Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Babies Born July 2005

brookey i just finished saying to my DH that i am NEVER getting snugglers ever ever again. i used them for my second son and they were great but they have gone down hill. i can't wait to use them up cos they leak all the time. i hate snugglers!

hayseed you poor OLD chook. sniff at our bubbas getting older.

fletch and kate thanks for the hugs lovelys re the food processor i used to just use my bamix (is it still called that?) to puree the boys bubba food - although zak really only went onto pieces of food - fussy buggar as he didn't start solids until he was 9 months.

well the oldest chook in the house is signing off!
    *beckles hobbles off with her walking stick*
    love beckles

I think ill give the J&J a try when ive finished this lot. IKWYM Brooke about getting poos on you because they dont fold properly! hehe

Beckles - hugs to you. Big bear ones! Your a funny chook - how old were you when you had your first??

Well (kate i think you'll be happy to know) Hendy has slept through for the last 4 nights - straight no dummy spits 12.5 -13 hours. Now i know the next wonder week is just around the corner so he'll be waking again soon im sure but he was 22 weeks this week so that 'leap' took ages!!

heather i was 27 when i had josh.

and now boo hoo i just turned 38

sorry i can hardly type due to the arthritis
    love beckles

Kate is Kelsey eating lots of solids?? coz to me the non sleeping and frequent waking sounds like a tummy upset, my kids had a reaction to "orange" foods and thats what they did, once I took them off them they returned to a better sleep. Maybe try cutting back to nothing, or nearly nothing for a day or two??

Snugglers were fabulous for the big girls ( its their 7th birthday today!!!!!) but when I tried it for Rianna they leaked, it sucked changing clothes and bedding so we are now huggies only family ( though my SIL swears by aldi brand)

I wasnt trying to put you TTC girls off, I just believe if you are prepared for hard aspects of things it never seems as bad, and it better to be prepared IYKWIM!!! I think kids get along better when they are close too, so what willl be hard for mum will benefit the kids . There is a 10 yr age gap btwn my sis and I ( no others in between) and we are just so far apart in life, She's a single party girl, and I've been an "old married lady for 8 yrs!!" so its hard to find a conmmon interest.

OOOOh hey I feel like a spring chicken, I guess from the talk of studying and uni and things like that I dunno, I just thought you were all mid 20's and I was the old tart of the gp ( will be 34 in feb) but hey I'm just one of the "old mums" I guess 4th time round and been there done that type of thing.

Gotta go tha boys awake and needs bb before we go to school ( gotta do cake and everything tonight)

Kate, youve probably done this already but I havent got time to read back through the posts, have she been checked out by Gp?? Have you talked to MHN?? There are some great sleep schools around, but I alsways say make sure its not a physical problem 1st. You can ask for a faecal specimen to be cultured, to see if she's not tolerating something in her diet.

Is anyone elses babys biting yet?? Dion is doing it every feed, on each side, when he's had enough. Have tried the stern "NO" and taking him off , but as this is what he wants I m not having any luck preventing it. as he's got no teeth its not damaging me, but it hurts nevertheless, and now Im sitting there through the feed, just waiting for it.

Hi girls,

glad to have heard a bit of an update on the Snugglers nappies. No-one in my mum's gp uses them and we were wondering about them. Huggies, babyLove and home brand are the big brands in our supermarket. I guess I have stuck with Huggies as disposables as I was given them as presents and I've just continued on. I've also used babyLove but didn't really like the newborn range as they left way too many jelly crystals on Pup's bum. The 4 - 8kg range is slightly better, but then I'm a bit more relaxed with the jelly things though.

Fletchy, WTG on getting free nappies!! That is a great boon! My cousin works for Mars, so we get free chocolate whenever we want it. Not good for me though as I am allergic to it!! #-o I'd go the free nappies personally.

Vanita, Pup has biten me twice, but not since. The first time was at 1am (an unusal nightly feed) and I got such a shock I sort of smacked him on the head. It was more like I was brushing off a biting insect, so it didn't really hurt him. In fact, he didn't even break stride! The second time was a day or two later and I smacked him on the bum - mind you, he was wearing a cloth nappy and pilchers and his jumpsuit so i doubt whether he even felt it. In hindsight, it was no harder than when i bang him ont he bum when burping him or patting him, so he wouldn't have even known he was bing "punished". I was hoping it was not a new thing he was into and fortunately it seems to have stopped, but by God, it took me by surprise. If you or anyone else comes up with an effective way of stopping them, let me know. I reckon Pup will start up again!

Well, after I was on here last night, a headache I had been carrying most of the day escalated and turned into a migraine. I had to get MIL to drive me into casulty at 11.30pm last night for an injection. I normally get Pethadine, but my dr who was on call, suggested we try another drug as the peth was quite variable in working for me. So I had the injection (including something to stop spewing) and had to wait there 45 mins to see if it worked. Lucky I did wait cause it did NOTHING and I had to end up having morphine. Consequently, I feel crap today. Pup has been so good though. He lay in bed with me and played with a stuffed toy while I dozed and then he even had a npa while I slept at a time when he doesn't normally have a sleep. I reckon that they know when you are sick and give you a bit of peace.

This is the second time he has been good like this when I've been crook. The other time was when i had mastitis and he harldy cried for the 4 days I was laid up. Just woke for feed and amused himself when he wasn't tired. Normally, he's a bit demanding for attention, so I notice the difference when 'm sick and he's being extra special good.

Mum's group was today and I dragged myself along, maiunly cause we were giving out presents. For a $10 limit, people did really well buying great gifts. Pup got a turtle that is a toy but has a soft book with bits and peices in it attached to it's belly (make sense??)

Well, best go. Feeling like death warmed up. Need some sleep.

Hayseed

Hi Brooke - great to hear that Maya is going so well and some of your news. Fantastic that you will be getting back into study this year, it should keep you well occupied. Is Maya on solids yet?

Al is still eating just a little bit of 'Farax' every day around 11am and 6pm. It is only 2 tablespoons now in total and is gradually becoming a thicker consistency. I mix it with EBM. He seems to love it. His poos have changed consistency but are regular, so we're happy with it so far. We are nearly ready to introduce a vegie at night...but may wait until we're in Australia in a couple of weeks instead.
    I have a book called Breast, Bottle, Bowl which I am following for directions in feeding bubs. I think its a good one.

There are 2 competing brands of nappies here. Huggies and Libero. They are both very expensive (about $45 for 70 nappies). We use a type of Homebrand one which is still perfume free and just as absorbant and costs half as much.
    For wipes I was made aware of some dreadful chemical they use in Pigeon wipes called methylparaben - which can mess with hormones. Probably can find a bit on the net about it. So we use another brand which doesn''t have that ingrediant.

Al is loving playing with paper at the moment. And he also laughs whenever I rest my head on his tummy (Warning: hair pulling may occur!!).

Kate - i hope that Kelsey has a wonderful day! I hope the weather turned out to be nice? Cant wait to see some pics of the beautiful girl (and her beautiful mum)! Im going to pop in and welcome your sister now!

Fletch - I love lilyfield too. We had someone else inspect our property yesterday and he apparently liked it very much so fingers crossed we may be able to move earlier! Also the good news is that property prices are falling so the properties we have been looking at are becoming much more affordable. Im glad you had a beautiful day at your friends wedding. I love weddings . And why doesnt it suprise me that Zane was such a good boy??? I cant wait to meet him and give him a little cuddle! No more words as yet just lots and dad and bub (cant wait till he says mum!!).

Well my beautiful boy is calling...........

Just locking this thread girls and creating another

Love

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345