Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005

Im losing the plot. Coco has had one hours sleep today and that's it. It is now 5pm. I just can't STAND THIS. I don't think Im coping too well today. Just wanted to come and let that out. DH is here luckily because I would be so tempted to just leave this house and leave her here!!!
    anyway, hope everyone's coping better. xo

:hugs:

Meg that sucks. Im so sorry. I dont know how you have been keeping it together all this time on so little sleep as it is! I wish I could give you some advice or say something, but Im useless. But please feel free to vent anytime you like! Is there something wrong with Coco? Or is she just an unhappy unsettled baby? Have you called Karitane or Tresillian? Id call them in a heartbeat if Jasmine was only sleeping for an hour per day, even if you dont want to go and stay with them, they can still provide support and advice over the phone, 24/7 I believe. Is there anyone who could just give you a little break from Coco and take her for a couple of hours? Just tell DH your going for a walk and take a few hours off. Youre going to run yourself ragged, and you must need such a rest. I wish I lived closer!!

If there is anything I can do just let me know. Huge :hugs: to you

Thanks Kate, I appreciate that!! The thing is, she is a pretty contented baby, so it's not often she cries. You wouldn't know she's tired, my MIL just dropped by and said "she's so alert andawake". She didn't know she hasn't slept for EVER! She did have a screaming period today, but that's because I left her to cry. Other than that she's really ok, which is good I guess, but it's also annoying as maybe she just doesnt' need sleep. Im hoping because she hasn't slept today that she may sleep tonight, but I don't think she will go in her cot. I've actually gotten her to sleep about 30 times today, but EVERY time I put her in her cot she wakes up. She's definitely a tummy sleeper, but even that is not helping this arvo.
    I guess it's just my luck to have a non sleeper. Im just so over it all and it's driving me nuts. the worst thing is she's so gorgeous, I want to be mad but I can't. When i left her to cry I went in after 30 minutes and she was sooooo upset that I just got really upset too. SHe even had tears adn I didn't think they got tears for a couple of months!
    Anyway, off to give her a bath now. She loves baths. Im dreading tonight, absolutely dreading it, I just HOPE she gets some sleep. xoxoox

Sorry to but in girls. I'm due in feb with bub no. 2.
    Webbmeg - have you got a battery operated baby swing of some kind? it works a treat!!!! And also when they are old enough i highly recommend a jolly jumper, it keeps them busy and wears them out.
    I hope you get some sleep soooooon. take care of yourself.
    narelle

Awe, Im sorry Meg! I wish there was an easy solution! Abby seems to fall asleep pretty good in her vibrating bouncer. She didnt want to sleep last night at all, and finally at around 4:00 she slept for 4 hours, and so did mommy! Don is sick with a cough and fever and sore throat for a couple days now, and unfortunately I woke up with it I think today. I have to be really really carefully to wash my hands a ton before handeling Abby, and I am having Don go to the store to pick up some painters masks (those paper masks) so that we dont breath on her to much, or accidentally cough on her while feeding her! It sux...I am so worried she is going to get sick! besides that, all has been going pretty good! She sleeps more durring the day than at night...not sure how to teach her that night is sleepy time. Any suggestions? I took more pics today although havent downloaded them yet. I may take a couple more yet. Our little one wont be camera shy...we're getting her used to the camera already!

Hope you all have a good day! Here's to a day of little spitting up :shock: & lots of sleep :sleeping: ...here's hoping!

oh Meg I'm so sorry to hear that. I know when Matilda was 4 weeks old DH would come home & we would both be on the bed crying because she wouldn't have slept & I would be exhausted & not know what to do. I hope she settles better soon!! Matilda took the entire 12 weeks to settle down and I slowly went insane, I think I can smell sanity now, not entirely sure if I know it when it gets here

Sara Matilda & I got sick when she was 10 days old and it was awful. I hope Abby stays well!!

btw...rumour has it Jillian is in labour, so you may have another Dec buddy!!

How exciting re Jillian!!!! Maybe Leanne is in labour too!!
    Thanks for your posts guys, it's nice to know Im not alone. Coco slept last night, but only in her cot for one hour, then next to me for three, and then on my tummy for the remainder (on and off). I suppose at least she settled for night time, I'd prefer her be up all day than night. Im still exhausted though, but must remember this is what little bubbies do!!
    Sarajo, hope you're feeling better soon, I felt like that yesterday. I took afew garlic tablets and feel better today. If Abby's being breastfed, she really shouldn't pick anything up, so you'll prob be right.
    Christy, it sounds like your house was like our house is now!! DH and I just totally zonked!! Not sure how DH will be back at work next week! I think he'll be sleeping in Tillys room a fair bit just for sanity!!
    I forgot how hard it was with Tilly when she was born. I didn't sleep until she was 8 months, she demand fed up to 6 times a night that whole time. What a shocker. Im older this time and jsut can't do that again!!
    Anyway, if it keeps up ,I will call Tresillian and see what advice they can give!!
    HOpe everyone slept REALLY well and I hope we hear some birth news soon!!!
    oxoxox

Hey ladies....isn't it amazing after three nights of no sleep (ok, well in total between 1-4hrs) that a night of 5hrs sleep makes you ALMOST feel human again? *L*

Poor little tyke has my cold so she's all snotty in the nose and I feel awful for her. Went to the chemist and purchased 'Infants Friend' (like gripe water) and a little dropper. WOW...worked so quick on her last night...in fact she slept on Daddy's chest from 10pm - 12 midnight when she would normally be constantly trying to feed. DH & I almost cried when we noticed it helped both her wind but her hiccups as well.

We've updated the website with two photos on the front page...more to come when I find out where John has stashed the photos he took the day she was born.

I'll be back in later to try and do personals (little bubs needs a nappy change and probably a feed soon) but I just wanted to say that I really felt for you reading your post from yesterday Meg! Hope things get better soon....

BTW - I got a message from Leanne a few days back where she said she'd heard I'd had Maddy (don't know why she didn't get the message from us - her number was on the list John worked from). Gave her the details and asked for her situation. I believe she's STILL waiting and they really believe bubs will be a New Years bub. Has another appointment to book induction Thursday next week.

Forum Name: Beckibee (Becka)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 10oz Length - 38cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Madeline Natasha
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/squishybub/
    Health Concerns: Jaundice for first couple of days
    Notes: Induction via drip after waters broke and contractions/labour was failing to progress at significant pace.

Hi Everyone :wave: Hope you are all well

I feel like I have the flu, but without the "cold part". Its like 40 degrees today and Im shivering with goosebumps, and my entire body aches, even when my clothes rub against me it hurts. I wonder whats wrong, I dont have the sniffles or a sore throat or anything like that, my body just aches and isnt "working" like normal. I so could not handle the flu right now. I just feel so weak.

Oh and right on queue. Jasmine must have heard me pounding the keyboard. She is up, time for lunch! The moment she is finished were both going to sleep, thats for sure.

Kate, could it be mastitis or have your boobs settled down? they would be red and sore. I hope you feel better soon. I have gotten rid of my sore throat but was just thinking I feel like I have period pain coming on. PLEASE NOT AF!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know with tilly I got my AF back straight away even though I breastfed for a year. So I guess it's possible that's what it is. Not happy jan!!!
    Coco has been sleeping all morning, probably making up for lack of sleep yesterday. Unfortunately we have to go to the chiro this arvo (in teh revolting heat) and its' a 45 minute trip. I will take a wet washer so Tilly can wipe her head if she gets hot. We have air con but it doesn't seem to do much inthe back.
    Jillian had her baby!! How exciting, so officially she is a december bub, although Jillian might stick with her jan girls. Wonder how Leanne is doing!!
    gotta run, tilly is calling xoxo

I dont think it is mastitis, because my breasts are completely back to normal now, except for the odd "let down" usually after I shower. So gross, I cant wait til that stops, I wish I knew how long it was going to last. I really dont know why I felt so bad earlier, I hope it was just a one off thing. I feel a little better now, like I wont fall over anymore if the wind blows. I had a good rest on the lounge while Jasmine just played and slept. She has been a very good girl today, which makes me scared wondering what she has in store for me tonight lol

Ohhhh I wonder if I will get AF back? It should be interesting to see what happens with my body there, Ive had PCOS forever - even had cysts removed from my ovaries a couple of times due to their size (which is why I was so shocked when I found out I was expecting) I really should look into what will happen now. Fingers crossed AF doesnt go back to the same way it was before I was pregnant! The year prior was a nightmare.

I cant believe you went out today Meg lol! It must have been 45 degrees in the shade. Your much gamer than I am. How did Coco go at the Chiro? (thats a tounge twister LOL)

I must go, I have to decide what to have delivered for dinner LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. I want to see more pics of your gorgeous babies!! Oh that reminds me I have a few more to add to my site

I put one new pic of Coco on my front page. Kate, Jasmine is gorgeous, I checked out her pics, sooo cute. Beck, Maddy is gorgeous, checked out her pics too. It's all just so exciting that we have new bubs!!!!!!!!
    Im worried about tonight as Coco has slept the entire day. I had to wake her at 9am and since then she's slept on the go all day! The chiro was good, just hope she starts to sleep well soon!! He reckons she's straightening up and should sleep better soon!! fingers crossed.
    I am DREADING new years day, 43 degrees. YUK YUK YUK. thank goodness for air con!!!
    Kate, that's weird that you felt ill this morn, but maybe it's just everything, being new mum and your body adjusting. It's all a huge life change and body change.
    Crikey, coco just did the biggest poo ever. What a mess!! Gave her a quick bath too,in the bathroom sink!!
    better run and get dinner started xoxo

Well, I think Im sick...and Abby has a stuff nose too. I really was hoping not to get her sick. So babies have stuffy noses when they arent sick? Everyone on my block has some type of cold or another! ITs crazy! So anyone have plans for New Years Eve? I have been pumping breast milk like crazy, so I am going to treat myself to some reisling wine tomorrow and just throw away the milk I pump tomorrow night! Well, Abby's a callin!

Poor you sarajo, hope you get better. It is common for bubs to have stuffy noses, as they just can't clear anything themselves. Sometimes Coco's breathing is soo noisy, sometimes not. Hopefully it's not sickness, it would be unlikely being breastfed.
    good idea about expressing and having some wine!! I had a beer last night, just really felt like it. I haven't expressed yet though, but think I will need a night to myself at some stage soon! I could've quite happily gone to the pub yesterday arvo and drank into the night!! But reality is not like that!! We're having a quiet NYE ( I desperately hope it's quiet and that no neighbours have a party, we're in between two units and it all echo's. FIngers crossed everyone is going out)! Anyone else doing anything?
    The temp is really high outside, but I haven't left the air con all day, so Im quite happy!! Dh took Tilly outside at 8.30am this morning for a play and said it was so gross and humid. Tomorrow will be worse. LUcky we have no life and nothing to do!!!
    Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my belly buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

:wave: Just need to whinge a little..

Well I had my first "Im going mental" night last night. I have no idea what was wrong with Jasmine. I can only assume constipation again, but she wasnt that irregular. She just would not go to sleep. She even had bags forming under her eyes. I did everything, walked around the house, bathed her for the relaxation, had tummy time, had nappy free time, swaddled, unswaddled, rocked, bounced etc .... you name it, I tried it and still she wouldnt settle. Then finally when I heard her cry had changed (like as if she had a sore throat and her voice had gone deeper) I ended up sms'ing my mum for help at 4am. She came over soooooo fast, less than 2 mins. And I wasnt really that upset, until she picked up Jasmine, and Jasmine went quiet, and then fell asleep in a matter of minutes! Then I balled my eyes out. Im still upset over it! Why would she be so relaxed with my mum, yet no matter what I did she wouldnt do that for me? My mum said its because she knows your upset, she can sense it. But I dont know.... maybe she just doesnt like me! Im just heartbroken that she was so upset with me.

There might have been something in the air though (my frustration) because normally my dogs do not sleep outside. In fact they hate going outside when they could be in bed lol but the moment that I opened the door for some air, all of them bolted outside and they havent cried and scratched at the door yet! Ive been out with them this morning, and theyre fine. Im thinking this might be my chance to have some outdoor sleeping dogs! Too bad tonight is NYE and ****wits will be letting off fireworks (cant believe people would do that in this heat, but Im sure they will) so they will have to stay inside tonight, but maybe I can get them outside over the next week. That would be such a great relief right now! Theyre afraid of Jasmine and stay right away from her as much as possible. Other than the odd sniff or curiosity, the moment she moves they run like scaredy cats. Its funny, but I admit as much as I love them, Im glad theyre not all over her and fascinated. It would frighten me.

Anyway so my Mum stayed until just after 5am, she was happy to stay for the morning, and offered to take Jasmine home, but after I had about a 30 min power nap I was fine. She put Jasmine in her cradle next to my bed and we both slept until 8am! Then she woke up crying, I just quickly got her bottle, warmed it, fed her and then put her back into the cradle ... we both slept until 11.30am!

So my mum rang me about half an hour ago and offered to take her for a few hours while I de-stress, and do some stuff... so of course I jumped at the chance. Looking forward to having a long shower, doing all my washing and just getting a few things done!

I have a feeling Im going to need my mum here more than I would like to admit! Thank god she only lives one street away!

Thanks, sorry just needed to get it off my chest and spill it!

Kate, dont worry, you vent any time!!!!! I am having a blissful break at the moment while Coco sleeps, but I can understand how you were feeling.
    I totally believe that Jasmine could sense your stress. I always give Coco to someone else when Im stressed and instantly I see the difference. However in the middle of the night she's stuck with me, and so she doesn't sleep so well. Im sure if I was more relaxed she would be too. Also all baby's have unsettled periods, it just seems soooo much worse in teh night (everythings quiet, the body wants to sleep etc).
    I too am dreading NYE and all the noise! We are right near the harbour bridge so we get the dreaded 9pm and midnight fireworks. I often think it's bombs going off and when I just moved here (4 years ago) andheard the first fireworks I actually thought it was terrorists and we were going to die. (wouldn't know I have an anxiety disorder). I ran into DD's room and didn't know if I should grab her and run, but in the end I didn't but I just cried and cried because of the shock (I have totally gone off on a tangent there).
    Ok. Kate, so glad your mum was able to help you this morn. My mum lives in teh next street too and has been planning to move on the 5th jan (i was very sad about this) She sold her house, but has now decided to rent it from teh new owners, so my mum will still be close !! YIPEE!!
    Sorry that Im crapping on, but being stuck with two little kiddies, I haven't had much chance to talk to adults. DH is here mostly, but we are both doing different things (he is with tilly, me coco.)
    Im off again, Tilly needs lunch and all Im doing is surfing the net. The poor child, but it's too hot to take Coco anywhere, so we're stuck indoors, and for the next few days I would think with the awful weather.
    Kate, hope you get good sleep tonight xoxo

Thanks Meg :flower: I automatically felt better when I read your response. Thankyou!!!!!

I forgot how close you lived to the Harbour Bridge omg I would go NUTS on NYE! I dont blame you for how you reacted when you first heard them! I only went to the Harbour for the first time on NYE a couple of years ago and I was pretty much having a panic attack on my own! When the fireworks started, the police seemed to want to grab hold of the crowd and pretty much made everyone stand still where I was. So I got separated from DH and all of my friends, they were behind a barricade and the police wouldnt let me get over there (so many people omg thats why I never went before) so the fireworks went off, the countdown went off and I stood there shaking because all these drunk people kept grabbing me and kissing me and it was sooooo loud I was really really scared. Finally DH managed to get himself over to where I was and I made him walk me to the car so I could drive home by myself. I left him there and cried all the way home (i hate strangers and crowds lol). Its a nightmare in there!

Thats great news about your Mum staying there Meg. I remember you werent too happy about that! How is your little sister going? Im glad your getting a break, and Im extra glad to hear that DH is taking care of Tilly!
    I know what you mean about not feeling like you speak with adults!! Im so happy to have this place to come to!

How disgusting is it outside? Yuck. But on the other hand, I have to keep reminding myself "Kate, would you rather get up at 4am to feed Jasmine in the summer or the winter?" And I tell you, if it was winter.. Id be crying my eyes out in bed under the doona at 4am! Hopefully by the time winter gets here Jasmine will be sleeping right through the night! And so will I!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast