Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #23

Lis, that is so cute about the medal! Sounds like Olivia is speedy with her walker, I'm sure she'll be walking before you know it.

Em. I have one of those too lately. I give up trying to work out what it is. Is it too late for a refund? LOL

Hi Jess, sending you some energy vibes. I don't have many myself, but I think you definitely need them more!

Hi Raels, hi Mel. Hope all is good with you.

Jas, I think Autie was encouraged to walk by watching her cousin (20m) In fact, the first time she took off on her own it was to walk to Evie who actually did quite a good job of catching her, surprisingly.

Jan, it would be nice if we could all get together wouldn't it? Put some faces to the names

Sarah, how did Chloe's appointment go? Not sure about the toothpaste ingredients, but the internet knows everything so maybe a google would help.

Rebecca, how are your holidays going? You must really be enjoying having some time to yourself a little. I'm glad you mentioned the rubella shots. My levels were low with autie so I'd better do something about that before I try for No.2 also.

We got autie a clamshell sandpit today and she was most impressed. She spent ages experimenting with ways to bring a formula scoop and sand together And she is sooo happy now she can wander around the yard watching Dan work and finding sticks to carry around. I will be happier when we have new turf down though, and get rid of the green ants. I'm forever saying 'stand up' when she sits to examine something 'cos I'm paranoid she'll get bitten as I have been several times. Those little buggers pack a punch!

I'm off to a check up appointment tomorrow. Has anyone else started having dark thoughts about your health since becoming a mum? I find myself thinking 'what if something happened to me?' Maybe I've just got a case of the morbids LOL

Anyhow, Hi to everyone else and have a warm fuzzy friday.

And how come we're up to page 12?

They're letting the threads go for longer these days. About double the length if memory serves me correctly.

Sorry, not really posting, just lurking tonight...hi to everyone though.

Good mornign girls
    Just popping in quickly before Bayleigh and i head up to Chloe's School to watch her run her Cross country
    LOL i just asked bayleigh for a kiss and he shook his head and said KISS LOL He is now screaming at me and throwing his leapfrog fridge mate around.... All becoz his mother asked for a kiss..
    I have just taken my first load of boxes around to the new house only another 3 loads to go for today den th i wont have any full boxes laying around here just empty ones YAY

Jan- I agree it would be Fantastic if we could all catch up... If i had lots of money i would fly all of you and your bubba's to Mildura LOL Not that there is much here but hey atleast we could all meet.. There are some pretty amazing resturants here that we could attend for tea and maybe a bottle or 10 of wine LOL I could pitch tents in my back yard for you all to sleep in LOL Now all i have to do is win Lotto and get you all here LOL

Sacha- Thanks for the info on the tooth paste i mite do a bit of googleing after i get back from watching Chloe and while B Boy is down for his snooze...

Well took chloe to her Paeds appt on wednesday and he has suggested we try her on Ritalin for 8 weeks and see if it makes a difference.... I asked him if there was anything else i can try besides the medication and he said this is my last resort as i have tried natural medication diet changes and so on. so i walked out of there and rang my mum and burst into tears i really didnt want to put her on medication and my mum is in the same mind as me and she said well maybe you have to think about putting her on it now as you have tried otherthings and nothing has made a difference... so when chris got home we talked and he said we should just try it for the 8 weeks and see how chloe goes and if she is better in herself then maybe we should think about it as an ongoing thing...
    I asked the Dr if she had to have it 7 days aweek and he said no so i can give it to her just 5 days a week and let her have the weekend off medication and also thro school holidays she doesnt have to be on it unless we are goin somewhere where she needs to be calm and so on...
    Im still abit funny about it so i havent got the script filled.. its so hard to decided.... Everyone has pointed out that it is goin to help her (if it works) As she does get very frustrated when she cant sit and concerntrate on things that she likes to do... I went and spoke to her teacher yest morning and she understands that im abit hestitant(sp) and she stand behind me with wat ever decision i make... She has been fantastic for the last 18 mths she has suggested that we get some paper work and request an aid for chloe fulltime as this is the only way she can get chloe to sit and complete work btu she doesnt think we will be able to get one becoz chloe is such a smart girl she just cant sit still and concerntrate on the task at hand....

Anyway i have ranbled on enough must go and change a VERY smelly nappy...

Hello to everyone

Ill be back later

Sarah

Hey Everyone!!

I am in for my weekly post. I seem to only get in here once a week now, a lot different to the every day that it used to be

We've had some major dramas here this week. It all started Monday morning when I went to get Avaleigh for a feed at 5am. I walked past our huge fish tank and stepped in a puddle on the floor!! Turned out that the silicon on the tank wasnt done properly so it started leaking out on to the floor. So Jason needed to stay home and get everything out of the tank and in to our other one. Now we have got to take it down to the guy that built it for us so he can pull it all apart and rebuild it for us. So now we have got to make the decision on whether to start all over again or sell it. If we sell it we could get $15,000 for it but need someone to buy it first!! I then did a sneaky on Jason and spoke to someone about getting our house refinanced, he basically said it can be done but wouldnt be worth it if we are going to move in the next 1-2 years. And we want to move but where we want to move to we cant afford. So we have really got to sit down and think about what to do. So many decisions!! I would like to move in to a bigger house so we could start TTC again..

My friend had her baby yesterday!!! She ended up having the c-section and all went well. I am hoping to go in and see them today if they are up for visitors. I cant wait to see a newborn again - I am sure its going to get me clucky!!

Well I gotta go and get Avaleigh some lunch so we can then go out for a walk. Hopefully BBL to do some personals..

Sarah - LOL at Bayleigh, he sounds like such a cheeky adorable boy!! The only way we get Olivia to kiss us is if we kiss each other then she kisses up with open month - sometimes the tounge comes out...heheh so cute!
    Re: the medication for Chloe, I would be the same way about medication with a small child. Have you looked at any natural medication? I am not to familiar with it all but maybe a natropath knows a bit more? That is great that her teacher is so understanding. I hope everything works out ok for you know when you make the decision as it will be the right one for you baby
    Hope the move goes smoothly! I can't wait to move into a new house, hope to sell up soon and start looking. I went to the shops today and saw a new show ADAIRS FOR KIDS OMG I can go crazy....there were teriffic butterfly bed spreads in there! We will get Olivia a king size single so I think I will put one on layby - just as soon as I get the 3 other laybys for Olivia off!! hahaha

V - that sucks about the tank. Did they guy make it probably? is it his fault?

Other than that Olivia seems to be getting a little more confident with her feet. She was standing up banging on the coffee table today and took her hands off and was standing, I couldn't quite make out if her tummy was resting on the table, but I think she was standing for a second. I think by 15 months we should have a walker....I hope so, she will be SO cute walking around in her cute summer wardrobe I have just waiting for her to wear

Well must go, hubby is giving me a massage in a minute, my back is so sore. So happy, he is home ALL weekend, no working whoo hoo!!!

Have a good night all!
    Luv Lis xx

Lis - The tank builder is blaming his glass supplier for it!! reckons that they didnt clean it properly before giving it to him to build it. So he is going to build it all for free plus give us 10 bags of sand cause we had to dump it all YAY for Olivia getting more confident on her feet, dont worry, in her own time she will start walking.

Sarah - good luck with your decision. It must be a hard one.. Like you said, you could always just put her on a trial and see how she goes.

I'm all alone at home tonight!! Jason has gone out to have drinks with the dad of my GF's bub and Avaleigh is fast asleep. I still got a few chores to do tonight but cant be bothered...

Oh that is good! At least you don't have to pay for it all again!

Well today Olivia was pushing her walker and I had to pick her up to change her bum so I said "up up" and she took both hands off and stood there for a few seconds!! Then I tried to do it again and she wouldn't do it LOL. I would say by 15 months she will be walking. I know its harder when they walk, more work for us but I think it will be so cute!!!

ok im in here just quickly Im buggered after a very very busy weekend... Picked Rya up yesterday for his "sleepover" Weekend and it was his birthday so we bropught him home and gave him his pressies and den we had to go to a frieds lil girls 5th b/day party so we went there then we went home for half an hour den went out for tea with a few friends and B Boy wasnt himself and had a fever so we brought him home and he just screamed for the 20 mins drive home gave him some panadol and he perked up abit then... Then today we had everyone here for Ryans Birthday BBQ lunch.. I made his cake which he thought was FANTASTIC it was a hit with everyone.. I was actually pretty proud of myself.. I dont normally like the things i make but i like this one LOL i have heaps of pics on my Facebook Page.. i tried to uplaod them on here but teh file is wayyyyyy to big so i couldnt do it......

Bayleigh had another fever today and has been soooooooo grumpy and just screaming at everyone that goes ear him and gives them the death stare... Im hoping its just his teeth as he has had very red and dry cheeks for a couple of days now..
    Also i bit the bullet and got chloe's script filled and gave her a trail run today so i could see how it effects her.. Dr told me to give her half a tab but i only have her quater as she is only 20kg ad is underweight for a 8yr old, It didnt seem to make much of a difference so i think i will give her half tomorrow ad talk to her teacher in the morning....

V- Hows the fish tank situation going? What a royal Pai in the A$$....
    Lis- We have tried Fish oils and a few diff types of fish oil Products diet changes and so on so really i guess the Dr is right in say we really only have this option left.... We will see how it goes i guess, Still very Iffie bout the tabs but ill do a bit more research ad so on in the next few weeks
    Olivia will be walking in no time and when she is you will want her to stop LOL nah its very cute when they are walking everywhere....

Well im goin to go to bed
    Sorry post is mostly about me me me

Sarah

Hi all,

How was everyones weekend? Ours was good, we took the boat out yesterday. Didn't do any fishing, just cruised the river for a while then stopped at this lovely little camping spot for a picnic. Oliver was not too keen on the sand at first but was happy to explore after a little while.

Last night in the bath I decided to have a feel in his mouth, much to his disgust! Well I discovered he has cut one of his molars, so that's 9 teeth now. He must have the other one coming on the other side too because he is knawing away at everything atm. Not sure if he cut it with the last two teeth but I think this was probably the case because he was quite cranky then!!

As for walking, he isn't! He runs around the back yard behind his push toy and stands for ages on his own but apart from a few steps towards one of us, he really doesn't seem that interested. I said I didn't want him walking until the soccer season was over and the last game was on Saturday so feel free Oliver!!

Sarah - good luck with the medication. Must have been a tough decision to make but sometimes we just need to do something hey!! We have had some success with DS1 and the Failsafe Diet but we still have a long way to go. Speaking of which I better take him to school!!

Have a great day all.

HI all,

Floss I don't think you have anything to worry about with walking yet, diff kids take diff amounts of time to do things. Xavier is very similar in that he cracks it if I try to hold his hands. but a month ago he couldn't walk behind anything either and now he can, so I'm sure all bubs walk at their own pace. In saying that xavier isn'[t walking yet, that hasn't stoped him climbing. With milk, I am in the process of weaning xavier and he has taken to cows milk like a duck to water. I have tried to give it to him in a cup and he won't take it warm at all, and cold he will only have a few sips. So I gave it to him warmes in a bottle the other day and he sucked it down. I'll only be offering a warm bottle of milk at his midday feed time, am hoping he will wean himself off the other two feeds. We have a medal from paul sadler.
    It would be nice to have walking by summer, just think how hot and frustrated they will get if they can't walk around.

Sarah, i'm back at work next week, I haven't done as much spring cleaning as I should have by now, instead I have been very naughty going shopping. Although I have already spent more money than I should have I have at least tried to justify it by putting these things aside for presents, lol I think i've finished my christmas shopping for all the kids!!

Jan, Ha Ha well if it's good or bad for you not sure, AF arrived back today, but I guess it had to at some stage, I was hoping for an even 2 years But I knew it was coming, Kinda glad it has happened while I'm on holidays, 'cause I used to have some shockers, so at least I don't have to go anywhere if I feel like crap

Jess, take care. My dad and his partner were asking the so when's the next one question yesterday, and trying to tell me it's good tohave them all close together and get all the nappies etc out of the way, but I couldn't do it, I don't know how you guys do, I'm exhausted now!! let alone having 2 young bubs.

Aw em, you poor thing, probably is teeth, xaviers jaw gets stronger when he has teeth coming through, hates it when i put my fingers in there. We have been getting 12 mointh molers recently

Sacha, it too late for a refund once you cut the tag off after you bring them home I think besides I wouldn't like to see them try and put it back you could ask if they will exchange??

Sarah, From what you have said I am sure that whatever decision you make about the ritalin for chloe will be the bet option. It sounds to me like you have given this some considerable thought. I'm sure you will make the right choice.

Us, as I said above, Xavier isn't walking either, easily cruising furniture etc and trying to climb on everything. but way too lazy to hold mums hand and walk, and why walk to mum when he can throw his arms in the air and carck it if I don't pick him up.
    But he is chatting away something fierce this week. lots of babbling. He got a little couch for his birthday and he loves it. crawls to it in a flash and sits there, watched the tv, happily sat and drank his milk on it yesterday.
    He has cut one of his 12mt molers and I can feel the other one close to arriving on the other side, this might make it easier to chew.

I have been a bit naughty in the last week buying things, I joined a newsletter of an online baby shop a couple of months ago and they sent me a 20% off boucher so I loged on to see what they had picked a couple of things out, realised I would get free postage if i spent $150 so I did .

I have done very little of the cleaning i'm supposed to be doing. but I did clean the kitchen lots. It was getting so cluttered. These days we just seem to be accumulating stuff all the time. in the space of 24 hours the house can go from tidy to stuff everywhere. and so much iof it is coming from outside, not just things being spread around, new things, catalogues, things from work. I can't wait to have a bigger house.

Take care all, I'll try and come back before the end of the week. Hoping I can start coming in a bit more often.

Enchanted Guest

Hey everyone

Just quickly popping my head in... things are frantic here at the moment trying to get everything packed and organised!! I will be back later this arvo for personals. Have a great day ladies

Ha Ha,

My naughty on line purchase has just arrived. The lady who runs the site/business is actually local to me, so instead of posting she droped it off while driving past.

Woo Hoo I have things to play with now!!

HEy everyone!

I am going to go and meet my friends baby girl today. I am soooooooooooooooo excited I wonder if I am going to get all clucky like??!!

Another molar!! We are half way there!! 10 down, 10 to go.....

Nice to hear you glass is half full raels

V, I think you might already be clucky

Hi all,

Is there any other bubs having only the 1 sleep a day? If so, PLEASE answer my questions

What time do they get up in the morning?
    What time do you have lunch, then go to sleep?
    How long they sleep?
    What time is bed time?

I think Olivia is now in the 1 sleep a day category. For the past few weeks she just won't sleep in the afternoon. Today she has only had 45 mins ALL DAY!!! I put her down in the afternoon and she just talking for 1 whole hour in her cot!!!

This middle of the day sleep is going to be a pain and a bit to adjust, no more lunch dates

Sorry, its a me post but I am exhuasted, only have 45 mins to myself today and DH working so damn late most nights.

Hope everyone is well.
    Lis xxx

Hey Lis,
    My two go something like this.

Wake Approx 7am
    Lunch 11am
    Jack Sleep 12noon normally between 1-2 hours
    Charlize Sleep1-2pm normally approx. 2 hours
    Dinner 5pm
    Bath 6pm
    Jack Sleep 6:30pm
    Charlize Sleep 7:30pm

This works really well for me, but can change if we spend the day out, where they normally nap in the car and sometimes transfer into bed when I get home, but not often.

HTH

Thanks to everyone who has been thinking of me lately. Sorry that I haven't been on here much, but I have, I real all the time, just don't have the energy or the time to sit and type. I'm so sick of nasty viruses, that keep attacking my little babies. They have been pretty much sick this whole winter, I think it's cause they go to creche while I'm at the gym and we spend a lot of time with a GF who's boy goes to daycare. It's so exhausting. Jack has had another dash to the hospital in an ambulance as well which wasn't fun. He was the luckiest boy alive that day, we were so grateful that he was fine. We had a scare with a dish washing tablet, that he found unused in the dishwasher that wasn't locked. Long story short, we spent the night in hospital, and they seemed to think that the fact the tablet had been through a cycle is what saved him. Otherwise it could have been very serious. He is a little bugger, if there is trouble to be found he will find it.

I also have a lot going on with my sister her divorce and also some personal issues. But hopefully spring will bring happy babies and a happy mummy, I'm sure it will

Sorry for the vent and selfish post, just thought I'd update, as a few of you have been asking and I'm so very grateful for that, to be honest, coming on here and reading up what you have all been doing, has been keeping me sane, so double thank you.

Will try and be back more often to catch up.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast