Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #4

Brooke,

I am relatively new to scrapbooking myself, but you can get a fair whack of stuff to get started at places like Lincraft, Spotlight and even $2 shops (mainly just stickers and plainish papers though at the "junky shops"). In addition to the many "bricks and mortar" shops out there, there are also heaps of online scrapbook shops through which you can order stuff - and there is also a website forum setup exactly the same as this one but for scrapbooking. The ladies are really helpful on that site in terms of obtaining stuff (many of them run their own online stores), helping you with layouts and also just helping you to know what things are used for! I have used about 5 online shops and have never had a problem. In fact, with some, the owners have gone out of their way to order me something specific that I was looking for.

The more you get into it, the more you start looking round and seeing how anything can be used in scrapbooking. From what I can gather, just try to make sure that everything (or as much as possible) is acid and lignan free. Or just make sure that you keep acid stuff away form photos.

Hayseed

belmarks Guest

Hey Kate, the paed (and I) don't think its reflux because he doesn't have any discomfort with the chucking, its more like regurgitation (sort of), he isn't crying in pain etc and its never really bothered him (the chucking that is) and never woken him up or kept him from sleeping so therefore its just an immature valve and will correct itself.

He explained to me that it will correct itself in conjunction with him sitting up properly - back straight. As the spine has something to do with the development of the gut, the maturity of the nerves in the spine conincides with the maturity of the nerves and muscles in the stomach etc, so once he is sitting with a straight back, it will more than likely stop. Coby is already sitting (but not straight) and he thinks that it will only be another month or two at most before we see a dramatic decrease in the vomitting or cessation altogether. Can't wait!!!

Hope this info helps....

hayseed and brooke i could start my own shop with scrapbooking stuff!!!! i have been doing it for years and just lurve it. i have a whole section in our 6x6 metre playroom just for MY stuff drawers two tables you should see it it's crazy. once you start i warn you you get addicted easily. i have nearly finished albums just to have in the loungeroom so you can get a snippit of our 13 years together, engagement, wedding, christmas', kid's born, christening birthdays. i am up to 2003 and i am so anal i can't start on oscar's until i am up to it! i am busting to do his in the same style as the others. don't get me started on scrapbooking!

bel that's what oscar had an immature sphincter. he hardly sicks at all now. ps oscar is still bf you must have mistaken what i said. it's the solids that make his poo smell! yuck.

kate wow still no af fingers and toes crossed for you!

fletch hope you are ok?

hi to everyone else.

love beckles

Brooke, after a small amount of pumpkin, Dion was awake most of the night, screaming, with his legs drawn up, so was definately belly ache, and my other kids were unable to tolerate pumkin too early either, he hasnt had any since, and no belly aches.

Geez they stink when they first start solids dont they??? I love the sweet smell of a bf baby, but thats gone now, thankfully they get less stinky as their bodies adjust to the solids.

Went to the wave pool today, we all love the water ( I only took 170 photos LOL)

Scrapbooking, have been doing it for 6 years, and yes me too, could start my own shop, I get about 150 photos printed a month, to try keep up otherwise Id get there and need to spend thousands on all the photos. I havent done any sort of albums other than kids, and am all over the place ( still have baby ones of the twins to do LOL) The big girls have 3 completed albums each and Rianna has two completed albums, Dion only has one complete album so far ( need to fill probably another 1 -2) I love it but havent done any for 3 months, lost the motivation or energy, hopefully come back soon!!!

tiptoes in shhhhhhh it's quiet tiptoes out

\/ beckles

Have had aquiet day here, washing the clothes and weeding, just got home from a bike ride with the munchkins, have 2 in bed, 2 to go!! hope you all have a nice weekend

belmarks Guest

Hey girls, not much goin on here, just a quiet day for me and my family, none of us are feeling all that great, I think the heat must be finally getting to us all. Hopefully tomorrow we can get some work done around here...

Coby is going well, a bit out of sorts today, but we all have those days dont we!

Hope you all have lovely weekends with your little families....

xx

belmarks Guest

Hi ladies.

Kate - my AF returned same time as you (as you already knew) but I am also overdue, I thought the wicked witch was here right on time as I had a bit of spotting last Friday, but nothing since??? Not sure what to do, haven't been BDing all that much so I'm sure I couldn't be PG - could I? No sign of her either, no cramps or anything - my cycle has always been irregular but never any spotting and then nothing....

Hey Brooke how are ya? Hope little miss Maya is ok, poor little honey pot! Its awful when they are unsettled hey, you feel like no-one in the world understands or is going through what you are with them, but rest assured, we've all been through it and I reckon we'll all go through it many more times yet. I reckon its her teeth, poor little chook. I wonder if they are more "sensitive" while they are getting teeth what I mean is that may be why she got a bit sunburnt in the car??? Cause usually that wouldn't happen would it?

Im hoping for an easy day today with Coby (now that I've said it, it won't happen) Im feeling really tired, could just go and have a little sleep now..... :sleeping:

How much sleep does everyones bubs have during the day??
    Dion has two, 2hr naps, and maybe a third if its been busy ( only 1/2 hr) I try to put Rianna down for her nap the same time as his afternoon nap, so I get 2 hrs littlie free time ( when I usually get dinner organised) What about everyone elses bubs???

belmarks Guest

Vanita, you've got yourself a text book bub there.

Coby only has 40 minute naps, throughout the whole day...It can be frustrating sometimes because I never know when to make appointments in case he'll be asleep (or should be asleep)

ahhhh routines, aren't they wonderful (if only we had one here...)

vanita oscar usually has three sleeps a day. i don't really time them but i know he just slept for two hours now cos i did too \/ . he usually has one morning one afternoon and then a little kip early evening. cos i baby wear it's not a problem going out and about cos he is used to sleeping where ever.

brooke buggar about poor maya's sunburn. ouch.

bel you and kate might be having bubbas again together!

kate yay on new car but buggar about loosing company car. den has one too, hence we drive everywhere in it.

well it is so nice having the boys and den home still. we are having such a great, relaxing time. i'm loving it.

mwa beckles

Just letting you know that as a past "seasoned traveller" (80,000km+ a year) I can vouch for the fact that it is very easy to get sunburnt through the car window. In fact, sometimes it is easier to get burnt through the window. For many years, I sported a "drivers suntan" where my right arm was much browner than my left!! We bought those wondiow socks for the back of our car. They are the Shevron brand ones and as far as I know, they are the best as far as UV blockage (of course, not totally). We have a Safe'n'Sound car seat and it has a hood, so when it is really sunny and the sun is on that side of the car, I even put this on even though I have the window protector on.

Hey Fletch..we're going well...thanks for asking! Funny isn't watching the little uns eat!

Vanita, Pup has about 3 naps during the day; he wakes at about 7am and then I feed, change and put him back down and he normally sleeps for another 2.5 to 3 hrs (not bad seeing as he has usually just slept 12 hrs \/ ). Then he has a little sleep about 12pm through to about 1pm. Then he has lunch (solids) a plittle play and then is back in bed for a nap from about 2.30 or 3pm to about 4 or 4.30pm. I don;t let him sleep longer than about 4.30 - 5pm 'cause then he won't be tired enough to go to bed for the night by 7.30 - 8pm. If he misses out on any sleep, it is the 12pm one. And I'm finding he is starting to do away with this one. Out of 7 days, he'll go down for this nap about 4 days.

Kate, nice to hear that you have made the decision re DH's work.

Oooh Kate and Bel.......still waiting for AF??

Gunna be a warm one here for the coming week...I love the heat, but Pup is still coming to terms with it...especially at bedtime.

Hayseed

HI girls,

Still very difficult to get online here, so I am just posting a quick one to let you know we have some photos up if you're interested (click the www link)

Hope you're all going great.
    We are having a wonderful holiday. Less than 2 weeks to go in Sydney and then we are off to Thailand for a week before going back to Denmark.

I wish I could see some of you Sydney people. Heather are you around? Fletch?? Hmmm...I hope we can work something out.

Love to all u lovely mums

oops...editing problem.

hi deb so glad you're having a wonderful holiday. hope al is coping ok. have fun in thailand you lucky buggar!

love beckles

belmarks Guest

Hey girls, how are you all?

Kate - where are you? My AF still hasn't come back. What now? My cycle was never regular anyway, so Im guessing its just that playing up again...

Brooke - has Maya settled for you again? Hope so.

Deb - hope your stay in Sydney has been good, if I could get to Sydney to see you I would...

Heather - you back yet honey?? How's Hendy??

Well Coby and I have had a lovely week at home, haven't been doing much at all. Trying to get some sort of routine established. Not sure how long it will take, I've read that it can take up to 2 weeks. Oh well, whatever will be will be. Coby is sitting up much better these days, his back is much straighter and has more balance. He looks like he will crawl soon, moving around heaps, but just hasn't got the gist of moving his knees up to move around... Not looking forward to it to be honest, once he moves, I'll never have any peace, he'll just be mental I reckon!! :shock:

Kate, I'll keep everything crossed to have a BFP. Dion used to only have one sleep cycle, but have worked a proper sleep into his life, I had to redo dummy, and he is still wrapped tightly, and he has "baby dreaming" music, so if he's wrapped with dummy in and music on he knows what he's meant to be doing iYKWIM, I still hear him somtimes 1/2 way through, but if I leave him for a minute he resettles. Dont know how I ( and family) would go if we didnt have our time outs, I mean love him dearly but we all need some baby free time,
    Dion has his 6 month MHN visit today, hasnt been since 4 months (oopsie, forgot last appt)
    ITS DIONS HALF BDAY TODAY!!! \/
    Big girls having their hair cut after lunch ( having lunch out with mum)
    Hope you all have a good day, catch you all later

Kate, just logged in to see how you are going. Fingers crossed for a BFP for you!! I am really busy at work again so I unfortunately won't be around much. Will try to catch up on your news soon. TWW for me, increased CM, cramping and very moody but that's about it. Will see when I test on the 28th.

Happy half birthday Dion!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast