Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #8

mummycate Guest

Lol Caryn!!!

I'm settling in well, Ellie is just adjusting to the heat. Its like 10 deg hotter here. Yes I'm always tired, when its my brother's computer and I get to go on during the day when El's napping (or I'm making her have a nap) or after he's done with it at night and gone to bed (after 10pm).

Just waiting on Terry to send up the safeTsleep, as we need it to keep El from rolling in the cot so she might actually nap and sleep. So far we've had her napping in the pram so she's strapped in, or in the cot at night, but she's got to be asleep for me to put her in there. Argh. If he didn't post it when I asked yesterday, I'll be mad.

Kym, glad Monkey is starting to settle better.

Tashie and Kirsten, I hope both your boys get well soon!

Jayne, have fun at the Spa! I've never been to a spa, and soon I won't afford to go...

Kel, Terry is being much better. I think the communication over wires is better than face to face.

Michelle, where'd you go???

Kel and Mich, we should get together. And so not at Chermside, took dad over 30 minutes to get a park there last night and even then we did a naughty naughty. So suggest a place and day, and I'll try and work it out. My brother is moving out and of course will have his car, and Dad uses his car to go to work, so we may not have a car much of the time, but I'm close to the train station so can train places and just need to check out the bus timetables about pram-friendly ones. Let me know girls!

cate, i'm so sorry i didnt realise you moved to qld!!! i thought you were in sydney still...! yes of course we can catch up... chermside is ok after the silly season is over on a random day there is always a park in the "new section" and usually heaps of space in the foodcourt, but we could find a nice park as long as it had shade and some breeze and meet there... let me know .... but after the silly season!

jayne, you are so much younger than i thought, i dont know why, maybe it the two kid thing?? gotta add you to jemima's facebook too, ho hum for time..... i am counting the minutes til benji gets home as then he is home for a whole entire week!!! i so excited!!!!

no i didnt pay kitchen dude for installation in advance so at the moment i have a $12K or so kitchen for just under $5k and he had quoted $1500 to install it was mates rates job as he is boyfriend of girl i used to work with..... i will NOT being paying full $1500 and have left ball in their court with regards to billing me as they KNOW i need to be compensated for all the stuffing arounds... and unfinished job....

JEM _ Yes, me is still a spring chicken. I've been married 5 years though & bought my first house when I was 18. So I am old on paper........

BBL for personals, my children are sooooooooo noisy I can't concentrate.

Love Jayne

mummycate Guest

Kel, I'll make a meetup thread for Brissie girls.

Kel - I didn't realise that Benji is away. Does he work away from home too? What does he do? How often does he have to go away?

All my IN are here, so i am happy and wont have much time to catch up with everyone. so i hope that everyone has a great christmas.
    love and kisses

Hi Girls,

KIRSTEN - Hope Quinn is feeling better. I remember getting the chicken pox a few days before I was to be flower girl at my Auntys wedding!! No fun at all!
    TASH - Enjoy catching up with all your rellies.
    KEL - Hope they sort your kitchen out soon, bloody unreliable tradesman!!
    CATE - Glad you and EL are settling in well in Brisbane , I lived there about 15 years ago, lovely place.
    KYM - All he sleep consulatnats suggestions sound great. I actually give Erin one of my satin pj tops which she loves. She lies in the cot and just snuggles up to it. Think its the satin feel and maybe the comforting smell of Mum.
    CARYN - Yay for Liebs the little Romeo !!!!Must have been very cute!
    JAYNE - Great that Alan is nearly home, hope that makes things a little easier. Day Spa you lucky girl. Which one are you off to?Sounds like it is very well deserved!!!
    ME : Hubby was on nightshift so went to get a few things from the shops. Was about to leave and strapping Erin in the car seat when I had a rustling noise and I looked down and there was about a 2 metre brown snake wriggling past me and it climbed the rocks. I Just screamed !!! Not nice at all!!!Our next door neigbour works at a reptile park so might ask her to find it!!!!

Off to a friends tonight just me and Erin as Hubby is on night shift joys of being married to a Police man always going to things by yourself!

KRISTY _ Hey Stranger, I"m off to Urban Retreats on the Rockingham foreshore. I can't wait! Only one more sleep to go. I told Jessica this morning we have to clean up the whole house so it's nice & tidy for when Daddy comes home. She has told everybody today that our house is a 'bomb' & if it's not clean by tomorrow Daddy will be a 'cranky boy'. The house IS clean, I just wanted to have it super-clean so Daddy thinks I'm a super-star! LOL. How is Erin? HOLY COW about the snake. Geepers, where abouts are you again> I would make sure that it gets removed, I'd like it see it killed, but them I'm not a snake lover. LOL. Oh yes, the joys of doing all the social functions on your own. yes, I have to do them all too. It's tiring with two little ones that's for sure.

Oh my, I did some Christmas shopping today & a beautiful little grey lop eared bunny just fell into my car. Oopsie daisy. I can't resist rabbits. I'm looking at breeding them for some pocket money. We already have 2 but I just couldn't help it. Jessica named him Cocoa. He's just devine. I love him. I thought my female was pg & we have been waiting for babies since Thursday, but so far none. I"m getting dis-heartened because breeding them is something I"m really interested in. I plan on getting a few more over the coming months, so it's bound to happen. Surely. Have you ever heard of anybody have trouble breeding rabbits? She has built a nest & all, just hasn't dropped any bunnies. God this rabbit is just stunning though, Have to go get another hutch tomorrow.

Love to you all!

OMG...NEWS FLASH...

TOBI HAS A TOOTH!!

He grabbed my finger and stuck it into his mouth while we were out at the shops today and I felt something sharp and pointy. I got so excited. Called over his Aunty and Grandma to have a look and then called Daddy. Other shoppers laughed at my excitement. So Santa is coming a little early with Tobi's wish.

Tashie - benji does not work away as such... it just feels like he does, he leaves about 6.30am at latest and gets home at 6.15pm at the earliest, that is why i do so much out of the house as I would go bonkers there 12 hours by myself every day!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO toothy peg!!!!!!!! which one! Jemima got teeth too after her bout of hand, foot, mouth!

WTG Tobes on your first toothy peg!!! Clever boy showing Mummy where it is too!

Love Jayne

It is the bottom on the left. Very clever boy for doing something that all babies do!! And it looks like it didn't worry him too much. There hasn't even been that much dribble. All babies are different I guess.
    Hope you are all well and happy.
    Love Tash
    PS. Welcome home Alan!

Hello

Just wanted to wish you all a lovely Christmas!!
    I'm trying to keep up with the posts, but I've been very busy, last minute shopping AND Brendan is crawling backwards!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! He drags himself to go forwards everywhere he wants to go, but crawls backwards. So exciting. Brendan has cross-cut 3 teeth, he has his 2 bottom and top left-of-middle. He had a check-up on Friday and is now 8220gms and 68cms long! I'm so excited he's catching up!

Hope all the other mummy and bubbies are well! Take Care and all the best

mummycate Guest

Oh fantastic Sal! I'm so happy for you. Ellie did the same, backwards crawling, and then figured out forwards and then up on knees and hands rocking and then scooching knees forward to meet hands and moving hands forward (cute little caterpiller) and then the rocking turned into coordinated crawling. So she went from backwards moving at around 6 months old to proper crawling at around 8 months.

Toothy for Tobi!!!! Wow, when El cut her first teeth, that day she showed no teething signs, only off her food and grumpy. I felt bad I never knew but she slept ok that night. She'd been teething on and off for several months.

Elouise is just about back into a fantastic routine. She wakes up at 5-6am, I pop dummy in and give her a cloth nappy to cuddle (for some reason she loves it, meh ok fine, as long as you're happy), and she wakes proper at around 7am. Then she has a 200ml bottle followed about an hour later by some food. Usually mashed fruit. Sometime in the morning she has a bath. She naps at around 10am, but today I am postponing bath for early nap time, as she'd have a great long one an her bottles are shifted later which mucks up bedtime.

I'll be back later, rain on washing and rearragning loungeroom to fit playpen better.

mummycate Guest

She had 45 mins this morning which isn't too bad and she's napping now and so is my Dad. We rearranged the loungeroom so we can walk around the playpen and not over and through it. She's been a little off her food because it was quite warm and humid now its cooler. She had vegemite on a strip of bread for lunch as her leftover brekky wasn't good enough. She ate almost all of it. And out of 8 scoops given, had 7. So not too bad there. So her routine is great and just after 2 days of me doing things at certain times, she just fell into step. It was so hard trying this at Terry's as he won't stick to it, or he's like, "well I have to do these things and you're at work, so she'll feed/nap whenever." GRRRRR! Its not that hard to organise the day.

Anyway I've been feeling really good here, but now I miss seeing my friends. Hopefully I get to meet up with some Brissie mummies.

hey cate - terry sounds the opposite to benji, i'm sure he would like a routine just so he knows what is happening... i just 'read' jem and know what is happening but he doesnt know where i am at so gets worried about doing things before i am ready or sometimes still is not aware that maybe i withholding boob feed so she have better solid feed etc!
    after the silly season i will meet up with you and maybe some of those other mums that have replied to your thread

ryn- babies kissing eachother is the cutest thing... jemima does it too to her girlfriends and boyfriends and some adults but there is big difference between adult kisses and baby kisses, she talks and says hi and gets all excited i love it... her and her 4 month older boyfriend crawl so fast to each other when they see eachother and mumble and squel away i wish i knew what they were saying.... have you got spot at daycare yet?? when do you start bacck at work??

jayne - i am old on paper too!!! i know exactly what you mean... i was engaged at 18 or 19 i think to first hubby then house buying the year later etc etc now done overseas thing and got another house and better hubby (i upgraded) now baby......

tashie - tobi IS clever for getting toothypeg.... he at least will be thinking he is.... they find it so weird that there is this strange thing in their mouth then they bite everything

jemima's christening was so cute, she splashed all the holywater out of the bowl, it was so funny will write more about it next time i have chance, have to go to bed, BIG day today and another 2 big days coiming up

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful Mummy's and a Very happy 1st Christmas for all those beautiful bubs !!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Well done Tobi on your tooth! So very exciting. (BTW, does anyone else use "tushie-peg" or is it just my mother - and yes, I have asked her repeatedly to not use that.) Oh, what a clever boy to have a toothy-peg, well done you, you can really hurt people with that bite now!

Kel, I bet Jemima is so cute with her kissing. It's so gorgeous to watch! DS walks towards his girlfriend (or rather power-charges) and it would be cute to see him do it without help. And to see them talk! Oh, babies are so cute. I can't believe my mother thought I was boring at this age. She's mad.

As for us, I've already upset my mother by asking her to stop telling me everything is "harder with two". I'm getting sick of it. So I said I understood but didn't find it very helpful and she hung up on me. And we're staying with her for three days. If she lets us in the house! I'm half-hoping we have to turn around and come home, I'll call my aunt and tell her why we won't be turning up the next day. But I also want to see people so I'm half-hoping she's over it. Ah well, it's not Christmas without a big family feud!

Have a very joyous and blessed time this Christmas and give lots of Christmas kisses to your babies (and families and yourselves!) from me and Liebling.

mummycate Guest

Happy Christmas everyone!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and bring on the new year!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast