Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #5

That fair enough then, well hope you find something you like or it works out with the daycare thing in the new year

Thats awful Fi!! But the bad thing is i know what you mean... there's one in every group.

Theres only one playgroup in our local area, and as much as i love my SIL, we're new (well, relatively) in melbourne, and i want to try and find friends outside of the family circle. So unless i want to travel, i cant go to a playgroup. and that sucks, as Tullamarine is such a big suburb, you think there would be more than one playgroup... But anyways... nothing can be done!! BTW i hate the way playgroups VIC run everything, in WA the playgroup i went to cost me $2.50 a session for both boys, food included (and always something yummy for the adults) when i went to this one around the corner, the parents had to do EVERYTHING, and we also had to pack the kids lunches. For $33 each a term, plus insurance. I would rather do something with them myself for that much!!

Anyway, vent over...

So hows everyone feeling today??

Debbie Lee Guest

Ick... yeah I guess there'd be some interesting characters around where you are, Fi. You'll definitely find Leopold more pleasant. Sorry you had such a rotten experience tho. Gotta love how a few feral people can spoil it for the rest!
    Our last playgroup had the numbers capped so that we were always just a small group. There was quite a waiting list apparently.
    I think the structure is important. Our current playgroup doesn't have any. We spend 2 hours just letting the kids play. We all take a piece of fruit that gets cut up and shared. I think this is awesome because not many playgroups do that anymore. A lot of them get you to bring your own healthy snack. I personally think it's good for kids to learn how to share.
    Still, I'd love to set up a story-time session or maybe alternate it with singing songs every other week. Not too much for them because they're just little but 2 hours is a long time... I'd like Gabby to get something more "educational" out of it, iykwim? I read her stories at home but kids learn a lot through example. The older children can demonstrate to the younger children how we sit and listen, interact and follow instructions.

You could always suggest they try it one week Debbie, maybe others are thinking the same but dont know how to start it up either

Its all those ferals in East Geelong that bring the neighbourhood down..... I wonder if I'll get a bite from that one?

Debbie Lee Guest

Yeah...I've heard about those East Geelongians

Belinda - I'll be doing just that... but maybe next year. I don't wanna be the newbie throwing my weight around iykwim?

Frick it's cold here!

Hi Girls

Thought I`ll pop in quickly, the gastro bug has gone right through this family, I`m still not well but feeling better then I was yesterday, thank goodness for Mark he looked after Matthew most of the day and Adrian just spent most of his day on the bed with Mummy.

I went back to the Hospital today about my perinium, I`m having an ultrasound tomorrow morning at 11.30am then they`ll decide what to do after that but it looks like another operation

Matthew has decided that his Mummy is only his Mummy, we have so much troble with him when I`m breastfeeding Adrian or if Mark touches me or gives me a cuddle, Matthew is there trying to push Adrian or Daddy away. Oh well the life of toddlers.

Matthew`s so cute now when he`s eating a nectarine, I give it to him whole and always repeat to him about three times "Don`t eat the stone" so when he gets to the stone he hands the nectarine back to me and says 'stone' so Mummy then gets the stone out for him

Sorry for no personals my brain isn`t working with the gastro bug plus I`m a bit worried what the Dr`s are going to say tomorrow.

Take Care

Dee

Hey Dee, i hope everything goes well tomorrow, dont stress too much - we'll be thinking of you Hope you get over the gastro...

Well, just a quiet end to the night, spring cleaned my kitchen... Go the flylady!! she's made my sink sparkle i cleaned out the fridge, scrubbed the floors (by hand!) and cleaned out my cupboards... Now i just have to get onto the rest of the house *sigh* One day it'll all be done, and will stay done!

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - hope your doctor's appointment goes well today. Yuk @ the gastro. Not pleasant! Awww @ Matthew not wanting to share his Mummy. So cute with the nectarine stone too. Clever boy!

Simone - wow! Good on you for scrubbing the floors. I need to do that too... but I can't muster up the motivation for some reason

We've got playgroup this morning. I hope Gab has a sleep as soon as we get home because I am due at the doctor's at 3:15 in Hamilton. I'll have to leave here at 2:30. I'm hoping the rain holds out so that Gab can play outside and wear herself out.

Hey Dee - I hope all goes well with your appt. Bummer on the toddler front. I am a little worried about how Jenna will go, but luckily she loves her daddy more than her mummy anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad until he goes back to work. He is talking about having 3-4w off work depending when I finally pop!
    Hope Gab sleeps on time for you Deb. Jenna is starting to battle her day sleeps. Not grizzly, just wanting to play in her cot for an hour before sleeping. Oh well - as long as she's not crying I spose she is happy?
    Simone - you have far too much energy for my liking!!

Hi girls

Dee, I hope that bug disappears asap!! You've had a bad run (pardon the pun)!

Have fun at play group Deb... I still have to get my girls in one here in Shep... I am so slack!

Simone, i need some of your energy! I have been so lazy of late... I think I am a bit down... that always does it to me.

Fi... sounds like you had fun at playgroup.. LOL. How horrible!!

Not much going on here... still trying to decide what to get these little girls for chissy... I think I will get them both a trike and some musical instraments... we'll se how much money we have.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that'll be good if Shane can take that time off work when bubba comes! I think Neil can work his shifts around so that he can have 2 weeks off with only actually taking 1 week of his annual leave. I dunno how it works.. too complicated for me (which isn't difficult to do, LOL). I'd like him to have 3 weeks off tho so I guess we'll have to see what he can do. Elective caesar will help

Tanya - helloooo!! You're not slack for not going to playgroup... the girls have eachother to play with! Trikes and musical instruments sound like a plan! I saw heaps of lovely instruments on my shopping trip and I'm spewing that I didn't grab some.

Ok.. meant to be at playgroup in 2 minutes... they all run late anyway (country time) so that's why I jumped on. Gab's still in her PJ top and a nappy, LOL.

new thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678