Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2006 #3

my little girl is growing up, Charlotte is finally out of new born huggies nappies, only because we have run out, and she is starting to wear 000 clothes, i can not belive she is going to be 10 weeks old tomoorw, where has the time gone.

Fee Guest

I've noticed that Cooper is starting to use his hands a little more. I put a toy in his grasp the other day and he held on for a while. Also often during feeds/burping he grabs onto his bib and puts it to his mouth to suck.

And he bats a bit at toys on his play gym although I think it's accidental – that is, he's just waving his arms around! Not sure!!!

It will be fun when he starts grabbing at toys properly.

Also, I think it's fair to say now that Cooper is laughing! I was playing with him yesterday afternoon and he put a whole heap of goo's and gaa's together with some giggles, finally ending in a squeal! A very long sentence! I haven't heard any squeals from him before. I was laughing myself – it was so cute!

kmh – Yay for Charlotte growing out of Newborn size! She looks like a little doll in your ticker. So cute! Cooper is in Crawlers – he's a big boy!

Sorry to hear about your SIL and the possibility of her baby having Downs. I hope she is doing okay.

About day sleeps. Cooper usually only sleeps for an hour and he probably has about 3 of these sleeps. By the afternoon I have trouble getting him to sleep. His feeds are normally around 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. He usually doesn't sleep at all between 3-6pm. Sometimes I can get him to sleep a bit longer if he falls asleep on me.

muma – Oh sorry I thought you meant a 3 hour labour was including contractions!!! My mistake.

Fee - sounds like Cooper is the leader of the group! Danielle's just a slacker! Tummy Time she just lays there, playing with her she just smiles but she does seem to talk more during Nuddy Time. She has whole conversations with Ken.

Kel - tell me about it!! Danielle's 12 weeks old today. It still feels like yesterday! It's good when they start getting a bit bigger and stronger. Danielle's in some of her 00's now but she was a heffa compared to Charlotte. Charlottle looks so cute!! We are going to Guilderton - about an hours drive north from Perth but about 2 hours from where I am as I'm south of Perth. It's a long weekend over here and we usually go away but we didn't want to go too far. I've started to pack but the way it's going I'm not sure if I'll be ready by tomorrow afternoon!! I'm not even sure it will all fit in the car!!

Muma - welcome!! I was like Fee thinking that the whole labour was 3 hours long. I was becoming jealous even though mine was only 6 1/2 hours in total from start to finish. He was a big boy (they are fun to deliver aren't they - Danielle was 8p 12). How big is he now?

I got my new car yesterday - yay!!! We get to take it away this weekend - yay!! Just got to get rid of the old car now. Danielle's being very clingy lately. I can't even leave the room without her crying for me to come back. Luckily she's starting to sleep a little more during the day. Over the last few days she's been having about 1 to 1 1/2 hour sleeps between feeds but she wants feeds between 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Hopefully this morning goes the same and she'll have a sleep so I can get some more packing done and we are off to the last Mother's Group today and we need to buy some seat covers for the new car.

Have a great day everyone!

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bubseykel View Post
    Fee - sounds like Cooper is the leader of the group! Danielle's just a slacker! Tummy Time she just lays there, playing with her she just smiles but she does seem to talk more during Nuddy Time. She has whole conversations with Ken.
    Oh don't worry - Cooper is not the best at tummy time. He rarely lifts his head. He just lies there!

But on his back he goes crazy!

I haven't tried any nuddy time with Cooper. I'm scared he'll "shart" everywhere. LOL. It's probably a good idea to do some though. Might have to try it soon.

hi all
    we are having the most restless nights lately like when she was a new born, i don't know what has happened, she goes down fine but after an hour or 2 she is awake and wanting to be feed, so i have been putting her back in to bed with me and she lseeps a little bit longer.

Bubs- yay for getting your new car, i would love to get a new car, but i only got one last year. Have fun going away, i am going to Queensland next month i can not wait, it will take me so long to pack for that.

Fee- i too have noticed Charlotte becoming more aware of her hands she has started to suck on them all the time. its really cute, well done to cooper for laughing, i love it when Charlotte talks, i got it on video yesterday.

Fraser Guest

ohmigod Kelly - I can't believe Charlotte is just out of new born nappies..... Charlie is onto Crawlers..... man he is massive! I wish I had a petite little baby - not a back breaker! he's in size 0 trousers too.....

Fee - Charlie is grabbing stuff now and putting it in his mouth too - He stares at his hands for ages like he's stoned, wriggles his fingers and stares in amazement at them and then WHAMO! shoves it in his mouth - so funny

Welcome Muma!

Roya - your poor thing - are you doing better now? don't guilt yourself - I'm sure it will happen to all of us at some stage. the day after Charlie was born I dropped my PDA on his head - DH was handing it over to me and it slipped out of my hand right onto his noggin - I cried for ages - he was feeding so didn't even notice!

Bubs - yaay for the car - let us know how your weekend away goes - I'm too frightened to do anything too far away from home - but if you can be brave and it goes well maybe I'll consider it!

Cyn - good to hear from you - glad to hear Jensen is doing better - you must be starting to feel a bit saner!

Poor old Charlie has had a bit of a tummy upset and now as a result has a big of a red bottom - let him play in the sun with his pants off for 1/2 an hour - he loved it - pizzled over his right should - not on the towel I had put out but all over the floor - at least he missed himself.

nice day here today very sunny - which is a change from yesterday's 8 degrees screaming wind and pelting rain.

have a good day ladies!

Em

ps: have some updated shots on my website

pps: bought a digital video camera today - so cool - can't wait to work out how to use it....

Arvo ladies

Was having a nice family nap with DH and Dylan but Dylan wouldn't sleep and so I couldn't sleep but DH nice and sound asleep lucky B*****d. so now i have a wrapped up and very snuggly baby in my arms. wish i was a baby!!!!

fraser poor charlie with his red bottom hope it gets better soon. LOL at him pizzling over his shoulder dylan does at least one non naapied wizz a day woops!

kmh maybe charlotte is having a growth spurt.

fee lol at the shart comment. dylan seems to be batting away at toys on the baby gym too but like you not sure if it is accidental or not.

muma welcome to the group dylan and lachlan were similar size at birth, dylan weighed 8 pd 10 and was 51.5cm long. i also went drug free.

boisey so glad that you have sorted out what was making jensen so unsettled now you can start to enjoy motherhood.

bubsey yay for your new car.

roya lol at sarinas explosive poo.

We weighed dylqan before and he was 5.7kg meaning he has put on 800g in two weeks he doesn't look it to me but is slowly going into his 00 clothes eeek my baby is growing up. Mum and i went shopping yesterday and bought him a few 0 clothes from pumpkin patch real little boys things not babies stuff.

now i have a sleeping baby in my arms awwwww.
    byee

hey girls bailee will be in crawkler when his nappies run out and he starting to out grow 000 i put a 00 on him the other day and it was big on him but it was a parfic length hes going to be a tall boy is daddy is 6foot his pa is 6foot his great uncle is 6 foots his 2nd coz's are 6 foots and his fathers perents are 6 foot i feel very short when im around my family im only 5'7 well better go chat with ya all soon

Fee Guest

We weighed Cooper the other night as he last check up was at 8 weeks and the next one isn't until 12 weeks. He's now 6.3 kgs. He's in Crawler nappies but mostly wears 000. I think some of his 00 may fit. I think Cooper will be tall as DH is 6'3". I'm a shorty though (5'4") – perhaps he may be in between?!

Now onto last night ... OMG! :eek:

As per usual I fed Cooper at 6.00 pm, gave him a bath and then fed him again on the other side. It was around 7.00 pm when I put him to bed.

Normally he doesn't make a peep and then occasionally there are nights where he grizzles a bit and sometimes I have to give him a top up feed or a pat. Anyway he grizzled so I went in and turned on his Ocean Wonders toy. He was quiet and fell asleep (I assumed) as we couldn't hear anything. I was talking to my mum on the phone and we both heard Cooper scream out (through the monitor as well!).

I went in and he was screaming in his cot so I was hurriedly saying to mum I had better go. I picked Cooper up and he just kept screaming. Every now and then he'd take a break for about 10 seconds and then scream again. He was doing a scream/cry which was so loud it was ear piercing and he kept choking on his scream. I couldn't settle him! He just kept going and Mark came rushing in.

This was very unusual for us as Cooper as NEVER done anything like this before. If he's crying (and normally it's just regular crying) he will settle as soon as we pick him up. This was different.

Mark was pulling the covers off his cot, checking if perhaps something had bitten him. Nothing there. We took his temperature - it was fine. He felt a little hot though so we tried taking his clothes off. We gave more cuddles. Mark tried. We walked around. Went into a different room etc.

I was practically in tears and was shaking. Cooper just kept screaming so loudly and as I said before, choking on his scream which is really scary.

We had no idea what to do! It was awful. I was thinking we were going to have to rush him to ER but he didn't have a temp. I ended up calling Mark's sister and she kept asking if we had tried this, and that etc. I said yes and that it wasn't working. Eventually he settled down as I was talking on the phone. Thank goodness!

He had been screaming non-stop for about 20 minutes. I nearly had a breakdown. I feel for people who have colicky babies and babies who just cry and cry. I've never experienced anything like it.

So I'm glad we didn't take him to ER - how embarrassing. They would have just said we were silly and that crying babies are normal. But this was definitely not normal - at least not for Cooper. Unless it's something he may do from now on?!

Maybe he woke up and got a fright or something?

Just thinking about it, even today, makes me feel upset. It was awful.

At least after all that he had a good sleep until about 4.00 am - 10 hours between feeds. And he's fine today - all smiles.

kmh – How strange about Charlotte having restless nights. Maybe she's having a growth spurt?

Fraser – I can't believe Charlie wears size 0 pants! OMG! I'm off to check out your website pics now.

Cassie – 800 grams in two weeks is great! Once Cooper put on 790 grams in 2 weeks. That has been his record. When we weighed him the other night (10 weeks) he had put on 500 grams in 2 weeks. So not as much but he's still a big boy. There are so many big boys in our group!

Hi there,

Sarina had a check up this week (12 weeks old) and is now 5.7kg and 58 cms long. Had a bit of a height growth spurt in the last few weeks! Is now into 00 jumpsuits but still 000 tops/trousers.

Boisey – how wonderful about the osteopath. Think I may take DD to get checked out just in case (from her fall)

Bubseykel – yay for the new car! Noticed that Danielle’s one day older than Sarina! Whilst Sarina likes tummy time, she’d always cry when she’d had enough and normally face buried into the floor! Yesterday, she just put her head to one side and relaxed on her tummy. Wonder if she’ll be a belly sleeper? It’s our second wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks too!

Cassie - must be an explosive poo week! Our MCHN hates the contented little baby book and says we should just relax and enjoy our babies.

Fee – you must have been so worried trying to work out what was wrong with Cooper. We had a session with a paediatric nurse this week at mothers group who said that if your baby is crying at least you know that nothing seriously wrong. When they’re silent and limp and hot is when you really worry. Still, we seem to spend a good portion of the week trying to figure out what Sarina’s trying to tell us!

Re: tummy time, she’s been getting a lot better in the last couple of weeks – she can hold her head high for a few seconds then drops so my picture is from when she first starts and feels strong!

Fraser – thanks for your note. Sarina seems fortunately unscathed from her drop from the bed. Her behaviour was no different, not fussing or unusually crying so I think she’s ok, thank goodness. I told our mothers group this week and the paediatric nurse said our first point of call should always be the Maternal Helpline – NOT Nurses on Call.

She said Nurses on Call are inexperienced and low paid nurses compared to the maternal helpline. Although there’s only a handful on the MH, they are very experienced (and all about babies) and will spend as long as you need on the phone with you – compared to NOC who are told not to spend more than 5 mins with each call. Worth thinking about.

Nuddy time – Sarina does tummy time with no nappy on – I put her on a mattress protector sheet with a few layers of cloth terries nappies and then whip away the layers as she wets them. I wait about 15 mins after she’s finished eating and noticed she never dirties them, just wets a little so no dramas!

KMH – Sarina’s sucking her hands too! Tends to do it to settle herself to sleep.

Have a great weekend all

hey fee bailees done that befor the only thing i could think it was with bailee was he need to burp he did a masive one while he was streaming helped him alittle to get it out i also think bailee is starting to teeth only coz he bits down on his dummy and bottle like theres no tomorrow has rose checksetc my mum dosent think he is i thinks he is we'll just have to see
    see ya girls chat with ya soon

hi, how are you all.
    I am having some trouble with Charlotte B/F, she atachs fine and then most times after a few sucks she comes off, she does this the whole feed, i don't know if it is because she is tounge tied. I tried ringing the pead today to see when Charlotte is booked into get it snipped but they still don't have a date for her, so i am going to call them back on Monday and tell them the problems i am having, she seems to be getting enough when she does feed proberly as she is putting on weight, it is just so fustrating.

Royauk- thank you for letting us know about nurses on call, i have called them a few times about myself and my girls, i normally try to call the MCH line, but it can take so long to get to speak to them.

Fee- you poor thing, it so horrable to see them screaming and you don't know what is wrong with them. Charlotte was doing this tonight, i was trying to feed her and she kept coming off and crying.

Cassie- did you go and have a sleep? Charlotte normally will sleep better when she is with me, she just snuggles in.

Em- i love you pics, Charlie is so cute, wow he must be a big boy, Charlotte is still in 0000 pants, and i think she will be for a few more weeks.

just letting you all know that i have finally set up a web site for Charlotte. Just click on my link to see my my baby girl

hey kelly(bubs) yeah your team won an sat i went for them aswell coz i dont like sydney lol yeah yeah lol bailee started giggling on sat i couldnt belive it it was funny as he was doing it for about 5 min then he stopped a couple of min later he tryed doing it agian and he forgot how to do it he tryed and tryed but couldnt do it again it was cute and funny he can do it if he dosent think about it but if he thinks of it he cant
    me my hubby chloe and bailee meet hubbys son for the first time today it was good he is a easy kid to get along with he loves his half sis and bro thats wat he told me
    see ya talk to ya all soon

hi all
    well it has been quite in here all weekend.
    i went to my BIL to watch the football on sat and then went to my mums for tea, Charlotte was a bit upset i think because she wasn't at home and she had to sleep in her bouncer. So today she has slept alot. On friday night she went 7 hours, OMG my boobs were so sore.
    Biazar- wow you have a step son, that is great that he loved Chloe and Bailee.
    Well i am off to bed early tonight, i am so tired

Fee Guest

It wasn't the best day on Saturday watching the AFL. I hardly saw any of it! We went to our friend's house. They live in a 2 storey townhouse. There were about 12 of us there. We got there at midday and Cooper was due for his feed so I used a spare bedroom upstairs. I also set up his pram bassinet etc for naps. After the feed I took him downstairs and he just sat on my lap (and a few other people's laps) for a while until I saw him getting tired.

I took him upstairs and put him in his bassinet. It was hard to get him to sleep! I have enough trouble most days at home let alone in a strange place. I ended up just patting his tummy and I could see his eyes closing. But then everyone downstairs made some huge commotion (pre-game stuff was on). Cooper woke up and started crying. I called on Mark to come and help. Mark told me to go down and have my lunch as everyone was already eating. Mark got him to sleep – yay!

We had taken along our Angelcare monitor so I turned that on. Cooper slept for a pretty good while. But as usual woke up before his feed was due. By this time the AFL had started and it was pretty noisy. But I played with Cooper a bit downstairs and he wasn't too bad. But he did get a few frights when someone yelled out really loudly.

Anyway after his next feed at 3.00 pm I struggled to get him to sleep. This is the nap he usually won't have. But I was jiggling the bassinet and he was drifting off. As soon as I got downstairs he woke. Damn! So I went back up and just stayed there jiggling the bassinet. He'd fall asleep and then wake and cry 5 minutes later but I kept jiggling and he'd fall asleep straight away. In the end he had a solid sleep for about 20 minutes I think. Even I fell asleep beside him. I could hear everyone downstairs going nuts as there was only 10 minutes or so left of the game. Then Cooper woke again and nothing would settle him. He kept crying and crying.

I was sooooooooo cranky! Just felt cranky that I was the one who had to feed Cooper and I was the one trying to settle him. I was missing out – I felt like I had spent nearly the whole afternoon upstairs in this bedroom while Mark was having fun, drinking, hanging out with our friends. I was just having a moment! I cried on the way home! I wasn't mad at Mark or anything. Just felt a bit crap. So yeah it wasn't the best day. It was just way too noisy for Cooper. Poor little thing.

Sorry for the long story.

Onto something better... Guess what Cooper did last night? I had a circular rattle (elephant) around his arm. He sort of grabbed onto it and brought it up to his mouth and started chewing on the elephant's trunk! I was so excited – what a clever boy!

kmh – I love the pic of Charlotte in the bath! She has such nice big eyes. Sorry to hear you are having trouble Bfing Charlotte ATM. How is she going now?

Fraser – Just had a look at your website. Charlie is such a chubba bubba! How cute. I like the "self settled" pic.

RoyaUK – What is the maternal helpline? I've never called any helpline … not even sure of the numbers?!

Baiza – That's nice that you got to meet your DH's son. Will you see him regularly now?

hey fee im sorry about your sat remember it dose hurt them if the cry for 5 min they teand to go off after a cry i now bailee will cry for me to help him go to sleep and at first i run to him everytime he cryed and it wasnt fair so next time bailee cryed when i wanted him to sleep i left him i cam back 5 min later gave his dummy didnt talk to him walked away another 5 min went back gave dummy walked off after 3 times doing this he relized i wasn't going to pick him up or rock him to sleep and he went off
    im not trying to tell ya wat to do and fee if you think this im sorry have a go at it it may just help
    with my step son my hubby wants to see him every second sunday which i dont mind

Fraser Guest

Hi guys,

quick post - I am finding it very interesting that lately alot of Bubba's have been having freak outs - Fee you said that Cooper did and I was just reading that Tulip's Lucas had a freak out too - well yesterday Charlie had a big uncontrollable crying outburst it was awful.

he had been outside sitting in his pram and got a bit grotty so DH put him inside on the floor under his play pen thingo - he wouldn't settle down so DH went back inside to him and he was hysterical (and a bit smelly) so we changed his nappy and cleaned poo off his back and tummy and everywhere - he was super super upset crying and crying - real tears - eventually I whipped my top clothes off and picked him up in only his nappy and fed him skin to skin - he eventually settled down - the poor thing - I think he got too hot and he was tired and then he did the massive poo.

He fell asleep on me with one arm wrapped around my neck and the other one hanging onto my shoulder - the poor thing - it was really awful he was so hysterical it was scary.

I don't really know what set him off - it was quite hot here yesterday and it was his first experience with the sun heat so maybe we're in for a rough summer!

so weird.

Fee - I hear you on the unfairness of the baby settling - that happened to me in the semi finals so I was clued into what would happen at the GF - so we went out for the afternoon - hung out at Aunty Erins and then at Nannas - so he was good and tired by the time we got home!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast