Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #13

Oooooooooooooh NO!! I just wrote a major post and somehow manage to close down my window by pressing something! I think I remember everything tho....

Happy 6 months Autumn!

Dani - I hope you have a good time away! And good to hear that Oscar is sleeping a bit better. For the first time in ages last week we needed to rock Avaleigh to sleep but that was because it was so hot and she hadnt slept all day. Its too hot in her room so I set her portacot in where the aircon is and she managed to sleep for a little while.

Tracey - WOW Zyon is already in size 1 clothes! How long is he? Avaleigh is at size 00 or 000 depending on how big the clothes look.

Hello to everyone else and welcome to Inlove! Our babies were born on the same day. Avaleigh was born at 2.19pm.

We are having my family over for lunch/dinner today. I was just planning to have a BBQ but decided to go a little fancy and make Lebonese Style Chicken, fried rice and salad. I have sent Jason out to try and catch some crayfish. Oh I hope he catches some!

Avaleigh has been a little constipated the past few days so I have just boiled up some pears and going to puree them for her. I am going to start making my own food for her too. Might save a little bit of money.

And I am feeling OK about going back to work, I just hope that my boss agrees to what I want. I guess we will wait and see when I have a meeting with him. Working at a supermarket is a good idea, but not something that I want to do. I worked at Coles for 4 years, and not really something that I want to go back to, but it will be considered if it needs to be.

Anyway, better go and make some more food for Avaleigh!

Hi everyone,

V- your dinner/lunch sounds yummy!! We are just having boring stirfry. I am in the same mind as you about going back to work. These bloody interest rates and every other damn bill increasing is going to be hard soon. I think Childcare is wonderful as I have had many friends have their kids in childcare but I don't think I can do it just yet. Its more the fact that I would be working just to put her in childcare....so hope Mum can do more days then just the 1 being discussed at the moment.

Damn, this time of day again....Olivia is stirring and she has only had 45 mins!!! I guess I shouldn't complain its just hard cause her feed isn't until 7pm...can't wait to change her routine when she is established on solids, she will be in bed by 7!!

She is nearly crawling....today she rocked on all fours and...is this weird...she gets up on her toes...like she is doing a push up??? Weird but what a little smarty.

Happy 6 months Autumn

Welcome to inlove

Sacha - I am the same as you with the CC, I can't let her go for too long at all, breaks my heart that she is upset I just have to go to her. Although doesn't cry all that much only at this time of the day.

Speaking of which, she is crying

Hope you have all had a wonderful Sunday!

Lis xxx

V - how jealous am I that you can send your husband hunting for crayfish! Very occasionally, I might get mudcrab if I'm lucky though we do get quite a bit of fish. Hope the pears work for you and Avaleigh.

Lis, Autie's routine has always had her in bed at 6.30 and she has 3 naps of about 30-60mins a day but she does still wake at least twice between then and 6.30am for feeds. Maybe you could start putting Livvy down a few minutes earlier each day even though she's not on solids if you want her to sleep earlier. Autie's had solids (once a day at 4.30) for a month now and it hasn't made any difference to her nighttime habits. Oh, and how good is this? I'm so happy tonight because I put her to bed awake and she did one really short cry then went quiet so I thought 'unreal' but it gets even better! When I went in 10mins later because I forgot to put the monitor on, she was still awake lying on her back and smiling! I nearly kicked myself for going in too soon but I was sure she was asleep and I thought she would cry now for sure but she just smiled as i said goodnight and i haven't heard another peep out of her. If I could only be sure it's not a one-off I'd be dancing on the table! Sooooooo much less stressful than the usual bedtime drama.

For anyone starting solids, I have to put a plug in for avocado as a first food - it's soft, it's easy, you don't have to puree it, it's good for their skin, you can leave lumps in it so they don't get too used to mush, it tastes great and is not too sweet, you can mix it with just about anything... lol you'd think I own an avocado farm! Today I gave her a big chunk in her mesh food bag thingie and she loved it and wore it and whinged for more. Anyway, I definitely recommend it even though they are $2.40 EACH at the moment... maybe I should own an avocado farm!

Quick question for those with older kids, do you remember when they stopped moving all around in their sleep and just stayed in one place for the night?

Happy 6 months Autumn !!!!!

Sacha, my DD is now 19 months old, and she still moves around alot during her sleep. I mean one minute she will be laying the correct way in her bed, the next she done a 180 degree turn than the next a 90 degree turn the oppisite direction, she is a crazy sleeper. That why we got her a bed that had side railings, so she won't fall out. I love giving Jack the avocardo as well. We loves it!! I mix it in with some BM and some rice cereal, he goes nuts!! Another favorite is banana.

Flossie, how cute does Olivia sound. What a clever little chooky being able to get up on all fours. I think Jack would love too, but he is too heavy I think for his little arms. But he is a strong little guy, he can sometimes out do his sister is a fight for a toy. He just carpet angels atm trying to crawl, and just rolls everywhere to get what he wants. Isn't funny how they all find different ways to getting around. Regarding bedtimes too, both of our kids are put down at 7pm, Charlee normally goes to around 5am, then maybe longer after a bottle, and Jack normally to 4-5am, then maybe longer after some booby. It's a good time to have them down by, it gives us sometime to ourselves before we are too zomby like.

Jem, I have been watching all the videos as well. I would love to do one for our kids, but just don't have the time. Is your foot all healed yet?

V, I hope you get your boss to agree to your terms. When is your meeting with him?

Tracey, good luck tomorrow night back at work. I hope all goes well. What is it you do?

Rebecca, good luck tomorrow as well.

Hi to everyone else.

All is good here, we are going to sydney soon to visit DH family. Can't wait, but not looking forward to the drive, going to leave around 7pm wednesday night, then should be there by 5am thursday morning. Fingers crossed its a good drive and it doesn't rain, I hate driving at night, at the best of times.

Have a good night all.

Hi all

Just a quick one from me - I seem to be saying that all the time LOL!

Bec and Tracey - best of luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you both.

Flossie - Olivia is very clever!! Must be her birth date 7/7/07 LOL!!

V - do you ever ever slow down LOL!! Did Jason get you a crayfish? My DH is away at the moment and I have told him he HAS to get me one so fingers crossed!! Crayfish is just the best isnt it!!

Mel - wow a trip to Sydney sounds great!! Lucky you. HOw long will you be away for? My foot is doing really well thanks - thank goodness as it is tiring chasing after these two boys of mine LOL! Those birth montages are a killer for making me cry!! I have been trying to put one together for Charlotte (will do one for the boys) and it is slowly coming together. I am just trying to work out how to compress a video file so I can add that to the montage.

Sacha - thanks for the avocado tip - I might try Charlotte on some tomorrow! I also have my fingers crossed that Auties self settling is not a one off!! Yay Autie.

Oshani - your birth montage is fantastic!! You look beautiful and Oscar is just gorgeous. I loved it!

Me - Oliver and Jesse spent the weekend at mum and dads which was a win win for everyone!! Mum and dad got to spend some quality time with their grandchildren and Oliver and Jesse were spoilt rotten and I had such a peaceful weekend with just Charlotte. I feel very refreshed. Is anyone else finding their bubbas are getting so distracted while feeding? Charlotte stops feeding at any noise (and there is a lot in our house LOL) and is constantly craning her neck around to see where it is coming from. I worry that she isnt getting enough as she only feeds on average for 5 - 7 minutes when the boys are around and that is stop and start. When it is quiet she normally goes for a little bit longer (not much). She isnt agitated when feeding just a nosy parker!

I had best run and get into bed.
    take care everyone
    Jem

Evening everyone!!

Jem - LOL Yes I have slowed down quite a bit considering how much I have been running around for the past 5 months! My days are actually going slowly now Oh and Jason didnt catch any crayfish bummer!!

Mel - I hope my boss agrees with my terms as well. I know that I am not going to be getting the best pay but atleast it is something and I can stay home with Avaleigh. We were talking about it over dinner and Jason said if my boss doesnt agree, then I will jsut stay home and Jason will work harder. I dont think its fair on him, but we will cross that path when and if it comes. Not sure when I will be meeting with him. I emailed him yesterday so should get a reply tomorrow. We will probably meet this week if he has time.

Lis - Yeh it is hard hey. I want to stay at home, but I know I am going to get bored soon plus it would be good to have the extra money, plus have my money so I am not feeling guilty spending Jason's money!! And with the way interest rates are going, we have got to do something.

Dinner with the family went really well. Mum loves the backyard and the new bar and we made a few ****tails! We ate outside cause it was nice but a little too windy to go for a swim. My lebanese chicken got a bit burnt tho! First time doing it, so will have to practise.

I am getting back on my diet and exercise wagon tomorrow. I havent been exercising for a month now and I am feeling so fat again. I cant wait to get back in to it! Planning to go 4 times a week now instead of the 7 times.

Hmm and guys I am feeling a little worried about something. Not as worried now as what I was earlier..... I'll tell you what my worries are about.... on new years day Jason and I DTD with no protection (condoms). We hate condoms but cause I am not on any birth control we've been using them but on new years eve I got what I think wa my period, but it wasnt heavy or anything, really really light.. But it could have been my period. Anyway.. for the past few days I have been getting a period type ache and I have this ouchy spot a few cm's from my hips.. so I dont think I am preggers but its just got me thinking! I dont have my period now, it only lasted 2 days.. Ahhh how silly! what do you guys think?

Hi all,

Argh I have to go to work tomorrow!!!!

Tracey good luck at work for you tomorrow night too as I probably won't make it back on until tomorrow night, if i'm lucky. Thanks for all the info on the ebm. You do have a big boy there, we don't wear jamies to bed, too hot, but I was shocked at Xavier wearing an 0 sized singlet to bed. I guess with the feed and bed at about 8.45 you will still have to leave ebm for zy? Does he drink more to get him through the night? last time I left xavier with mum while we went out he drank about 250ml.

Raels, I hope you got the chance to get all dressed up, even if just at home.

Inlove, daycare, we are using a government run child care centre, full time mon -fri 8.30-5.30, ooo it sounds so long. I was not stressed about leaving xavier with them as he doesn't mind strangers too much and he's not clingy yet so it is a good time to leave him. I had a little seperation anxiety when I had to say bye, I don't actually understand the exact reason but I was sad. I was very unsure about what to do with milk too, as am supplying ebm. The first day I sent 500ml, and he drank hardly any but by friday he is getting better with them. I was still nervous about how much I should be providing but with the help of some of the girls on BB including Tracey, I am feeling a lot more confident about it all. RE sleep there the most important thing to me is night sleep, he had very little for them during the week and then Sat morning slept 3 hours for me, it seems my little boy is a sticky beak and there is way too much to look at when at child care. So i'm just going to go with the flow and hope for the best.

Remote controls, aren't they a babies best friend, nathan and I got our niece to crawl using the remotes, nathan would slide it across the room, and she wanted it soo much that she started crawling. We had her zig zaging across the room in no time

Flos, we don't think your self absorbed. I fail at routines. I follow the whatever it takes to get him to sleep at night, and it changes on a day to day basis. I am hoping that me having to get up for work every day will help as I am very fond of a sleep in so xave's start to the day has always been from when he woke up be it 5am or 8am.
    Like sasha I have been doing my own version of CC, didn't realise until about 6 weeks that I was doing it from birth. I actually find with xavier that if he goes past the grizzle it's often too late.

V, when deciding on going back to work for me, it was actually better financially for me to go back full time rather than part time, when you take into account what you get paid, - c c costs as opposed to not working and just getting centrlink. It is different of course if you have some one who is willing to take avaleigh part time for no charge. another thing to consider is if you took full time care somewhere it is very easy to reduce the days she would go if Jasons work slowed down and he could be a sahd. Don't blame you for not wanting to go back to coles. I was at woolworths for 8 years and I am never, ever going back under any circumstances!!

Happy 6 months Autumn

Sacha, avocado is a great idea, i plan to give it to xavier but I have some vegies ready to go in the freezer, but it will def be on his menu.

Jem, Xavier is the biggest sticky beak, constantly looking around. all Nathan has to do is sit within a metre and he gets distracted. The child care staff say it's taking almost an hour to get him to eat and they have had to start putting him in a bouncer because he is too busy looking around to eat. Trying to get him started on solids, which he's been retty good at opening his mouth when he sees the spoon, until tonight when he caught a glimpse of his cousin and wouldn't stop stearing at her.

ok well look at the time, and to think I have to get up at 6am to get ready for work.

Everyone look after yourselves no doubt I will be mia for a couple of days while i get back into things.

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick pop in here to wish Tracey and Bec a nice first day back at work tomorrow.
    My heart goes out to you both having to be away from the bubba's.
    My paid maternity leave finishes next week but we have decided that we will be scrooges for 6 months and wait until Kaetlyn is 1 before going back to work. Then will be back at work for only a little while before TTC no2. I will only go back part time, as I have varying shifts, so would be to hard for baby sitting.
    Okies, well am off for a nights rest. Had all of my extended family over while my brother is down visiting for drinks and finger food.
    Night night all.

Hi all,

I posted a video on facebook of Olivia trying to crawl....so cute!

We are off to get injections today at 4pm Poor little angel, at least there is no more until 12 months.

Our routin at night is pretty good, we just put her to bed at 8pm and she takes her self to sleep and we don't hear from her until the morning. Its just the afternoon, she has never settled at this time - the most i can get is 45 mins but I guess that is still good.

Bec - LOL at remote controls, Olivia loves them and my mobile phone - keeps her quiet if she is crying to

V - I think you are safe, you may have just had a light period that month for many reasons so I wouldn't stress - keep us updated though

We haven't even DTD since Olivia's birth. I feel terrible for DH but I just went through so much with the birth. I told him it would be before the year is out (2007) but then the next day after I said that I got my period LOL so I told him this week for sure....bit scared though.

Jem - on the weekend!! That would have been awesome...sleep ins and just lay about and do what you want when you want. Its good when you get time to do that. I still can't part from Olivia overnight, but for a few hours I can

sacha - I have been meaning to try the avocado, will do this week I think. What other foods do you put in the mesh thing? I am not sure if I want to get one or not.

Mel- I hate driving at night also and in the rain. How long are you going to Sydney for?

BBL
    Lis xx

i have been putting rockmelon and watermelon in it the last few days - cold fromthe fridge and it keeps her happy for ages sucking away. i think i will try it with meat too eventually

Happy 6 months Olivia!

how are we all?

I have too many posts to read through at the moment and not enough time to read through them.

Nothing much to report here. All is going well. Still BFing. DTD lots... lol sorry.

well... yeah... I'm a mighty boring person. Come back in later when I have a spare moment.. I have TONNES of housework today.

hugs
    Nicky

I cant recall who asked what but here goes!!!

Indah is 2yrs old & still moves all over her bed & falls out every now & then...

I work for cadbury schweppes & had an office role which i have given up so I can work in the factory doing various tasks at night & therefore no need for childcare! Not taht i am against childcare at all, it just would cost us $500 a week for 2 of them & then it means 1 of us may as well be at home!

So now I get to stay home with all my babies, have dinner with my family & leave them in Dh's capable hands before going to work & be an adult for 4 hours at night!
    I will earn really good money for 4 hours a night too so it means we are actually better off this way even though I earnt in my old role almost double DH!

Zyon will have breastfeeds all day & then at about 8pm he will have his last feed a bottle about 200ml... I am only just now wondering if I should attempt a dream feed at midnight when I get home!???
    I might see how he goes & take it from there if he needs 1 or not! I guess it will help me wind down too & I wont have to express before bed....?
    Might mean I get to sleep in til 8am too!????

Zyon's today in a size O Myer outfit so maybe Cotton on Kids in baby sizes is small???

Bec I hope your first day back is going well...

I am hopoing tonight goes OK for me & also Dh & the kids!!! LOL

*ooh Added pic's Sammi took of the kids recently too!

Hi girls,

Just a very quick question while I'm packing like crazy. One of these days I am going to stop leaving everything til the last minute!!!

Just wanted to know what sunscreens everyone is using on their babies????? The new house has a pool - so excited about that!

I'll bbl to catch up and do a proper post.

Raels xo
    Last edited by razzle; January 7th, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

lol Nicky don't apologize. I'm glad someone has the energy for it!

Raels, I use one called Natural UV or something similar that I got from the health section of a super size chemist recommended by the naturapath who works there as suitable for babies. I think it's zinc based but is invisible. It was expensive, I think about $13 for a small tube.

Hi girls,

well the wedding was beautiful! The rain stayed away - actually it was a little hot - but that is better than it being wet. My neice looked gorgeous and she had a great day.

Sacha - thanks, I will look around for the sunscreen. The avocado is great isn't it? Oliver loves it as well. Lexxen is nine in a couple of weeks and he still moves around in his bed!!! Sometimes I will go in to his room and he will be upside down, sideways and a few times I have found him on the floor!! That's probably just him though. He is awful to share a bed with!!

HAPPY SIX MONTHS TO OLIVIA!!!

Flossie - what a clever girl you have to be trying to crawl!

Tracey - hope everything has gone well for you tonight! I think when I go back to work I will do nights as well.

Rebecca - hope today went well for you too. I hope you are both coping!

Jemima - Oliver is so nosy too! I can't have his big brother anywhere near us during a feed cause he just wants to look at him and giggle! I was a bit worried about the short feeds a couple of weeks ago but that passed. He seemed to be drinking really fast and more often.

Nicky - glad someones getting some! lol

Well today Oliver has been sick. I thought it was just his teeth playing up because he was not himself this morning, but then around lunch time he started throwing up has the runs also. Poor baby. Had a bit of a temp earlier tonight so I gave him some panadol but he gagged on it and threw up all his dinner - he still has a good appetite so not all bad. He's sleeping now so will see how he goes overnight. I feel sorry for him. Was just speaking to a friend who we visited yesterday and she has the same thing. Poor thing is pregnant and still suffering morning sickness so hope it's only a 24 hour thing.

We pick up the keys for the new house on Wednesday and will slowly move in over the next week. The lease on this place isn't up for another 10 days so plenty of time. Still have heaps of packing to do though, then the cleaning!! Argh, I wanted to pay someone to do it but DF won't let me. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just so hard with Oliver cause I can't really get him babysat as I find it hard to express and he won't drink out of a bottle anyway.

Thats enough whining from me! Better get back to it.....

Hope you are all well and those gorgeous babies are being good for their mummies.

Raels.

Hi all,

Raels, I use toddler invisable zinc, as I could use it from 3 months up, so until that runs out that's what we use.

Tracey, I hope your first night has gone well, I say go for the dream feed. Xavier was so tired tonight that he couldn't hold out until he was hungry and fell asleep in my arms, so I ended up dream feeding at 9.30 and it was fantastic to have my beautiful boy to cuddle.

We both coped ok today, I got all sooky again. Well I am tired too, yet I don't have anyone to fall asleep in the arms of as it's too hot for nathan. Backto work tomorrow.

I SURVIVED!!!!

I got home at 12:20, had a acup of Cammomile tea & read a few pages of a book (something I havent had a chance to do for freaking years!) then crashed, I didnt fdream feed thoiugh & Zy woke at 5am, so I fed him & in 10mins was back in bed myself, but I had to express this morning the other breast & just got 250ml from 1 boob, so that's plenty for tonight!
    But I think I will dream feed tonight whislt having my cuppa in bed! He is still asleep, but Indah woke at 7:30am & hopped in bed with me but wouldnt sleep so I got up, will get organised & take them to the park or whatever, to wear her out & hopefully get a 2hour nap in this arvo!
    But it went Ok & I feel blessed I can be home with my kids & earn $$$'s we got a pay rise $25pw whislt iw as onm mat leave (YAY) plusthey are working over the Aust Day weekend so I might do an extra day or 2, while it's being offered!
    We have a goal to move back to Bali in 7-10yrs so I wanna make the dream a reality sooner rather than later!!! So the extra $$'s will help!!

YAY Bec that your work was Ok too!!!

Indah was screaming when I left for work, but Dh said it was all OK!

Hi ladies

I am back! I havent posted here for a few weeks but have had a read over the last few days. I really just needed to take the time to heal and be surrounded by family. We didnt want anything major happening so it was just a very quiet morning here christmas day, Oh besides the fact that ethan was teething and grumpy LOL!

Im am very happy to say that also i will be cancelling our sleep school visit this month as over the last few weeks i have been trying everything and finally i can say my sons a sleeper He has 2 day sleeps now, mid morning and mid afternoon for about 30 - 45 mins, then goes to bed around 8pm then gets up at 9.30pm has another feed and then sleeps from 11pm through till 5am and has a feed and asleep from 5.30am till 9ish!! YAY. Ethan has solids for lunch and dinner. But he didnt go to sleep until a bit later this morning so is asleep now.

Oh our house has SOLD!! We pulled out of the contract on the house we put an offer on as the building report showed 30 thousand dollars worth of hidden damage that needed fixing before we could move in. We should find out early next week if finance is approved for the house we now have an offer on, i love it

Thanks ladies for all your thoughts and kind words after my m/c, it really helped me to get through the worst days

I must go now as Dh is due home tonight (he has been away since boxing day) and he would like me too cook him a roast! So heaps to do. Hope you all had a great christmas and new year.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast