Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004

Hi!! Thanks everyone for the Happy BIrthday wishes for my beautiful girl! I still can't believe it was 2 years ago... the first year felt like forever, but this past year has flown by.

We had a great day in the park & Matilda was very well behaved, I'm not totally sure she knew it was all about her, but when we sang Happy Birthday & I put the cake in front of her she blew out the candle!! So cute. I made a marble cake in a heart shape with pink icing & hundreds & thousands around the outside, I was so proud my cake worked out LOL. I should have some photos up in the next few days when things settle back down here. The IL's loved seeing her in her element in the park & playing with other kids so that was great.

The best time was at the end when DH packed the car & said, "why don't you go out for coffee with your friends & I'll put Matilda to bed" Woo Hoo!!

Happy Birthday Asha for tomorrow!!! I would love to see the Dora cake! I hope it works out well Kelly.

I don't know if I am allowed to put links in to photos or not but here is the photo fo the Dora cake that I made last night.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...acakesmall.jpg

We have had a busy morning with all the unwrapping of a gazillion presents and then there is more to come. Better go have to clean the house and sort out the food.

Glad to hear Matilda had a great day! Asha so knows it is all about her LOL ... Asha's presents, Asha's cake, Asha's everything today! She even sang Happy Birthday to herself!!!

Cheers
    Last edited by kelly2202; June 18th, 2006 at 10:23 AM.

Happy 2nd Birthday Asha. Enjoy your day Sweetie Pie.

You've done well with the cake Kelly, Even I can tell that it's Dora LOL (we don't have pay TV). Which reminds me, I haven't even thought about what cake to make for Paige, I will have to get the women's weekly out...

So cute that she knows it is her day.

Christy, I think your DH needs to give my DH comes tips LOL. I am so glad everything went well for Matilda's party.

I think it was because at 8.45am when we were supposed to be leaving in 15 minutes I had a freak out at him because I gave him a list to do in the morning & he still wasn't dressed & hadn't done most of it... so when he sent me out to coffee he said "sorry for dropping the ball this morning..." Nice!

Back again, i'm enjoying seeing everyones news - new babies are just the best aren't they!

Mitch4now - Our gorgeous girl Mackenzie Rose has just turned 2 on the 12th June. The time has just flown. She is a great kid, very good apart from the hitting and biting but we are managing thru that!

Must run, I'm selling my car and I need to go and get some new tyers on it. (bugger)

Yay Christy for Matilda's successful bday and super WTG on the coffee thing. I can only dream that would happen here lol

Good work on the cake Kelly, it looks great! Do you think Asha has abetter understanding cos of the bigger kids?

Good luck with the car selling Nikbrad

I am in so much pain, I have this stabbing pain in my chest, right about where my heart is, but I think it is muscular. My back is sore in the middle and it corresponds to the pain in the front. Not sure what to do, when I breathe in it hurts, like a knife in my heart. I think I should go to the bone crunchers. I have bad posture so I think that contributes, plus I spent Sat night dancing like a nut and maybe I put things out.

Well I guess I better go gotta get to the Post office bf it closes and I have to take everyone cos Arron is working late so not home yet
    hugs to all
    michelle

Michelle thaqt pain sounds just like the pain I get when my middle back goes out. I would recommend a trip to the Physio if you can ... and get it seen to. Mine doesn't click back in anymore and the pain is unbearable!!!! The first time it happened to me I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to die!!!

Hope you cen egt it sorted!

I do think the older two help Asha to understand things a lot better! She is pretty switched on (even if I do say so myself LOL) She got a new jigsaw puzzle for her birthday (she got 3 actually) but the one that she did yesterday, I helped her the first time and then she was able to do it herself! She knew where all the pieces went she just had a couple upside down or sideways but soon worked out what she needed to do to get them in. She will also be able to ride her bike in about a week I think ... she knows what she has to do from seeing the older kids ride their bikes!

Asha didn't sleep yesterday at all ... and for the first time ever took herself off to bed at 6pm and was alseep as soon as her head hit the pillow, which meant that she didn't get to speak to Grandpa in the UK as she was already asleep ... but the best news is that she slept straight through until 6.40am!!!! Think we might have to say good bye to day time sleeps. Don't know how happy day care will be about that!

Speaking of day care ... had better go get the munchkin and then pick the other two up from after school sport!

Cheers

mitch - hope your pain isnt too serious - could it also be from sitting at the sewing machine - i get a sore back though not a sharp pain from sitting sewing

glad everyone's little girls had fun 2nd birthdays - it is kind of sad they are growing up & such little people now

we made a trip to bris airport today - a friend i have known since i was a baby & is eliana's godmother was in bris on business so we went to have a quick lunch - she was amazed at how much eliana had grown in 8 months & looks so different from photos - my friend has 6 weeks to go in her pg & it made me soooooooooo clucky - no chance of that happening unless i find a sperm donor!!!!

Kellee Guest

Jo – I hope things have settled down now that your mum has gone home. It’s such a period of transition for them… I know he’ll figure out what’s going on and be cool about it soon. In the meantime, lots of hugs will get you through.

Theresa – IKWYM about the naughty corner! Charlie does exactly the same thing. If you find that magical ‘something else’ let me know, will you?! I hope you find out what the FTT is all about soon.

Mel – yay that Eliana’s shot went ok. Sounds like she’s doing really well weight/height wise. She’s about 3 cms taller than Charlie and the same weight, I think. Where does that put her on the scale? I don’t pay too much attention to them, but according to the one for boys Charlie is ‘short and fat’! Just the way I like ‘em.

Mooshie –sorry you haven’t been feeling well. Hope the sickness leaves your house soon and you guys are able to enjoy your holidays.

Mitch – thanks for posting on my blog. Sorry business is slow – I hope it picks up soon. GGGRRR at MIL. Whinge whenever you want – only DILs can understand how frustrating they can be! Sounds very annoying. My MIL really does have a kind heart, but she’s a bit eccentric and assumes a lot. For some reason she assumed that WE would make the trek over to her place yesterday, even though it would be much easier for her to come here (Toby is only 10 days old, after all). I’m going to start putting my foot down about this, I think. How is Aaron with his mum? Does he understand your frustration? Hope your pain goes away too – that sounds scary.

Dach – LOL at your boobs. I’m just the same – a bit of a cow. I hope that your two little darlings are going well. Maybe Yasin’s regression re: talking is just because Imran is here – I’ve heard that kids can regress in all kinds of ways when No. 2 comes along. I hope that’s all it is.

Kathryn – Can’t wait to see if it’s a pink or blue bubba. We were the same – I didn’t want to call Toby “It”. Good luck with the scan tomorrow.

Christy – belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Matilda! I can’t believe it’s been that long. And aren’t you clever making a marble cake? Hope you took some pics to prove how clever you are in years to come. I made a rocket ship for Charlie’s first birthday and it looked so good that I made everyone take photos of it! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Go DH too! What a legend to make you go out for coffee. There should be more men like him! That croup scare sounds awful. I hope it doesn’t happen again, but that if it does they DIAGNOSE something this time. Scheesh.

Hello Nikki! Great to have you with us. Cute pic too.

Kelly – Happy Birthday to Asha too! Wow, 2 years goes so fast. Before you know it we’ll be 50 and our kids will be having kids! Scary stuff. I hope that you all had a fabulous day. Clever Asha with the puzzles too – it’s when they’re able to do puzzles and things that they weren’t ever able to do before that you realise how smart they’re getting.

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday. DH and I were both a bit over it all, and I was feeling a bit down about Charlie. I know he’s just a little fella and he doesn’t know what he’s doing, but he’s been really grizzly since I came home and while I totally understand that it must be hard for him atm too it can be really frustrating when both of them are grizzling at the same time! Usually it doesn’t bother me too much but yesterday I was fed up. I don’t know how other mums with more than one feel about this, but I have been feeling a bit disconnected from him since I had Toby. I think it’s because I have to spend so much time feeding Toby and doing the other baby stuff that I haven’t had time to play with Charlie much. Also, I can’t run around with him too much or I’ll hurt myself (it’s only been 10 days after all). I know we’ll get back there, but I feel like a phase in our time together is over and we won’t get it back. He’s been pretty good considering everything that’s happened lately, but I miss him and get frustrated by him at the same time! Ah, the emotional rollercoaster that is parenthood… I’m sure things will be fine. Had the first week check up with Toby today and all is good. He’s put on weight, so I’m happy. Poor little Charlie had to have some immunisations too – I left them really late so he’s now at an age where he knows what’s going on. My advice – get them done on time while the bubs are still little and don’t know what’s coming… it’s awful! He screamed so much and needed lots of cuddles. Poor thing.

Anyway, an early night with a book beckons. Hope you’re all doing really well. Big hugs to all who need them (which is probably everyone, including me!) and kisses to your beautiful darlings

Hi everyone I am so slack about posting lately

Kellee OMG I didn't know you had your baby! Congratulations! I know what you mean about feeling a bit disconnected from Charlie. For the most part you can't help it because you have a newborn who needs much more of your time. I know it can feel strange because it's not just the two of you anymore, I felt the same after I had Grace and I felt like I lost that closeness with Harry because it wasn't just him anymore, but as Grace got older everything got easier and Harry and I still have a special connection, which you will still have with Charlie. It's just that right now Toby needs more of your time but will level out.

Well not much of interest happening here! Grace has turned into a real tanty thrower, but mainly when she is tired so a nap usually improves her mood. She also loves to say 'no'! I still see her as my baby even though she is growing up so much and talking so much.

Happy Birthday to all the recent 2 year olds!

Kelly- I think my pain was exactly what you said, it is lessened today and hopefully fully gone tomorrow. I have been sitting on the floor most nights with the laptop so you can see where the pain would be from that. Asha sounds very clever too.

Mel- the lunch sounds nice, it is always a huge change when you don't see a little one for months. Eliana sounds fit and healthy.

Kellee- hugs to you, things do change when no. 2 arrives but you will find as Toby gets a bit older you will find more time to spend with Charlie. When You are feeding less often you will have more time for one on one time for you.

Dasch- Jordan was 5 when Josh arrived and she reverted to baby talk so it is a very common thing I think.

Bon- how are you feeling atm! Almost halfway there now. IKWYM about the tanty's Jess is good at them too. Mostly when she is tired as well, but also about trying to tell me something that I don't understand, or trying to get my attention when I am doing something. She too is talking heaps, 3 or 4 word sentences sometimes. Helps to have 5 role modes I reckon.
    Anyway had a mostly productive day, vacced and mopped and washing as I always do. Kids were relatively well behaved and spent some time tidying there rooms. I am about to cook pasta for tea, and Arron is working so it will be all up to me to get everyone in bed tonight.
    Hi to everybody else
    Michelle

just a quick question - will get back to personals tomorrow as my brother will be using my computer plus survivor is on later )

do any of you give your littlies todder gold formula - eliana isnt into eating vegies & very rarely fruit - no matter how i try & hide it in food she picks it out - i just worry she isnt getting all the nutrients she needs & saw an ad on tv for toddler gold & was wondering if i should start her on it - i know she is fit & healthy but i dont want her to be missing out on any vitamins she should be having
    thanks for your help

I think Michelle had a problem with her MCHN and this if I remember. The problem with these supplements from what I understand is that they fill the kiddies up and so threy have no need to eat if I remember rightly. Maybe you can look at some other form of vitamin supplement for her, maybe ask a chemist or your dr if you are worried, or even the MCHN see what they say. Personaly I have never used anything like that and if Eliana is thriving you probably don't need to worry Mel.
    best wishes michelle

thanks michelle - i have thought more about it since posting & will speak to a dr if she starts to look poorly but at this stage she is thriving

not sure if everyone reads all the posts but i just read that tegan's mum passed away - huge hugs to her & her family

Oh dear that is so sad, my heart goes out to Tegan and Jacob and Lily. Tegan we are thinking of you and are here if you need us. HUGE HUIGS

mooshie Guest

just quickly popping in, i need to go to volleyball

mel - don't give eliana toddler milk whatsoever, if anything it will make her appetite worse believe me, i had nothing but trouble with it. my mchn pushed it down my throat and my gp was disgusted. in is very sweet and gave lani a terrible sweettooth. look to be honest lani survives on air, milk and cheesespread sandwhiches oh and may a bit of apple if i'm lucky, i am actually considering putting her on a multi like pentavite or something. ds has been on mult vitamins since about 3yrs of age and it really improved his appetite - he is now a huge eater and complains if he doesn't have enough vegies. he still has a vitamin every morning with breakfast just to give him an extra boost.

anyway they are just my thoughts on toddler milk i know christy gives it to matilda as matilda can't drink milk, and i don't think she has a problem with it, however i think for a child that is a fussy eater to start with it may make it worse - totally just my opinion tho.

good luck - gotta go get ready - hi to everyone else and yes so so sad about tegans mum

Tegan whether you read this or not, I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. Lots of thoughts all the way from Melbourne to you and your wonderful family.

Sorry I haven't been in much, really into this TTC #2 business and after feeling what I thought were great symptoms, getting AF was a real let down. Even if it was our first month it is still... frustrating. To top it off AF has been CRUEL.

Sorry girls thats all from me, Aidan has a nasty cold and all my energy (what I have left as I also have a cold!) is lots of Mummy love to get him better quickly.

Chin up Jess it's never fair when AF comes and we want something better. Hope it happens soon, and that AF isn't such a witch all the way through.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast