Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #9

Veronica - exactly what Mel said! ha ha. Oliver was definately showing interest and like Mel's son he was waking up at night, 2 - 3, sometimes even four times instead of his usual 1! I only give him organic rice cereal, mixed with my milk, once a day. He has this around 5 o'clock before his night time bath. Only 2 teaspoons and I make it really runny. He always wants more but I don't let him, I just pop him on the breast so he isn't replacing his milk for food. I'll keep going like this for another few weeks I think and then might introduce some fruit. I have heard that too about the food allergies but don't know much about it. And they are recommending that babies aren't given anything but breastmilk or formula for the first six months because they might not be able to digest it well. But every baby is different. I fed my first son at four months also, but then everyone I knew did as well. It was like the norm, you just did it. You wouldn't think so but lots of things have changed in eight years. I remember when I was being taught how to breastfeed then, I was told to feed on ten minutes each side, every feed and thats it! Anyway, you will know when Avaleigh is ready. Good on you for getting into shape by the way, I wish I could get motivated........

Mel - I was hoping Karl would get through, I think he has a sexy voice. I think Matt will win though - lots of teenage girls will be voting for him. I checked out your site - you have a beautiful family.

Jan - that's a scary thought about having all those girls hanging around!!!!

What's everyone getting there bub's for xmas? I need some practical ideas so I don't go overboard.

Avaleigh isnt waking during the night or anything like that. She is awake most of the time when we are having dinner so I pop her in her highchair and she sits at the table with us and watches what we are doing. I think I will hold off for a little while longer until her next shots and talk to my doctor about it, but I dont think he would have a problem. I cant believe how quickly she is growing up with this talk about solids!

Raels - haha I am fully motivated! Ask as the girls on here, I dont stop for a second! Well I only stop when I go to sleep. Nah I'm not that bad.. I normally have a pretty relaxing time between 12pm and 4pm.

Mel - I pretty much need to try and keep his dreads tidy. I tie little bands on the roots and every few months I take the old bands out and put new ones on cause the hair has grown. Im meant to try and get the loose hair in to the dreads, but havent worked that one out yet!! Hmm, what am I going to do with my hair??? I am not too sure!! My mum says to have my hair up but I absolutely HATE my ears so I want them covered, so I was thinking of having most of it tied back some how and then some loose curls coming out. Not totally sure!! Got my hair trial in a few weeks time.

Oh and I have no idea what to get Avaleigh for christmas!! I was thinking some clothes or maybe some new toys?? I would love some ideas! I cannot wait to get the christmas tree up this year!! I am sooooooo excited about it, so excited that I would love to put up the tree on the first weekend on December! I've got all new christmas decorations -YAY!!!

How good is this? Jason's dad is flying over from NZ for the wedding. We really didnt think he was going to come over but we got a call the other day and he is coming for 4 days. He is staying with us as well. Its going to be a little weird cause I have never met the man and I think its been maybe 15 years since Jason has seen him!!

Oh and Jason doesnt think that they will be getting a stripper for his bucks weekend. Cause they are going 4 hours down south it will probably cost too much to get one down there. So YAY and I guess I was overreacting for nothing! But still, if they do get one, I dont really care any more..

Anyway, I'm off to bed!! I promised Jason to DTD again tonight.. I've turned in to a little sex kitten this week (LOL!!!!) which is very unlike me...

Hi Ladies

Grrr! I am so over this bug/flu..its driving me mad, and DH left again this morning, and as its been sooo hot again Ethan has just been a grouch all day and all i have wanted to do is sleep, sleep, sleep! but being just me and ethan it was not possible, now i cant sleep cos im all congested and frustrated Phew got that out of the way!! Sorry, excuse that outburst, lol.

Em/Megan/Raels- Your little bubba's are just so gorgeous!!

Veronica- Glad you have the 'Stripper thing' sorted. I would feel the same way though, luckily for me DH is not into strippers and asked the boys not to organise one as he has his own stripper and nope he's not sharing!!Lol! Im so excited for you getting to try your dress again, cant wait to see the photos, you will look just beautiful. congrats on the weight loss Where abouts down south is jason going for his bucks weekend? Im 3hrs south from perth.

Raels- I too am worried about going overboard for xmas!! I think we are getting him a bounce baby thing that he can sit in and it spins and bounces and lights up and sings. And a mobile for his cot as his one broke! and hopefully we dont go getting much more but i can see it happening! Poor little man having his needles, I hope the Temp stays away this time.

Mel- You poor thing having to worry about your op! Good luck and im sure you will cope wonderfully afterwards How cute at you and charlize being on the TV! YES im happy with the final 2 also, I would like to see Natalie win it, but wouldn't be upset if she didnt IYKWIM cos i like both of them.

Well yesterday i went and had my eye's re-tested, i haven't been back since i first got my glasses, oop's! and back then i just had a slight Astigma(vision is blurred by an irregularly shaped cornea) which has now gotten worse and i now have myopia(short sighted), the optometrist said "do you ever get called a blind bat?" "Yes, sometimes i said" and he said "well im not suprised"!! I must say i walked out of there a little embarrassed and with a $600 Bill!! I will make sure i keep my regular visits up to date!

Today we had the real estate agent come evaluate our house and....Its on the market!!! and we put an offer in on the other house!! YAY although its a waiting game now as apparently the market has died down a bit and our offer on the other place is pending finance, property inspection and sale of our place, so hopefully when the finance goes through, some one will snavel our place up and we can get us a new home Now just the fun and games of people traipsing in and out of the house!

Well i have no plans tomorrow so hopefully, its a little cooler and ethan is happier, and we will just spend the day relaxing together at home. Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow.

Im going to try get some sleep! BBL

Oh, this will probably sound daft but...did/does anyone have problems trying to get the hang of facebook? i signed up but gee im finding it confusing LOL! maybe im still suffering from the 'baby brain'!!
    Last edited by tears_of_joy; November 13th, 2007 at 11:05 PM.

Hi everyone - thanks for all of your kind comments about Tom. Raels and Megan - you both have gorgeous bubbas as well. I think this July group should be renamed the group of beautiful babies.

Veronica - i am super excited about xmas this year too. We didnt even have a tree last year because i was so sick with morning/all day sickness, and i brought DH's presents on Christmas eve from Target and they were so crap, but i was too sick to care - so this year i am going to go all out. I even brought all new decorations - having aqua blue and silver in honour of having a boy. We were out walking the other afternoon and the house down the road that always decorates their house and garden with the best christmas display were out the front putting up their blow up santas and stuff. I dont think Tom will be too interested in it this year, but i am!! In regards to presents, i am not sure what to get. I did buy a heap of clothes for him the other day to put in his santa sack, but then i realised that if i wrap them all up, its just me that will have to unwrap them so i might not bother with that. We are going to get Tom his first Tonka truck but have no idea what else. He will get soooooo much stuff from relatives etc.

TOJ - good luck with the house and hope you are feeling better, you poor thing. I think my sister is buying Tom the present that you have got for Ethan - is it the Bounce Bounce Activity centre? It looks like fun. Tom hates the heat too - he just falls to pieces although you would have it worse than us - you are in the middle of a heat wave at the moment arent you?

Well, we are just hoping to have a nice quiet day at home today. Tom has his needles tonight (boo hoo). It was a very busy day yesterday, with mums group and 4 month check up. Got into trouble off my MCHN for using sunscreen on Tom. She asked me about sun protection and then said i shouldnt be using it. Oh well, i think she just likes to pick on atleast one thing you do every session!
    I had a doctors app yesterday because i found a lump in my breast over the weekend. I have to go and get an ultrasound done but it is looking like it is a 'lactation cyst' which is probably caused from stopping breast feeding. If it is that, it will have to be drained with a needle. He put my mind at ease over it being anything worse, as the lump appeared suddenly and is quite painful, which is the symptoms of lactation cyst.
    Mel - good luck with your operation!! We will all be thinking of you xx

Better go - my lazy baby is finally awake!

Hey there!

RE: solids and allergies - I think what I have read is that solids won't actually cause the allergies themselves, BUT if you are predisposed to allergies, starting solids early could exacerbate them. So I guess some people choose to wait, because how do you know whether your child might have a predisposition? In my case, I am asthmatic, and had some mild food allergies as a child, meaning that Amelie is more likely to have allergies too. So I will be putting off solids until I absolutely have to give them!

OK, Christmas presents! Very exciting! I am going to get Amelie a little gold padlock bracelet. I had one when I was a baby and still have it in my jewellery box- it's so gorgeous! I'm not sure how easy they are to find in jewellery shops, though, might have to start looking soon. I will also be asking rellies for lots of books, as I'm getting tired of the ones we have already.

Just thought I'd share with you my weight loss (I'm a bit proud of it!!)- I'm actually below my pre-pregnancy weight- YAY! All I have been doing is a little walking and lots of breastfeeding LOL!! My little chubba bubba has taken it all off me- wish I could lose weight that easily normally!

mrsdaisy - did your MCHN say why you shouldn't be using sunscreen? I have used it once on Amelie- as we were going to the beach and was planning to go again this week as it's so stinking hot! I will be going in the evening though. Amelie didn't have any reaction, but is there something long term that I'm missing?

Well, I'm off to decorate my meringues that I've made for mothers group this morning! Catch you soon!

Star - she said that the babies absorb it thru their skin and it can have stuff in it thats not good for them.. I used the baby sunscreen and figure they wouldnt be able to sell it if it was harmful. We arent going to sit at home all summer so i would prefer to use something on him, rather than just a hat. He hasnt come up in any rashes or anything. I think she is just one of those ones that likes to have a bit of a whinge about at least one thing that you do each session .

Good Morning!!

Well im feeling a little 'not here' today as ethan, in the last week or so, will not wake after 11pm until about 4am but lastnight it was 1.30am, 2am, 4am and 7.30am and has just gone back to sleep! Strangely im not feeling so tired as i was going straight back to sleep, usually it takes me about 30mins or more!

The weather here is crazy atm, when i got up at 2am it was so hot, my house was like a sauna, im used to having to put my dressing gown on at that time of the morning.

Star- Welldone on the weight loss Thats great. I haven't got on the scales in about 2 months so i really wouldn't know where im at. The bracelet sounds gorgeous, my sister got her little girl a baby charm bracelet, its lovely.

Em- Im very excited about christmas too this year and i want to go all out but dh isn't so keen He said Ethan will probably enjoy it more next year! Our christmas tree went in the rubbish last year, and dh said we dont need one until ethans older! Im thinking i might just sneak out and get one and decorate it while dh is working lol! Yes, i think it is called 'bounce bounce activity centre'. Having a bit of a heat wave unfortunately, monday it was 40 degrees!! Its supposed to be cooler today though, i hope.

Ok im going to go get some breakfast now!
    BBL

Morning Everyone!!

Em - I have used the baby suncream on Avaleigh and also told the CHN about it and she didnt have a problem. Avaleigh did come up in a rash tho!!! So I wont be using it again I dont think. I looked in the shop to see if they have anything else and they dont!

Star - that is a great idea with the gift for Amelie! Somethng that she can keep forever..

I was thinking about CHristmas again this morning and thinking about last christmas where I was sooo sick I didnt eat any of my mum's yummy christmas food!! So I am going to make the most of it this year!!

I've been putting down on a calender all the things I need to do before the wedding. I'm going to be a busy girl!! I am definitely going to need a break after it all!

Well gotta run - I hear Avaleigh awake for her next feed.

Good morning everyone,

Well Oliver ended up getting a temp. He kept stirring all night, not waking, just sort of whimpering. I feel sorry for him. He's gone back to sleep already this morning though so hopefully he'll be ok when he wakes up.

Veronica - glad you're feeling better about the bucks thing, and sounds like you've got nothing to worry about anyway - you've got no problems pleasing your man! ha ha....That's really nice about your DF dad. My DF just got in contact with his dad after nine years so it should be interesting when we all meet up.

TOJ - hope you're feeling better today. There's nothing worse than being sick when you have to look after a baby, especially when you're on your own. I like the sound of bouncy/light thing, probably something that they wouldn't outgrow too fast either. Oh and facebook - I did find it a bit confusing at first but got it sorted now. I got on there thinking I would find heaps of people but so far I have only found four!

Em - Ouch about your breasts. I think I had something similar with my first son. I was still bf when I found about 5 lumps in each breast, think they might have been blocked ducts. I gave up soon after though and they stuck around so I had an ultrasound. They eventually went away, I didn't get them drained or anything. Good luck with it. And good luck with Tom's needles tonight.

I'm totally excited about xmas too!!!! Last year I got out of hospital (bloody morning sickness) only four days before. My DF had been in charge of getting all Lexxen's gifts so that was all sorted but I just felt like dirt and couldn't even get into it and play with him. Not to mention, on xmas eve morning, DF announces that his brothers were on there way to stay for a few days!!! So of course being the person that I am I felt like I had to scrub the house, and stock the fridge with the works. It was horrible. So this year is going to be awesome. The brothers are coming again and so is MIL. Most of all I'm looking forward to spending the day with my kids, just playing and being silly!! Oh and not to mention the food!!

Star - good on you for the weight loss. Breastfeeding certainly does help! I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight but I'd put on a bit in the 12 months of trying to conceive. I kept telling myself not to worry cause I'd be pregnant soon anyway. Backfired....might start walking too. Oliver would love it as well.

Well I'm off to clean while my little man is sleeping. Hope you all have a wonderful day and all those beautiful babies are being good for their mummies.

I am hopeless... Tom has been asleep for nearly two hours now and instead of cleaning etc, i have been on this computer looking up all the toy sale catalogues for his xmas presents, and picking out photos to put on the gallery. Too many toys to choose between and have limited myself to one more photo on the gallery. Now off to do a quick clean!!!

** Just noticed on the Target catalogue that if you buy two fisher price toys, you can get a third for 1 cent.. Might be good for xmas presents!
    Last edited by mrscricket; November 14th, 2007 at 11:16 AM.

Wow you guys are getting really talkative.

Raels, that is so true, I don't think many strippers are all that much chop in the face department. Oliver is very cute. A serious baby? Xavier hides his smiles when cameras come out to play. For Xmas Xavier is getting from us one of those fisher price activity thingo's with the door and all the stuff to do (not the one that was re-called). I figure he can play with that for a while and I got it for 1/2 price back in june. He will be younger than the recommended age, but he'll grow into it. Going overboard is what grandparents are for. When we were young my mum didn't have much money so she stuck with one simple rule of 1 toy from santa and she would give us clothes and maybe something little from her.

Mrs Daisy, what a little cutie pie you have.

Megan glad the needles weren't too traumatic, what a clever little man you have sitting up, great pics

happy 4 months Amelie!!

Feeding?? I was told by a friend that a couple of years ago they still used to say 4 months for starting solids, MCHN told me that they really have only changed it to 6 months because some babies are more sensitive than others so it safer for the majority iykwim.

V I would hold off on the solids at least until 4 months. It's not just allergies they can get, but also the food doesn't sit well in the tummy it can 'cause scaring and lead to easily upset tummy problems later in life. I've recently found out that MIL gave nathan jelly when he was only 6 weeks old, and well I think that explains why he gets the runs sooo easily.

Sun screen, I am using one called invisible zinc in toddler strength I showed my MCHN before I started using it and she said it would probably be a really good one, as it's 100% zinc, and it is a barrier cream, not a bunch of chemicals that absorb into the skin. Don't be scared off though as it's not your classic zinc that we all remember, it almost rubs completely in only a slight white film. Apparently it is good from 3 months old. I found it in my local pharmacy (ufs dispensary). Xavier is wearing shorts and t shirts lots and I use it more for the incidental sun that we can't avoid on legs and arms.

Jessikah, did you tell the optometrist you had recently had a baby. pregnancy degrades your vision. I deliberately waited until after Xave was born to get mine re-done. $600 ouch.

Belinda, I think those bracelets you are talking about you should be able to get just about at any good jeweler. I still have mine too. I think mine was silver though, and I think they are quite often a popular christening gift so you should have no probs.
    Yay on your weight loss, how good do you feel going into summer weighing less than last year??

I am looking forward to this xmas, and I don't care if Xavier has no idea what is going on, isn't the first xmas with a new bub for mum and dad anyway. I say go nuts, as you will feel great and it's one of the only times you will be able to and they won't remember and demand it next year
    RE toys, me personally I'm a wooden toy junkie and there are so many cool ones out there at the moment they are becoming really trendy. I also would love to teach my family the quality over quantity rule.
    My dads partner has this crazy idea that little kids love opening lots of little presents so buys my niece lots of little crap! Not only does my sis end up with a lot of crap that breaks easy, but also my niece thinks that she's supposed to get a big sack of presents.
    So now my mission is to start teaching them that one gift is plenty, and i'm telling you now if I have to I will be throwing the crap out.

Hi Everyone
    DH came home Tuesday and it's so much harder to keep up but I have been reading, just not replying. Anyway, forgive me for not directing things at specific people this time round please

Sunscreen: I was told not to use sunscreen either due to nasties in it, but living on the Gold Coast how could I not? I use one called UV natural baby and it's zinc based, quite expensive and I found it in a large chemist that has a huge natural section. While I'm on the subject, I also found an insect repellant - Cherub Rubs Scatterbugs - it's also all natural and smells really good, obviously would not work to the same degree as one with DEET in it, but I've found it quite good.

Christmas presents: I can't stop! I told DH we would only get two things because she wouldn't know and would be getting spoilt by relatives anyway - that went way out the window! I've actually bought presents for my niece and nephew (11m) and decided I had to keep them for Autumn - so bad. What I really need for her to have is the activity chair so I can shower and go to the toilet once she's crawling, but I've also gotten her a few things that have a cause and effect type action eg. put the ball here and it pops up there/slides down here, etc. IYKWIM - things they can do themselves, especially when they can sit. Pegboards where you pound the pegs in, books that have texture, simple stacking blocks, puppets are all good. There's big changes in abilities between 6 and 12m too, so that's my excuse to spend up! Sorry it's the kindy teacher coming out in me, I'll shut up now

Weight - too depressing to think about as far as I'm concerned. for everyone who has the motivation!

Gotta go rescue Autie before she 'accidently' gets a taste of DH's beer !

Hi all

a very quick post coming up as we have been soooo busy and I still have a hundred things to do tonight!!

Mel - I just wanted to say good luck for your operation tomorrow. I am sure things will go really really well. Take it easy - or at least try to LOL!

Charlotte has her needles tomorrow but I am more worried about the fact I have to take Oliver and Jesse with me when she is getting them done versus how she will react LOL!!

I will BBL tomorrow to try and catch up on all that has been going on.

Take care
    Jem

Thanks Jem, I think I'm gonna need all the luck I can get, coping afterwards, definately send me all our supermum vibes. In saying that though, I'm plan on trying to stay as long as I can on the couch with my foot in the air, he he he. Might as well make the most of it while I can right?

Hey out of curiosity, when you go out with the boys and Charlotte, what do you use? I mean in Jesse in a stroller, Charlotte in a harness and Oliver just walkes? I'm just wondering if I should bother with a side by side stroller. Does Jesse, walk by the stroller at all? We are far away from this yet with Charlize, as soon as we put her down, she is off, going crazy. And the moment we try to pull her back, pick her up or put her back in her stroller she has a fit, literally. She has hit the terrible two about a month ago, the arms and the legs go with the screaming, not a good look. So I don't even give her the chance now, she just goes straight from the carseat into the stroller. Probably not the best way to deal with it. So this is why I'm curious to know what you do, if you don't mind me asking of course.

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you, will probably be waiting bored for a few hours, knowing hospitals. The bummer thing is I can't eat or drink anything from mid night tonight, and my op might not be until lunch time tomorrow, eekk!@!

Anway, hope Charlotte recovers well. Take care.

Hi to everyone else, got lots to do before calling it a night, so best be off.

Lap it up while you can Mel!! Bummer on the fasting - look at it like enforced dieting LOL!!

I have a double pram that I am using and it has been a godsend cause Jesse is also a long way away from being able to walk next to the pram. I never thought I would like to use a double pram due to the size but it isnt that much wider than my single valco and both Jesse and Charlotte are really happy to go in it and on occasion even Oliver is happy to go in it. I tossed up with getting a double stroller but also wanted to be able to use it for going on longer walks hence getting a three wheeler. I have a buggy board that I attach to the back of the single valco for Oliver to use but i havent tried Jesse on it - I can only imagine how difficult it would be LOL!! Jesse also goes straight from the car seat into the pram - on occasion when I have to try and juggle all three without the pusher it is a nightmare as Jesse has no road sense and often takes off in the opposite direction. Whenever he chucks a fit I normally try to make light of it and just tell him not to be silly although if I am feeling stressed at the time I find it hard to keep my cool!! I try not to place too much emphasis on the way he is behaving - I figure that if I give attention to this type of behaviour he might continue to do it just to get a reaction from me. I have no idea if it works or not!! HTH.

Good luck again
    Jem
    XXX

Hi ladies

Sorry, selfish post from me today, as I have just had the crappiest day and need to vent.

I have been having problems at work for the past few weeks (basically I don't get along with my boss, she makes me feel like I am the most incompetent person ever, like I should just curl up and die as I can't do anything righ, etc, you get the picture). Also, she never delegates much work to me, so I am often sitting around bored. A few weeks ago I talked to her about the situation and she said that I should start looking for another job and perhaps leaving my current job by the end of the year (I am on a fixed term contract until March). During the weeks since this conversation, things have deteriorated further between us (you can read my other post in the Punching Bag forum for more details), so this morning I decided to hand in my resignation and finish up the last week of December. (I spoke to HR guy yesterday, who told me that unless there was an exceptional circumstance, I could not legally be fired/made redundant due to not enough work as I had worked more than 6 months of 12 month contract. So if I wanted to leave I could resign, but they couldn't make me go.) Well, MB (My Boss - or Mega*****) bullied me into leaving by mid-December as "it's not a good look you being here when there is no work for you to do". WTF? Lots of employees get paid out their contracts when circumstances change. I was only asking for 1-2 weeks extra pay! What kind of awful person would turf someone out just before Christmas? When offices close and getting another job at that time seems unlikely? But there you go, it's happened. DH and I have just paid off our debts this week, so there go our savings.

This evening I was bidding on a toy for Diana on eBay, and got outbid in the last 30 seconds of the auction, after being the sole bidder for the whole day. I was so upset.

I think that all this stress is causing my breastmilk to dry up. Could that happen? I don't seem to be able to extract much at all anymore, and Diana has had significantly fewer wet nappies than usual today. Hope tomorrow is better than today. I have a job interview in the afternoon, so wish me luck

Hope you're all having a lovely week and your bubbas are bringing you joy. I can't believe how much of a comfort Diana and DH have been to me today. I love them both sooo much.

Zofia,
    Sounds like you have a good relatiosnhip with HR guy tell him what the MEGA B ITCH has said & tell him it's causing you a lot of stress, upset & say that it in turn is resulting in you losing your BM... I know it might sound silly, or embarassing to do, but I'd imagine due to her making you feel worthless & forcing you out, that you should be paid out your contract, I would definately try to get what you were promised & owed!!!

Sorry just popping in, we are attempting TT Indah & it's a bit hit & miss ATM... so I read a bit then head off, so I am kinda keeping up just not much time for replying!

However I hate when B itches traet ppl like this & Zofia you need to say something!!!

Hi all,

Sacha, your allowed to go all kinda teacher on us. I think it's ok for you to buy those things because at least you will be thinking of developmental toys, everyone else will be buying something to be played with now, and they won't get too many more gifts in between xmas and first birthday huh?

Mel I hope your op goes well today and I hope you have had it by now!! it's almost 12.00 fingers crossed you get a good day in the hosi food department.

zofia hugs to you. Don't you hate people whose sole purpose in life is to make it hard for everyone else. If she's going to bully you out anyway you may as well take everything your owed with you, especially 'cause you said a while ago you weren't eligible for centrelink stuff. I hope your interview goes well today.
    Stress can make your milk dry up, but it doesn't have too, drink lots of water, feed as much as you can and do lots of those things that build supply up.

Tracey good luck with the TT, I've heard summer is the best time to teach, don't know why it's my mums theory

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast