Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2004

Oh and thanks for the welcome Kathryn.

Hi dd!! I remember you!! Wow congratulations on your PG!!! =D>

Well girls, I have been missing because I was on holidays in the US and only visited a little while there, its taken us 3 days to get back into the swing of things & to be honest I think I've been hit the hardest from jet lag. Today Matilda went to nap around 9.30 and I fell asleep at 9.45 only to have her wake me up at 11.45 8-[ Nothing was destroyed so I hope she came straight in to wake me up LOL. She's been a bit off timing but we are slowly getting there. The first night she slept from 6pm until 3.30 and that was it and then napped from 7-9am and that was it! Then last night she slept from 7.30pm until 5am, which was a bit more like it and then she had one nap this morning & that was it, but it seems to be settling... [-o< hope it does sooner rather than later LOL

Hi all,

Christy, I wasn't sure if you'd remember me or not cause it's been so long but thanks for the welcome and hope you're over the jet lag soon too it's making me feel snoozy but then I think something else is to blame for that LOL! Anyhow, just thought I'd drop in a quick post at 11:45pm cause i've already been asleep since before 8:30 and only got up because DH has fallen asleep in front of the tely with every light on the volume blaring away just in case they couldn't hear it in CHINA!!!

hmmm...I'm off again :sleeping: :sleeping:

xxdd

Rofl at your DH and the tele DD.

Our family is currently split in half. I have to house/dog sit for my mum for the week and Andrew is still on holidays, so I have taken Kameron with me and Lachlan is staying with Daddy. Have hardly heard from him mind you it has only been 24 hrs LMAO. So I guess everything is okay so far. He did email me a video of Lachlan last night screaming Mummm so I wouldn't miss it..... I hear it 10000 times a day so I don't think I will miss it in a hurry ROFL

love

*Yvette* Guest

Ambah I clicked on your website to see if I could see your new hairdo, but all I got was 3 pics of a veeeeery cute little baby boy, lol. I'm trying to imagine you showering Aidyn, but I reckon I'd get soaked if I tried that, lol.

Hi Kelly. I know what you mean about your Asha missing Emma & Jack. Angus couldn't understand where Lola & Ruth were when they were away in the hols. All home now though.

So Angus born 31st May 04 gets the chickenpox vaccination for free? I've finally booked his 18 month ones & the twins 2 month ones (they haven't had any yet) for Monday so will chat to the doctor about it. Lola and Ruth had chickenpox but I wish I'd written it down coz I don't remember when or how long they were sick or, well, anything really, lol.

Welcome Dd, all the best for your pregnancy.

Wow Christy, lucky you having a trip to the States, hope you had fun. How was Matilda on lthe plane?

Kathryn Rofl @ DH making sure you didn't miss the screaming.

Angus has started lying down in the water in the bath, both on his back and his tummy, and the other night he gave me a fright by dipping his face in it and I think he tried to breath it in, he sort of spluttered afterwards. I can see how little kids could drown in just a few centimetres, they just don't understand and just want to experiment with it. He likes me to pour water out of the jug & he tries to catch it, then pours it on himself, then pulls the plug out and puts it back in etc. He's just so busy all the time, never stays still, constantly trying things out.

Yesterday he had his first 'ride' at the shopping mall, a Bob the Builder car where you put $2 in the slot. We were on our way out after a hard slog of shopping. He loved the ride, but couldn't understand that it was over and had an absolute screaming tanty as I strapped him back in his stroller.

Baby's first ride and baby's first public screaming tantrum.

LMAO at babys first public tantrum!! ah yes... I remember that day well...

The plane ride was basically 2 1/2 hours of tantrums broken up over 20 hours on the way there and sleep (which was great btw!) 7 1/2 hours and on the way home basically the opposite 4 hours sleep total and around 7 hours of tantrums....talk about public tantrums

Matilda lays down in the bath too, and puts her head under & blows bubbles! She is very active in the bath, but loves it so much, as long as she doesn't stand up I'm fine, or pouring cups of water outside of the bath

HI girls
    I couldn't resist, I just had to pop in and say hi to you all , I have mised you all so much. So good to hear things are going well.

kat- glad to hear Lachlans finger is better, and LMAO at the video, don't you love that they need to notify you of that sort of stuff

Christy bummer about the plane tantrums, but you did sort of guess it. Did you use the meds you were supplied by the dr. How was the actual holiday itself and how was your mum? Matilda is a brave on with the face in and the bubbles, she may be the next super fish LOL

Yvette- PMSL at the tanti! I got Jessica out of the High chair when we were out for dinner tonight and that was so the wrong hting to do, you can guess what the performance was like, but I can tell you she is a master tantrummer!

dd- hi again, we must catch up soon, time is just flying.

Ambah- wow at Aidyn's shoe size. Jemma is almost 3 and in size 7. He is going to be a tall one that's for sure.

Did I miss someone? Kelly- hi and hope Asha is well and not missing the kids much.

Anyway not much to tell here, xmas good but expensive, New years was at home and went well. I was crook from boxing day to new years (a virus) then had an allergic reaction to something on New years eve and took 5 days to get over that. We spent a week up at Bright in VIC on the Ovens river in a caravan park, the kids had a ball, and we are looking into putting somerhthing onsite. We are also saving for BIL's wedding in April 2007 as we have to go to MAckay and then we want to go to the gold coast on the way home. Kids are fine, Jordan is going into gr 6, josh will be in gr 1 and Jemma is starting 3 yo kinder (only 1 x 3hrs per week). Jess is a terror, starting to waffle away, major league climber and loves running, throw a mean tanti, but is also the cutest dot of a baby girl. SHe is tiny, last weigh in at 15 mths she was 9.14kgs adn 70 something cms tall. But she is a pocket rocket.

Better go will catch up soon
    Michelle

Hi all,

Have been away for a week up on the Murray it was so hot over 35 to 40 most days but we survived! Shynelle seems to have decided to start up the terrible two's alittle early so I'm with you guys about the tanti's!

She has started hitting and biting though mainly to me and I just don't know how to control it. If she wants something she chucks the biggest hissy fit and it doesn't matter where we are. Yesterday she was going off and I said to her "Mummy's really had enough of this behaviour and if you keep it up I'm going to send you somewhere else to sleep and you won't see mummy and daddy, how would you like that" and her face lit up and she said "Yeah, I stay Rocky's house" that's her cousin (Roxy) so that one backfired on me and I said well "bad luck you're stayin' here" Cheeky buggar. I've tried time out corner, putting her to bed nothing works she knows it's all wrong and says sorry "Shynelle naughty for hitting" but five minutes later she's doing it again. Now she's started telling me her "Elmo" is hitting her and puts him in the naughty corner telling him to stay there "Elmo very naughty no hitting" I'm at a loss.....

Anyway, we had a great time and I'm still have m/s but it has settled abit and I go for my nuchal scan on Wednesday and am looking forward to it but am nervous also.

Hope you're all well.
    xxdd

Hi Girls

Thought I had better give you a quick update (mitch4now knows it all from the other thread LMAO)

Had the boys - Chicken Pox Vaccs done on Thursday, and *Yvette* yes Angus should get it free. Well since then (started Sat night I think) Lachlan has broken out into a rash. They do inject them with a live virus, and it states on all the information that the rash is a common side affect and not to worry as it isn't actually the chicken pox. Today is now wednesday and he is still known as "Spotty" and they seem to be getting worse not better. So I really don't know atm. They look okay in the morning and then as his body temp heats up the spots get redder. He has no fever and he has been eating/sleeping/playing well, so it definitely isn't bothering him. Just me. Kam has had no sign of reaction at all.

DD - at the Tanties starting up for you too. Kameron was really good till he turned 3 that is when they started for me. Lachlan who isn't two yet has had his fair share already LOL.

With the bath thing, Lachlan dunks the top of his head under the water to get his hair wet. He also pulled the plug out for the first time the other day and scared himelf ****less. I have never seen a kid leap out of a bath so fast I basically caught him mid air LMAO.

We also have trouble getting Kameron off rides at supermarkets. He had never actually been on one till last year so never had a interest in it, and then my friend took us shopping and she put her daughter on one as he daughter wanted to go and one.... and that was the end of Kameron not having an interest ](*,) So I did pretty well getting 3.5yrs of him not going on one

Well that is about it for now, should see about getting these kids into the bath and put tea on, even though I can't be stuffed doing the latter. Actually just saw the time and probably too late for what I was going to do now anyway... OOPS

Love

Hi girls.

Kathryn, have sent you an email with Paige's details.

I'd though I'd join this thread, eventhough Paige is 19mths now.

I had Paiges Chicken Pox done on 17/1 and yes it was free. I was expecting her to be grizzly and get the rash, but she was fine (Lindsay and Erin got it though). My GP told me it would be free a while ago when I mentioned Paige would be due for it soon.

A few details about Paige; She only says 'Mum' ATM, she knows all her aminal sounds and talks in gibberish so I suppose words will follow soon. I had her 18mth check done the other day and she is 11560gm and 90cm tall (very tall and skinny girl!) her height for her age is just off the charts. ATM we are contemplating putting ehr in her 'big girl bed' but she is a restless sleeper and is likely to fall out!

Well I'll stop rambling now and talk to you all later.

Hi Sherie great to see you here. Your lucky getting Paiges CP done for free. Lachlan missed out by 25 days Did she have any reaction to it ??

I only have Lachlan today. Kameron has gone fishing with my ILs. I thought he would crack the ****s at having to go by himself but he went with no drams. So that is good. Lachlan is just annoying me now, cause he doesn't have Kameron to annoy LOL.

Love

Hi all,

Hope you all had a nice Australia Day. If you were in Melbourne then I'd imagine you wouldn't have done a whole lot with the 40 degrees we had!

I have Shynelle constantly asking me to take her to the pool after our week away and have to keep telling her we don't have one. Her little tanti's have settled and we haven't had another biting incident lately either so hopefully my big chat's with her about it not being nice and mummy doesn't do that to her cause it hurts and you don't want to hurt mummy do you, we I think maybe they've started to sink in. Although, we do still have an issue with the hitting I read something in the woman's day this week in the new section by the "Supernanny" and a women wrote in about her son of two (I know Shynelle is only 1 and 1/2 but she definately acts older) his behaviour is almost identical. She says to take the hand that hitting and say "NO" very sternly looking them in the eye so now we are trying this so watch this space we'll soon see if this supernanny is so super!

Kathryn I had Shynelle immunised against chicken pox awhile ago and she too broke out in the rash and apart from looking suspicious I was told that it was fine and she wasn't contagious or anything it's just their little bodies working against the live vaccine in their systems. She also had a similar reaction to the MMR and seemed to look like she got the meales and had a little temp but nothing too bad and was fine within a couple of days. I hope Lachlan is doing better by now.

Hi Sherie look forward to sharing our kids growth with you.

Hi to everyone else.

xxdd

Kathryn - I was lucky getting it because she was 18mths in December, but because the surgery was closed over the holidays, I couldn't get in till January anyway. She didn't have a reaction, unlike the other kids who did. When Lindsay had his done I was 32wks with Erin and was a bit worried, but the Doc said that they aren't contagious spots, so when it happened with Erin and I was again heavily pg with Paige, I didn't worry. I'd also had them as a kid really badly so I was really keen to get the kids done to try to protect them from having to go through that.

I wish I only had the one child today. We had a BBQ yesterday and the kids are all still tired and cranky - so sleeps for all this afternoon.

DD - Touch wood I've never had a biter, but friends have and they just didn't do much about it apart from the token - 'Dont do that'. As for tanti throwing, Paige is the champ! She gets the funniest looks on her face and will give you a really pouty look from under her brow - it's so funny to watch her.

Morning girls

A week later and spotty is looking better so that is a relief. We have to go out tonight and other kids might be present so I didn't want to be talked about iykwim.

It was 41 here in Adelaide on Australia Day, we spent most of it out and about in the air conditioned car hehehe. We don't have air con at home I didn't even realise it had got to 41 till mum told me on the phone the next day.

Anyway better go organise my day I guess.

Love

Hello girls! Just getting a bit caught up. I had an "off" week and decided to just take a break from everything...

Matilda's tantrums were awful until I started charting them ( of course! ) and now things are getting better. She was having around 10-12 a day and I thought I'd better do something about figuring out how to help her and the moment I started charting & taking notice on what triggers them she went to 1-2 a day, who knows....LOL

LMAO Christy.... She knows what your up too and doesn't want you to figure it out

Love

I have been busy getting organised to go back to work tomorrow. we have moved all the study around and finally got rid of heaps of crap that made the place look cluttered. All the other jobs got put on hold today ... except that tonight when the kids are in bed I need to mop the floors and get things ready for tomorrow. I need to give my TA some things to do while I am at the usual first day back staff meeting!

Asha is teething ... her eye teeth I think not sure. She is cranky and sooky and just being a PITA basically. She is so funny now, always making people laugh and she really does have such a funny personality.

Christy - Sorry to hear that Matilda has been having a rough time. Really glad to hear that she is gettnig better. Asha has been having more and more tantrums when she doesn't get her way or when we say No. I just laugh bt Ryan finds it hard sometimes.

Better go I can smell dinner burning!

Cheers

Hi all,

Have had a busy weekend I decided to clean out my wardrobe and threw out 5 garbage bags full of clothes! I was filling the bags and Shynelle was emptying them behind me it was very funny...

Kelly, I think Shynelle is cutting her eye teeth also, she has just cut four molars top and bottom and she has started dribbling again and is a little cranky at night so here we go again.

Christy, I so understand how hard it is when they throw their tantrums but at least I know why Shynelle is doing it and it's usually cause she wants something her way and no other - last night she wanted the thermomitor and I said no it's not a toy and she just threw herself on the ground kicking and screaming I just laughed at her and walked off two seconds later she was chasing me for some "nanna" and I said no to this also cause she'd already had one and she was off again so we're just going at it all the time and I just feel like I'm constantly telling her "No" it's very frustrating. I couldn't imagine how hard it must be for you not having any one thing to put your finger on.

Have a good day all.

xxdd

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast