Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #2

Hi everyone, I've been reading but too slack to post.
    I'm not suprised that some of the littlies aren't fond of The Wiggles. Personally I think that there's something a wee bit off about 4 guys in skivvies doing that thing with thier fingers. Yasin is more of a Dora the Explorer fan.
    We don't have any poo stories here but Yasin has taken to putting his hands down his nappy so I'm geussing it won't be long until he finds some poo.
    Yasin still isn't talkng much but he seems to have new words often so I think he's just a bit slower in that area.
    I got some photos taken of my boys last week. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Yasin threw a hissy fit and wouldn't let Imran near him so we couldn't get a conventional photo of the two of them together but the photographer did get a lovely one of him blowing a rasberry on Imran's tummy with his nose all squished up so I'm getting that one printed and an individual one of both the boys all in one frame. I hope they turn out well because it cost a fortune.
    We're off for a swim this afternoon if DH ever gets home. We're not doing lessons through winter but I wanted to keep Yasin in practise and Imran's old enough for his first swim.

Michelle, after my first period it was a few months until the next. Lots of girls have irregular periods for the first year or two so Jordan might avoid a period on holidays.

Dasch- I hope she does avoid it the next month, fingers crossed for her!!! Hope the pics are gorgeous, prof shots are dear aren't they. I am due to take my kids again soon, bt have a lack of funds to pay for them so not sure when I will get there. have to do it whe Jess is bout 2

Dachlostar those photos of your boys will turn out great if your photo gallery has anything to go by! I can't believe how big Yasin is now! They are both absolute stunner's.

Michelle I hope Aaron redeemed himself!

We did some IKEA shopping today, didn't get heaps but mainly to check things out & see if they were what we wanted to get. I think we should do okay, trying to piece together what we can do to make this spare room the "girls" room... and how to get things to match etc.... Its hard to even imagine atm with the dark walls & very boyish furniture... but we don't have to have it finished until they are both moving in together so we have a little while.

Hi girls!
    I have ready everything, but it was way too much for me to remember for personals!
    We are a sick house atm, with Aidyn having fevers & a cough for the last 30hrs, and I have been feeling off all afternoon.
    As long as we are all better by Tuesday as DP is taking us up to Treetops resort at Montville for my birthday!

We ended up getting the monkey harness backpack for Aidyn, and I did a trial run on the bus and to the city with him on Thursday. It worked really well, he was very well behaved and didnt tantrum... probably because he was so interested by his surroundings!

Uni starts back for me next week... not looking forward to it as I have 8am starts on both Mon & Fri, which means I have to drop Aidyn off at daycare at 7 on the dot which is when they open. Ha, I am sooo disorganised in the mornings, so will see how I go...

Just today we have noticed that Aidyn has finally progressed a tiny bit with his speaking. He said a 3 word sentence ('one more car'), and has FINALLY started saying No to us. (isnt that the word that is meant to be picked up first, and used the most at this age? LOL)

Anyway, I can still hear him in his cot awake atm, I think his coughing is keeping him up... poor thing, wish there was something I could give him. At least he's not crying, though that will probably come later.
    Better go to bed early tonight, as I expect to be up again for half the night with him like I was lastnight...

Kellee Guest

Howdy all. Almost looking forward to DH going back to work (almost!) because he keeps hogging the computer and I don’t get to post!

Christy – yep, I thank god for BB quite often! Hope all is better with Matilda now.

Bon – Good on you for letting Grace have a tanty in Woolies. I always feel proud of parents who don’t give in to the shopping tanties! Oh dear about the poo… I’m just waiting for that to happen here!

Nikbrad – sorry, I had to laugh at the pants drama, but I’m sure it was no laughing matter at the time!

Tegan – thanks for the crayon tip! What a good idea!

Mooshie – that is so cute about Lani with the reader! I wish Charlie was talking, but he won’t, little bugger. I think he knows how but just isn’t interested. 12 kgs isn’t that little I don’t think, at least I hope not because that’s what Charlie is too. Good on you for staying strong on the food front. I think it’s so important. It helps them develop a wide range of tastes (Charlie’s favourite food atm is mustard, believe it or not, and he has eggs benedict with us for breakfast and loves it!). Hope the tww proves fruitful for you.

Mitch – bloody hell, I can barely keep up with you! No wonder you’re such a little thing – you’d burn up so much energy! Hope you got that massage in payment for single parenting!

Dach – the photos sound lovely. Are you able to post them somewhere for us to look at?

Ambah – wow, Treetops! I hope you have a fabulous time. My parents stayed there a few years ago and they still rave about it. Hope Aidyn is better in time for you to enjoy it all. Have a wonderful birthday too – when is it?

Hello to anyone I have missed too.

DH is still on holidays, but I bet we’ll be sad when he has to go back to work (still two weeks away, thank goodness). I’m single parenting tonight because he’s started back at his radio station shifts, and so far it’s all going well. Fingers crossed it lasts! Charlie has started to settle down a little bit when Toby cries – last night he didn’t wake up once – so hopefully this is the beginning of the end of two screaming babies! He’s very sweet with Toby actually – if he’s not screaming when Toby is, he comes over of his own accord and gives him a big hug and kiss. I hope these two are good friends. That would be very cute.

Anyway, should get while the going’s good and go to bed to get some, um, oh, I’ve forgotten the word… it’s something you do with your eyes closed… oh yeah, SLEEP. Hope you’re all well.

mooshie Guest

hi kellee

sounds like things are going really well with your two. i bet you are liking the help with dh around, although my dh is better off being at work as he just gets in the way sometimes pmsl. charlie will talk soon enough and then you won't shut him up. ds was a slow one to start talking but now omg you can't shut him up, should have heard all the questions and why's, what's and if's tonight - of course things in respect to afl, he reckons he is going to play with the hawks, sits there and does the recording of stats all night, then asks me football related questions like i know the answers pmsl.

anyway just a quick hello to everyone, was just actually wanting to ask mitch a question. you have the fisher price dollshouse for your girls yes? i am not sure if it was you or not, but someone said they had one. i have put one on layby at kmart was $39 save something like $30 would this be the same one, it has a doorbell on it i think, didn't really read about it on the box just grabbed it as it was the last one there and i wanted to get out of the shop lol. but now i am thinking maybe the little people dolls house thingy might be a goer cause it closes up, not sure help me out lol, we have the room as we have a big rumpus room which has only toys in it - i think maybe the fisher price one would be more traditional - arhhh don't know what one would be good, also were do you get the fisher price dolls furniture from, i found a few packs at big w for $15 but haven't seen them anywhere else.

okay thats it i am knackered so i guess i will hit the sack, lets hope all this tiredness is a good sign, hi to everyone and hope you all have a great weekend, we are being very boring over here and doing absolutely nothing lol - making up for it in the next month tho with parties etc.

night all

just a quick reply for mooshie - i got the fisher price my first dollhouse from kmart the other day - it doesn't open up like the bigger ones but has very easy access to the rooms - you can buy three sets of extra furniture (bedroom, baby room & lounge room) kmart had them for $9.99 each - i know the big one you mean that open ups - i just thought id start eliana on a smaller one & see how she goes

will get back to updating tomorrow night

Oh we were thinking about that doll house as well. The Fisher Price ones.... but we have missed the sale I think now.

Well... things going okay here. Still tired LOL...Matilda was a handful tonight but went to sleep early so I hope that helps her. She was so cranky after day care but had a great day there, probably just got worn out there.

We put that doll house on layby for Lily for xmas. I hope she likes it!

Oh soemthing great has happened too. Since Lily was 3 months old she's slept with a sleep wrap, the one that goes around the mattress and then around bub. We tried to 'wean' her off it at about 15mths but she wouldn't sleep withit. Well i'm pleased to say that she has now gone 3 days without it and that is including day time naps too!

Yay Tegan what a big girl Lily is gtting to be, and those crayons sound great, we need them around here, I keep finding drawing on things all around the house.

Michelle- I have got the Loving Family Dollshouse, which is qutie big and does open right up. It is different to the y 1st DOllshouse (which is fairly new), the thing is the loving family one is supposedly discontinued, I brought mine offebay, and have not seen them in the shops at all, also I got the furniture off ebay, but my local toy kingdom did have some furniture. The My 1st dollshouse doesn't have much furniture with it, as Mel said there are 3 different sets and the people come with the house. Hope that helps!

Ambah- good luck with being on time for your early classes, it is so hard to rag kids out early, but you can take him in his pj's and he can be dressed later on! As long as you pack everything the night bf you should be right. Hope too that you all get over the sickness, don't want to miss the special treat, so what is this place you are going to.

Kellee- so good to hear things are settling down at your place, Charlie and Toby are sure to be good mates, although it won't stop them from fightiong sometimes LOL Jemma and Jessica can play together so beutifully and then sometimes......but mostly they are loving sisters lol
    Christy- I am so jealous you were at Ikea, wish t wasn't so far away from me cos I would practically live there. lol Hows Matilda's head?
    Can't think if I have missed someone. Hello to everybody and hope you are all well
    hugs Michelle

Ambah on Monday's I do what Michelle suggested, I bring Matilda in her pj's and bring her breaky & clothes with us to be done there. I have to be at work at 7.30am so I wake Matilda up and we have a cuddle for 5-10minutes and then head out.

Michelle - Ikea is only 25 minutes away and it is so tempting being so close. Matilda loves it there & loves exploring the kids area. I also like the fact that there is a cafe, so we go & get some meatballs to share to break up my shopping

Matilda's head is getting there, no relapses LOL... just a big blob of purple glue. I can see the scab underneath, so I'm just waiting for it to start coming off. We have started shampooing her hair and putting conditioner on it to help it. Only started yesterday & I think we'll do it every other day. Its pretty ugly...

Hello girls!

Both babies asleep at the moment, so time to post a bit! (my nanny is on holiday - arrrrrrg! but so many of you are handling 2 without a nanny all the time, so spoiled little me will shut up now)

I was actually trying to post on the weeken but there have been so many posts, I only got to read half and then the kids woke and that was it..

Kellee - how long will DH be with you guys? It's so nice he can do that! Unfortunately my husband can't really stop working as there is no one who can do is work ... but at least he can sometimes work from home if he has no meetings and I can put Zara in his lap (if she is happy) and do stuff with Wolf / just worry about one kid getting into trouble.

Christy - I think I read that toenails can be dodgy in the first 3 years or so. Wolf has horrible big toenails - the constantly rip and are bent and crooked... yuck... and surely painful too... I try to cut them as often as possible but somehow they keep going funny. Have you tried tea tree oil with that purple glue?
    Oh spaghetti bolognese.. yes, Wolf is a big fan too! And peas and rice (odd, huh?)

Bon - lol at the NO phase. I always know Wolf is tired when he says NO to "do you want some chocolate?"
    Arrg on the checkoutlady asking if Grace was okay... My favourite (NOT) question is "What's wrong with him?"
    Oh no on Grace getting her nappies off and smearing poo everywhere. Dunno why but Wolf has not figured out how to take off his nappies. (Thank God) So no poo stories at all from here. He does take off his pants when he does not want to sleep and throws them out the cot (and everything else that is in there, including once the mattress of the travel cot he was in) but that's about it.

Nikbrad - lol on the clothes tanty. Wolf does not care what he wears (maybe it's a girl thing?). No, we don't have family around (hence the nanny). DH's family is in Sydney and my family is in Germany. I frankly don't know how I'd survive without the nanny. She comes from 10 - 5 every day (out of which 2 hours really are idle since Wolf naps from 1 - 3 but oh well) but I appreciate being able to focus on Zara while the nanny entertains Wolf. Simple things like going to the park are such a mission with 2. Wolf is too little to play on his own, which means that I have to abandon Zara in the pram and chase after Wolf. Yesterday she had to be fed and I was watching Wolf like a hawk from the bench in the park. He climbed up ladders and went down the slide on his own but I frankly prefer to be there just in case he does slip on the ladder... (and he was on the "No children under 7"-slide). When I finally got back to him, he was in the process of throwing bark around and he was covered in dirt ....

Michelle - that sounds like something I should try with Wolf when he is older. I do not give him chocolate or a biscuit after dinner if he did not eat any, but having a sibling with a big ice cream in front of them is probably more effective! Hopefully Zara will be a better eater than him. Lani sounds very advanced with her speech development! So cool. Wolf loves to sing Bob the Builder in German. He does not get much of it, but he does say "construction worker" in German and "build it" Also, he currently has this two-word phase, where he describes objects ("big mess" , "little crane", "red car", "tall giraffe") - it's so cute and he seems to enjoy being able to describe things in more detail.
    re. weight, I weighed Wolf at the gym of the hotel on Saturday. He was 10.9kg. DH weighed him on Sunday and he was 10.6kg (I guess the difference of 1 pee/poo) - DH was very surprised as he thought Wolf was 12kg or thereabouts (hence the second weighing - he did not believe me).

Michelle (Mitch) - oh poor Jordan - I hope she won't get her period when with MIL... that's got to be awkward for the 2nd time. SIL told me that when she was little she was and was doing synchro, one of her coaches said to her to use a tampon, when she said she couldn't the coach apparently said "ah, just wipe well and just get in the water quickly - the cold water will stop the bleeding" How insensitive. She did as was told but was just mortified.
    Arrg on Arron going out all day and the next... men... *sigh* (don't get me started)

Oh bummer -s omeone's awake... and I only got to Dachlostar's post!
    Chat later girls!

Snowy

Christy - Sorry i must have missed it but what happened to Matilda?

SNowy- well done on getting that far. You are a lucky girl having a nanny!!! And how nice to have both kiddies sleeping at the same time, I remember that when Jess was born, her and Jem would go down around the same time but Jem would only sleep for an hr so I knew I had todo whatever I wanted to do very quickly. What does your DH do? I am very impressed with Wolf's 2 languages, I think it is such an amazing thng that kids/people can become bi-lingual. Will he go to a school which teaches both languages too? The story bout the friend and making her get in the water was awful, some people are so insensitive aren't they?

Christy- good luck with getting the goo off.

My back is killing me. I am booked in for a 30min treatment on thursday so I don't have to hang out much longer. It is so tight it is giving me pins and needles in the hands. Which makes me worry, makes me think I may be having a heart attack lol I know that is irrational but I can't help it lol

got home day tomorrow and was sposed to have a gf over but I haven't rang her and it is too late, have to call her in the morning. Kids are all well, although I think Jemma is coming down with a cold. I too had a touch of a sore throat this morning which went away through the day, so hopefully it won't progress.

Gymanastics was great, Arron came along as he had no work, and the girls just LOVE it so much. wish I could catch up n my washing it is just endless, I need a washing lady.lol
    have a good one

Tegan, almost 2 weeks ago Matilda was chucking a tanty running away from DH who decided to make a joke of it & pick her up & throw her in the air, unfortunately she went into a shelf instead & got her head cut open, so we had to rush her out & instead of stiches they used glue which is purple & blobby. I was told it should fall off after a week, but its still there. Today a bit of it came off in the shower but that was at the end where there wasnt much of the cut, so maybe that scab is starting to pull away now LOL... ah well.

Took Matilda to kindygym today & she LOVED it. She went absolutely nuts! She came home so tired, she ate her vegemite sandwich & asked to go to bed. YAY! Been asleep for 2 hours now.

Aww poor Matilda! Never heard of a glue being used though, sounds odd lol.

Yay Christy that is great! SO glad she had fun, what sorts of equipment did they have? What did she get to do? A nice long sleep sounds like a peaceful resting time for you.

Jessica has been wearing undies all day under her jeans and so far so good, comes running for wees and does it on the toilet. I wouldn't leave the house without pants though. But it is saving me money on nappies thats for sure

we have swimming this arvo for Josh and Jordan, the little girls are going to mums while I am there and then we have to visit my aunty tonight for her bday. Usually Arron takes Josh swimming and I stay home but his school night has changed to Weds for the rest of the year, (end of OCt) so that buggers me up. Anyway best go, want to go make a tooth fairy cushion so I have a boy and girl one. My digital camera is out of action as it needs a new battery, they won't stay charged anymre, so I feel lost, normally I would snap the pick load it on the puter and be posting pics all over but can't do that now Boo hoo!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day

Kellee Guest

Tegan – that’s good news about the wrap. We had all kinds of hassles weaning Charlie off his wrap. Glad Lily is doing well. Love your belly pic too! Looks like you’re all baby – good idea. I put on FAR too much this pg and I’m regretting it now!

Snowy – wow, a nanny! How awesome! Although I have my Mum to help now and then and she’s fab, but a nanny would be unreal. Sounds like you guys are all doing well, even if you’re busy!

Mitch – your poor back! I really hope that your appt does some good today.

Christy – what kindygym did you take Matilda to? Is it s free play one or are there people there to help the kids do stuff? Charlie is going through a crazy high-energy phase at the moment, so something like that would probably do him good! Pleased to hear that Matilda’s head is healing ok.

DH has taken Charlie to see MIL because he’s got too much energy and he won’t stay still. He keeps running around here and bumping his head into stuff and getting grumpy, so it’s just me and Toby atm. Oops, I can hear him… better go. Hope you’re all well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast