Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

Hi everyone
    I have had a huge day today. I am emotionally drained so I won't go into it... I have posted a thread here if you're interested.
    I just wanted to pop in an say hi and I hope everyone had a nice weekend. DH worked yesterday and today was spent in the garden and doing a spring clean in the middle of winter. It was lovely to have some warm sun today
    I hope everyone has a fantastic week.

pegasus Guest

I'll read your thread very soon Lisa. :hugs:

I'm crying at the moment. I'm not uspet. I've just finally given in to my bottled emotions and releasing them. I'm talking to netguy now. I told him of how I feel, about wanting to move to Brisbane. And he said that it was ok. That he's always going to be there for me to talk to and that he's still interested in me. So I started crying. I feel like I don't deserve someone as good as him. But at the same time, I've been through hell, and not finished yet, and I do deserve to be happy. The crying is helping me heal. I've bottled it up for so long. The tax time has stressed me to the max, all caused by my ex still having my folder with all of last year's stuff and this years deductions. He keeps saying he can't find it, but I don't hink he's looking hard enough. My parents say its not at their house, when I went up after the breakup. I can't remember if I did take it there or not. And with the new federal budget, the centrelink payments could change. I need to claim as much as possible so I can build up my savings. I'm done crying now. Going to read your thread now Lisa.

Hi Girls,

LISA - What a beautiful tribute to your little angel, made me very teary.Hope your doing ok hon.
    PEG -Hope you feel better after your little cry. It sometimes is what we all need to do to release all the build up we get,
    KEL - Jem is very smart with her body parts. Erin keeps getting nose and ears mixed up!!

Not much happening with us, had a day at home and did a huge clean up vacumed, mopped and tidied up every room. DH,Me and Erin just had a beautiful warm spa ) not too hot being pregnant and all. Very relaxing. Have booked in for my Glucose test this Saturday YUCK YUCK!!!!

Question for Lisa and Jayne did you girls have toddler beds for your kids? Seen a gorgeous Wooden white one on ebay that I am thinking of getting for Erin. Will proably get it for around $85.00 then juts buy another cot mattress. It has wooden slats on the top sides to stop them falling out. Very cute and will used it for bothe kids. It is only about 20cm from the ground so alot lower then a single bed.Still pondering it.

wooohooooo toddler bed talk.... i've been buying up a storm on ebay all carebear stuff.... one day jemima is going to get home to a brand new very funky room!!! i love love the white helsvink ikea kiddie bed it will match jem's bookshelf and our tv unit so that will look great and all the rest of her shabby chic stuff is white and retro so it all should kinda match with the bright carebear vintage stuff everywhere and lots and lots of carebears and i just got a carebear alarm clock and wall clock on ebay too! and some vintage sewing patterns to make big carebear cushions

i didnt find the glucose test that bad when i was preg with jemima.... i was expecting heaps worse..... does erin come with you for your appointments???????

freakin conjuntivitis for the first time!!!!!!!!!!! not cool, had to pick jem up from daycare just as i was about to buy her some surprise goldfish..... so that was big change of plans then big wait at doctor to confirm it was conjuntivitis and get the eyedrops but weird as i can take jemima to daycare tomorrow!!??? i'd hate that ifi was other parents.... but of all days tomorrow i am actually working somewhere i have to go..... so there you go

Thanks so much for all your support girls

Kristy - Jamie co slept with us so much that he went straight into a big boy bed. Maddy had a toddler bed and slept in it until she was almost 3, then she went into a regular bed. I have been looking to get one for Harrison... only because he is addicted to disney cars and there is a cute one I have seen on Ebay. Then I could take his cot down and put it away for the next bub but I think he is happy with his cot still.

Speaking of cots... Harrison was playing peek-a-boo with us the other day in his cot and he slammed his mouth down on the side of his cot, and had a bleeding lip/gum... I was holding back the tears, he wasn't too upset, he just kept making funny faces and spitting out the blood.

pegasus Guest

What a brave boy Harrison is!

Thanks Kel, for the catalogue. But the bloody posty just chucked it through the fence as it doesn't fit in the postbox, and I found it today by chance in the garden, soaked though. So it arrived yesterday and it rained last night. So I have no idea what your handwritten letter said. It dried out enough for me to look through the catalogue. I'm sorry Kel and Jayne, I won't be getting anything. The only thing I wanted to get a year ago at a Tupperware party I went to was some containers (I think) and the Shape-O. But DD is too big for it now, and her block box has a shape hole lid, and she puts her blocks through the holes. Maybe next time. Finances are just a bit more strained, as I've just joined a gym (again, and I really need it. Me time, lose weight, get fit, DD plays at creche). So I have direct debits into my savings, DD's savings, some to my mum, health fund, rent (comes out of my pay before I receive pay), layby, and gym. Plus I have to buy groceries and other bits and bobs, plus I need money for the train. So expensive Tupperware is postponed. Really wish i could. But i just bought a second set of containers, so got plenty, and if I take care of them, they should last a long time. Perhaps when I have a family, I mean a husband, kids and me, Tupperware will be good. For now, we're doing fine. Sorry I can't order anything right now.

Im getting layers in my hair again tomorrow. I'm trying to grow my hair long again, and its at the stage where its driving me mad if I leave it down. Its too thick at my neck, so I tie it up and I'd really like to leave it down.

Waiting for my organic products in the post. Shampoo and Conditioner, cleanser and bar of soap for me, and a shampoo/bath wash, massage oil and nappy rash cream for DD. DD's skin is breaking out in nappy rash more easily, and my scalp is getting itchier, so really hoping the products come soon.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so generous. I made a casserole, to freeze for other nights, and as it was cooling in the open containers, my housemate came home. She started getting pots out to cook her boys and herself dinner, so I offered the casserole. I made it in advance for other nights and I just gave it away. She doesn't like taking things without giving in return. She always tries to give me some money (even $5) if I do some baking or something for everyone. I'm able to parry away the money sometimes, but she's forceful when she wants to be! LOL! Ah well, tomorrow afternoon I'll see if I have time to bake another casserole.

Going to the gym for the first time tomorrow. So busy morning while DD is at her father's.

dont be sorry about not getting anything!!! it's all good! there are not many 21 year olds that actually need tupperware!!! but of course i think everyone needs tupperware they just dont know it heheehehehehe
    jemima LOVES her shape-o more now than she ever has, loves to THROW it and loves to put all the shapes where they go, she forever comes over to me with it to open it up so the blocks fall out and she can put them all back in again
    pegasus - only stop being genereous if you cant afford it, make sure to think of you and DD first but really generiousty even the thought is a very very good thing, not enough people are these days
    its amazing how the little things can change peoples lives.

pegasus Guest

My housemate will pay be back either in making dinner for me one night, or by giving me money. I'm only generous in what I can afford to give. I mean, I was making the meals for a future night, so its not like I'm short. I'll make some more another night.

Maybe there are some new things coming out in Tupperware at a later date. The sippy cups look great, but at $27 for 4, I can't afford it. I'm happy with the cheaper stuff I have, just need to take care of it well.

What was your handwritten note? The ink had completely washed off by the rain. The envelope had no writing on it, so I was confused at first until I saw Tupperchick in the corner in marker. Ah, I said, the catalogue.

Hi Ladies,

Bummer missed out on the toddler bed on ebay at the last few seconds. Oh well I have seen one in the Traget toy catalogue they just don't have a price on it yet. Still a few months to go so not too much of a rush.

Kel - Thanks for the catalogues will sit down and have a proper look at them hopefully over the weekend. With DH shifts I just work my Ob appts and scans so Erin can stay home with me. Erin would trash the Dr surgery if she had to wait for 2 hours. Carebear them sounds gorgeous.How's the job going?
    Lisa - Thanks for the toddler bed advice hon. Hope yoru feeling ok sweet.
    Peg -Like Kel said being generous is a nice trait, but as long as you look after yourselfs so it does not put you in any hardship. Hope you were able to find your tax stuff.

Talking about tax stuff looking forward to DH putting his in as we electeed to get the lump sum payment for Family tax as I wasn;t sure if I was going back to work or not so that will be a nice bonus.

I was up from 12-2pm sitting next to Erin's cot as she was really unsettled as we all have a bit of the flu at the moment. Made me think in 3 months I will be doing this with a newborn feeding!! Starting to get a little scary!!!!

last night jemima had her first proper steak and 3 veg, she loves corn so much, but we havent given it to her her since she ate too much of it at a party and must have digested too much of the husk and had the worse cuts on her bum from when it came out the other end and hmmm squished between her bum cheeks heheheh poor love
    anyway she has been finally having dinner with us the last two nights just timing has meant she has still been awake and stuff which has been great, i just give her an iceblock or banana to streach her out while i cook dinner (two nights in a row i have cooked dinner too!)
    so firstt night she had chowmein and noodles and last night steak carrot, potato, garlic beans and corn on cob, then someone gave me a choc coated marshmellow teacake thing one for each of us for dessert but jem REALLY doesnt like choc.... it is almost like there is something wrong with her (hehehe) she will pick corn and carrot over choc and the other day at lunch i tried to give her chips and she was like no give me the tomato SHE LOVES tomato which is brillant but weird

we are going to the races with a friend with bub same age on saturday so that should be fun BUT COLD - will have to get jem's tights out so she can still wear a frock to her first day at the races!

Hi Girls,

It's been really quiet in here, just a quick one from me as I am about to go to MCdonalds cafe to catch up with some girlfriends so the kids can have a play.

Had my 28 week appt yesterday all went well. My Glucose test all was fine and she did another growth scan and bub looks great. Bub looks similar to size to Erin so Ob reckons it should be around 3 kg again

JAYNE - Hope Claudias op all goes well today, am thinking of you.
    KEL - How was Jem's day at the races? Did she back any winners?

Hope eveyone else is well. Love K xx

Hello everyone,

just quickly popping in for a quick update.

Brendan is happy but having a lot of feeding issues and weight issues, he's lost weight 2 months in a row now. cant remember stats off the top of my head he's now 9.4kg. I'm waiting to hear from the childrens hospy, they are going to fix his tongue tie! Brendan has ezcema now too, which is annoying!

We've moved house again and hopefully will have net back by end of the month!

take care

Jayne - All the best for Claudia today. Thinking of you both XX

Sally - Great to hear they're going to do something about Brendan's TT finally! It is a shame that it has taken them so long huh? It is the worst feeling when you see your bub losing weight. Here's hoping that after the TT is snipped he gains weight like a champion

Kristy - Yay for 28 weeks! OMG, are you getting nervous? Glad to hear all was ok with the GTT.

Me - Well... my poor little man now has chicken pox it is so sad too because he is covered in them... he has them at least 3 times worse than Maddy had them... they're all through his hair, covering his back and chest, down his legs, all around his neck, only 3 or so on his face, on his little winky He cries with nappy changes... I feel horrible for him! He is constantly wearing mittens but he hasn't wanted to scratch anywhere but his head thankfully. I've been using this stuff called Solugel Wound Care which I also used on Madeleine, she told me it took some of the itchiness away.
    One day I will have a non contagious home! lol
    On a lighter note, it is Madeleine's 11th birthday today yippee!!!

pegasus Guest

Happy birthday Maddy!

I got it worse than my brother. It may happen that way.

Sal, Brendan is a strong cookie, he's doing so well.

DD is doing well. Occasionally takes a few steps but not often.

hey hey
    chicken pox must suck! but 'at least he is getting them out of the way' and he wont get them when he is old enough to remember them....

yes jem did kinda back a winner! we went to the wrong place so was going to be late getting there so i rang my friend who i know from jemima's swimming and said for them to put 5 bucks on number 7 (coz jemima's swimming is in section 7) and number 7 won which meant we won $80! then we didnt back another winner but i didnt care that was good enough for me! i will put some photos on my/her facebook soon

i am just loving my baby so so so so so so much right now she is adorable! i thought she was going to bite me on the train the other day (she sometimes does that just to test me) but she didnt she covered me in big mwah mwah mwah mwah mwahs it was adorable and i've been a little upset lately over i guess life in general and she has been worried about me i think and has been awesome
    yesterday morning she brought in all these different cereal packets to my bedroom which i thought was really cute and then i went into the kitchen and foudn weety bix all over the floor - so i taught her how to use the dustpan and brush properly.... she LOVES cereal her favourite is miniwheats but she also the other day had one of her bowls and the nutrigrain packet trying to put nutrigrain in her bowl but the packet inside was rolled down so it wouldnt come out - so she had nutrigrain for entree before we had spaghetti bol the other night

i think what my 'problem' has been was that i started to think perhaps coz i do things differently i was doing things wrong with regards to raising my baby.... but now that i have been having problems and have kinda started everything again (i took everything I MEAN EVERYTHING out of my life and have slowly began pieceing it back together) i have realised what fun me and jemima have just being our own little team and doing things our way when we want to

i'm teaching her how to say "boom chicky war war" at the moment TOO CUTE!

hey hey jayney - your party is going really well considering i am not out the front tupperchicking away! if i was i'd be selling everyone a happy chopper and a pick a deli i love both those things and also probably rock and serves everyone needs rock and serves!!! do the grommets bother claudy?

Hello Hello! Remember me?
    I'm so sorry I went completely MIA. I went back to work, Alan came home, Claudy went to hospital to get grommets, it all just went insane over here & I didn't even get to turn the PC on, let alone get on it!

We are doing great, Miss C is doing beautifully after having her grommets put in. I don't know if anybody remembers me saying she had a cough, well she has coughed for 6 months now & the anaethatist came & saw me after her surgery & said he didn't like the sound of her heart while she was having the surgery & has told me she needs to see a paed as it sounds as though she is asthmatic or has some type of allergy. So I have a referral, I have to book an appt. I KNEW that something like that was making her cough, I'm just glad somebody picked it up.

Well, I will catch up properly over the course of the week, I'm only working Friday this week so I can get on BB more!

LISA _ Chin up sweets, you are a strong woman!!! I am so proud of you!

Love Jayne xox

PS _ Kristy, PM me about Thursday my love!

jayney - you SO did know there was something wrong with claudy!!!!! dont you love it when you are right!!! hehehehehehehe
    i'm still thinking jemima has some kind of hayfever coz i have busted the cleaner not cleaning jems room properly which explains why all the morning snot has come back etc! not coool!!!!

also maybe TMI but i THINK (remember it has been 26 months for me) i am FINALLY getting a visit from AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe) (if not something is going on which is very exciting!) (it means i have managed to destress a little i think!)(and jem is still getting her one feed a day!)

jem is in a big girl bed now this is day 3 and it is going OK once we get her to sleep in it - i think it will be better when we put the cot away completly as then she wont be able to see it and get confused.
    big girl bed buying tips -DONT but the ikea toddler bed i bought that is non adjustable - it looks gorgous but they dont sell doonas the right size for it so you have to use a single bed one anyway and it is kinda impractable to have to buy another bed in a couple of years time heheheheeh - but i like impracticle - i just do

oh and we finally kinda have a few words as well - she is such a good girl she now says "eeeze" when she wants something (and shows off her pearly whites) and "taaaaaaaaaah" when she gets it and knows "car" and still "bath" and "dad" which she SO FUNNY said this morning after she pooed her nappy but he wasnt home! heheheeh too funny she has her own words for other things and maybe knows "dog" she understands EVERYTHING though and even more awesome loves her backpack which is a harness!!!!! (it is a pink poodle and the tail is my handle - it works a treat as she always walks away and doesnt come back)

SMYLIE _ YOu have to bring the harness when you come over, just because I want to see it! Wow that's awesome that AF is coming back, I hope it all works out for you. Glad that Jem is saying some more words, she will just take off with words right before your very eyes. Claudy sprouts a whole pile of words & then goes quiet again & then says some more. She will get there. She has been saying 'there he is' but it sorta comes out 'dare e is' but we know what she means.

LISA _ How are you little Petal? Tell me, did you end up going back onto Cohens?

KYM _ How is Monkey?

PEG _ How's the girl?

TASH _ Where are you my friend??

Jess went back to thriving 3's today after the school holidays & when we picked her up Claudy busted through the gate & went running into her sisters arms! It was so damn cute!

Not much else happening here!

Love jayne xox

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast