Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #9

Hi all,

We had the worst night last night (sorry to start with my news, but my brain is so dead that I don't know if I'll get to personals.) I don't know what was wrong with Blake. He woke up about 10.20pm - just after I went to bed, and wouldn't settle back down. I got out a burp but he just lay there wriggling for about 45 minutes before he went back to sleep. Then he woke just before 1am and I finally got him back to sleep after a bottle and a nappy change for good measure, about 3.15am. He was just lying there with his eyes open but if I got up to go to leave the room he just howled. I even tried getting into the single bed with him and he just played and wriggled and stuffed his fingers up my nose, and picked and my teeth. I was in tears about 2.50am and got him the bottle. Even then it took him a while to go to sleep. He woke again at 4.50am but luckily it was only to be replugged. Then he slept through until 8am. I've just managed to get him back to bed, to sleep but even then I had to let him wriggle for a while and go back to him after about 10 minutes. I think I'll go back to bed cause I was soooo fractured last night that I can't do it again.

Sorry for the big whinge, I'm just exhausted.

Kate, sounds like you had a great time yesterday, and at the expo and museum.

Hayseed, sounds like you have your handsful with all those babies! How cute!

Hello to everyone else.

I'm off to bed!

Ohh Rach, I hope it is just a one night phase. There is just nothing worse than when nights like that come out of the blue and you are totally unprepared for them.

Brooke, I was going to suggest the same as Vanita about taking some toys away and rotating them. I have to do that. In fact, I'm up for a toy cull today!

Gemma, good to hear from you. Good luck with testing. I'm out for the moment. Dirty ol' AF showed up 2 days ago...a bit miffed too as my temps were looking GREAT. Hopefully next month will be the go as my cycles look like they are coming back to normal now (last 2 have been not bad lengthwise).

I had my first night out last night without Pup and without DH. I went to the pictures with my mum to see the DaVinci Code. Not bad. Entertainment value. Mind you, the movie started at 9.15pm (yawn!) so all the work with Pup had been done and he was asleep when I left. DH was in the exact same position as he was when I walked out and no dishes done, no cleaning up of the lounge room...nothing. Here he was snoring his bloody head off. So at 12.15am, I was loading the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen.

Even after our big blue the other day about him needing to pitch in, nothing seems to have sunk in. Sigh.....

belmarks Guest

Oh Rach, what a terrible night for you, thankfully we've only had one of those nights and it was because Coby was sick and woke himself coughing and carrying on. I hope its not a trend that continues for you - sleepy vibes for you and Blake...

Hayseed, on the DH front, aren't they useless sometimes. Try as you might to get it through to them that you need help around the house, it just doesn't seem to penetrate their thick skulls. My DH and I have had lengthy discussions regarding this topic, and he is on the whole pretty good, its just that he's hardly home. Good luck with getting it through to your DH, perhaps a hammer over the noggen might do the trick??

Brooke, WTG Maya on sleeping through, good little chicken she is!! I was advised by my gyno to have a mirena put in, and I refused. My libido isn't great anyway, and I certainly don't need it to be any lower! Boo to the spermicide and frenchies, back to that again?? What are you gonna do? Did you fall really easily with Maya? If not, maybe rythm method?

I've had a fantastic day with Coby, he's been a good little man today, all except for a vomitting episode, but it was because of this darn cold. He coughs and gags on the flegm that he coughs up (sorry for TMI) and he had a MASSIVE vomit in his bedroom, all over curtains, carpet, change table, nappy wrapper, nappy stacker, it was EVERYWHERE. Poor thing though, I felt very sorry for him, but it was me who had to clean it all up, I just didn't know where to start. All done though.

Hey Brooke, I forgot to ask, hows your nanna? And what's happening with the house and the move etc....I just had a look at Maya's website, she is such a gorgeous girl! What about her eating that pasta!! That's hilarious!!

Kate how are you travelling honey?

Hello girlies,
    Hay, Have your DH and mine been trading tips??? I have had a DH like that for nearly 10 yrs, and I dont think it will ever change, one day he can be fabulous, and do extra's and all, and then the next day he does absolutely nufin Men,

Brooke, so Maya was a destiny child??? I have 4 of those LOL. I hope your nanna recovers wel, and that she's back to herself in no time. good girl Maya for giving mummy a sleep in ( what are they by the way???)

Kate, glad to hear you had a good time, hopefully will be able to make it to a few, soooo busy, I hope your pg is progressing well, and that you are feeling good.

Bel, What sort of thing have you tried?? TBH it sounds a lot like Dion has been since 6 weeks, and the only thing we've found really works is dimetapp to dry up the excess mucous, it seems to stop him vommiting everywhere. We are going to get Dion tested for allergies at 12 months, as the paed is sure that is whats causing his "cold" that its more like hayfever KWIM? Anyway I hope something works for him soon, maybe look into allergies??

Gemma welcome to Pakky!! LOL hope you are well and that work isnt ruining your life LOL I am lucky, I dont have a life for work to ruin
    Rachel hope you are more rested now, and that whatever was upsetting him ( it sound like a tummy upset ) is over I would take note of what he ate that day, was there anything new??? a warm bath sometimes helps, if it ever happens again ( fingers crossed it doesnt)

belmarks Guest

Hi Vanita, yeah, we've been down the allergy road, we are scheduled to have a blood test on or near his first birthday, testing for coeliac disease, but we have also concluded that he is a hayfever sufferer. Yes, I've tried pretty much everything, Dimetapp, Demazin, vapourisers, chest rubs, the works, nothing is working. My GP just gave me a presription for some Claratyne for the allergies, and I've filled it, so I might give that a go this morning. Its just so frustrating, I just keep being told by pharmacy people that there is nothing you can do because he is under 2 years of age. What a croc!! My GP is fabulous, so I will give the Claratyne a go today and see if that makes any difference. I am going to phone the GP today because Coby has finished his anti's and its still hanging around. So Im going to see what he recommneds. Coby is rattly in the chest too, so that's what makes me believe that this is more than allergies. I suffer quite badly with hayfever/eczma/occassional asthma, so obviously he's got my yucky system, poor little man....

Are there any other recommendations that I've missed?

Bel, it sucks hey, one thing after another, but often with no result. Parenting is trial and error ( more error LOL)

Brooke, it depends what type of lifestyle you are after??? The "rural" but city family lifestyle or the close to entertainment ( theatres etc) I used to love Pakenham, country like, affordable, but it is developing in leaps and bounds, and is starting to get quite busy, am getting claustriphobic, so we will be moving further out country when we relocate in the next few years.

belmarks Guest

Talking

Hi Kate, that's gorgeous that Kelsey was filing her nails, what a great helper she is!! They are at such a lovely age aren't they? They are starting to interact a lot better and understand more of what we are saying and doing with them.

Brooke, I wouldn't worry about Maya, Coby is only 8.7kgs, but he's on the small side I suppose, he's only in 00's still. Remember they are all different shapes and sizes! BTW Im going back to the GP tomorrow morning, he's concerned as I phoned him this afternoon and told him that it still hasn't cleared and that his chest is rattly, so he wants to see him to make an educated diagnosis. So hopefully by this time tomorrow, we'll be on the road to recovery!!

Coby had his first hair cut today, just a little trim around his face, because it was hanging in his eyes, so the hairdresser just trimmed it up for him, he looks so grown up now. I kept the hair, not that there was much of it, but I kept it just the same!!

belmarks Guest

Brooke, its true what they say - they play up for the parents but are angels for everyone else....

There are things that Coby will do for others but definitely not me. I think because we are with them all day, they know how far they can push us, so they do....Just a thought...

Brooke, Dion wears 0 bottoms, and 1 tops, just gone into them in the last few days, 1 bottoms fall off him and are too long. he weighs nearly 10 kg. Rianna weighs 12 1/2 kg, and still wears size 2 jeans, again like Dion she has 3 tops though, as size 3 bottoms too big, so I have bred the last 2 little!! ( dont ask about the first 2 i seem to go to extremes LOL)
    I totally agree though, our kids "play" us, they are always better for Nanny or Granny LOL, or the man at the supermarket in fact :eek:
    Yep it definately sounds like cityish to me, but its sooooo expensive in there, and lots of issues like no car parking etc, I would probably consider "semi Inner" like bundoora, preston ( theyre the only ones I know as my bro and sis live there)

Dion is just finishing a course of anti's and it seems to have taken away the real "wet" sounding rattle in his chest, so its more "wheezy" now, so thats good, he obviously needed them ( which always worries me, coz last yr he had antis about 12 times on and off, before we tried the ventolin etc) So I know where you are coming from Bel, sounds like we have similar issues with our little fella's
    Dion "purr's" like a cat ( thats what his breathing sounds like most of the time)

Kate glad your US went well, look forward to getting a peek.

Rianna went in the pool at swimming lessons without me for the first time today, my big girl, will soon be free to take Dion in whilst she swims!!!!

I have a little snap lock bag with each of the kids first haircut hair, mind you the twins were about 3 and Rianna had hers a few weeks ago, Dion nearly needa a neaten up now too!!!

Hi girls,

Kate, good to hear that your u/s went wwll - but why wouldn't it! 20 weeks! Wow. I'm soooooo jealous!!

Brooke, we live about 2 - 2.5hrs from Melb. Now that my mum has moved to our town, we harldy ever go to melb any more (she used to live in Richmond which was great as far as needing a base to shop from or go to entertainment or sports!). Last time we went to Melb would have been in December.

Pup is a little tyke too. He is still in 00's and 0's. I don't think any of his clothes are 1's yet. Even the 0 pants fall off him - like Dion. He is coming up 11 months and is only about 8.5kg. When I was young, I was also a little dot of a thing. I had the same school dress from prep to grade 5! Just the hem was let down. Then at 18yo, I stopped sport, found beer and junk food and the rest is history. I went from 55kg at 18yo to (ahem...whispering this....) 88kg now at 36yo. Sheesh.

Bel, sorry to hear of Coby's health probs. Not nice for either of you on the vomit front. It's so frustrating when you can't get a medical reason for health issues.

Brooke, dont wonder, we are all different sizes and according to the "graphs" boys are s'possed to be bigger than girls, hey i look at the old books , and the twins were a whole 6 kg at this age LOL. ( triple their birht weight) Dion started huge, but petered off, he hasnt even doubled his birth weight:eek: I always figger as long as they progress its fine.....

Bentleigh is nice from what Ive heard but not too cheap, have you been looking on the net????

Hay, at least you were once little I was born about the same weight as Dion (10 4)and never looked back, at 12 years old I was wearing a size 14, then by 16 I was in an adults 14..... at my BEST when I was a 14 bottom and 18 top, going to gym for 2 hrs a day, I still weighed 94 kg, so I always say to hubby I know he picked me for my personality, and he wont leave me when Im fat and old LOL

I do agree, the most gorgeous people on the outside, sometimes turn out to have the ugliest insides, the whole beauty of a person comes from their personality.

I gotta say Kate this X sounds like a narrow minded petty, cold hearted brainless twit, and its a shame you just cant be rid of them.

From all reports X wouldnt "feel" anything even if it was her child.
    Some people should never become parents hey

Hello

Sorry I have been a little absent from posting lately. I am up to my ears in study right now. Currently doing Level 9 (out of 10 levels) in my Danish course, so its getting harder and harder. We also had a public holiday here on thursday which meant our little family took a mini holiday to visit the grandparents. That went really well, Al loved all the attention and DH and I even got to have a night out.

All is well with little Al, his 'fangs' have come down and now we are beginning to see a front tooth as well. He still is getting 3 bottles a day. I give him some juice and water out of a cup, but I can't bring myself to give him milk from a cup yet. I know he loves his bottles... Has anyone else made the big leap to cups of milk yet? Any advice for me?

Bel - cute that you managed to cut Coby's hair. How did you get him to sit still? I hacked a little at Al's hair a couple of weeks ago and it was very difficult to keep him still, so it didn't go so well

Brooke - Hey there! I think Al is a skinny mini too. He is in size 0, for example Target clothes, and the legs sometimes are too big for him. Actually he has been in 0 all year. Great that Maya is sleeping in - that sounds wonderful about her big day sleep as well. She's turned into a fab little sleeper! Yay Maya.

Kate - Haven't had a chance to look at the website yet, but will do. Congrats on hitting the halfway mark on your pregnancy. As Hayseed said, 'I am sooooo jealous*! I think we hope to be not too far behind you. yay Kelse on your second tooth!!

Hey to everyone else!

Just locking this girls and creating another

Love

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345