Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

I have written in the birth announcements.
    Jennifer Jean was born at 5:09am this morning... I haven't heard how much she officially weighs yet, but the midwives said they guessed around 8lb 9oz. My poor sister had a huge labour... Bubs turned posterior and needed to be turned. Cassie was 10cms dialated from 11pm so it was a very very long birth.
    I haven't spoken to her today. I wanted to let her rest up today because she has been in labour since Monday and she was apparently exhausted. Poor thing
    But the fantastic news is that Jenna is here!!! And... she has broken the girl drought in my family My parents have 5 grandsons and 2 grandaughters now... there have been 4 grandsons born since the first grandaughter (Madeleine) was born. And, I now have a niece!!! I have 2 nieces on my DH's side, but it is different to have a blood related niece now
    Well, I'm off to bed now. Thanks for asking about my sister and for the well wishes

KYM _ Jess loves the Night Garden too! I saw some books the other day in Target & got them 1 each but I know all the words off by heart now so I have bought the other two to keep in their little toy bag to take places with them while I'm working. I have also ordered some merchandise from the UK as nothing is available here in Aus until August. Jess knows all the characters now & she can read the books off by heart to Claudy, so double bonus for me! Oh yeah, Jess has the wooden painted toy kitchen from Kmart. She got it for her 2nd birthday. Alan's parents bought it & I bought all the appliances for it & she got a teaset from some other family members. It's awesome. Has a microwave, sink, taps, oven & fridge. Even a clock on the side! The kids love it. They are really great for them. Lucky for us we have the space. Oh & she has a shopping trolley for it as well. Kids toys are soooooooo fun! I have started my Christmas shopping already, but the big toy sales are coming up & we are getting the kids a trampoline, but I'm having it sunk into the ground. My 2 kids are seriously crazy & I think it will save on ambulance bills.

KRISTY _ I am not working Thursdays & now that Claudy isn't allowed to swim any more until her ears are fixed, we have Thursdays completely free. PM me your e-mail & we will sort it out so this lot don't get jealous! LOL

LISA _ Oh wow! You must be an aunty by now. Your poor sister, I really hope that bubba is out in the big wide world by now. Yes, what a great idea about going shopping for the right colours! I can't wait to hear, I am thinking a boy. Yeah, I can imagine that Cohens would upset AF because of all the sudden changes, your hormones would go ballistic. Well now you have it all sorted you can try again!

KEL _ Ok, I have requests for fish & chips on the beach, trip to the zoo & taking kids for a ride in the caravan on the back of the bike. What else? We can go up to Fremantle one day, the City is totally boring & NOTHING there for the kids. Maybe we could do a shopping spree at Garden City or something. Any suggestions Kristy?????

ME _ Can't believe that this week is nearly over & then I'm going back to work! Totally insane. I have to go shopping & buy some more makeup but I'm scared I don't know how to apply it anymore! I was a bit of a glamour puss when I was at work last time so I want them to know I still have it! Even with 2 kids. I know that's stupid though. LMAO. Claudy is a bit miserable today, the poor chook. Won't be long & she will be all fixed! I hope.

Hope you're all having good nights!

Love Jayne xox

pegasus Guest

Congrats to Cassie and Auntie Lisa!!!

I finally tried to call about the young mother's group, and it turned out the number was wrong. So I called my social worker who gave me the coordinator's number, who then gave me the right number. Only one digit was wrong, so must have been a typo. I'll call that number tomorrow, it was too late in the day to call today. Problem is, monday is last group for the term, then two week term break and then its back on.

Hope everyone is ok. DD has been getting very clever. Miming and copying so well and even made up her own word. Gah gah, and she points to her sippy cup. So whenever she says gah gah she wants a drink. Well I'm guessing anyway.

I'm doing ok, occasional bouts of the blues, but in my current situation, that's normal. What's lucky is that I don't have depression, which you'd expect.

I'd love to go to a tupperware party or any other product party. Any Sydneysiders, let me know if you're having one. I did go to a friend's one about 8 months back, and my XP guilted me into cancelling the order I hadn't even finalised. I was only getting maybe $50 worth of things. I hope that one day when I'm in a new relationship that my partner is not money controlling or money guilting. I won't stand for that again. I am so good at budgeting. I save for things and am frugal on things that are unecessary, and I get generic for most of the things that don't make a difference. Like cooking margarine (for baking etc, I get nice butter for bread), olive oil, flour, basic pantry items, even biscuits. If its plain, it need not cost more for fancy packaging. My mum and dad brought me up very well.

Sorry for making this post all about me. How's the weight loss going girls? I bought scales today. I weigh 75kg (analogue, so could be a little off) so want to lose 15kg. Aiming for 10kg minimum. Tell me what diets you have tried and what exercise regimes you have done. All I am doing is trying to cut back on junk food and sweets, and trying to make time to go for a good walk.

LISA _ Oh wow!!! a lovely pink bundle to cuddle! How gorgeous. I bet you have got so clucky over seeing Jenna that you have grown feathers! Did you manage to buy everything in pink? How cute. I bet she is just adorable!!!

KRISTY _ I am going back to work at the City of ****burn. I worked there for 4 years but went on Maternity Leave & later resigned. I just couldn't have possibly gone back to work the way that Jessica was as a newborn. I didn't more than 3 hours sleep in a row until she was 6 months old! LOL. So I am looking forward to it, but it's going to be difficult getting us all up & dressed & out the door. Luckily for me they are so stressed with no staff that I can basically work when is suits me. So that is good. Jess is at daycare tomorrow so I have to get her ready for daycare & drop her off, take Claudy to my mum's, go to work, then pick up Claudy & then Jess. Also, I have to try & get Jess to gymnastics as well! I'm tired already!!! How are you? How is the bump? Has Erin felt the baby move? I bet she doesn't really understand what's happening though. Hey, are you still breastfeeding her? I bet that's getting tricky now your tum must be so sticky-outy!

KEL _ I have e-mailed you honey with the plan I am creating in my head about my hols. Did you have any Tupperware parties over the weekend? How did they go? Are you a millionaire as yet? Kit all paid off? Lots of parties in your diary?

PEG _ How are you darl? How's your little Flutterby? What did you do over the weekend?

KYM _ How are you sweets? I heard about your playdates with Tobi & Tash. They sound really cool! I"m glad you 2 have got each other.

ME _ Had a busy weekend. Just getting organised for tomorrow when I go back to work & making sure all my house work is done so I dont have to do anything major after work. The weater has been pretty dicey so it's hard getting washing dried, thankfully I have a dryer. Well, I must be off!!! I'll let you know how tired I am tomorrow!

Love Jayne

Phew....
    Well, I'm back home after spending the weekend with my gorgeous little niece, she is sooooo beautiful! She has white hair! Looks mostly like her Daddy but a lot like her Mummy too.
    The suckiest thing though... Madeleine has come down with CHICKEN POX!!! Urgh, I am sooooooo annoyed! So now I am guessing that Harrison is gonna get them, and I hope and pray that Jenna doesn't get them
    So... looks like I have a few interesting days/weeks ahead of me.
    My poor little Chooky! I hope she feels better soon. Jamie got chicken pox sooooo bad when he was 11 months old, he still has scars on his head from where he would bump the spots when he fell over. I really hope that Maddy doesn't get them as bad as Jamie had them... and I really hope Harry doesn't get them at all and he can get his immunisation against them (which Maddy was meant to get at the same time!)
    Off to sort out our washing and do something for dinner. I hope everyone had a nice, spot free weekend

pegasus Guest

Pretty buggered by the end of today. Trains and trains and trains its been. Yesterday I went down to the far south west Sydney to visit a friend, two trains and a bus to get there and same to return. Only got to stay for 3 hours. But it was a great day. DD was really good. Today, I went to the movies. Saw You Don't Mess With The Zohan, which was not that good really. It was funny but could have been a lot better. I also saw Get Smart, which was bloody excellent. Go and see it, and take the kids, sometimes things blow up but there was no violence really. Its got great humour. Going to buy it when it gets cheaper.

I've been dabbling in internet dating. Got a few messages from guys overseas. I don't see how I could be right for them, they're on the other side of the world. Then I get requests or instant messaging pop up. Now I close all of it, and only recontact the ones that fit my general profile. I've been in contact with 3 guys in the Sydney area. 28yo hasn't contacted me back, that's ok. 36yo (contacted me first) I've chatted with him, and he came on so strong with his questions, that I don't want to know him. And 29yo, is really nice. We've chatted 2 nights in a row on msn, and he's down to earth and relaxed. We chat about our interests and hobbies and stuff, and he hasn't asked me anything personal. 36yo gave me his phone number pretty readily. I don't want his number. 29yo hasn't given me his and hasn't asked for mine. I'm thinking that even if we don't start dating, we'll at least be friends.

My diet has started slowly. I'm actively thinking about what I'm eating. Did have a bad dinner last night, but to feed DD before we got home, it was worth it. Had Subway today, so that was better. Going to have a protein shake and yogurt for brekky now, hoping that I don't binge during the day.

How is everyone else going? Chicken pox doesn't sound fun. My cousin got it at 16 months, and thankfully postponed their visit so DD wouldn't get it too. How were your weekends?

xoxo

Peg - Good luck with the internet dating hun.
    My DH and I met via the internet. Just be wary of some guys out there... I am sure I don't need to tell you that a lot of them are full of it and will tell you most anything to get something from you (IYKWIM).
    I would say that 90% of the single guys I met from the internet were actually married. My DH was, but he was honest enough to tell me that he was separated from his wife and in the 12 month wait for a divorce. He wasn't on there to pick up, he was there to make friends as he had just moved to Sydney and only knew his workmates... I wasn't on there to pick up either... just to have some fun meeting people when I went to Sydney, go out for dinner etc... and we met after speaking via the net for 6 months and over the phone for 4. When we met we knew it was right. He moved up to be closer to me, moved in with me and the rest is history! I wouldn't swap him for anything! And, I would never have met him if it wasn't for the internet
    Soooooo... don't let people tell you that you can't find Mr Right over the net My DH and I are proof that you can.
    All the very very best with it hun... at the very least you will meet some interesting characters and have some fun times.

I'm sure we all have stories about i'net dating from ourselves or friends.... I have one friend who met her absolute perfect match there, happily together now for almost 4yrs. And DH's best friend has just recently been VERY badly burnt from someone he met on net - poor guy, he's so lonely, he just got suckered in. Good luck, Peg, sounds like you are open-minded and sensible about it.

Sorry about chicken pox, Lisa..... I've never had them, hope Madeline is better soon and wouldn't it just be a bummer if Harrison got them JUST before the 18mth immunisation......

Monkey and I are having a fun time at the moment, she's such a lovely age! She literally says new words every day, so cool! And despite the odd bit of naughty behaviour to other toddlers (a bit of hitting or pulling hair), she's mostly a delight. I'm willing this phase not to end!!!! (except the naughty stuff).

Though, I'm mot sure if she might be gettting sick???? She was mega tired on Fri and Sat, yest ok, but then last night spiked a nasty temp out of the blue at around 1030pm. (Had been unsettled and not sleeping well since 845pm). Today she is mostly fine, just still seems tired..... Not sure..... She's either fighting something off successfully or I'm wondering if it might be ear inf or UTI??? Will just keep watching her I guess....

Gotta run, few more chores to do before she wakes.

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

internet dating - woohoo - if it was not for the internet i would not be with the MOST amazing wonderful fella in the whole wide world - only catch is HE never actually did the internet dating we just met because of it - long story
    BUT pegasus just BE CAREFUL i was dabbling in some pretty naughty sites and i was getting in some pretty stupid situations but rsvp and sites like that are good - have fun!

just bought jemima the MOST exciting MOST over the top MOST AWESOME xmas pressie EVA!!!!
    JEM-007!!!!!

jemima is actually just recovering from being pretty sick the last 3 days! she had to get xrays yesterday as she was wheezing so bad and they thought she could have been headed for pneumia(whateva) she had fevers and was almost having trouble breathing - poor chook - but sleeping for 3 days, no swimming lessons and mummy cuddles seem to have her a heap perkier this arvo

monkey and all the other babies sound so so clever! i am still just getting babble out of jemima BUT i admit i have not really been trying too hard, it has only been this week that i have remembered what my 'job' is as a mummy and that my little girl has so much potential i just got to help her unleash it!

jayney - countdown is on! august 12 i am flying in!!!
    everyone tupperware orders in by july 29ish for jayne's party - LISA THANKS HEAPS FOR YOUR ORDER I will let you know about payment etc
    cate - do you want me to send you a catalouge?? we can talk layby, the sippercups the seals come off them when they are big enough and they can use them as a normal cup so basically it is a LONG term purchase, email me your postal address details i have a NEW email address just for tupperware
    [email protected]
    so exciting

oh oh oh and tomorrow i am hitting the sales to buy jemima a tramp and a toy kitchen and a collectable carebear (i think put them all on layby or bring home the kitchen - not sure what car i'll be driving...)

mwah mwah - footy is on and house is a mess!

oh yeah jemima has/had viral bronchitis if you were wondering have to take her back in a couple of days to get chest checked to make sure she is getting better

Kel - I'm going toy lay-bying tomorrow too... I can't resist a toy sale lol
    What is the the MOST exciting MOST over the top MOST AWESOME xmas pressie EVA if you don't mind me asking... I am totally intrigued!

I have been spending too much time begging my DH for another baby... I am driving us both bonkers! lol
    I know I want another baby, but I wanna lose weight first. Soooo... we have made a pinky promise to each other that we are going to start TTC in Jan 09. Which is fantastic for me because this will be before I am 35 (I've been advised to not risk any bubba's past 35) and this has/had been something that was playing on my mind... DH and I wanted 5 babies, but think it makes sense for us to stop at 4.

Ohhh... I have been loving buying pink things! It has been soooooooo long since I have bought tiny little pink clothes! With 3 nephews and Harrison born since Madeleine was born, I almost forgot what it was like to shop in the bubba girl section

Harrison doesn't have any signs of chicken pox yet thankfully... he is fairly chirpy and happy... just very snotty... so I am hoping this is a good sign and he will skip getting chicken pox and will be able to just get his immunisation for them... Jamie had them when he was a bubba and it was so sad that I really don't want to see another one of my babies with them
    I can barely keep my eyes open... I'm off to bed. I will do personals asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    What is the the MOST exciting MOST over the top MOST AWESOME xmas pressie EVA if you don't mind me asking... I am totally intrigued!
    it was benji's idea we wanted to get it for her last year but it was not available.... it comes with a miniture version so she will be able to use it before she is 16 but the main pressie i think i will use for her until then..... it is personalised plates!!!!!

JEM-007 for real, they are pink with white writing and we will have them in 7 to 14 days
    so excited!!!!

didnt think we would actually be able to get them for her, benji just came home one day in i think october last year and wanted to buy them for his baby girl, but they had not released that series yet so we have just kept checking and they have just now been released (they had to finish JEH or something before they get to JEM i dont know) but yes how cool is that! it is a forever pressie she will be able to use the plates until they dont have number plates anymore and i always thought it was cool our babies were born in the year 007!
    anyway TOTALLY over the top pressie but last year we only bought her a dustpan and brush/broom mop set and then her b'day 2 months later was a poodle backpack that is also a harness/lead (she is loving it at the moment thank goodness) so this is really the first really extravagant thing we have bought - i am so excited i cant wait to get them but benji wants them delivered to his work so he can show off his little girls number plates!!! heheheh teehee
    should have gotten tupperbub! (hey maybe if i do any better at tupperware i'll see if tupperchick is available but that would cost $2295!!! (jem's did NOT cost that much)

mwah mwah so so excited!
    mwah

ps - lisa - 6 months of weightloss with TTC in mind and you will be gorgous and ready to be a yummy mummy - you go girl! (so glad harri doesnt have chickenpox!) (2 more months and they can get vaccinated for it! woohoo)

Awesome Kel
    We have personalised plates... they're just a combo of mine and DH's initials. We pay for them yearly and they are something we forget about unless someone asks us about them! lol
    We love them though and that's all that matters.
    It's funny you say it though because we were on the RTA website a few weeks ago looking for personalised plates for Jamie for when he gets his car.
    Please take a pic of the miniture plates when you get them!!! I can't wait to see. I am so jealous that NSW doesn't have pink plates.

the mini ones are going to be maroon and white not pink and white but still too cool on her ride on toys or whateva, and then my car will look hot with her number plates on them until she is 16, who knows she may end up with my car.... yes normal people would have waited until their child was old enough to drive before buying personalised plates... but benji wanted to secure JEM-007 so thats that!
    on benji's car it was so weird we bought it with the plates BKW and the number 17 (jem was born on the 17th) in the number bit so it is like we planned it all along

i have slept in so have probably missed all the good toys at the toy sale so best i go have a shower and rush over there

jem has been waking up SCREAMING but there is NOTHING wrong - she is SO be a drama queen so we are not sure what to do about that....

Quote Originally Posted by smylie View Post
    on benji's car it was so weird we bought it with the plates BKW and the number 17 (jem was born on the 17th) in the number bit so it is like we planned it all along
    I had a friend who's first car had her 3 initials and 277 as the numbers, and she was born in Feb 77... she couldn't believe it when she went to view the car and it had those plates. She thought it was meant to be that she bought that car... she had that car for yrs, and kept the plates for every car afterwards too.

Hi Girls,

I SURVIVED THE KMART TOY SALE!!!!

Sorry for the lack of personals things have just been so hectic lately.

JAYNE - Hey Honey how does the 17th July soudn for our ctach up. Day before my b'day so good reason to have cake hey!!! Send me a PM with your email address so we can organise properly. How is work going?
    LISA - Congrats hon about your niece, how exciting. And another baby next year maybe, very cool!!!
    KEL - Love the number plate idea. Hon has Jayne got some catalogues as I will make an order when I catch up with her if that suits.
    KYM - Hope Monkey hasn't got sick. I agree I love this age. Erin has started dancing now when music is played, it is so cute.
    PEG -Hope next term you can start at your Motehr group darl/

Sorry this is short, gotta make some lunch and unload the car after the Kmart trip. Working at Crisis Care tonight haven;t done a shift for a few weeks so Erin can have some Daddy time. Normally goes from 5 - 10.30pm

xxx

too funny, i lined up with a friend at the layby counter and then couldnt be bothered waiting any longer and left, she had her baby with her so didnt want to push it
    i think we will go back tonight or i will go somewhere tomorrow - i should really do more shopping around..... toys r us are probably having sales too

what else are people buying??
    i am looking for the perfect 12v vehicle for jemima as well, something she can chase the dogs around with............. the neighbours kids just told me the front yard looks like a playground.... and well they are right, it looks like a circus!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast