Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

We had needles yesterday. DD was grizzly in the afternoon but slept well last night. This morning she has a little tummy upset and have done some big spews all over me! See how she goes, might give her some panadol later depending on how she is.

Happy 4 months today to little Lakshman Prama and have a safe and wonderful flight.

We still havent rolled here but she is on her side a lot of the time.

Happy Saturday to everyone.

Have a safe trip Prama and Lakshman!!!!!!

Thanks so much girls!

Boy it's hot and humid! Thank god we've got a/c in the bedroom. Lakshman was good on the flight, he slept a bit, he cried a little when fighting off his sleep but thats normal for him now.
    it was a bit tricky havign him and gettign bottles done and all but the crew were fantastic and dH was helping making formula and all. (I'm still comp feeding) i gave him the boob take off and landing and he was ok and didnt cry. he got pretty restless and hungry the last hour (8hrs but because of delay it was 9hrs) and i was trying to hold off the feed until they started to descend. but he was coming off the boob while landing and i had to keep putting him back.
    M'sia is 2 hrs behind Syd, and as same time zone as WA. We landed an hr late at 9.30, and by the time we got off and got our luggage and got home it was 11pm which was 1am Syd time. and we went to bed an hr half later. so it threw his routine out the widnow.. he wanted to play and not sleep. he kept waking up every 2-3hrs and had a feed. so i havnt slept much. we're going to get a portacot for him today. he slept in the bed with us adn i was worried about his wrap comign off and covering him etc. so i ddint sleep well.

anyway, that's the update. we'er trying to aclimatise to the weatehr. poopy is in a singlet with little holes for very hot weather nappy and his cheeks are all red so he's feeling the heat too.

sue thanks for your big good luckmessage! you're so sweet!
    jacki - hope luke feels better.

it's noon, im hot and gettign sleepy. going to give him afeed and have some lunch and maybe a nap.
    bbl

xoxoxoxxoxo

Hi guys, sorry it has been so long again since I have written. DD has been quite a handful and is not sleeping well AGAIN! I don't understand why some babies are sleeping 12 hours a night at this stage and sometimes I can't get her to sleep at all!! The only good night I have had was last week after her needles!

prama - sounds like Lakshman went well on the flight, I'm glad to hear it. I hope he gets his routine back soon and you have a great relaxing time while you are away! They seem to change so much at this age - DD is different every day and learning so much. It really seems like they are not babies anymore!

minky - it's funny when they roll over and then don't know what to do! The first time DD rolled onto her tummy she cried because she doesn't like being on her tummy so now she just rolls around without fully rolling onto her tummy so she can still roll onto her back again! It keeps her occupied for ages!

ash - sorry to hear you have PND. It sounds like you are on top of it so that is good. I'm glad to hear that DF got some time off to help out. DD is also getting quite an obvious bald patch from sleeping - it looks funny!

jen - that must have been so scary! I am glad to hear that Amber is ok now.

jacki - I am also not sure what to do about the dummy. Since DD has taken one, she is so much easier to settle and I think it helps her get to the next sleep cycle too, but at night she cries every time she loses the dummy (which can be every minute some nights!) so then I spend all night getting up to put it back in again until I give up and just take her to bed with me! You just can't win sometimes!

Hi to everyone else.

Does anyone let their bubs sleep with them? I was really strict about not getting into that habit at first, but now it feels like I spend half the night trying to get DD to stay in her own bed, when I would get much more sleep if I would just let her sleep with us. I am trying so so hard to do the right thing, but it is sending me insane! I am not sure what else I can do. She doesn't need as many night feeds now, usually one at around 1 or 2 and the next will be around 5-ish (and then often she decides it is time to start the day!), yet she still wakes up a lot. Often it is because of gas (which seems neverending, no matter how long I burp her for), or else she has lost her dummy. I really thought she would be sleeping better now, like most other babies are, but I feel like I am losing the battle! Any tips??

A big WELL DONE for prama!!! Congrats on making it to KL without too much drama; not long to go now before it is our turn...

Bun - Apparently at 4 months they go through another developmental stage that causes them to wake up again during the night. Jasper used to sleep through, but is now waking again at 12 and 3 and then up for the day at 6. And sometimes he's really difficult to settle (day and night). Jacki has started a thread about it too, I just can't remember whether it was in General Discussion or in Baby and Toddler Information... Hopefully they will grow out of it soon!

Hi to everyone else!

Hi Everyone,

We had our 4month immunisations yesterday and my 'little girl' weighs 7.2kgs and is 63.8cm long which is slightly heavier and longer than her brothers at this age!!
    She had a good night but we will see how she is today.

Prama -- great to hear you arrived safely. How is Lakshman settling into things? He must look very cute in his singlet. Have you caught up on your sleep?

Esme -- when do you fly out??
    DD has been waking at night also but usually just once sometimes she will go back to sleep and other times she wants to be awake. I agree I hope they grow out of it soon but then they will be getting teeth!

Bun -- sorry to hear your DD has been a handful. My two boys were terrible sleepers and were awake two to three times a night until about 6months of age. I am sorry if I have posted about my DD sleeping so well too much -- I just can't believe how different she is than my DS's. Hang in there they do really settle into a pattern by about 6months they grow so much and develop so quickly. Some babies are just very awake and difficult to settle. Look after yourself and just do what works. My bubs never really slept with us as they just wanted to play but there were a few times that that was what worked so we just did it.

JenJams -- hope DD has settled after her needles.

Jacki -- how is DS going. How are you??? Hang in there it does get better.

Hi to everyone else
    Have a good day
    Sue

Hello everyone.
    Bun- I hope DD is improving for you as we speak. DD has not slept with us. I dont think she would sleep with us anyway. Do whatever works for you.
    Sue- Well done on such a healthy girl. My DD has recovered now from her needles. Now to wait til the 6 month ones. Well done on a great sleeper too.
    Prama- yay on getting to KL in one piece. Hopefully Lakshman is settling well for you over there.

Hello to everyone else.

We had our 4 month maternal health nurse visit today. Amber is now just over 6.6kg and is 64cm. She has only gained 600grams since the last visit but the nurse said she was healthy so nothing to worry about.
    We were given a jolly jumper yesterday and Amber Loves it. She is in it now just moving around.
    She is still sleeping well at night but yesterday everytime we put her down to bed during the day she screamed and screamed until we got her up. These kids test you everyday.
    Apart from that nothing really else to report.

Wishing everyone happy babies.

Noooo don't tell me he'll be up during the night again in two weeks... I've just got him into a good pattern!! Heck dammit. We have our needles and 4 month check coming up on Monday and Tuesday next week. I expect DS will weigh over 6.5kg as two weeks ago when I weighed him he was 6.4kg. He seems to have shot out of 000's and almost already ready for 0's in body suits.. doubles barely fit his torso... !
    Day sleeps... are short... if they happen at all. I guess I don't mind but I wish he would be happy without wantingh my attention. It's hard to get anything done and then he gets so worked up that he just wants the boob again.

I am exhausted, tired all the time and it seems no matter how much sleep I get I want more. I think it's the PND but I wish it would stop, I feel like a walking zombie - worse than after I first had DS.

Bun - I let Alexander sleep with us every now and then but he's still in the bassinet so it's only when he is really unsettled that I actually put him in bed for cuddles - which is rare as he hates being cuddled. I'm thinking when I move him to the cot I'm going to put the cot in our bedroom, I think it will make it a lot easier, it's also one less room we have to heat!

Prama - glad you made it A-OK. So glad you have i-net access; didn't know if you would, and would have missed you if you were gone for so long!!!

Happy four months to all the babies - congrtats on all the beautiful weight gains.
    Sorry for the short post.
    Hugs to all.

Hi guys. Thanks for all your support re DD not sleeping. The last couple of nights have been a little better. I am trying so hard to get her day sleeps right in the hope that it will help with her night sleeps. She is now in the habit of waking around 11pm, but she is not hungry. Then last night she kept waking up for an hour and a half and I finally decided to just leave her to cry for a bit, since nothing seemed to be helping, then got her up again and she did the BIGGEST burp, so obviously that was the problem, but I can't believe how long it took for the burp to come up! Other than that she was ok last night and didn't get up until nearly 9am which has never happened before. This age does seem to be a bit of a challenge, she has changed so much lately. Her latest game is constantly rolling onto her tummy but she can't roll back again, so I roll her back and then it starts over again!

ash - hopefully Alexander will keep up his good sleep pattern once he hits 4 months. Sorry to hear you are so tired. Are you taking anything for the PND? They can make you tired, so that may be it if you are taking something. I hope you start to feel better soon!

jen - DD loves her jolly jumper, it's the best toy ever!

sue - don't apologise for mentioning how well your DD sleeps, it must be great for you to have a better sleeper after your DSs! I just wish DD could start to improve a little as I would love a proper night's sleep! Hopefully by 6 months she will begin to improve.

esme - I have noticed that DD has learnt so much more lately, so I guess that could explain why her sleeping isn't so good. And once they get past this stage, then I suppose they will start teething and that will begin a whole new raft of problems!

Hi to everyone else,

Bun xx

Bun - sorry to hear you are having such a crap time with DD sleeping. Its hard isn't it. But keep reminding yourself that it will pass and get better. One day at a time - that's how I am dealing with it. I have never had DS in bed. He is just too noisy. I am using a dummy for both his day and night sleeps. Usualy get atleast on sleep of 2 sleep cycles during the day. I have to get up at night and put his dummy back in. I was speaking to a MHCN about it and she said at 6ths start by putting the dummy in their hand and then to their mouth and hopefully by around 8 months they should be able to do it by themselves. (Obviously that means attaching it to their PJs or sleeping bag by a VERY short ribbon).

Jen - I have been thinking of getting DS a jolly jumper but didn't know what age they could be in them from. Think I will get one this weekend, they look like such fun.

Sue - DS is being better. I think he was going though a massive developmental spurt (I think one of the "wonder weeks"), awake for 2 hours between 1am and 3am, been grizzly etc etc. Seems to be a bit happier with himself now.

We had needles on Monday and I had a grumpy bub for the next 2 days. Almost back to himself except for the poos - OMG !!! Think I will get shares in napisan.
    Took DS to be weighed at the child health centre this morning - 8.08kgs - what a little buddah !!

Hope everyone is well
    xxx J

I spoke too soon about DD being a good sleeper. The last couple of nights she has woken twice during the night when she was only waking once and she is waking earlier in the morning than usual and she is back to her old tricks of not sleeping during the day and getting cranky and then being in a foul mood in the evenings making it very difficult to her her to bed.... I too hope this is a developmental stage and hope she gets better soon. It may also be teething. But when she is happy she is still laughing. She is feeding well. So who knows. She does have nappy rash at the moment too.
    She loves her jolly jumper. She was dancing away in it today. She talks a lot when she is in it.

Bun- Well done on Catherine rolling. Hopefully she is over her worst and you and DH can have a much easier time of it.
    Ash- I hope all is well with you and your DF is looking after you and your little man.
    Jackie- Yay on a good day sleep period. I wish we could have at least one sleep cycle here. Well done on his weight gain. After my DD being over 10lb at birth she has certainly come back to the pack at 6.6kg.

I hope all babies are well behaved this weekend.

Carley- I have been wondering about you. So good to hear Lysander is doing much better. And, there is nothing wrong with FF. You do what is best for you and him.

Hey Carley, yeah you've jumped back in, we've missed you in here! You sounded quite upset and distressed last time you posted (and rightly so) - I am so glad to hear Lysander is doing so well. I know what you mean about them wanting 100% of your attention when they are awake - I find it really exhausting ! I am going out today to get a Jolly Jumper so that at least I can be in the kitchen and DS can be near me and watch me so I don't have to spend the entire day on the loungeroom floor with him Emily must be a great help.

Hi Carley, it is good to see you here again! I had been wondering how you were going. There is absolutely nothing wrong with FF, and it seems to be working - what a big healthy boy! Your DD sounds like a little angel too. I am glad to hear the medication is working and you are finally having an easier time of it! They sure are hard work, these little guys.

jacki - you will love the jolly jumper. DD can entertain herself in it for ages (well, the max time they can be in for anyway) and it is so much easier to get stuff done if they are set up where you can see them. DD cracks me up in it, she looks so funny in there and chatters away to herself while jumping as high as she can. It was worth the money! I will have to try teaching DD to put her dummy back in once she reaches 6 months too. At the moment she tries, but often ends up grabbing it and flinging it across the room (and then screams while I search her bedroom for it until I give up and get out a spare one!)

jen - sorry to hear that DD isn't sleeping so well again. They always seem to do that - as soon as you think you are in a pattern and they have figured it out, it all changes again and you have no idea why! I think my DD is around the same weight now, but I really should get her weighed again. I love the seat in your pic - we have the same one!

The last couple of nights DD has slept better, thank goodness. I think a lot of the time the issue is gas, but it is so hard to get up sometimes! She even slept until 9.30am the other day and I had eight hours sleep! Not all at once of course, but in total, which is much better than the usual 4-5 hours I get. We even went out last night and left her with my parents and sister (three babysitters for one baby, seems a bit ridiculous!) and she was a good girl and we had a great night.

Hi to everyone else, have a great weekend! I am going to get a massage now with a voucher I got for christmas but hadn't had time to get until now. Lucky me!

Bun - I bought a jolly jumper but got one second hand so no instructions. How long can you leave them in the JJ for ??? Also with the dummies - rather than just having one dummy, fill the cot with heaps of them so they are bound to find one !!! I can just see it now - 1 baby, 55 dummies !

Jacki I only leave him for fifteen - twenty minutes at a time in the JJ.

hi girls

thanks for your wonderful thots. poopy is back into his routine but it's so hot for him.
    and im getting very annoyed at friends/family saying how fat ive become.

carley glad to see you back!!! and lysander's better.

sorry, cant do personals again. poopy is grizzly. ive read all your posts.. and always thinking of you all.
    esme - not long to go, the flight crew were great, im sure you wont have a lot of problems. only thing i found tricky was trying to get poopy on the boob when the seats are so close together and it was hard holding off, toppping up while waitng for take off and landing. it's hard to time these things.

Hi all!

How is everyone?
    Jasper is still waking up during the night, but only 1-2 times. Never sure when though... He is changing his day routine and is sometimes happy to stay awake for about 2 hours and then sleep for 2 cycles; this is sooo much easier as it is only half the settling and he settles quicker too! Hopefully our travels won't upset this too much... Only one week to go.

I borrowed a Hugabub from my SIL and we absolutely love it! Jasper sleeps in it and it is really comfy for both of us. We will definitely take it on the plane. Not long to go now... I am feeling a little bit more confident after reading your experiences Prama, and the discovery of the hugabub. Prama, thanks for the advise; Jasper likes to kick off against whatever he can plant his feet against, so we are up for a few rough feeds and sore nipples on the plane. I might have to try to turn sideways, but that might not be possible during take off and landing...
    Sorry to hear that your rellies are giving you a hard time, Prama, just what you need from family! Not....

Welcome back Carley and hi to everyone else!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast