Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #14

I've said it before, I'll say it again...I turn my back for a moment and you've all written pages and pages. I'll see if I can keep up, or else I'll just mumble on and waffle about the normal stuff!

Fortunately Blake doesn't really throw tanties (yet). He gets upset when he can't have something - eg, Viv left some of her orange juice this morning and Blake could see it on the bench. So he refused to eat his Weetbix as he could see and wanted the juice. I gave him a taste to see if that satisfied him, but then he wanted more. (don't blame him!) He cracked it a little and refused to eat, doing his grunting/pointing thing wanting the juice. So I put the Weetbix box in front of the glass and it was out of sight out of mind and he started eating again. Sure he was upset for a little but not long. Touch wood it continues like this.

Deb, we'd love to catch up if you are in Melbourne for Summer. My brother is talking about a family holiday in Newcastle approx first week of Jan (not sure if we'll go, but we're considering it). Please keep us posted of where and when you'll be around.

Vanita, was it you or Hay who said we should keep a look out for each other in the battle against the kg's? I think it's a brilliant idea. I think I find the problem with TF diet being the repetitiveness of my dinner meals. Because I dont' eat meat, and until now I've never eaten meat substitutes (you know those vegie sausage things) my total diet has change. I'm trying to stick with it but got distracted a couple of times this week. Fortunately I still lost 1.3kg, but no cm of the waist. Total loss to date is 3.3kg. Can't complain. I've got another weeks worth and I'll try really hard this week (but with father's day at the inlaws in Sunday it will be hard to stick all day. Oh well. I'll do my best!)

What does everyone see as their worst eating issue? I know mine is that I find it hard to stop. I could easily eat a whole packet of Tim Tams no probs. I could even eat a good meal of pasta, and then when cleanign up the kitchen, eat another half a serve whilst cleaning up the left overs. Will power is something I lack. I'm an all of nothing girl. At the moment doing TF, I have will power and I just switch off from any other food I can't have. But otherwise... you get the picture.

Ok, enough of my rambling. Sorry about the lack of personals. Got stuff to do.

Hi everyone. Thinking of you and all your gorgeous babies.

BTW, who else is thinking of another? I know we are - sometime, if my ovulating comes back to normal again. Hay, Gemma, I know you two are. Any other takers?

Belly rubs to both Kate and Deb.

Love to all.
    xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I have no will power either Rach. I can stop eating things that are bad for me for a while but I can't sustain it, I usually give in after a while. Woooohoooo on trying for another bub, we're not going down that road again for a while yet.

Oh Kate, then no kisses from Blake for Kelsey then! Awww. Sorry she's been sick. Blake's been off colour too. I think it's due to teething as he's bum's red and his cheeks are too. We're up to eye teeth so I'll be glad when they've all cut cause then there's only the 2yo molars and that's it for Blake - all done!

Aww, but she is sick Kate. So you can hardly blame her. Blake's not 100% and was being a velcro baby on Sat/Sun. I didn't work out why until I felt his forehead and he was warm. I gave him some Panadol and he was a lot more settled and his temp dropped too. Poor little things.

Perhaps when she's better they can have some proper sleep and cuddles.

As for #3 for us... still not 100% convinced but DH is, so I guess we'll go that path. Mind you my cycle is so crazy. I'm up to CD49 and I'm not pg so I just have to accept I've got a dodgy body! I won't be having such a big gap as Viv and Blake. I think if I cant' get pg by the time Blake's 2, I'm not going to keep trying. I'd have liked to have falled pg when Blake was about 8-10 months, but it didnt' happen. Oh well.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate-Oh no at Kelse being sick that's the last thing you need Jonah's teeth are still coming. We saw a really nice house yesterday we are waiting to get a call back about going to see it, I was hoping they would call today but it doesn't look like they will.

Thought I might jump on while I'm fresh - Al slept through last night.Woohoo. One of those very very rare occasions worth celebrating.

Bec - hope this is the house for you.

Rach - lack of will power combined with a massive sweet tooth means that I am usually looking for some chocolate or a biscuit. I would be definately able to devour a packet of biscuits without a doubt, any time of day...once a pack is open it just can't sit there happily in the cupboard and be left alone, I can be so greedy :-(. Luckily they just don't have good biscuits here- nothing like TimTams, assorted creams, mint slices..you know all the Arnotts favourites :-).
    My way around it is not to buy anything like that when I'm doing the shopping. It is then a special trip out to hunt for my fix when I can't hang out any longer lol.

Kate - It is so exciting to be so far along, only 6 weeks to go! Then a new little bundle, should be wonderful. We have decided not to find out the gender of the baby this time, DH is really wanting a girl,so we think its probably best we just wait until the day of the birth so he can embrace the little one whatever sex it is. I was certain about Al being a boy from the start,such a strong feeling. I don't have that sure sense yet this time. Perhaps leaning towards girl..

Brooke - get well soon. Great that Maya is sleeping for you. Don't worry about work, just concentrate on your health and feeling better.

Hay- oh we would love to meet you and visit your farm. Will definately be in touch with you once we get things better organised.

My weakness is salty/savoury stuff. Like chips. Or BBQ shapes. Or salami. Oh, or dips and cheeses (yum!). You know, all the really high fat foods! I'm not bad on only having a bit and leaving the rest, but my other BIG weakness is portion control. Because I don't eat a lot in between meals, I tend to have BIG meals, particularly dinner. And then go to bed on a relatively full stomach. And I don't drink water (except when I was in full swing of bfing).

Kate, dunno if you are already doing this, but have you considered a vapouriser for Kelsey's room at night to help her with her cold. Pup was finding it very hard to breath and was coughing a lot at night when he had his cold recently. He also went through 2 bottles of demazin as well (3.5ml every 6 hours except when he slept through). I got my vapouriser from the chemist and it uses the same sort of stuff as EukyBear rub. It is Euclear. Cost about $60 but it is well worth it if you have anyone that gets stuffed up. DH tends to get very blocked up in the sinuses when he gets sick and that';s who we originally bought the vapouriser for. And now Pup seems like he is following in dad's footsteps. I used it for nearly 1.5 weeks every night and it really helped. This version also turns itself off whern the water level drops.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hayseed-My weakness is savoury stuff too, I'm not much of a sweet tooth except when af is in the building. I don't drink much water either but I will have to soon and I'm going to try really hard.

Kate-I rang up about the house but apparently it was leased on Friday, I wish they would update their lists better. A bit sad about it actually it was a really great house, we still have a couple on our list, but that one was at the top. As for Jonah's teeth it would seem he's cutting 3 molars at once, a bottom one is coming through as well. Glad to hear that Kelse is feeling better today and that she slept well.

Bec – Where is the house you found? 3 molars at once, go Jonah!! I have been thinking that you would make a great mod. I hope you become one if you want to in the future as you are very sincere and come across well on BB. Did TF come yet?

Kate – Did you get the paperwork so you can lodge your tax? I understand that you would like to get back to what you weighed previously after this baby is born. Woo Hoo at Kelse sleeping till 3pm! 6 ˝ weeks to go, I bet you are starting to get excited. Head down is great, see all is on track for a great birth! Poor little Kelse not feeling well, I hope she is better soon. We have the Vicks vapouriser but haven’t used it much. Not sure if you know but you shouldn’t use Eucalytus when you are pg but if it is in Kelse’s room it should be fine. There are some essential oils to avoid but Vicks is a blend and may be okay. I just remember I avoided it when I was pg. There was one other in the Vicks to avoid too but I can’t remember. Don’t want to worry you, I was really paranoid about certain foods/oils/toxins and other things when I was pg.

Vanita – You should know by now that mum’s don’t get prizes for sewing costumes, just ask Rachel. What a good girl Rianna is !!!. I am envious, a new fridge!! Have you bought it and how is it? 300lt is not huge so you will love the new one. Good on you for going on more bike rides.

Hayseed – Allergic to chocolate, how lucky are you! Let us know how the swimming lessons go, I wouldn’t worry about getting into bathers.

Bel – I have never thought of a time out for Amy probably because I don’t think she would understand. Hope it works for you. Good to hear that Coby’s ear infection is getting better.

Rach – Good on you for losing 3.3kg! I found the dinners with vegies challenging. There are some great recipes on the website and one of the best is brocoli and cauliflower with light philly cheese mixed with them and baked in the oven. I have been eating bread and not being strict on TF, actually I haven’t had a shake since last week so that is technically off it. I want to look more into the TTC and these types of diets. Chocolate is my weakness especially TV Snacks..yum! Wow number 3 for you, so when is ‘sometime’? I hope we can be Belly Buddies again!!

Brooke – Yeah for Maya sleeping though. See it was not you, it was just that she was at Nanna’s when she decided to start sleeping through. Hope you feel better and don’t worry about work as that is what leave is for.

Deb – It will be great to catch up in Jan. I hope you find somewhere bigger, you have done well so far where you are. Woo Hoo at Al sleeping through. It must have been fantastic for you after having to get up 7 times during the night.

Not much to report here. We went driving looking at properties on Sat and caught up with friends on Sunday. Also went to Gulf Station and Amy saw some new animals. Everything became a ‘geese’ but now they are back to ‘tats’ (cats) again. She is saying ‘two shoes’ as well and I put the Sorbelene on her hands and she rubs it on her body. Oh and she says ‘tickle tickle tickle’ and tickles us and herself which is cute.

I am going to post something that happened on Fri :eek: , so if you want a really good laugh (at me) check out general chatter. It wasn't funny at the time but now it is.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Gemma-Awww thanks mate, you're very sweet to say that. The house we found was here in Cranbourne and so is this other one that we have found. Maybe we are meant to be in the one that is second on my list, after all it is closer to my mum's house, we can't get in to see that one yet but Ben says he thinks we will end up in that one. Yep 3 molars, no wonder it's been hellish around here. Yep TF came but AF is in the building so I thought I would wait until it's over to start because I reckon I would be naughty because of it and I don't want to do that, so atleast I will have been on it for a while before the next one starts so I might be less likely to break it. Gee Amy is soooo advanced, can't wait until Jonah starts saying more stuff, I'm sure I've said that before though, lol. He's walking more and more now which is exciting, so he'll be able to walk around with the rest of them at the meets. I'm off to read your funny story right now

My biggest naughty with my diet is I dont eat very often, I usually have 1 meal a day ( dinner) and then heaps of it, LOL, My gym instructor was very stern with me, and now I am trying to eat small amounts often, but it is sooo hard I feel like all I do is eat!!! Oh well lets hope my metabolic rate speeds up and I lose some weight !!!!!

Bec, awww at all those Molars, hope they come through soon and life returns to *normal* . I know the right house for you will jump out and be there for you.

Kate, sounds like Kelsey is getting the hang of this sleeping business!!! I hope her cold eases off soon.

Brooke, well done to Maya for sleeping well, lets hope it keeps up : )

Gemma, that Amy girl is soooo clever, you may have a child prodigy on your hands,,,, : )

Deb, I hope you manage to catch up with some of us IRL when you come out, would be great!!!!!!!!!
    Hiya hay, Rachel, Bel, Mwah

DH ordered the fridge and the couch today, fridge should be here next week ( side by side 640lt with ice and water woohoo) and the couch not for 6 weeks.

Hidee ho everyone,

Vanita - woo hoo for you fridge. Next week will be here before you know it - and a couch too. Awesome! I hope the little meals often works for you, It's supposed to be the best way to eat.

Gemma, OMG at how many words Amy has! I can't believe how much she says. Blake is really showing no interest in saying a lot. He can say Mum and Dad, and Bubba, and "Boo" - as he loves playing hide and seek. But that's really about it. No matter how much I say to him, he listens and understands me (which is good in itself) but no words. Maybe they'll all come at once. I know it's not his hearing cause I can say, we have to put your shoes on so we can go outside and play, and he'll get his shoes, and sit still for them, I guess he's just being a 'boy' and grunting more than talking!

Bec, good luck with getting this house closer to your mum. Things happen for a reason, maybe this is it! Hugs for Jonah and his molars. I know they made Blake miserable.

Deb, I so know what you mean about not having junk in the house. If it's here, I'll eat it. Mind you I've had pretty good will power since starting TF. What's the point of paying for stuff if you're gonna cheat. You're only kidding yourself, in my eyes. Woo hoo for Al sleeping thru. I hope he's keeping it up for you!

Kate, Only six weeks to go. I can't believe you're nearly there. Not long for you now, my girl. Hang in there honey. What hospital are you going to? I'd love to come down and see you when bubs is born, if that's ok. How's Kelsey's room going? I bet Shane and you FIL have been working hard.

Brooke, I hope you're feeling better. How's Maya? Don't worry about taking sick days, you can't help being sick, even though I do understand how you feel guilty - BTDT. But try not to.

Well I spoke of no AF and being up to CD49, the next day she arrived. LOL. Maybe I should have mentioned it earlier and then she might have arrived. When will we start trying for #3 - well as soon as she goes, but I guess I gotta be careful of being on TF. Maybe I'll finish this week and wait and see waht happens, and just eat really healty. I have to say though - TF is working. My jeans are starting to fall off me, and I've only been on it for 2/5 weeks. Amazing. Gemma, I'm not perfect with it either - We had my SIL for lunch on Sunday so I had dips, crackers, a roll, wine, chocolate cake.. all forbidden stuff. But I made the decision to enjoy what I was eating. It was all a conscious decision.

Blake's still sleeping like crap. I'm usually in the car bed with him from about 10.30/11.30pm each night as he wont stay settled in his own bed. I think I have to bite the bullet and do some CC (gentle parenting forum or not!) as it's just getting silly. Mind you, I love waking up with him, he's so sweet and cuddly. He loves spooning with me - although it's better when I can with DH

Gotta fly now - Viv's got skating lessons and Blake wants some attention.
    Love to all

Bec – I hope the house near your mum works out. I suppose second on your list is not too bad and I believe everything happens for a reason so like you said maybe it is meant to be. 3 molars is tough, poor little Jonah. Good idea to start TF after AF, I would do that too. Yeah for Jonah walking more and more . I’m sure Jonah will be walking with the others at the meeet ups. God, wait until they are all running around, what will we do then? It has been relatively easy up until now. Keep us posted how you go with the house. BTW I liked your suggestion about the Health & fitness being split into diets as I could have done with some support with TF, although it is pretty quiet in there.

Vanita – Bad bad bad! You should eat 3 meals a day and have a good breakfast! A 640lt fridge is more than double what you have now, you won’t know yourself. You can store lots of the yummy bok choy salad in it – it was delicious!

Last night I was outsmarted by Amy and I suppose it will be the first of many. We were playing with some mail and grabbing it from each other and she grabbed it so quick and manouvered it so I couldn’t get it and it happened a few times. Why am I even telling you that I was outsmated by a 1 year old? DH and Amy are in Torquay staying at a timeshare resort so I am home alone with the dogs tonight.

Where is everyone???

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- Wow, that fridge is HUGE. I've always wanted one with ice and water, that's so awesome. Enjoy that and your new lounge, you'll have to take piccies to show us.

Rachel- You're right maybe it is it, but I have found 3 more houses that I like, one is REALLY nice on the outside (well it looks nice on the net) and it's got 4 bedrooms and it's in our price range. I'm going to inspect them tomorrow. I will pass on your hugs to Jonah Wooohooo for AF arriving, good luck with TTC #3

Gemma- Yeah I hope they go for the seperate threads, I think it would be really good to be able to chat with people who are in the same circumstance as you. I will definitely keep you posted on the house front, thanks for being interested in it Awwwww at DH and Amy being away that's so sweet, a little daddy and daughter holiday, how long have they been away for or is it just for tonight? Enjoy the peace and quiet, what are you going to do with yourself?

Yeah where is everyone??

Just as I am about to book Pup in for his 12 month baby photo (yeah, I know...a bit late), he falls over and clocks his face on the Little People Farm set and now has a mouse under one eye that is going black!!! Arghhhhhh. I just had to wait for a scratch to heal up on his nose that he got from wrestling the damn cat. I'm never going to get this photo!

Kate, I can't believe how close everything is getting for you. What are you going to do about baby buddies? Oh what am I talking about? You're so good, you'll be posting in both threads!!!

Well, I have spotting today, so AF will be here tomorrow I'm guessing and then on CD5 I start the clomid. Please god, let the first cycle be a successful one. I'm getting too old for, and I have to admit, feeling like I've over the whole drawn out TTC caper. But of course, I want another one, so I'll do it. In fact, I want three in all, so I'm in for a bit of a haul....!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hayseed-Sorry but I had to have a little giggle about the mouse and pup wrestling with the cat, lol. I hope he has a speedy recovery and stays out of mischief so you can get his pic done. Reminds me Jonah is due too. Good luck with clomid, I'm praying with you that the first cycle is the one and only cycle, lots and lots of babydust to you.

Awww thanks Bec. You're a sweetie!

Hay - bugger about AF. Lets hope that Clomid is the ticket next cycle. Bugger about the bump on Pup right on the time you want to get his portrait done.

Al got a beauty today - head first on the gravel at the playground- he was just too slow with putting his hands down. So a nasty graze on the forehead and a bit of a lump.

Have to sign off now as am feeling exhausted and have to get Al in the bath.
    Al's sleeping is still eratic! I hope Kelsey can pass on some of her secret new sleeping vibes.

And Al is still not saying anything in english- although I think he speaks a little french- he says 'oui' for yes at times and 'bois' when he wants a drink!He's just a natural multi-linguist I guess as we don't speak french here..he definately needs Amy to teach him a few words!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast