Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004 #2

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

sorry about the other night i must of posted at the same time as kellee and melbee so a big hi to you guys.

your trip sounds like it was good kellee and yes somedays it can be so tiring chasing around after a toddler especially when prg, i think some days i think omg i think i have yelled or nagged all day lol - not necesarily at lani (usually at jay lol)

melbee - chin up lovey you are doing such a wonderful job. hope you both feel better soon

michelle - not to long to go till back to school lol. yay. i swear if jay is not entertained or playing at someones house or other friends here at least every minute of the day i get the whole i'm bored routine lol. today he told me he was bored so i suggested he go through all his colouring books and pencils and chuck out the stuff that is broken - i sort of said it as a joke and he did it, then he asked to vacumm the playroom lol that boy has his daddy's neat freak genes lol.

tegan - wow what a dilemma, hope you can figure out what to do. if you have to be in adelaide for the birth, do you have to book in early. arhh you so don't need to be making these decisions.

jo - its hard when they act up especially in public. don't worry about other people or about them judging you yes i love the junk mail and laybys lol - i have so many going, i just can't help myself, i love manchester i am a doona cover collector lol (i think i have around 12 for our bed) everytime i show dh one in a book he just

well my news is i am not prg - stupid bloody witch arrived this morning and 1 day early mind you, how dare she, at least i didn't waste any money on hpt's lol. oh well thats nine cycles down - who knows how many to go, hopefully next time. i have told dh we will have to up the anti now and dtd twice a day during my peak time - he said he can't wait lol. he better get heaps of :sleeping: before then lol, i am going to buy some opk's off ebay soon and i am predicting this cycle i will become an opk poas addict lol.

anyway enough of my chatter talk to you soon

Kellee Guest

Tegan – thanks for that. I thought it meant “Dear Friend” or something, and I didn’t want to assume anything in case I put my foot in it.

Mitch – yes, I AM on here again, but not for too long – I really need to get some sleep. Was working on assignments today so I’m a bit weary, and it meant that I missed my afternoon nap. How will I ever cope with the lack of sleep again?! Hope you have a nice meet up – you’ll have to come up to Brisvegas again so we can ‘do coffee’. That was rad. I would have loved to meet up with you when we were down that way last week but we went through Bendigo instead of through Kilmore. Maybe next time.

Mel – poor little Eliana. Hope she’s feeling better soon. Lots of cuddles and kisses will get her through, and maybe some Play School or something! Hope you don’t get it too!

Jo – Maybe I should pass all my junk mail your way – I HATE it. My mum always takes it if she’s around, but it just seems like a waste of paper to someone like me who can’t be bothered reading it. I know I miss lots of bargains, but I’m just not patient enough to go through it! I’m sorry, but I had to laugh at the reactions to Kaleb in the waiting room (even though I’m sure it wasn’t funny at the time)… only because I remember that happening when I was waiting for an appointment when I was pg with Charlie and feeling just the same way! Don’t worry – it’s good for them to see what they’re in for and I’m sure no one really minded. Which hospital are you having bubs at? I’m glad that you’re having a nice time with Kaleb at the moment.

Mooshie – we must be posting at the same time again! Do you have msn – we seem to be on the same time a lot! IKWYM about chasing a toddler when pg – at the wedding we went to last weekend I didn’t get to relax at all. It was on a creek and there were flies and dust everywhere. My mum ended up paying my 11 yo cousin to run after him for a while, but she didn’t uphold her end of the bargain very well and gave up after half an hour. Your boy sounds very clean – maybe I should get him to come and give DH a crash course! DAMN THE WITCH TO HELL… scuse the language, but I know how annoying it can be, you poor thing. Better luck this coming month. I’m sure DH has no problems with your new strategies!

Well, how about that – I think I’ve caught up with everyone! And it didn’t even take very long this time. Not much happening here. I made a fabulous lamb roast (it’s HUGE – about 3.5 kg – actually, that’s how much Charlie weighed!), but I am an IDIOT and poured the fat down the sink without thinking, and wondered why the sink was all blocked a few hours later. So now I can’t unblock it, and DH has already gone to his job so it will have to be done in the morning. I hope no nasty horrible flies get in there and breed so that no mobile rice are there in the morning. Yuck. I can’t stand icky stuff like that at the best of times. Oh well – DH will be there to deal with it.

Mum booked Charlie and I (and her) in for some family photos at that Portrait Palace place at Myer. Charlie was a nutcase – he would have been an angel if they had been running on time, but they were half an hour late so by the time they got to see us he was bored and tired. Hopefully some nice shots come out of it, even though Mum only wants to get the free one you get when you pay for the sitting. It always seems a shame because I know they probably just throw all the other ones out, but I’m not paying over a grand for a bunch of photos that I can get my photography student friend to do for a fraction of the price.

I have a relatively quite weekend planned. We’re busy Saturday night, so we’ll have to have Charlie stay with Mum and go back there to sleep the night, but other than that I intend to have some family time. That’s in between doing my assignment and picking up DH’s parents from the airport (lucky buggers have been overseas for two months). So I suppose it’s busier than I thought! Oh well, it’s quieter than it has been here recently.

Hopefully bubs has a night off so I can have some sleep. He’s such an active little thing. I was telling DH that I would like this whole pg thing to be OVER and he said “No way! We’ve got too much to do before then!” Bugger that, I (and bub) want out! He just doesn’t get it. Sometimes I ask him if he would mind me taking bubs off and putting him on HIS tummy for the night so I can get some sleep. Can’t understand why he refuses….

Anyway, I babble on (as usual!). I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Kellee, your weekend sounds plenty busy enough to me! Hope your pic turns out beautifully. I keep waiting until Kaleb is better behaved/more predictable till I take him for some, but I think I'll just wait till they're both here and do them together. Hope bub let you have a rest last night. LOL at DH, when my DH isn't understanding enough I just wait till bub is having a big kickathon in the middle of the night & press my belly into his back to wake him up!

Michelle, grrr at bloody AF! What a cow she is! Go for the 2x a day, your DH better take his vitamins, LOL! Yep, better stock up for the poas addiction. The first time I was pg, DH didn't believe that hpts actually worked, so when I got my BFP, he had to pee on the other stick in the two-pack to test! What an idiot! I could threaten to tell people that next time he pi$$es me off!

Michelle, very sorry to hear about the b*tch turning up.

Kellee, you are a busy girl! I hope you are enjoying a relaxing, quiet weekend.

Jo, that is so funny about DH peeing on the HPT!

DH and I and family went to the Comm Games last night... amazing! It got off to a terrible start with the 4 x 100m girls stuffing up (but still getting bronze, phew), and the 4 x 100m mens stuffing up and missing out on a potential gold or silver medal. We were all devastated and joking around saying well surely nothing can go wrong in Mottram's race... My sister and I were almost crying after he was tripped over (our family are massive sports fans) and even though the night ended on 3 gold medals it was hard to not think about poor Craig. Atleast we got to sing the anthem 3 times (2 x relay golds and Kym Howe on the pole vault), and as DH and I were leaving we bumped into the 4 x 400m girls and did 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi' with Jana Pittman leading the way! So all in all a great night... Aidan was sleeping soundly at his Nana's and we got to have a sleep in this morning so that was an added bonus!

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

hope everyone and bubs are well, i won't do personals as i need to jump off the puter and at least attempt some housework before dh comes home in around 2hrs lol - i have heaps to do.

yay school is back and the house is sooooooooooooooooo quiet, lani is asleep so i really should be making the most of it.

things going well here - lani surprised me a few times over the last few days, she came over to me and said poo mummy and i just laughed and said are you going to do a poo - she said yes and promptly did one :shock: then last night when i undressed her for her bath she ran to the toilet door when i took her nappy off and said wee wees :shock: i sat her on the loo but she was a little nervous and said down so i did and gave her heaps of praise for telling me. i must get my toilet seat back from a friend, i have one with a step so it fits over the loo (i don't like potties but that just comes from a memory when i was a kid and some relatives used to leave a potty out for their kids and they wouldn't get rid of the contents straight away, so potties have grossed me out lol) i am so shocked she is showing and telling me, i am not going to push the issue i will just follow her lead and then really concentrate next summer - gosh my other 2 weren't tt till they were 3yrs old.

quick question - do they still have the 18mth vaccination or is it just the chicken pox one they have at 18mths, i seem to remember my gp telling me last time they don't have a vaccination at 18mths, might be wrong. i have an appt next tuesday for her to get her chicken pox one done anyway (yes i have to ring that far in advance to get my gp lol)

don't know what is going on with me, truthfully if i didn't get af over the weekend i would swear i was prg, i am so nauseas, my bb's still sore, headachey and i just have a "feeling" af was really only around for 24-36 hrs and not heavy at all, did a hpt today and it was neg well it looked neg, it was one of those ones with a + or - sign, i got a - sign but i swear i could see a really really really feint line half way - sort of looking like half a + iykwim - oh well we'll see i guess, i will do another hpt next week before i take lani for her needles, if i still feel the way i do.

anyway i really really must go lol

chat soon

ooohhh, Michelle, I would probably be poas every hour if I were you, you are being very disciplined! Is it unusual for AF to be like that for you? Well done Lani, that is fantastic, it will be interesting to see how she goes, what a clever girl! Yep, you're right, it is only the chicken pox at 18mths, then nothing till 4! Kaleb had his chicken pox last Thurs - I got it early because #2 is due when he turns 18mths, that's one less thing to worry about then. They can have it any time from a month after their 12 mth needles, but I had to pay $40 for doing it before he was 18mths.

Jess, sounds like you had a great time at the games! I was watching that night and saw the 4 x 400m relays, such controversy, it was very exciting. And a sleep-in as well, what a good weekend!

Just saw Dach's news in the birth announcements, woohoo!

Kellee Guest

Hey, where is everybody?! I haven't visited here since about Friday because our computer broke down (but I'm writing on our BRAND NEW LAPTOP!) and I expected to have heaps to catch up on, but, unless I am mistaken, the last person to write on here was Jo, and that was on MONDAY. But it's now THURSDAY... what, are you all off having lives, or something?! Oh well, good for me... means I was able to catch up with everything rather quickly!

Anyway, sorry I don't have time for personals right now, but I will tonight. Hopefully someone will have written something by then!

Hope you're all well. Have a rad day.

I'm still hanging around!

We had a BBQ yesterday by the lake, so nice and great weather for it too!

Oh and i am getting one of my wisdom teeth coming through and OMG it is so sore

Kellee Guest

Hooray! I'm not alone!

Bugger wisdom teeth, Tegan. SM33 liquid stuff (not the gel - this is stronger) is good for tooth pain... actually I'm not sure if you can use it while you're pg. Hope they don't cause you too much grief!

Wonder where everyone else is?

Kellee Guest

BTW, YAY DACH! Go you good thing! I love the name Imran too... although I don't expect you'll have time to read this post until he's about one! Hope you're well.

Hi I am here :smt039

Not much going on here. Grace actually said "mummy" for the first time today so that is cool! I think she has known all along how to say it, she has just chosen not to until now. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Harry is currently watching a V8 Supercars DVD, the best crashes or something. Only 3 years old and DH has him into the V8s It is cute how he knows all their names and cars though.

Anyway nothing much else to say...pg is going fine no m/s yet so that is good. I have a pg diary now in belly buddies. I don't feel pregnant at all, I actually forget at times that I am!

Hope everyone else is having a good week

Bon

im here as well \/
    though managed to catch the cold that eliana had so am suffering from it - really sucks being a single parent & being sick - thought her dad might have helped out on the weekend but nooooooooooo - even my mum is sick too so ive struggled through it alone & at least im starting to feel half alive - eliana is better now & knows im not well & gets up to mischief - she learnt to climb on her table to look out the window (dont know why as the rest of the room is floor to ceiling doors & windows) there is a horse in the paddock outside so at least that keeps her occupied now - i say where is the horse when she is doing something she shouldnt & she makes this neighing noise & heads to have a look - also is now waving normally & even says good bye to tv shows!
    hope everyone has a great weekend

Just locking this thread now, here is the new one.