Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004

Kelle - Lachlan had a Hydrocele. His write up about it and his surgery is in the childrends medcial conditions forum

Love

Wow, I seem to be going through the opposite thing here...Kaleb pretty much wants nothing to do with me since I've been home from hospital. He is taking things badly, far worse than I ever expected, I've underestimated him and how much he is aware of. He gets very anxious and teary for no particular reason, and is even off his food, which is sooo not him. I'm trying to give him as much attention as possible, and Freya is being an angel and not taking up much time at all, so he's not really being ignored. My mum has been staying with us, but went home today, so maybe now as things get as 'normal' as they're going to get, he'll start to settle down again, but it's really upsetting.

Jo- it is a very big adjustment to all in the house, I say just keep doing what you are doing and Kaleb will settle, if you have had your mum ther too then things will really have been out of the ordinary. Soon Kaleb will be fine about his new sister, I promise.

Theresa- I hope the pead gets to the botom of Em's FTT, that is not good at all. Hope it doesn't resort to tube feeding cos that isn't very nice.

Having 2 babies is an adjustment for everybody that's for sure. Jordan was almost 5 when Joshua came along and she had her nose out of joint for awhile LOL, she would butt in in front of anybody who was talking to him and do all sorts of attention seeking stuff, naughty stuff which was unusual cos she was always a good girl. But it was short lived and she got used to sharing. I think they act up for awhile no matter what age they are. As long as you spend time with them, and esp alott a time for alone time, they get it sooner or later.

hugs to you all
    michelle

jo - poor little guy - guess its a big upheaval for him to get used to & although freya isnt taking up much time he still knows she is there (my nephew wanted to take my niece back!) hopefully now there is just the 4 of you he will get back to his old self

mitch - lol at jess's converstations - they are so funny with words - its like eliana cant get enough of them - how is your business going?

theresa - fingers crossed the drs get emmas FTT under control

kellee - im glad things are going well with your little boys - is charlie happy that toby is here?

i cant remember who else posted so im sorry if ive missed you out

eliana had her chicken pox shot today - was so good, didnt even flinch & the dr was impressed with her saying thank you when he gave her a balloon at the end - eliana is now 84cms high & 12 kilos & is currently piling toys up on top of me (i have a laptop) guess that means she wants my attention!!

mooshie Guest

hi girls

jo sorry to hear that kaleb isn't coping to well atm. this may not help, but i remember my first dd being a little upset about having a new baby in the house (she was 21mths when he was born) she was a real clingy bub and definately a mummy's girl, i will never forget the tears she cried when i had to leave her with mum and dad when i went to hospital to have him - or the tears she cried when i came home with her brother, or the tears she cried when it was time to leave the hospital after visiting - you get the picture. anyway i was speaking to a really good mchn about this and she gave me heaps of great advise but one thing stuck out was that to try and spend 5 or 10mins a day one on one with the older child doing something they want to do - be it digging in the sandpit with them, coloring, drawing, singing - whatever there choice make it special and all about them, it really worked for us. we also went to playgroup once a week which was my saving grace as she had lots of little buddies and they were all becoming big brothers and sisters too. the behaviour didn't last to long and they had a very loving bond. you will get there don't dispair things will work out just fine.

mitch how's it going? looking forward to school holidays, ours start today as ds school has curriculum day tommorrow, i am looking forwad to sleep ins and all the fun activities we have planned - omg we are going to be flat out, my diary is jammed packed for the next two weeks - so many fun things to do, plus my mums birthday and my nephews b/day both will be big as one is a 60th and one is a 1st and they are both next weekend, phew i am going to be buggered. lets hope the weather holds out

jessica sorry to hear aiden isn't liking to be left atm - i bet he gets over it really quickly. they go through all sorts of funny stages good luck on the ttc game this month too

[B]kathryn[B] nice to be in hear chatting with you again. how's is your little family going, are the boys excited about another sister/brother. i see you are having your scan soon (i do read your update lol) are you going to find out for sure and if you do are you going to tell you bb friends - pleesssssssse. btw my guess is you have a pink one on board, but then thats just a 50/50 guess lol

mel how are you going? cheeking eliana throwing toys on top of you whilst on your laptop, lani comes up to me and tries to take off my glasses when i am on the puter (i only wear glasses on computer for eye strain) so i guess she is giving me a clue lol

theresa sorry to hear about emma's ftt. i hope things get sorted soon for you.

hi to everyone else. not much happening here, just getting over this fluey thing i have had, all i can say is thank god for codral lol, i know that the 6hrs is up when i need another. lani is good but i think hers is turning into croup gees louise i sooooooo hope not. she was off earlier in the week so i guess it was what i started with the aches and pains and general feeling like **** - but today she is a little bit hoarse and a little bit barky not full on croup but certainly sounds like the start of it - i soooo hope this is as worse as it gets as i don't want another episode like last time with the docs sending me straight to hospital ready for her to be incubated. i was contemplating taking her to docs this arvo but she is happy in herself sort off, you can tell she is not quite right but she is sort of happy and playing and not tooooo whingy, she ate dinner tonight (her favourite spag bog) and has been drinking heaps of water, i have the vapouriser going in her room so lets just hope that does the trick. thing is they won't give the steriod medicine until it is full blown croup which usually happens during the middle of the night and dh is on night shift - so lets just hope it doesn't go into full on croup.

anyway i will stop typing gosh i am a gas bag pmsl sorry for boring you all. have a good night, i am at a loss withouth the amazing race to watch might have to watch the footy show

Michelle Hope it doesn't turn into croup, that would be awful. Sounds like you will have funthis hols. We are POOR so not much will be happenng here, oh well it is the quiet season for steam cleaning

Mel- business is a bit quiet atm, I have joined the BB Market place so the link is in my signature. I am having a few supply problems atm and also waiting for my uncle to organise a shopping cart for my site. I should be able to start entering stuff into it by the end of the weekend and then hopefully it will go on very quickly, then all I need is to win tattslotto so I can buy all the things I want to put on there LOL
    ANyway my gf and her kids just left, school ends tomorrow but I am not going to worry about waking the kids tomorrow, they break up at 12.30pm anyway and I figure I don't need to wake up early lol
    have a good one.
    michelle

Hi everyone, just a quicky from me - my boobs have just started leaking so I geuss that Imran will wake up and want a feed any minute now.

Jo, Congratulations on your little bubba!! Yasin was really cross with me when Imran was born. In the hospital he basically refused to cuddle me or sit on my bed and when we got home it was all about daddy and he ignored me. I made an effort to put him to bed each night so we could have a bit of quiet time together while we read his story and now I try and spend a bit of time each day building block towers or playing ball etc and we're friends again. I'm sure that Kaleb will adjust too but it will take a little bit of time.

Kellee, congratulations to you too.

Michelle, I hope its not croup. Yasin had it a while ago and it gave me the heeby jeebies.

Michelle, I took a look at your site. You'll probably have an order from me in november when SIL has her baby.

Tegan, yay for Lily's words. Yasin seems to be going backwards in that department which has me a bit freaked out and the ECHN still hasn't runfg me back about an appointment. I'll have to chase it up soon.

Hi to everyone else.

Heya Mooshie !!

Kam is definitely excited about having another baby coming home. If you ask him if the baby is a boy or girl he will tell you outright it is a girl and that is just off his own accord. We will definitely be finding out the sex on Tuesday if bubs lets us of course lmao, and yeah we will telling everyone as we both hate referring to bubs as bubs/it/ etc. So want to say a definite he or she and use his or her name.

Love

Hey Dasch
    good to hear that things worked out with Yasin, you really can't blame them for being ****ty when a new bub comes home, their whole lives change. I look forward to hearing from you in Nov, sounds like your familyhas a baby boom, is it just the 2 of you with bubs this year?

I kept the kids home but Jourdan was up at 7.30am anyway lol, I do have to go to the school at 12.30 anyway cos Jordan's friend is coming to play after school and have to bring her here. My plan this hols is to get the kids to take more care with the packing up of what they had tpo play with. You would think the bigger kids would be better at cleaning up but they aren't. Josh has to clean his room today and we have to run around and tidy up the other stuff the kids have been playing with last night (as my gf left so late, the kids didn't pack them away last night).

We have a fancy dress do at the footy club tomorrow night, I am waiting to hear if mum and dad will babysit. I am ****ed of at MIL cos she tells everybody how she minds our kids all the time, whenever we need her to, however most of the time we ask her she has plans or backs out at the last minute. Well she can't do it Sat night as she is going out, the last time I asked er a month in advance at the last minute she decided to go to QLD and not come back till the night we were sposed to go out, and all the other things we have had on this year she has been BUSY!!! (or she organises something when we ask). Now I do not believe he should drop everything for us, but what pises me off is that she tells people things that aren't true. People have the impression that arron and I go out lots and she looks after the kids all the time and that's not true. She has come twice in about 4 mths and watched the kids long enough for Arron and I to go down the pub and have a meal and ome home. We left the over noight at 6.15 and were back at 8.25, and we went 15mins drive away. Anyway just thought 'd ***** about that lol. Does anyone have a great MIL?
    best gt moving, gotta unpack/pack the dishwasher, put the washing on and dress the kids, then it will almost be time to go pick up Jordan's friend
    Have a good day
    Michelle

Hi girls!! I'll just apologise in advance but I can never seem to "do" personals LOL....

WOW at the new big brothers & sisters. Matilda went to the midwife appt with me today & she was surprised at hearing the heartbeat, but then wanted the doppler put on her belly to listen too.... pretty cute. I'm positive she'll get her nose out of joint too.

BUT its her big day tomorrow. I'm baking her cake atm, a marble cake & I'm pretty excited now. She doesn't seem to have any idea about her birthday, but I hope having 4 other kids there tomorrow will help.

Croup. We had a croup/asthma scare the other night. We went to hospital at 4.30am (can't remember if I updated in here) and by the time we saw a doctor she stopped the breathing difficulty. So they decided it was either one but couldn't diagnose anything until it happened again :roll eyes: luckily it hasn't & I went to our normal GP to let them know & they gave us a script for pred drops jic... thankfully. I don't want to have to do anymore early morning rushes to the hospital!

mooshie Guest

hi girls

thankfully no hospital trip last night, i think i have caught it in time with the vapouriser and raising her cot - she has the snots big time today but not green yet so she is on some demazin poor little mite - she will be better soon.

christy = yup the croup is scary. my first dd had it when i was around 8mths preg with ds. when lani got it last year i wasn't as freaked as i had been through it with jessie so i took lani to gp for the predisoline (sp) anyway stupid gp thought she had epligitis (which is why they are immunised for hib) and sent me straight to hospital. hospital confirmed was just croup and was given 3 doses of steriods. i went back to my original doc a few days later cause i was so ****ed off at the other gp and she looked at the notes and it turned out lani was at stage 3 of croup, stage 4 is basically when they need to be incubated and apparently lani was pretty close to that stage and they were a bit worried cause it happened in the arvo and they thought she would reach stage 4 by night time thats why they sent me to hospital - sheesh it wasn't great, i was a mess.
    any omg at matilda being 2 yrs old - wow it goes fast doesn't it.

kathryn - yay i reckon kam might just be right about a little sister. my ds wants a brother next time cause he already has a sister lol, i told him that it i can't make to order lol, he said doesn't matter anyway i just want another baby - so do i lol.

dach - sounds like all is well over there. try not to worry to much about yasin and his speech it is quite possible just a little through back cause of imrans arrival - these little people have funny ways of expressing themselves. a friend of mine had her 2nd baby when her first was 3yrs old and had been tt for ages well about 2mths after the baby came along the toddler started to go behind the couch and go to the toilet, they had a real battle for a few months but then things got sorted.

michelle - when you get the trick on how to pick up after themselves please do tell your secrets - would love to know lol. jay has this terrible habit of playing with something then leaving it and getting something else out. last night he decided to "renovate" his bedroom, i wasn't game to look and when i took him to bed omg the room was a shambles could hardly get in there, so i just said oh well you made the mess you will have to put up with it so i left it, lol - he cleaned it up this morning after me threatening we won't go anywhere today if he didn't. it worked. went to mcdonalds and had a play with some friends then came home cause lani was getting crabby, he is home 5mins and starts whinging how bored he his omg give me a break, he is playing playstation now so hopefully he will be occupied for a while, arhh nope he just announced he wants to go to a friends house to play - arrhh i might send him outside to kick the footy around.

better go - high to everyone else

Hi Girls, Nikki here, I'm new to this area of the forum and look forward to joining you all for a good chat.

Welcome Nikki, what is your gorgeous litle girls name? And when was the birthday?

Christy- hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATILDA!!! Gosh that was quick getting to 2. We haev lots of bdays through the year as all my close family we go to see them on the night of the bday so she sings the song and gets to blow the candles and is getting quite good at it. I'm sure Matilda will have heaps of fun when she realises it is all about her, and how gorgeous at wanting to listen to her tummy too. I have a feeling you will be right \about the nose out of joint thing but she's allowed after all she will be a big sisterLOL I hate how the kids come good by the time they get seen, used to happen to mine all the time. Really ****ed me off lol, we would finally get the dr to see us and the child would be running around emerency Hope things are all ok and you don't need the meds.

Michelle- its amazing how quickly kids get bored isn't it? Not sure how well my mission will go, bythe looks of Josh's room it will be a joke, a huge disaster lol Josh ordered a brother when I was pg with Jess and was most upset that she was ANOTHER girl! He did ask would I have another so he could have a brother and I said what if you get another sister then there would be 4 of them, and he said well maybe we shouldn't worry lol

Arron and I went down the pub for a counter meal and gosh I feel so crap after sitting in the smokefilled bar...my throat feels all clogged and tight and I can smell it on my clothes. I LOL really cos I am an ex-smoker and one of the worst I just can't stand it one little bit. I didn't even want to go but Arron insisted, and you know the thing is we were sposed to go out tonight, I am hoping Arron doesn't wat to cos it is $45 a head and it's BYO, and a dress up too. Pretty dear really! Have to see. Arron wasn't even interested in sitting int he pub for long, there is nobody around, all YOUNG kids lol so we stayed for 1 drink only.
    ok well better go
    cheers Michelle

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY MATILDA!!!!

Hope you have a great day today. Enjoy your party and eat lots of cake!!!

Christy can you belive that it has been two years since the girls arrived??? I am sad in some ways but love the personality that she has developed and the little girl that she has become. She is certainly no longer our baby girl! Hope you hav a great day and that the weather is perfect for your picnic party!

Asha's birthday is tomorrow and we are having a party at home. I was going to have it at a local park but didn't trust the weather this time of year but as it turns out it is going to be a gorgeous day tomorrow! So we might even have the party outside ...

Going shopping for party stuff today and then making the cake tonight ... a Dora cake (surprise, surprise!) so that should be lots of fun!

Better go and get Jack ready for football ...glad its him running around in the cold this morning and not me!!!!

Cheers

Michelle, I was just wondering how you'd gone with quitting the other day. Congratulations on giving them away sucessfully!!!

Happy bithday Matilda, hope the party is lots of fun.
    Happy birthday for tomorrow Asha same for you, the cake sounds gorgeous Kelly, are you another clever girl in the kitchen. I made 1 attempt at a no. 1 and failed miserably lol, I decided I will buy and decorate only lol
    Dasch- thanks for the encouragement. I must say it was hard, but once I made the decision......I stuck to it, unlike some others in this house LOL. I gave up 24th Feb 2005, and though I will admit to having a coupleon 2 seperate occasions (social drinking things), I have managed to kick it so far. I don't plan to ever smoke again that's for sure, and I wish Arron could make the decision too cos he is a heavy smoker, where I was about medium, and has been soking since he was 15 so I am really scared for what is to come for him, esp since, 1 of my grandfathers died from emphysemia and the other lung cancer. Oh well unfortunately it has to be your decision for it to work.
    I am home with just Jess atm, and she is in bed. Mum has my neice at her place so Jemma has gone to play with her, and Arron took the other 2 across the rd to watch Kilmore play footy. Looks like we are going to the ball tonight, much to my disappointment, and I will be the worst witch ever cos I don't even have a cape lol
    i really thought arron was going to say it was too much esp since he was thinking that last night, but he went around to a mates who convinced him to go AARGH! Bugger.
    I am thinking of mucking around with the sewing machine while I have quiet time. I was dreaming about sewing up these door names last night and it was really buggin me.
    see ya
    michelle

Happy Birthday Matilda! Hope you had a great day!!

AAARGH!!! I have been mucking around trying to make stufflol and discovered that the way I want to be able to sew isn't the way I can sew. I am trying to use a normal everyday sewing machine, I am ok at cushions lol. Now I understand why I have been hooking up other people who can sew things for me. To be fair to myself I am going from scratch not using a pattern or instructions so I guess that I am setting myself up for a fall lol, oh well I guess I will just pay my sewing ladies and keep practising. And the other things is I guess that the last time I really sewed was about 16 years ago, can't remember everything.
    hugs michelle

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast