a great 'instruction manual' for baby. Kind of Like Robyn Barker's, Baby Love book? Anyway, he charges through the nose lol but I really wanted to go and see him. Even if he is an hour away. YAY for me, double YAY for Jasmine.

Meg YAY for the 3 hours! Belly Massage sounds like the way to go with Coco! I tried it on Jasmine, and she was just like a balloon with the air being let out of it! I hope it keeps working for you. If I wasnt bottle feeding, I imagine it would be quite hard to give medicine, so I dont blame you for giving up. How did Coco go with her chiro?

Mel Sounds like you have a great support network!!! It must have been so relieving to talk to someone, and have a cry. I bet your body was happy for the rest and relief too. I think you will be happier when you move closer to family, but I hope you also have a good support network with the midwives and caseworkers etc when you move too. You can never have too many of them I think! Hope Logan was good for you today and you got to have another rest!

Well its about time for me to wake Jasmine, so I should go... I cant believe this time last week I was in labour! So weird.

Also Im having sharp afterpains ... does this last long? I thought I wasnt supposed to get them, but bloody hell they hurt so much, its like how I felt during the false labour with contractions. Im also told that my stitches should start to come out soon, cant wait for that!

Hi Kate!!
    I have found my stitches have gone, probably after about 15 days all up. I also had afterpains for about 10 days. Sometimes they were very painful!! But all that is gone now thankgoodness!!
    Chiro was good. He said she was out of place in two spots, one was digestion, teh other bowel, so that could explain the noises and wind!! Im hopeful, he's been such a fantastic chiro to my family, so Im sure he'll help with Coco. Anyway, she's a bit unsettled today (what's new) but the heat is DISGUSTING and I've had to take the poor baby out twice, chiro and then school pick up. That was the worst as it was the hot part of the day.
    Anyway, we're home with air con now and that's the main thing! Not looking forward to the heat wave over christmas. Dreading it actually!!!
    Anyway, Tilly is hot and bothered and being quite demanding so I'd better go. talk later oxox

Kate, is that a new pic of Jasmine??? Shes so cute, I need to see more pics!!! xoxo

Yep Meg, I keep updating the ticker lol

I will put some more photos on the site later on I promise

15 DAYS for the stitches? :shock: Bloody hell, I thought it would be like one week. Bugger, oh well 9 more days I guess! Atleast there isnt many days left of the afterpains, I hope. I find myself just stopping whatever Im doing because it feels like I cant walk another step. As if being pregnant and giving birth isnt enough??

Chiro sounds like it went well. Theyre so clever chiropractors arent they? I hope they can help her. I feel like seeing one for myself!

Sooooo glad your a/c is in now! Imagine if you didnt have it? This heat is just too much. Glad that school is nearly over, (tomorrow I think??) so no more picking up Tilly until next year! Still we have to leave the house at some stage, which is not fair at all. But I was thinking the other day, can you imagine having babies in Winter? How cold would it be? I doubt I could drag myself out of bed at 5am and that if it was freezing. So Ive weighed it up and summer is better IMO!

Well I decided not to wake Jasmine for her feed, and she is still asleep :sleeping: I get so nervous I keep going in her room and checking on her. I better wake her up now though, or else she might not want to sleep tonight, and that wont be fun. But I think it has been about 5-6 hours since she was last awake :shock: Yep, time to change her nappy.... She totally hates that LOL

Wow Kate, I can't believe how long she sleeps!! We so have the opposite problems!!! It is hard waking them though, when they look so peaceful sleeping!!! Coco is not too keen on nappy changes either, but she's ok sometimes. When I massaged her tum, I gave her nappy free time!! She really likes that and she LOVES baths (but hates getting out).
    Looking forward to seeing more pics!! I found some today of Tilly when she was 3 weeks and I showed her and she thought they were Coco!! Really bizarre how similar they are considering they have different dads!! It's my strong dominant genes!!
    Did your ex come over last night? What did he think of Jasmine. I know what you mean about feeling sorry for him. Even though I get on really well with Tilly's dad, I often wonder how on EARTH he can bear to be away from her (he went back to the UK this year). I just can't comprehend that. i can't comprehend anyone not wanting to be with their children or babies.
    I also LOVED the fact that his whole family are in Uk. Call me selfish, but I didn't have to share Tilly with anyone. Im quickly learning it's quite differnt with Coco. Dh's family think she's theirs and I feel like shouting "she's mine, not yours'. Think I was spoilt with Tilly!!
    enough crapping on!!! coco is having a little nap, I just hope it lasts longer than 45 minutes today!! xoxo

Its sooooooo hot! I barely got any sleep. I had the a/c pumping until 4.30am, and now Ive been up for about an hour and its been on the whole time! So disgusting. Even Jasmine felt a bit hot when I picked her up this morning, but she didnt seem bothered.

The midwife will be here at 9.30am. I really hope she doesnt have to check me too. Im through with being checked over!

Meg, thats so cool that Tilly thought the photos of her, were of Coco! Tilly does look exactly like you come to think of it!

The ex did come over. He got all emotional and had a big sooky cry, while I stood there and just watched. Im such a cold hearted ***** sometimes :evil: But in the end, he understands. Hes definitely not going to fight me on anything, and I said anytime he wants to see her, all he has to do is call, and I'll try my best. We'll just see what happens. It was quite weird to see him so close and in person again, I knew Jasmine looked like him, but when I saw him, I saw pretty much all of her features right there in his face. He saw them too, so I think thats what upset him the most! Hopefully we can remain on amicable terms for Jasmines sake, but if we cant, then we cant and Im not prepared to have a negative relationship with anyone as far as Jasmine is involved!
    It was funny though, I really felt like he was holding my baby. As if he had no connection other than any other visitor. I kept going over that in my head... I wonder how different things could have been, or knowing me, if I would have been exactly the same and treated him like a 3rd party! Probably the latter :evillaugh:

Well on the good side, I think my breasts have gone down a bit. They dont seem to be aching so much now, perhaps Im used to it, but Im pretty sure its easing up. One whole cabbage a day is what I have been using. I STINK. I hate cabbage too, which makes it even worse, but I can smell it soaked into my skin Still, they worked though! Also I think my body is almost back to normal already! If it keeps up like this, then by next week I should be back to my old self. I cant see any changes at this stage, I really look like my old self, same old curves, same old shape! Cant complain about that, I thought it would take heaps longer!

Ok I better go and shower so I dont smell like cabbage soup while the midwife is here.

Today is supposed to be the "Longest Day"of the year, so lets hope we all have a good one!! :flower:

LOL my ticker says

"Jasmine is old"

Time to get a new one again I think. Maybe I should find another site altogether

Classic about your ticker Kate, that's Hilarious!!!!!
    Glad all went well with the ex, just take it as it comes, that's teh way to go. And don't worry, I think all the time (with DH's fam) that they're holding "my" baby!! I'd better not let them know Im thinking that!!!
    Coco slept terribly! I am so over this. She will go to sleep adn within 5 minutes without fail she will start trying to do a poo until she gets so upset and starts crying. That is our night all night every night. I am back to the chiro tomorrow and I just hope it starts working. It never works first visit, but I guess I wanted a miracle or something.
    Good news is DH is off work for 10 days, so he can help a bit more.
    Hope everyone's well, Id better go and have a shower. Good luck with the midwives Kate!!
    I too am back to my old self. Im amazed how quick I've lost my weight. I put it down to getting up so much at night and coco eating me alive!!!
    talk soon xoxxo

Hi Girls,

I can't believe we have our bubs!!it felt like this would never come all those weeks ago, and now it feels like its never been any different..we have a rello free morning and need to go to get groceries(and also some clothes for me)

i know what you mean about your body..mine is pretty much back to normal to(have a little pot belly still..)and have even felt like BDing(doc said we have to wait 6 weeks)i certainly did not expect to feel this good, but i think its got to do with the fact that owen sleeps so well and also that ben is home to help until 9th of jan and has been getting up in the night if he needs to(we've only had 2 unsettled nights since we got home though)so its all good..

also about wanting people to give your baby back..i know exactly what you mean, when rellos are here i only get to cuddle him because he needs feeding and although breastfeeding is going great with no probs i always take him into our room when rellos are here, just so i can have some time with him..poor ben doesn't get a look in..it is very annoying!!

once all settles down i will be on more, but i'm going to try to jump on to catch up and say hi as often as i can..

have a great day!!!

Christie, good to hear all is going well!!
    I just got sent a card and the middle bit was so cute I had to write it: (it's a girl card, but obvioulsy just put him in instead)!!!
    "you'll fall head-over-heels in love and Everything about her
    will make you wonder how you ever lived without her".
    I just love that, because I do wonder that already! Doesn't it seem like they've always been here. Coco is 3 weeks today, and being in hospital, and in labour seems a million years away to me. As much as I want to scream and cry in the middle of the night when she's not sleeping, I just can't believe she's here and how much I love her. And already I see her growing and know its' going too fast. (Look at Tilly, 8 next year and she is still my baby)!!!!
    Hope everyone is having a good day. Very exciting for Sarajo, who hopefully is going to join us very soon!!! And I hope Beck and Leanne do too, REALLY soon!! xoxoxo

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

I am really struggling with having Ivy and Noah in the hospital, me being home, the other kids needing me, having to go in for breastfeeds, relying on other people to be here for my other kids and have them renig at the last minute.

I just want them home. Worried I am getting PND... *sigh*

I'm so tired and stressed.

It is so very hot out here, although it was better today. my other kids have been swimming and have been so good and patient with me today.

Meg, sorry to hear that you are having a bad time with Coco not sleeping. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Hi everyone else, hope you are enjoying your beautiful bubs.

Becki, thanks for saying my babies are cute

Tiggy, you poor thing. I feel selfish whinging about lack of sleep when I see what you have to deal with. When can your babies come home? I truly don't know how you do it. Anyway, always feel free to come and vent here, especially if you feel PND coming on.
    I can hear Coco crying, Im really having trouble settling her.
    talk later xoxo

tiggy Guest

Oh No, Meg, I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I would be beside myself too if my little ones weren't settling. It's a helpless situation, you just don't know what to do for them to help them and you are tired and stressed too. i remember having the same problem with my third, Lily. She was never good at settling and would often scream for hours, it was always in the 'witching hour' too, when everyone was tired and grotty!

I am hoping for a mid January break out! The little monkeys just need to be weaned off the caffeine and have no apnoeas and we need to establish feeding. Ivy has an idea of what she is doing but Noah has none. He latches on and then expects it to fall into his mouth, I think. Just like a tube feed! He hasn't figured out he has to work for his dinner!!!

Tiggy, they sound sooo sweet, the little things! I hope they pick up the feeding thing soon and you can get them home! I just admire you for having so many children and still being able to be a sane mother!!! Hang in there and the time will pass. What's happening for you at christmas? That must be a hard one to organise.
    Take care and will talk to you later xoxox

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!
    Hope everyone has a great day and that all the bubs enjoy their first ever christmas!!!
    Love Meg xoxoxo

Merry Christmas Everyone & their babies!

DFs family celebrated christmas last night, it was really nice. Things are not so great here at the moment, Logan got overstimulated last night with all the people and wouldn't sleep unless it was on my chest. Plus he pooed on me yesterday, I changed clothes, had a shower and then he vomited all over me! Was his first time vomiting so he wasn't happy either. Sorry if TMI! I am having problems feeding, it got so hot he got lazy and wouldn't open his mouth wide enough to attach well, no matter how I positioned him. I think I have infections or thrush or something in my nipples, I keep getting shooting pains down my breasts :smt022 I have to wait until the midwife comes on wednesday to see what I can do about it. But I am persevering and expressing when I can.

Well, he's wanting a feed again, I'm doing little feeds since he had a big one this morning and then I got it all in my lap LOL.

I hope you all had a great christmas.

Hi girls... just FYI - I went to visit Bec and Maddy this morning with Hannah, and took a couple of pics. They're on Hannah's website (www link below) if you're interested! Madeline is sooooooooo cute! So tiny!

Hi Juliette, thanks so much for posting those photos, so exciting to finally see Maddy!!! Beck is looking great !!!
    Hope everyone had a nice chrissy. Mel, you poor thing I hope things get better for you. At least you know Im in the same sitch!! Coco doesn't like to sleep although I think she did a 4 hour stint last night YEY!! (was too brain dead to be sure), but it was in her own cot, so that 's the exciting part!! She also spews, not often though, but I can understand, and she has pooed on me BIG TIME a couple of times!! Couldn't believe it, as tilly NEVER did that. So now Im heaps more careful!! At least we're all doing this together, it's so nice to be able to come and talk about it and know the other girls will understand!!!
    Anyway, off to DH's dads today, and step mum from hell. I wasn't going to go and Im so not impressed, but decided I won't be the one to cause trouble and Im going to go and put on a brave face!!
    talk soon xoxox

Yay I get to write on the baby pages! Hi girls!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast