Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #13

Afternoon all, what a hectic day I've had here. This morning we went to the doctors and Kailen now is on his third lot of antibiotics, his wheeze (sp?) has gone but still has a partially collasped right lung and now he has a small patch of pneumonia on his left lung, so we have to go back in a week to get another check up, unless he gets worse then we're straight back there.

Lockie just has a touch of a cough and just has to have some cough syrup.

Cody my poor little baby has a red throat, a slight rattle and his eyes are a tad weepy, so he is on antibiotics as well. I didn't even realise that he had a sore throat, he's been a little fussy on the breast and been having a bit more of a chuck then usual but I didn't realise it was that.

Simone we've been in the situation of having to borrow money from family before as well and you feel horrible doing so I know but their family and I'm sure they don't mind doing it, I know my mum doesn't. So try and chin up a little we all go through rough patches every once in a while.

Kel good to see you on here again, glad the kids are well and that Jack is rolling.

Falls I defineately hate when this happens, it's happened to all my boys so far and even up until recently Wyatt was falling out of his high chair as he learnt how to slip the harness and stood up and just toppled out not nice. I think as babies that they have rolled off our bed onto the floor, which was carpeted and I think Kailen was the only one to roll off the change table. I now change them in their cot as it's at a good height for me, been a short ass or I change them while sitting on the floor.

Can't wait for the Melbourne photos on Friday, hope you all have a great day out. Also good to see the new pics on the tickers.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Rory: re: covers - you should try to sell on BB first. I just sold my book "birth", it took 5 mins for someone to buy it. I just bought some covers this week - sorry.

Amanda - oh you poor thing! Your poor little boys. Hope this time passes quickly for you.

Kel - it is always so wonderful to see you on line. We all think of you often (esp. when we see twins) He hee.

IK - oh, your not using terry's yet? Wish you lived near by I would give you some.. For some reason everyone bought me nappies. I have way too many.

Baths - oh yummy, that food sounds divine - it actally reminded me of our wedding.

Well, 5pm, Ally was screaming the house down so had to put her to bed which is totally going to screw up with our 6pm bed routine... Oh well, I felt cruel making her stay awake... Bring on day light savings!

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Today was pretty boring here as i was so faint after my blood test that i had to go back to bed for a while. Luckily Tarleha decided to sleep for another 4.5 hrs. So no house work done here today....not that i'm complaining.
    Simone i have been in the situation where i have needed financial help and felt freadful about having to ask for it but they helped without hesitation. So don't beat yourself up over it.
    As for falls...well i have had tee fall twice, she is so unpredictable. Once of my bed and once of her change table, i think i was more upset about it than she was??
    Amanda i hope your darling boys get better soon.
    Tee had a bath with me today and as it is going to hit 40 something degrees here on Thursday i will be putting her in the pool with me...back to the bath i had hold of her and put her under the water sorta like a duck dive (not very long under water) and she absolutelt loved it...WE had so much fun. Until she screamed when i went to put her clothes back on, she is like her mother HATES clothes.
    to all, gotta go feed Tee her dinner....Pumpkin and sweet corn mash mmmm glad she'seating it not me hehehhe

Just a Q... when does daylight savings start? This will be my first one, after all, Perth is in the Wait Awhile state (get it WA? wait awhile heehee gosh im a dorkus!!)

I finished my dinner before the boys, so i thought i would jump on here quickly... Just alfredo and hash browns (so healthy!! not!!) DH has gone out. Anyways, Xander is feeding himself noodles, and when i used to feed both the boys i did a racing car - vroom vroom the a screech of the tyres and into the mouth. Worked for me. Anyway, Xander is feeding himself, and is doing it to himself. Im just watching him quietly, having a chuckle. I love watching the kids on the sly, thats when they do their funniest things...

i got sad mad this morning, as some may remember a while back, we had some probs with DHS. I got a letter today, informing me they will be here to visit at midday tomorrow. Letter dated tuesday. Why couldnt they just call and ask, give more more notice? Butif i dont comply, they will just rock up whenever they want.... Cant WAIT to have them out of my life FOREVER!!

Cee Cee - what a bugger we don't live closer! No, we're still using flannel squares because we have about 60 of them! I'd like to start moving to terries soon, but our flannels aren't very worn (you get that when you've got 60!). I'll also have to get some snappis for the terry caper. Rory, would be interested if they adjust to about 11 kgs (to get good wear out of them) and if they were under $10, but we've just locked away a big chunk of money for 3 years and don't have a lot of cash to draw on as of today (eek!), so I'm carefully watching a few covers on eBay - I need only a couple more for this size, I need another set for 0 and then 1's. After that they stabilise their bum growth, don't they, for nappies (as in, don't they just get taller, instead of chunkier)? Am I right? Anyway, it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than being full-time disposable, or even part-time sposies (I'd be a 'casual' sposie user, so not even part time!) and with a good supply of covers I would use sposies EVEN less. If I can curb unnecessary spending, then DP will take us all to Ireland and Honduras to visit my family in both countries next year...it's a pretty good incentive! The farm will now have to wait 3 years, but that's what the money's locked away for - to grow while I get qualified. It's a grand plan that leaves us back to careful spending again. It's worth it, though.
    Bummer, Racs! Well, if we decide we like each other to meet up again, I guess you'll just have to come to the next meet up! But of course we'll all like each other...!
    Geez, it's a warm night, isn't it Melbourne girls? Hot days make me glad I'm using cloth nappies - the thought of silicones etc makes me itch on days like today!
    back to my pizza. (You guessed it, Oscar asleep in HAB again).

I know IK...what if we don't like each other!!! LOL

Yeah, going to be 33'C here tomorrow...yeuch. Oh well... I didn't get around to defrosting the 'fridge today...

DH at a work function... not due home 'til 10pm

Oh and what you said about nappies is pretty much right IK... Wade is still wearing the same size nappy since he was about 2 years old (overnight only). And speaking of funny things kids say Simone: Dh was undressing Wade for his bath last weekend and the following transpired:

DH: "take off your shirt"
    Wade: "skin a rabbit"
    DH: "take of your socks"
    Wade: (does so)
    DH: "take off your undies"
    Wade: "Ok"
    DH: "Take off your pen!s"
    Wade: "NO! It lives on me!"

ROFL

Well, of COURSE it lives on him...but where the hell is he getting 'skin a rabbit' from????

Didn't your parents say "skin a rabbit" when they pulled clothing up over your head? I thought it was a common saying... maybe it's something only OLD people like me remember then? *wimper*

ETA: ok, let's vote: Who's heard of "skin a rabbit"?

Nay for me!

Oh well, like, d'uh IK, LOL I bet at least ONE Junie will have heard of it... (and I'm not paying anyone behind the scenes either) PML

Umm nope Bath never heard of that saying b4!!
    Nice new ticker btw, ok going to change mine now

Nope haven't heard of it either.

hugs xoxo

Hee Hee! We can have it out on Friday - you and me, me in the red corner, you in the blue...

Ah not so fast.... there's at least 10 more Junies left to vote...

We'll see, McFly, we'll see...

McFly? What's that? Oh, let me guess: Something the younger generation say?

I'm Googling "skin a rabbit"

Doh! I knew that was asking for trouble! Didn't you ever watch Back to the Future?? Where WERE you? Is this the sort of short posting the moderators don't like, BTW?
    Gonna have a bath with Oscar now, enough time for you to back off, sister!

why are we skining rabbits?
    Havent heard of it Bath - sorry !... sounds real funny when i translate it into polish

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast