Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005

Hey sarajo, I just responded to your message in the preg thread. LOVE the photos!! Abby is gorgeous!!
    HOw's everyone else going? Hope you're all getting sleep. Can't believe Abby sleeps so much. Coco still hasn't slept more than 3 hours in a row. WHY OH WHY!!!
    talk soon xoxo

Sarajo,I forgot to ask, how is the rash? I hope it's totally disappeared!!! xo

MEG, It is like a miracle with this rash! It has cleared up so much! I can still see it and it itches at night and in the morn, but soooo totally better than before!

Well, breastfeeding got the best of me. I became very very engorged last night and decided to try pumping. Now my milk has increased and my boobs are so big Abby is finding it impossible to latch on. Well, Im going to just pump and feed her the milk in bottles from now. That was the important thing...giving her the breastmilk some way or another.

Hope you are having better luck with Coco sleeeping! Abby has been sleeping now for 3.5 hours and I think it is time to try to wake her for feeding! :sleeping: She is so cute, I am so in love! Im biast I know! Abby gets her first sponge bath at home today! \/

Sarajo, your boobs will settle down. Mine were the biggest hardest sorest rocks you have EVER seen and that lasted about two days. The best thing to do is just keep cold washers on them (face cloths) and when in the shower, don't let hot water on them (produces more milk). Also if you feed her, then express after a little to make them feel better but not produce more milk. Im now past three weeks and for the last week Ive had no probs whatsoever. It will settle down and become easy and painfree.
    Everything is hard during the first two weeks, there's just so many changes!!
    I only fed Coco twice last night!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE. She woke up at midnight and then 3.30am. I think she woke up in between the two, but DH put her on his tummy and she fell asleep (normally I would've fed), so that was really good!!
    Kate, I've sent a couple of pics to you, hope you don't mind. There is one of Coco and it's the best pic ever, so Im dying to show you all. SHe's grown heaps and just looks so much older (ok, as old as you can look at 3.5 weeks, but she's definitely not got the newborn look anymore).
    Hope everyone slept well!!! Has anyone had baby blues?? I bordered on it for the last two weeks, but didn't get it bad like I did with Tilly. I think lack of sleep has contributed to my ups and downs!
    talk soon xoxoxoxo

Hi guys, just letting you know i have one new pic on my website. It's on the first page and is of Coco on christmas day. xoxo

Hey ladies...home from the hospital and will give you the whole details later when Maddy is asleep. Hearing you all on the sore bits and super engorged breasts!!

Welcome home Beck!!!! You are home after not long also!! Well done, how was christmas in hospital?? Looking forward to hearing your birth story and the other girls!! Can't wait to see more pics of everyone's babies!! It's all so exciting!!
    Im just waiting for DH to bring dinner. He has gone up to get chicken burgers. Just can't be stuffed cooking. Coco is having a nap in her rocker, Im not game to put her to bed yet, as she always wakes up when I put her in her cot!
    Last night we got a good sleep (well sort of ) and I am just HOPING she sleeps ok again. I only had to feed twice which was exciting.
    How's everyone else going with their bubs?? Coco is 4 weeks on thursday, how fast has time gone! Scary!! xoxoxo

Hi Meg! So excited to be home and now a part of this forum. Still have moments where I go to refer to myself as 'Aunty Bec' before remembering this beautiful little bundle is our daughter! O

Stitches are painful; particularly the external one but after dinner, a small snooze and Maddy's next feed I'm going to take a salt bath to try and help the healing. My girly 'bits' are so swollen I wondered whether my cervix had stolen my vagina! *LMAO* :shock:

Christmas in hospital SUCKED....although the Logan Hospital I can't rave enough about! I just wanted to be settled at home with Maddy but instead had to deal with more sleepless nights (yup, Maddy sucks at sleeping at night - is a perfectly sleeping angel!) without my DH there to support me. In reflection, I would almost consider private health insurance next time so I could stay at a hospital that allows partners to stay overnight.

Breastfeeding currently sucks! *cringes* I'm persavering because I know it can only get better but at times Maddy finds it hard to latch on properly which isn't being helped by the fact that my milk has come in today so they're all engorged. A couple of times she has been frightened by passers-by and snaked her head back, ripping at my nipples. Ouch - :shock: - so they each had a small crack last night. Pushing through it and determined to make it work; and I firmly believe it will.

Welcome home Beck! My stitches still hurt too. I wonder how long our bits will take to fee better! I also got hemmroids from pushing so hard...tmi I know. :shock: Maddy is so cute! I cant wait to see more pics!

So exciting that we're all in the new thread!!!!!(and hopefully Leanne VERY soon). What was her due date??
    Beck, keep at the breastfeeding, it will get to a stage when it just doesn't hurt, and it's all second nature.
    Sarajo, I have blistery things as well, think it's normal!! Those bloody hormones of ours, there's alwasy SOMETHING!!!!
    Gotta run, Coco has a chiro appointment!! Shes' currently asleep (on her tummy, it's the only way she's comfy). Anyway, will talk to you all later xoxoox

Hi Everyone :wave:

Im still around, I totally can not get the hang of this notebook though. I might have to plug in my PC to type properly I think!

Glad to see almost everyone here! Welcome!! I wanna see more baby photos girls! Hope you are all well.

I spoke with Leanne, she has another appointment tomorrow with the Dr and will discuss her options from there if nothing has happened yet. So cross fingers for her. I think her EDD was 25/12/05, so she isnt too overdue, but still would be nice for her to have bubs before the New Year. Although I think being born on the 1st of the 1st 2006 would be cool LOL!

Just quickly, I swear by the salt bath for your "bits" especially with stitches. And Sarajo for the other thing too LOL I got one also, but its gone away now. And I swear it was the salt baths that fixed it.

Jasmine is doing well, has a touch of conjunctivitis and yesterday she threw up three times (once all the way across the room :shock: ) but I get more upset about it than she does lol She doesnt even cry! Only time she really cries is when she is trying to poop! She just hates it, even when she isnt constipated. Poor baby.

Ok I cant stand typing on this notebook thing its driving me nuts. I will be back on later when I hook my PC back up. I think I will have to use the Notebook for other things!

Sarajo, I forgot to say that with Tilly I had baby blues just like you. Every arvo at 4pm I would cry and cry. That was it though, i was ok in the morning. I still find with Coco I do tend to feel slightly depressed at night.
    Kate, I understand the pooing thing. Coco gets so stressed. She just tries to poo constantly the poor thing.
    anyway, must run, DH has lunch ready for me.
    Bring on the photos girls!!! xoxox

Hi guys!!!

I just dont know where to start!!
    Thankyou all so very much for your warm wishes, My baby girl is just beautiful and i have fallen in love with mu husband all over again, i just never thought it ws possible for me to love him more than i already did.
    Congratulations to you both Sarajo and Beck, what wonderful news. Hope you are all doing well?? Your girls are just beautiful.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Chrissi!!

Sorry guys have to go, Hannah needs a feed. I have so much to tell you guys i am just hanging out to sahare everything with you guys,,

please know that you are all wonderful!!!

Forum Name: Melly01
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 05/12/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs3½oz/3.268kg Length - 49.5 Head Circ -34.2cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Logan Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/loganmichael/
    Health Concerns: b]
    Notes: 16 Days early, 4½hour labour

Forum Name: Sarajo
    State: Texas, USA
    Baby's DOB: Dec 22, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs9oz Length - 19.75"
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Abigail Jo
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/abigailjo/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days late. Induced Wed night, born Thursday 1:16 PM

Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ
    3.33kgs, 53cm, head circ 33cm.

How is everyone today? I feel like Im getting sick, I have sore throat, dizzy etc. NOT HAPPY !! Coco also had a terrible night. Just when I thought things were getting better, she was awake until midnight and then on and off all night, and she wouldn't go near her cot. ANd even though she did THREE poo's yesterday, she still pushed all night. I am exhausted and feel worse today than I have so far. These are the days when I wonder what IM doing and if I'll cope!!
    How's everyone else doing?? x

Hi Everyone :wave:

I put some more photos up on the website if you want to have a look.

User name is : gemini_6
    Password is : december

Hope everyone is doing well. We had a shocker of a night, but when Jasmine finally did go to sleep, it was for 6 hours! She is asleep again now, and will probably just drop in and out all day. I wish I knew how to change her from a day time sleeper to a night time one. But I guess she got that from me.

Ok I just realised I didnt have anything at all to eat yesterday, so I should probably go and get some food!

Im supposed to go to the clinic today and do Jasmines stats, but its too bloody hot, Im not taking her out in this heat.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Oh I forgot that thing

Forum Name: gemini6 (Kate)
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 15th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs 9oz Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jasmine
    Baby's Website: www.picturetrail.com user name:gemini_6 pw:december
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: Induction

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast