Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007 #2

How is Eleanor going on her new formula Michelle?
    Angel seems better, she has another blow out, but it wasn't sour & it was very watery, I guess she must be getting rid of the last of the lactose milk, I dunno, I surely hope so!

Michelle??????????????????? How is Eleanor getting on now?
    Angel is off the thickner, no chucking, she has had 5 bottles with out it, waiting to see what the nappies are like now.

Hi Storm,

I was going to PM you but you've not got your plat membership.
    I had to take Eleanor off the new formula as she was taking it even with putting thickner in it. So she's back on the AR for now and the liquid medication seems to be working when i can get her to take it. She loves to spit it out. Eleanor also started to be a little sick on the other formula so i don't think her tummy could cope with it even with trying a slower teat.

How is Angel doing today ?

I'm hoping solids will sort things out a little.
    Going to see the physio next week.

Angel is going really well, I've taken away the thickner & she did a normal poo & there was no vomitting!!!!!! Wondering now whether to use the LF or the normal one as I think it was the thickner, but am going to go another week with the LF to see.
    Also started solids too, seems to be OK. Zaccie thinks it"s revolting, he gaggs when I feed it to her, so so funny.
    Shame Eleanor loves to spit it out, so does all this mean she has reflux? It is so hard to work out what is wrong, these past few weeks have almost driven me insane.

My PM should be back soon, only prob is Shannon PM'ed me the bank details & now I don't have the membership, I can't get the details..LOL

That's great Angel is doing much better and you've put her on solids. Did you start with baby rice ?
    I'll have to find a slower teat and try Eleanor on that to see if she has reflux if i use some normal formula that should help. Not sure what i am going to do with my tin of LF and thickner that i put with it as she won't take it at all.

It is hard not knowing what is wrong and working it all out. I'm hoping once i start solids things will get better. Maybe i can use the other formula to add to baby rice and any food i have to make that way i won't waste it.

Hopefully you get your plat membership back soon. I've had a horrible few days that is why I was missing.

I was wondering what happened to you, I went to PM you, but haha no PM.I want to pay for it tomorrow, but I haven't got the details anymore. So I'll just have to wait.
    Keep the formula aside you never know what the next few days might bring, I am going to try Angel on the normal formula in a couple of days, coz I don't know if she is Lactose intolerant or if she just couldn't handle the thickner, although she did vomit heaps with out it with the normal formula, so I'd say she is, I guess I'll give the old one to the dog.

Yep, I just got the farex stuff,( lactose free) she's not really used to it yet though.

Is Eleanor better now she is back on the losec? Does that help her with the vomitting? I thought that the AR formula was thickened? Uhh I've really got no idea with all this AR LF HA AR lables on the cans.

Hope you are holding up OK, I was starting to get worried.

Talk to you tomorrow,

How are things going Storm ?

Eleanor seems a little better now she's back on the losec but she hasn't had any today and has been a little sick. Poor thing is so tired from having a house full of ppl today. I have to remember her jabs on Monday.

I'm doing okay still feel a little down but getting better. I'm off to have a rest before i do anymore. We had a party for Alex today and Eleanor woke at 5am so i am ready for my bed and it's only 3.40pm.

Hoping Alex had a great day Michelle!!

Angel is going good, tried her on the normal formula, just to check, but nah, spewed everywhere, back on the LF & she hasn't spewed or done any gross foamy poo's either. Makes me feel awful for putting her through weeks of it.
    Hopefully Eleanor will sleep better for you tonight. Hope all goes well with her "jabs" lol.
    & happy 4 months too!!

Hi Storm you are going to think i am a total nutcase but i have only just realised your name is Jo. Do you prefer me to call she Storm or Jo ?

I just replied to your hair thread.

Not sure what is going on with Eleanor she's starting to bring her milk up again not sure if the liquid medicine is working for her well. I'll give it a few more days and then i might book her in to see the doctor and talk about it and seeing if starting her on solids will help.
    She's starting to suck her thumb now and it looks so cute but DH doesn't want her to do it.
    I can't believe she is 4 months old already.

LOL Michelle, I don't think you are a nutcase!!!!!!!! You can call me Jo, if you like.
    Poor Eleanor, hope she is OK, Angel had a few chucks today too. Can't complain though her poo's have been great.
    Maybe she was just having an off day?
    He he Angel is sucking her thumb too, & my DH hates it as well, but what can you do? Sometimes she sucks on her whole hand.
    Maybe solids will help her, I started Angel earlier in the week, but I haven't managed to give her some everyday.

**ETA** gorgeous picture of Eleanor **
    Last edited by storm; May 12th, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

Not sure what we can do about the thumb sucking other than cutting it off and I don't think that is a great idea. DH said that i must be able to buy something that tastes horrible to stick on it to stop her from doing it.
    Me i don't care as i have been trying so hard to get a picture of her doing it and at least it will save buying dummies and you can't lose a thumb can you LOL

Eleanor's poos are still the same but not as bad as before she took the losec. I would just love her to do a solid poo and when she does i think I'll dance around the room.
    I'll pick up some baby rice when i go shopping at the weekend so it's there for when i make up my mind in what to do. I'm sure Kimberley will want to help me feed her.

I cried when Angel did a solid one LOL it was her very first one ever.
    Zaccie gags when I feed Angel & yells "no" at me he things the stuff is gross, no way would he help me........
    I don't mind her sucking her thumb either, gets a bit annoying when she wants her dummy & her thumb while we're trying to sleep, all we hear is slurp slurp slurp.

LOL at hearing Angel slurping when you are trying to sleep.
    Eleanor sometimes wakes up crying then goes back to sleep i wonder now if she is sticking her thumb in to her mouth and that is getting her back to sleep.
    When i gave Eleanor the S26 AR she did better poos maybe i should try her back on that one and see what happens. I'll try anything to help her poo better. The way i am going with formula i am going to have some many open tins in my pantry soon.

LOL with the formula, I have 2 different kinds going.
    I have wondered if it was the thickener that started it all, but she was chucking up so much before it, I guess she was lactose intol & we just never knew it, makes me feel bad.
    I would give Eleanor a ful can of the S26ar & see how she goes,it took Angel a ful can of LF before her poop was OK, then I gave her a day of the normal it was chuck city, all day I used up 5 spew cloths. Now I only use the 1, well today we used 2 cos she chucked more.

Jo don't feel bad at only just working out Angel is lactose i never knew Aelx was for ages as his was brought on by him having gastro once.
    Eleanor woke at midnight for a change as she normally sleeps all night but she's had a busy couple of days where her routine has changed. Hopefully today things will be back to normal. I'll get some S26 AR once i have used my two tins of Karicare AR last thing i want is heaps of formula around.

Michelle, I must thank you so very much for helping me through this with Angel. You'll never know how much your support has meant to me.

Jo i am only to happy to have been able to help you out. It's hard when you don't know what is wrong and no one else really doesn't know as well.

Eleanor is a bit up and down at the moment. She was really unsettled last night when trying to get her to sleep but once asleep she stayed for 12hrs. I've stopped the losec to see how we do without it. I think it's been 5 days since she had any.

Good news with the losec, though how long will it take til you know if she doesn't need it anymore?

Angel is just vomiting all the time now, looks like I'm back to square 1, poo's are great so I can only have 1 or the other. I still believe it was the thickener causing the yucks. I checked out S26 AR & Karicare AR last night &they contain the same ingredients as the thickener, so I don't think that will be any good either. Ohhhhh I just don't know what to do. Maybe I will try it any way. Still got over a month til we're back with the pead, so I guess another phone consult will have to do. Maybe she isn't lactose at all.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast