Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006

Default Babies Born February 2006

This thread is for parents of children who were born in February 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

*Shannon* - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

February '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: narelle
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 3rd February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6 1/2 oz (3360gms)- Length 49cms - Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Aiden Jay
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: Lolly
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3520gm – Length 51cm - Head Circ – 35.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Harrison Brian
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Baby is very healthy. Mum had some problems with blood pressure and liver during and after pregnancy but getting better
    Notes: Harrison was born by emergency caesarian after 10 hours or active induced labor and 1 hour of pushing. Harrison turned into the posterior position after the induction commenced and his head would just not come through on his own.

Forum Name: Bruky
    State: ACT
    Baby's DOB: 17th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 90z, 51cm, 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Katie Jayne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Overdue but when she decided to come she came like a bullet...lol

Forum name: Kas
    Baby's DOB: 18th February 2006
    Baby Stats: Weight- 5pd 5oz (2405gms) Length- 47cm, Head circ- 32cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby’s name: Liam Brock
    Health concerns: Low blood sugars at birth and for the first few days due to small birth weight (self correcting), all is fine now!
    Notes: Induced at 38 weeks due to rising blood results (pre eclampsia) and placental insufficiency causing small birth weight which was monitored throughout pregnancy.

Forum Name: MBear
    Baby's DOB: 19th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.095kg/52cm/36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl :GIRL
    Baby's Name: Sophie Isabella
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twoprincesses/
    Health Concerns: Choking episode 12 hours after birth. Spent night in neonatal ward and monitored for 24hrs. All ok now.
    Notes: Born in Emergency section of Hosp. Very quick labour. No stitches, tears or drugs. Nearly didnt make it to hospital. DH prepared to deliver on side of road......!!!

Forum Name: Wishful
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB: 19th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 6'12" - Length 49.5 - Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Brianna Leigh
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Wilson
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 21st February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 40z, 52cm, 33cm
    Baby's Name: Harrison Mark Lister
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarsjan...7594050544875/
    Notes:

Forum Name:
    Nadine
    Baby's DOB: 22nd February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9kg, Length - 52cm, Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Kayla Ann
    Baby's Website: Click on my www link
    Health Concerns: Was a bit jaundiced.
    Notes: Had a 20hr labour all up. Had an Epidural and Kayla was born by forceps delivery. It was all well worth it though!

Forum Name: Apple
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 24th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 80z, 50cm, 34.5cm
    Baby's Name: Bonnie
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmao/s...7594062126800/
    Notes:

Forum Name: Kaydee84
    Baby's DOB: 25th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 3820 grams Length – 51cm Head Circ – 36.5cm
    Baby's Name: Ben Oliver
    Baby's Website: http://luexmann.myphotoalbum.com
    Health Concerns: None.
    Notes: 3 days of hospital induction. Ben finally decided to arrive very quickly on the third day. 3 - 4 hours official labour. No drugs (no time!!). 13 days over EDD.

Forum Name: nic2006
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 25th Feb
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2.55kg - Length 53 cm
    Baby's Name: Isaac Robert John
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: He was 12 due days overdue but decided to come by himself a few hours before a planned induction!

I'm going to post in here to start the ball rolling! Even though Allergra is technically not a Feb baby she was a feb expectant bub and therefore will invite herself to join her little friends

Come on Lolly and Narelle!!!!!!

And Snowy - where are you? And Bek, another Feb/Jan merger!

Hoping I will be joining you soon Teena

Hi Teena,
    Think I'll stay in here too! Having a great time now that we are home. Only issue so far is Kahlani having reflux which she is now on Zantac for (gotta love my on the ball GP and paed). Whilst she doesn't like the taste it certainly is helping her pain.

Waiting patiently for Lolly and Narelle's news.

Teena and Bek, it is really great that you both will stay with the Feb thread!! wohoo!

Just popping back in to say hi and goodnight. I'm buggered and want to get an hour in before the next feed.

OK OK I'm here. Sorry had a little sleep to catch up on. Hope you ladies are doing well and are coping with being new mums. I am finding it very tiring but enjoyable. Wow what a steep learning curve. I think I am starting to get the hang of the breastfeeding thing. It was a lot harder to master than I originally thought it would be but we are getting there. I have had to go back to the Dr a few times since being discharged from hospital because there have been a few issues with my blood pressure not coming back down. I am not on any medication for it yet we are just waiting to see what happens. At least the swelling in my feet has decided to go away this morning and my tummy is starting to return to normal. Can’t fit into my normal clothes yet but I think it won’t be far away. I didn’t think about button up maternity clothes when I bought them (for feeding) so I can’t really go anywhere because I have to take my top right off to feed him lol.

Can someone tell me how I go about uploading some photos of him?

Lolly, There are many ways you can share your pics. I have decided to use myphotoalbum. Its really simple and easy to use, and you can change the background colours and stuff (and free). You just follow the steps to set it up. Email me if you would like the link, because i cant put it in here. Ive found it to be really simple and handy.

I cant imagine being able to fit into my normal clothes... My thighs and bum have gotten much bigger! Might have to walk a bit (or ALOT) when this is all over. Hopefully my tops will fit me though, although i dont have many button up, or zip up tops like you! might have to go shopping!

I hope your blood pressure cooperates and returns to normal. Can you believe that if you werent induced that little Harrison might still be in your tummy right now!

Take care!!

ooooooh, believe me, Teena, I am hoping to join you girls here real soon!!!

yayayay come on katie and Julia!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kahlani has put on another 300g this week to now weigh 2.66kgs! Unfortunately the monitor went off again this morning after I had out her down from her feed. All OK when I picked her up though so maybe we have the settings wrong?

How's it all going Teena, Narelle and Lolly?

Hi new mums. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing night sweats. I seem to have them but get them at any time of the day. I am starting to understand what it must be like for women going through menopause with the hot flushes. My Dr said that it is normal for woman after pregnancy who have been carrying a lot of excess fluid as it is your bodies way of getting rid of it. I didn’t think to ask him how long it would go on for though and was wondering if anyone else new or was experiencing the same thing.

Good news is my blood pressure has now come back down to normal and seems to be staying there so the head aches have now gone.

My little man is doing really well, the community nurse is coming tomorrow and I am really eager to see if he is putting on weight. I’m sure he is because I think he is looking bigger every time I look at him. He is a really good feeder. We are taking him to have some photos taken today by one of those professional baby photo people. Then off to see his great grandmother who is 96 for the first time.

Hope everyone else is well.

Community nurse came this morning and I am pleased to say Harrison has but on 40gm above his birth weight which is great. She was very nice and answered all of my questions. She also put me in touch with a mothers group which is starting up in a few weeks time for babies around the same age. I must admit I am kind of looking forward to having some adult conversation again.

Had a bit of a rough night last night. The little man just didn’t want to settle. He was awake from about 10pm till 1am. He was fine while he was getting a cuddle but as soon as I put him in his cot he would wake up and start to cry. The nurse said this is normal and that it is usual for babies to have an unsettled period between one of their feeds. Now all I have to do is work out how to get the unsettled period to happen during the day rather than night so I can get a bit more sleep.

Hope all the other bubs and mums are doing well. We need some more Feb mums in hear it is way to quite.

Very quiet in here Lolly. I find Kahlani's unsettled time is after 7pm but that's also the time when we have to give her the Zantac for her reflux. It's not really that bad though.

With the night sweats I only noticed it in hospital and put it down to their heating/cooling system and having to keep the SCN at a constant temp.

Hi Feb mumma's!

Been pretty busy and every time I go to write a post it seems Allegra gets up and is due for a feed!

Things are going pretty well in our household. Allegra is sleeping pretty well, between 3-4 hours at a time usually and is feeding wonderfully now after her slow start.

Settleing.. sometimes it is better than other times but they all have times of unsettled behaviour dont they! Last night Allegra was awake from 10pm to about midnight which is unlike her but we had been out all day and she slept in her portable bassinette so I think that made her a little extra tired and a bit irritable.

So bloody hard to get out and do all the things that need to be done but today I went to Medicare and enrolled Allegra, did the baby bonus paperwork and claimed the expenses I have paid to date, OB, Paediatrian etc.. was happy that I got a fair bit back as we were over the threshold so yay for that. I was expecting far less back than we got!

Will come in more regularly and chat.

Meanwhile, does anyone elses bub have a lot of wind?

bruky Guest

Hi girls...i can finally join you in here [-o<

Things are going well so far...today much better then yesterday (day 3) where we had constant feeding...ouchies on the boobies...and a night where I saw every hour go by...yep feeding again.

My milk came in yesteday too which may be why things were unsettled...today she is sleeping like a baby should and feeding well, so I cant complain too much.

Apart from that motherhood is treating me ok...mr 2 is a bit of a handful and stressing me out but its all new to him too and thats what I have to keep reminding myself.

Night sweats...yep I got them in hospital too and also blamed the air con but have noticed that I am sweating heaps at home too and the weather hasnt been that bad?? Maybe its the breastfeeding??? I am normally not a sweaty type of person and havent been able to breastfeed before so maybe the two go hand in hand??

Well I checked into the feb group today and it seems labour is very close for a few girls today...my best speedy labour wishes to Nadine, Wilson and Kaydee...cmon babies O

Princess today is the first day that I can say I have had time to myself...lol so jumped in here so I could talk babies...lol I did all the medicare paperwork last night and the centrelink stuff too...we have a friend who works there and reckons she can get the payment done in 48 hours??? that would be lovely me says...lol Cant wait so i can go and buy my new pram...YAY

as for wind...well Katie gives me burps every now and then...doesnt seem to be affecting her too much right now...she has had a few pukes tho too???

When do I start going to the MACH nurse?? so far I have my midwife visiting everyday for 2 weeks...I have no idea if Katie has put on weight or not??

Bruky - when I was at medicare yesterday they said you get the refund in 2 days and the baby bonus should be paid within 28 days.

gahhh forget the rest - little miss is crying!!!!

bruky Guest

Princess we dont get any refund...went through the public system (I think thats what you mean dont you?? still preggo brain for me darl...lol)

Centrelink told us that the Maternity Payment (ie the $3K) takes no longer than 21 days....BUT having that friend of mine work there she said she can have it paid to us in 48 hours...she sms'd me last night confirming it...BUT will wait and see if its there tomorrow or Friday too IYKWIM 8-[

Baby Bonus is paid/claimed at tax time as I understand it too??

How are you all going with feeding???

I feel like I dont stop but I dont want to complain as I had probs with the last 2 and from memory havent lasted 10 days before??? My nipples are going ok but sore, not cracked yet...my boobs are so huge and full...ouchies. Main pain is when she first latches on...i cringe a bit but it eases off pretty quickly

Sometimes I feel like I havent stopped feeding for hours and I'm not sure when she has finished as she will fall asleep on me all the time...i wake her up by tickling her cheek or changing her bum or undressing her and she usually goes on again (she tends to feed for 10mins then falls asleep then I wake her and try again) but sometimes this isnt enough and she can just keep repeating the pattern...like last night it went on like that for 3 hours...very tired mummy here!

My midwife told me to offer as I do but if she keeps going to put her on her side and rythmically pat her back slowly as she might be overtired...this did work but only for about 15 minutes when she woke up to be starving again??

I might need to talk to a LC about it???

Any ideas girls?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast