Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005

Yes, Sarah is a cutie Layla! That 2 week old shot is priceless!

And Caz, just checked your site too. Really sweet to see the kids together like that.

Beckles - Sweden in Jan! Fantastic! But it will be freezing hon. Take lots of warm stuff for both of you. Are you planning on doing the trip with your DP? We are a bit nervous about the long flight (Al is a screamer LOL).
    And you have 7 brothers! That is extraordinary! Do you have sisters too?

Hi Fletch

I have MIL coming tomorrow for 3 days, so wish me luck. Better get back to study and stop procrastinating.

deb bloody cold in jan i know. but it's the only time DH has time off to mind boys (he went to england last year so my turn this year). i lived in sweden when i was a kid for a while and i couldn't believe how mild their summers were and how cold their winter are. usually i visit only midsummer - hmmm maybe i'll wait til june! i have 3 sisters by the way.
    31 nieces and nephews and 5 great nieces and nephews!

fletch how are you sweets. so good to catch up again. how's zane - besides cute!

layla i would love to post a photo but have no idea how to! i am hopeless at that sort of thing. trust me he's gorgy.

how's everyone else today?

love beckles

layla Guest

Fletch, yay, you're here. I missed you too!
    All my babies were bald until they were about 18 months old! I think it's hilarious, it's the only time in your life you can be bald, fat and toothless and everyone thinks you're beautiful! LOL
    Glad to hear Zane is doing so well. I'm off to check his website next.

Deb, I'm sure Al will love the Aussie sunshine. I bet you can't wait.
    Thanks for lookng at Sarah's pics!

Beckles, I have always got AF back quickly after having babies. This time is the longest actually! I feel a bit ripped off really, I thought breatfeeding was meant to hold it off.
    Can you email a pic to me? Glad Oscar is all better now.
    Wow, all those relatives, I hope you don't buy for all of them at Christmas!

We are having a quiet day at home today, for a change. I seem to have spent all last week rushing around. Sarah is still pooing every hour. Arrrgghh.

layla Guest

Fletch, Zane is so cute, such a happy looking baby!
    Sarah always frowns when we whip the camera out but Zane obviously loves it!

layla i can't access your email address can you let me know what it is and i'll send you a photy of the prince

beckles

layla Guest

Beckles, it should come up when you click on the button at the bottom of my posts, but here it is: [email protected]

all done layla i sent one of the boys with oscar as well. they were taken today so are really up to date!

love beckles

Kate - sorry to hear Kelse is not sleeping. It will pass!! Easy to say in the bright hours of day, I know. Last night we had a bit of unsettledness, besides the usual here too. Al was wide awake between feeds and not wanting to sleep. I ended up leaving a little night light on in the end so he could lie there in his cot and look at his cousins photos on the wall. I got back to sleep and I guess he did too eventually.

Do you think its teeth? Its so frustrating at times not knowing. I hope you can both get some rest tonight.

Beckles - June sounds like a better time for traveling over here. What a big family, how wonderful for you! I have 3 sisters and a brother and I love having a big gang of us. But its a small gathering in comparison!

Back to cleaning up...

fletch sent you photys! wow zane is heaps heavier than oscar. Congrats Zane - rolling - clever monkey.

kate i hope this means kelsey is back to sleeping. oscar sleeps with us every night we lurve it.

deb cleaning up hmmm i feel guilty. i just like playing mummys and babys and going on BB. cleaning indeed.

love beckles

fletch i am glad zane is gaining now it's too dangerous if they are losing to muck around i reckon. oscar has been a slow gainer like around 500grams a month so was only 5.5 kg at 4 months but as long as he's gaining i'm happy. of course the mchn is pushing for him to start solids early but that's not gonna happen! i'll start him when he's 6 months just after christmas. how cute zane holding his bottles.... oscar is holding toys well now too. they are so clever - gifted or brilliant i say!

love beckles

layla Guest

Thanks so much for the photo Beckles, your boys are all adorable!

Fletch, Zane is doing so well now isn't he? That's a great weight!
    Sarah sucks her thumb too (either hand at the moment) she's been doing it since she was in-utero. She does have a dummy too as she can't get her thumb in her mouth when she's crying.
    I'm left haded and DH is right handed, but his dad is a lefty. Sean and Kate are both right handed but I have a feeling Sarah might be lefty. She always reaches for things with her left hand.

Kate and Deb, here's hoping for a better nights sleep for both of you tonight.

I'm still having to get up to Sarah at 2am to change a seriously pooey nappy! I wish she'd stop doing it, it's been a week now.

Hi gals,

sorry about not being around a bit more...this internet plan thingy is messing with my BB time!! The useage meter currently says 99% used up, so this might kick it over the line! DH told me that it is 15c every 1meg downloaded after the 100% is used. Next month we are back to unlimited, thank god.

I missed the fact that we have changed over to these new threads, so I haven't read the last part of the old threads and have skimmed this new one. So apologies to everyone for not many personals.

Hi Layla. Good to see you back! :smt039

Pup is getting weighed next Friday so I'll update you all on his weight etc then. He is still not rolling unlike most of your babies. Somedays he looks like he is just about to roll over and then gives up. Then other days, he doesn't even try. Sigh. Oh well.

Sleeping continues to go very well for us. For the past 2 months, he has been sleeping through the night (well, not waking me for anything anyway!), although last week he woke nearly every night for a feed somewhere between 1 and 4am. But he goes straight back down and sleeps for another 5 hours so that's good. For the past couple of nights he hasn't stirred, so maybe that was just a breif phase that has passed???

Pooing for us is a weekly event and then on the day that it does come, it comes with a vengence. That was yesterday. I got 4 poos in one day. And I'll have nothing for another week.

Who was it that is TTC again now? Kate? Gemma? Good to hear. Our sex life has advanced with baby steps and I guess that given that we are not being careful or using any contraception then you could say that we are TTC again from now as well. Although, there is no sign of AF, so I have no idea if I am Oing or not. Question: if you don't get AF, how do you know when you are Oing? I have only used OPUs once (to double check and confirm my O day) but that was b4 I got pg and was when I had AF arriving regularly. If OPUs are still what I should use, how do I know when to use them? Cause aren't they used on a day based on the length of your AF cycle? Any advice?? Anyway, we need to be having a lot more sex for me to fall pg again at any rate!!! LOL

Have I mentioned that my SIL has announced she is pg? This is good news, because for years she has suffered with an overactive thyroid problem and it has recently resulted in her having the thyroid removed. Whilst she was on heaps of tablets etc, she was told not to get pg. But a month after the operation, she got pg and she is now due in May. Hopefully I'll be pg myself by then.

We are not starting Pup on solids until after Xmas either. He is totally NOT interested in watching us eat and looking at food and he seems to be totally satisfied on entirely BM, which is both good and handy for me! Occasionally, my milk supply dwindles a bit, but I feed more regularly (to stimulate milk production) and I also fall back on Fenugreek capsules and maxalon tabs when feeling very low. These help me. But I guess if AF doesn't show and I don't fall pg by say March, I may have to start to wean off BM and supplement any solids we are feeding with both BM and formula. We'll see.

So, I was watching something the other day and they said that it is something like 36 sleeps until Xmas. OMG. It is coming around so fast. It only seems like a month ago I had Pup and now I've blinked and he is coming up 5 months!

Tomorrow DH and I are going to the photographer to pick up some photos and to view others recently taken. We are also going to start to organised which ones we want enlarged and framed in time for Xmas for grandparents presents.

I have to have a major overhaul of Pups website. It is still pretty much my pg website but I have just been bunging photos of the boy on there. I need to create his own one now. I'll have to wait until next month so I can get on the internet and not incur any additional costs (bloody limited useage :mad: )

Well, I'd best choof off. Again, sorry for no personals. I'll check back in when I can.

Hayseed

Hi!

Quick post while MIL is snoring, I mean, sleeping.

Beckles, I was only cleaning to try and make a good impression for the MIL visit. But I turned around to find her dusting one of our lampshades earlier, so I musn't have been thorough enough! [-X

And wouldn't you know it..just as I finally get a second to sit to post on BB...bub wakes.

DH's sister. I'm an only child.

I'll check out that link you posted after this.

Our internet useage is now at 121%. Oops. And it is me that has taken it over the limit today. I have not long gotten hooked on scrapbooking and I have been searching a number of sites looking for some blasted particlaur paper. I saw it in a mag and have clicked on all the links, but can't find it! Grrr. Anyways, I manged to hook onto a linkt hat took me to a site that runs a site of forums exactly the same as this, but for scrapbooking people!!! It is exactly the same layout! Spooky!!

On baby stuff, Pup has now found his penis!!!!! =D> Yep, everytime his nappy is off, he reaches down and pulls it for all its worth!!! Now I have the added thing of him putting the bum cream in his mouth when his hands return to his gob!!! GREAT.

Best go. I'm tired and it's late. The internet is addictive. 8-[

Hayseed

Hayseed - maybe you could get an unlimited download option, might work out cheaper for you, that is, if you have to pay an excess over normal usage. Sounds like you've found a new hobby in scrapbooking. Are you making a book for the baby? Or is that a silly question?
    Cute that Pup has found his willy and is already playing with it at 4 months! Boys!

We r also TTC, well sort of, similar to you Hayseed. In an 'immaculate conception' sort of way. I am keen for another one soon as possible. DH is keen for a girl and I am not fussy, as I love my little boy, so to have a whole bunch of boys would be cool too. We are BDing at times when 'I' say its more likely we will have a girl! Which isn't such a lot LOL!

MIL is still here. Next to me right now. She is sweet. But a bloody loud snorer and we are all in one room here. (Sounds primitive I realise, but its a studio apartment, and so very cosy :-#) So once I'm awake with the baby its hard to sleep again for the noise from her. #-o
    She has been babysitting while I have been at school at night (DH is away for work).

Last week, some of you may recall DH gave formula with EBM to the bub. Went down well with him, but not with me!
    Tonight MIL gave Al his 'Farax' with EBM in his bottle! #-o He also liked it, but.... but!!!!! He was supposed to have the EBM in the bottle and the Farax in a bowl with a spoon. Is it so hard???? LOL
    Anyway..back to normal tomorrow for me. DH is back late on Friday.

And it gets worse...(need to vent)

The MIL snoring was so bad this night I think I slept only 1 hour. The baby was also waking every 2 hours and he is so tired that he's back in bed now at 7am when he's usually awake. I can't even sleep now because she is still snoring! Bknsmdnejkwjfbcwecdnerjwdnwlkjdncfw!!!!!

AND.....the other thing that kept me up half the night was that I discovered MIL had given DS a bath. Which is fine, DH usually does this. But the towel she used one that is found on the FLOOR of the bathroom! WTF?!!!!! Did she really think the baby's towel would be the one lying on the floor? I had even showed her where the clean linen for bubs was stored. AND there is an obvious looking baby towel HANGING in the bathroom. I feel so bad the little Al was dried with the floor mat. I never want to leave him with her again, I'm so annoyed about that. What was she thinking?

Deep breath.

Al was sleeping in my bed tonight and he was wet through his clothes to the sheets this morning for the first time. I have no idea why, but maybe she didn't centre his willy in the nappy or put it on properly. Poor little love. He also was wearing his street clothes to bed because she couldn't manage the little clips in his pyjamas.

I think that's it. Sorry for the rant. Need a cuppa tea.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Did I mention she brought her dog with her?
    I am going to be cleaning for the next week! ](*,)

deb poor you. MIL grrrrr. i think you deserve a really big danish icecream..... and some earplugs. how long is SHE staying?

hi hayseed, nice to catch up again. pup sounds like he's doing well well done girl.

layla how are you and sarah today.

kate i can't believe you are TTC already wow

well i have really sore boobs at the mo. not mastitis nor nipple prob or thrush. i have not felt this pain before. they feel bruised. weird

TTFN beckles

layla Guest

Hi girls,

Beckles, Sarah and I are fine thankyou.
    I hope your boobs don't get any worse. Has Oscar been feeding more frequently, or less? Dunno about that one.

Hayseed, great to hear how you and Pup, sorry.. Thomas (still can't get used to that) are doing. Don't worry, Sarah isn't rolling yet either.
    How did the photos turn out?
    I've decided to put off starting solids until Sarah is 6 months old.
    You have done so well with the breastfeeding (I've been reading your posts), good on you for sticking with it. =D>

Deb, What can I say? MIL's, you gotta love 'em. I had to laugh reading about the antics that have been going on at your place but I can imagine how angry you must be. :evil: Deep breaths.........

Hi Fletch, Kate & Gemma!

Sarah is still pooing green stuff at all hours of the day and night. I spoke to the lactation consultant who thinks maybe she's lactose sensitive. Doesn't explain why it's only happened in the last few weeks though. She's had nothing but breast milk since she was born.
    I have to limit my dairy and chocolate (OMG) intake and see what happens. The lactation consultant also said NO solids until 6 months, and keep a close eye on her weight gain. (Not that that's been a problem for my little roly poly puddin')
    I am a bit worried. She still has a phlegmy cough too but she doesn't seem to care, still smiles her way through the day.
    (Couple of new pics on the website.)

Anyway, love to you all.

PS I'm excited, *Michelle* is coming to stay with me for a few days next week, we've never met before but talk on the phone all the time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast