Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #7

poor little babys in the wars! can't we wrap them in cotton wool.

oscar definatly needs a lesson on inside voice and outside voice. screaming is his fav thing at the mo.

well i haven't had a poohy nappy for two weeks now. i've been doing the ec that i talked about for his poohs and i can't believe but it is working really well. i just sit him on the loo when he indicates to me he is going to pooh and straight away he does it. amazing.

gotta go screamy boy wants me
    love beckles

mama mel Guest

Hiya girls!!!!

I haven't posted in aaages but its time I came back... Wow, so much has happened! I've read through these 2 pages but there's still a lot to catch up on.

(belated) CONGRATULATIONS on your pg Kate!!! O Will you be finding out the sex this time? I'm sure you're going to LOVE having 2 tiny tots so close in age, we did have a few tough times but its been an absolute joy and a wonderful time for us! I'd be more than happy to give you some ideas n things I did to make life a bit easier if you want. Although lately I've been thinking its alot easier with em closer in age, Adara became a demonic-tantrum throwing terror at 18mths old n I can imagine what its like for everyone who has a 2yr gap!

Brooke - Did you get engaged?? CONGRATS!! \/ (or I'm sorry if I just forgot that you were already engaged before, it's been so long!)

Ryan's doing really well, still no teeth though! And he's pretty small, didn't grow that well after birth n is only 7kgs now. He started crawling a mth ago, is pulling to stand on everything, cruising the furniture and even grabs my hands wanting to walk around the house. I'm amazed at how quickly #2 babies want to grow up! Kids LOVE playing together, he often power crawls after Adara and she panics n runs like mad! It's so cute to see them together O

Anyway, hi to everyone! Missed you guys, looking fwd to chatting with you all again!

Just jumping in here while I have a sec to say hi to Mel! Welcome back. A few of us have wondered how you've been going. Can't wait to catch up on how things are with you. I love to hear lots of positive stuff too about having 2 babies close in age, as we hope to do the same thing. I imagine it must have taken some getting used to. Sounds like you're on top now...good for you! \/

Hi girls,

phew, there was a bit I was going to rely to ......I'll have to scroll back....

Vanita, we don't have a break at all from milking..we milk 12 mnths of the year (the individual cows don't milk 12 months, they milk for about 10 months and then get dried off, but there are still milkers in the herd waiting to be dfried off by the time the early calvers are coming into the dairy). May, June, July and August are our peak milk times and also when we are rearing calves, so March and October are the best times for us to have a holiday. Summer would also be a good time (just feeding stck and milking) but with DH in CFA, summer is a bad time to go anywhere.

Deb, we are not on finger foods here atm, but after yesterdays MCHN visit, I am going to start them. She recommended soft vegies, like boiled/steamed carrot sticks, brocolli, soft fruits etc. Actually I already give rusks and the odd bit of toast crust...

Mel!! You're back!! Great to see you!

Kate, that situation you're describing sounds very tricky and a bit complicated. I take it the person is a relly, hence being around all the time. Hard to really comment on the situation, but you might end up have to do the dreaded confrontation thing and tell them "look, I will raise my kids how I like. If you don't like it...tough". And leave it at that. It's not good to get yourself worked up about it, because as you've said and we've agreed, it's your call and your right to your "rules". Best of luck with it all.

Bel, I am actually off to see an osteo on Tuesday. I have had such a sore back since giving birth and and even after getting deep tissue massages, it is still bad. I'm almost at my wits end with it (could just cry most days with the pain and aches). And hopefully my migraines might settle down too (although, they haven't been too bacd of late....)

Beckles, Pup is also a bit of a screamer - I thank his father for that. They get in the shower most nights and have yelling matches. Problem is, Pup has no idea when NOT to do it (like church!!). Volume control here is non evident atm.....

Brooke, Kangaroo Island is just off shoreline from Adelaide. Need to take a ferry to get there. Not very far, but beautiful. I went there once for work, but didn't get to see much (except the field day where i was working!!)

From us, had our mums group meeting today. My, how the babies have grown. Pup is still the smallest and the least mobile, but he is also the youngest by a bit too. Some of the mums were starting to lament the fact that their mat leave is almost up and deliberating about retunring to work. Glad I don't have to.

Bel - glad you're on the mend there. Damn nuisance your DH can't keep the noise level down so Coby can sleep in. It is so not funny that they can't do 'tip toes'!

Thanks Hayseed - Al tried a boiled carrot today as finger food and that worked well. Sorry to hear that your back is giving you trouble. Do you do any exercise on your tummy muscles? That can help strengthen your back also. I should follow my own advice here as my ab muscles are non-existant and my back is beginning to complain too. We have all started to do a lot of heavy lifting these days with our 7-8kg + babies.

Mel - so cool that Adara and Ryan are playing together. I would love to see some more recent photos when you get a chance to update your site, let us know.

Bec - So Oscar's a screamer too eh? Bet he's not as loud as Al. (hehe)

Brooke - hope you manage some rest while your mum is there. Is she getting into full on nanna mode?

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Just had to pop in and tell you all...

We had the Queens Baton relay in town today. It went right past my mum's house, so we went in there to watch it (it goes past our farm in a car @ 100km/hr!!). Pup was sitting on a rug on the grass and one of the motorcycle police stopped and we were going" ooh look at the bike and the lights" to Pup and then the copper asked for Pup and he got a sit on the motorbike!! We got some photos!!

How cool was that copper!!!??

belmarks Guest

Hayseed that's great that the copper let him sit on the bike and have photos, what a nice man!! Glad you are going to an osteo, hope you get some relief. Just remember that it might take a couple of goes before you get some results though, its more a long term thing, but you should get some instant relief from the soreness....

Mel, so glad you are back honey!! great to hear from you, hopefully we will hear more from you now... Glad Ryan is doing well, don't worry, Coby is a month older than Ryan and is just over 7kgs now and is doing all the same things that Ryan is doing.

Brooke, wtg Maya! She's a little champion. How is she going since you posted last? Still sleeping through? Hope you are feeling better soon.....

Beckles what's the "EC" thing? And how do you know when Oscar is going to go (other than the grunting that usually goes along with it)??

Coby is great, I am having a day off today (sort of) DH is home all day which is rare and he is doing the mummy bit today, all the feeding changing etc, the stuff I do everyday, especially the spending time with him bit. So I can catch up on reading and just generally laying around doing nothing.

Hows the weight loss going for those girls who were getting into it? I've lost just over a kg in a week - YIPPEE!! Only a couple more to go....

Vanita - how's Dion's face now? Poor little mite....

Coz he cut the inside of his lip its healed quickly and i cant see any mark!!!

Hay, how cool, its nice when people do nice things isnt it???

Well we are going to the beach tomorrow it will be Dions first beach visit, so hope its not toooooo hot. Cant wait to take those piccy's and to see his reaction to crawling on sand!!! He's starting to get off his tummy and crawl properly instead of commando it, and has figured its much quicker. Following me around everywhere.

Hi Mel glad to see you!!!!

Bel , enjoy your "day off" its good for Dh to have some quality time

Just have to say. am awfully cross at myself. we had a great visit to the beach, Dion had a ball ( dont know how much sand he ate) BUT we all got sunburnt. Dion and Rianna are only a little bit ( both had suncream and full suits, Dion is just a bit of arm and leg, both had hats on at all times. DH and I are backs and back of legs. BUT the poor big girls are all over. I put suncream on a few times ( we were there for 3 hrs) but they were swimming the whole time, so it obviously washed off ( it was a kids 30+) You would think they would make it waterproof hey???? NOT anyway have been keeping up the fluids, and aloe vera gel every 15 minutes or so..... NOT HAPPY JAN>

Gosh guys, time has flown and ive just missed out on so much.

Huge condolances to those who lost loved ones. Im so so sorry to hear of your losses and hope that you are all coping as well as you possibly can.

Id love to do personals but really for the moment dont have time. Im studying at uni again as well as getting ready to move *sigh* cause the really good news is that we sold!! YAY but the adventure just begins cause now we have to find a new house. The settlement period means that we have to be out of here in 4 weeks so it looks as if we are going to have to move in with my parents. This isnt too bad as we are a very close family but it does mean we have to move twice (all our big stuff into storage then to the new house).

Mel - so glad to hear from you. I did a shout out a few times and have been thinking of you and your family. Had a quick look at your babes and they are just beautiful. Look forward to hearing from you more often (if i can get my butt on hear a bit more often).

Love to all of my buddies.

xxxxxxxxx

belmarks Guest

Hi Kate, day off didn't eventuate really, I was home too, so I just did the usual stuff I always do, so perhaps I can have another "day off" at a later date! Bummer about feeling run down, that will pass soon hopefully when you hit the second tri... WTG Kelsey at saying all those words, Coby isn't saying anything yet, isn't it funny how they all develop at different levels, Coby has teeth, is crawling and running around in his walker, but isn't speaking yet, is babbling but no real words coming out....

Heather - great that you've sold the house, as you said though, the adventure begins now! Good luck with the move and uni etc..

Vanita, oooohhh pooo about the sunburn, it'll be ok though, don't beat yourself up too much about it, these things happen. Its not as if you didn't try to cover them up with as much sunblock as you could. Sometimes I think those things aren't all they're cracked up to be. I've gotten burnt a few times this summer (not badly) but I've been wearing sunblock all the time and STILL got burnt just don't understand how it can happen???

Coby is going well, cold is still present though. Its awful having a runny nose when you're a baby, you don't know how to blow it and he HATES me wiping it!! Coby is hooning around in a walker that a friend lent to us. I spoke to my clinic sister about it and she said it was fine, as long as his feet touched the ground completely and not on tippy toes, as this was what all the concern was about with walkers. Aparently it shortens their tendons and can lead to all sorts of problems, that's aparently why you see some kids walking on tippy toes all the time, too much time in a walker!! Anyway, he hoons around with his arms up in the air, its hilarious!! Still pulling himself up on us and anything else that he can manage to, he's just gonna be a massive handful soon when he walks!! I can already see him looking for mischief to get into everytime he is either crawling or in the walker......hmmmmmmmmm

belmarks Guest

Hi Kate, day off didn't eventuate really, I was home too, so I just did the usual stuff I always do, so perhaps I can have another "day off" at a later date! Bummer about feeling run down, that will pass soon hopefully when you hit the second tri... WTG Kelsey at saying all those words, Coby isn't saying anything yet, isn't it funny how they all develop at different levels, Coby has teeth, is crawling and running around in his walker, but isn't speaking yet, is babbling but no real words coming out....

Heather - great that you've sold the house, as you said though, the adventure begins now! Good luck with the move and uni etc..

Vanita, oooohhh pooo about the sunburn, it'll be ok though, don't beat yourself up too much about it, these things happen. Its not as if you didn't try to cover them up with as much sunblock as you could. Sometimes I think those things aren't all they're cracked up to be. I've gotten burnt a few times this summer (not badly) but I've been wearing sunblock all the time and STILL got burnt just don't understand how it can happen???

Coby is going well, cold is still present though. Its awful having a runny nose when you're a baby, you don't know how to blow it and he HATES me wiping it!! Coby is hooning around in a walker that a friend lent to us. I spoke to my clinic sister about it and she said it was fine, as long as his feet touched the ground completely and not on tippy toes, as this was what all the concern was about with walkers. Aparently it shortens their tendons and can lead to all sorts of problems, that's aparently why you see some kids walking on tippy toes all the time, too much time in a walker!! Anyway, he hoons around with his arms up in the air, its hilarious!! Still pulling himself up on us and anything else that he can manage to, he's just gonna be a massive handful soon when he walks!! I can already see him looking for mischief to get into everytime he is either crawling or in the walker......hmmmmmmmmm

Stormi Guest

Just a quick pop-in to catch up on everything.

Vanita - Makenzie got sunburnt a couple of months ago, I felt so bad. Even though she had sunscreen on and a hat and was in the shade under a huge tree. Her whole face was red, and her legs. Then a few days later she peeled. The sun is so much stronger these days, it's so easy to get burnt even if you slip, slop and slap.

Kate - I found when I was pg with Riley I was so exhausted too. At least in first pg's you can rest when you want, instead of chasing around after babies/toddlers.

Heather - congrats on selling the house. Are you looking to buy in the same area?

Hi everyone else!

Well Makenzie is still commando crawling, I'm wondering if she'll ever bother crawling properly, although she tries. She's not attempting to pull herself up on anything yet, either, so I doubt she's going to walk at 10 months like my boys did (which I'm quite happy about). She's been making this clucking noise with her tongue (like when you do a clock's tic tock noise, if that makes sense). It's so funny. She also likes to have yelling/screaming contests with me. She yells then watches my mouth and I have to do it then she tries to outdo me, the look on her face is hilarious coz she strains so hard to do it!.

She's got almost 6 teeth now - instead of getting the two front top ones she got the left top front one and the one next to it. The two on the right side look like they're about to come through together.

Anyway, better go, today is Riley's 4th birthday so still have presents to wrap etc.

We've just been to the Drs. He thinks Tahlia must have had a reaction to something for her sunburn to be so severe, mum just said it could have been the suncream, my sister is allergic to some suncreams.
    Well she has to have painstop ( like panadeine for kids) and a special burns cream.

GUESS WHAT??? Dion pulled himself to standing last night for the first time. Woo hoo. still no toofs!!!!

hi mummas and bubbas

shouldn't really be on at the mo but hiding from kids at the mo 8-[

oscar has no toofas yet either, is commando crawling and sleeping really well.

oh gotta go bloody kids having a bad day

beckles

mama mel Guest

Thanks for the welcome, it's great to be back here

Kate - Enjoy the time before she crawls! It's much easier. If Ryan didnt crawl til he was older it would've been fine by me! Yeah he's def just trying to catch up to Adara. Crawling was about the same but he's way way ahead with walking and talking. I've spoken to a couple of other mums with similar gaps who've said the same thing, I think they identify with them more if their real close in age? Also comes down to personality, Ryan will try anything way before he's ready and Adara's a perfectionist. These days he constantly pulls to stand, lets go to try and balance and falls down again, over n over. This morning he got so good at it, he took his 1st steps back to the table to hold on again! Whereas Adara's 1st steps were when she was almost 17mths old, we were playing when she just stood up in the middle of the room and walked away! She never fell over and she never crawled again!
    Goodluck working out what to do with X. How horrible to be in that situation, not sure what I would do. How did your sister go, she must've had her baby by now? Oh, and I felt rundown and exhausted for Ryan's entire pg, apparently that's common for 2nd pgs esp when they're close. You've got a great attitude to the house though, I found it impossible to keep up with everything but kept beating myself up about it. I'll email you shortly, just need a night when the kids are in bed and I'm awake enough to think

Deb - Goodluck if you're TTC, as I said I can't recommend it enough! And I found out the best time for the older sibling psychologically is when they're 1yr or 5yrs+. Thanks for checking out their sites, I've updated them now

Beckles - OMG @ Oscar on the loo!! Unbelievable \/

Hayseed - Must be great to know you never have to leave Pup to work. My mat leave runs out end of May but I'm lucky, they're very flexible and I'm only going to start with 1 day a week to see how I (and the bubba's) go with it. How great for him on the motorbike! Did he like it or freak?

Bel - Thanks but yeah, I'm not concerned about Ryan's weight. MCHN thinks he should be gaining more but I figure he's fine, for some reason he was born above average but none of us are big and now he's just working his way to where he should be. He's always eaten well, been alert, developing ok and already almost caught up to Adara! She's 22mths n only 9 - 9.5kgs. WTG with the weight loss! Ive still got 10kgs to go but I’ve lost 25 already n only just started back at the gym last week so I’m sure I’ll get there.

Hi Vanita, how are your girls? (apart from the sunburn, poor possums!) WTG Dion! =D> I just realised, my mum n aunt would love your kids' names, my brother is Dion and my cousins are Rhiannon and Tahlia! No Lakeisha's though

Heather - Wow, what a busy time for you coming up! Goodluck with it all.

Ryan's been real hyper n won't sleep today, he got like this before he crawled too. I'm sure he's excited over standing n cruising better and his 1st steps back to the table this morning as I said to Kate.. I know he thinks he'll walk soon but he's got a looooong way to go yet!

Hi girls

I'm back at school 3 nights a week now and I have a test already tomorrow! I am not too optimistic about how I'll go seeing as I had such a long break and haven't been practising Danish enough. Can only try. So a short post then to study.

We also have the MCHN come over to check on Al tomorrow, so that should be cool to get his stats. He's going to be 8 months already on Friday - time is flying!

I tried putting Al on the toilet this morning when I thought he would do a poo and he did it! He didn't seem to mind at all. But seeing as he's averaging about 3 poos a day right now I can't imagine being ready to catch them all. I guess I will keep trying.
    Bec - do you put bub on a potty or hold him over the loo?

Are you all still giving your bubs a massage after their bath? Al seems to really enjoy his still.

We have had below freezing temps here and lots of snow so everything is white! I love it!

ps cute photos of your dynamic duo Mel! How gorgeous.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast