Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello nenny- hope Aleise feels better soon - how much is her care?

i'm sitting here softly typing, rocking Ally - trying to break the 45min barrier - and i think i have done it! for anyone with a catnapper this is a HUGE ACHEIVEMENT! it has been 90mins!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Bathaheba LOL at Wade wanting to bovver the bird, sounds like he's a real cutie!!!
    Simone Xander sounds to be going very well with not wetting the bed...GO XANDER!!!
    Sounds like Niall is coping well with his needles its great that you didn't have to give him any panadol...the less the better at their age i think.
    All this talk about spiders is sending shivers down my spine, i hate spiders but we seem to have heaps here atm we have wolf spiders and huntsmans and they seem to be everywhere. I actually found out you can kill a huntsman with about half a can of deoderant...they go all white and are dead they just stick to the wall and then fall off.
    Nothing much happening here today.Ohh i got my other test results back and apparently all my hormones are normal...i thought that woyuld mean i'm ovulating but still no sign of AF arriving.
    Tarleha is whinging again (stupid teeth)
    Be back later

Oh well... I guess you gotta live in hope: I've just finished washing the main living area floor boards. Wonder how long before something gets spilled on it. I give it 24 hours.
    I also discovered that dishwashing machine powder in hot water in a bucket works wonders on floors. You don't get the annoying suds and it has remarkable dirt shifting power LOL I sound like an ad chick! I usually use a special floor cleaning liquid... won't bother doing that anymore... good ole Savings Brand DW powder is the best!

Ho hum... what to do now? I've been so good today... guess I could bring in the washing? Nah... might retreat to the nursery and fold some nappies while Wade is watching ABC kids.

Cee Cee - I had some terries in my stash, I just hadn't started using them and I only had 8 coloured terries (now I have 14, yay!), and four borrowed ones. Hence my need to go out and get some more terries. I actually started using that new fold of yours when you sent it with my flannellettes and really liked it (using the Puppy Winks nappy snaps) and I pulled out my limited supply of terries last week. I'm going to phase out the flannels so that as they come in from the wash I will fold them up neatly (saving some to make some nappy boosters with my overlocker...once I've threaded it!) so that I am forced to go and buy terries if I haven't done so by tomorrow! But I love that fold! And the snappis are great with terries (absolutely no hold on flannels, so glad I didn't buy any before). Good one on the 45 mins of sleep!
    Neeny - I'll email you my address (not afraid of stalkers, even if they do live hundreds of kilometers away!)...
    Had my first mum's group thing today. I can take it or leave it, quite frankly. It's either stuff I already know (not being ****y, but Oscar is the oldest baby there, so I've learned by experience already!) or stuff that I decided ages ago not to abide by (feed, play, sleep routine, settling techniques - I just use the HAB or the boob...not advice given by maternal nurses). The girls seem nice enough. The icebreaker was to tell the group what we find challenging. I honestly didn't have any challenges to share, being that our big single challenge was the tongue-tie. I don't have sleep issues with him cos I don't bother trying to get him to sleep on his own at night, or insist on leaving him in a container during the day if he's not happy in it. So, not only do I have the oldest baby (by a whole month), but I also don't have any questions I want answered by a maternal nurse (she's very good and nice, but my instincts have sorted out our 'issues' to date), although I may have later. And I don't think I would engage very evenly with the other mummies - I'm a lot more assertive than they are and I think they might feel intimidated by my confidence (or ****iness, depending on how you see it!). We were talking about advice and offerings from family and strangers and from me they heard a lot of 'bite me'... I couldn't help myself, it just came out! But I'll keep going to be part of it.
    Tonight is the BabySwim introductory lecture. I'm so tired now, I hope I can get in a nap between now and then...but then I have washing to bring in and put out, so it may not happen...
    I don't feel bad when Oscar watches me put food in my mouth - my GF started her boy on solids cos she felt guilty when he would watch her, so maybe I'm just a hard arse! Nah, really, he's watching everything I do anyway, so if I started him on everything he watches me do with interest, he'd be walking the dog, lungeing my horse, wrapping the HAB around himself, brushing his teeth...oh, and drinking beer! There's a photo in my PhotoBucket October album of him grabbing hold of a beer bottle - he's just mimicking adult behaviour and I think that's healthy, but not a sign that he's ready for it.
    Spiders - I've got them in my house but they help us with the other bugs, so they can stay. We don't use insect spray (last use was just before we discovered the dead yabby that DP had had for a couple of years before I came along and sprayed for flies in my first summer in the house), so they are our bug collectors! And I can handle spiders, it's the unmentionable cousin of the snail that sends my spine into convulsions, my toes curling tighter than tight, gag reflex in action, and hyperventilation commences. And it's worse if they ever find their way inside - DP knows better than to think I'm being melodramatic, the look in my eye is quite genuine! Other than that I fear nothing else. Oh, I lie, leeches come a close second. But other than that there isn't anything else I'm scared of!
    Ok, washing out and in before the sun goes down.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

KL, good news about your hormones, are you BF? I think we did a poll and about 30% had AF return. I have zero signs of mine but I've the youngest baby...do you want AF? I'm gald to have a break.....

Baths = I also meant to say that Wade make me laugh, in fact it was the funniest thing I had heard all day - thanks for sharing!

IK: oh, for some reason I thought you did not like the fold as you had no snappies? I'm a tad delusional sometimes... glad it is working out for you.

RE: Mothers Group, I went twice, and now it is over, you can only go if your bubba is under 12 weeks. But I meet some of the girls at Mums & Bubs yoga and for tea once a week, so that is enough interaction with other Mums for me.. after all, I have BB!

Shopping: Well, I love my bath "holder" it is saving my back = but I'm not liking my Zoo BF pillow, so need to return it... I also got my nappy covers in todays mail (strawberry ones) they look so cute, am going to post some pics of her on my website.

chat tomorrow gals.
    luv
    CC

Junies!! can you believe there is a new Babies Due June 2007 forum !?!??! it seems like just yesterday we were in the Due club

Enigma- i know how scarey that was us a year ago already!

Well i spent all afternoon cleaning windows.... hmm hated doing it but needed it and i felt good once they were done! Nixon slept for 3hrs after swimming today (make up class cause cant go sat) he was zonked.....

IK- Yeah keep going to mothers group for a few weeks, u may know most of the info but u may be surprised if they talk about something u havent experienced with yet, & being Oscar is oldest the others might like to hear how u dealt with diff things. Anyway once those classes are over if u choose to continue u dont sit down like that at your own houses giving each other pamphlets to read! I really enjoy my mums group. there was 10 to start. 1 dropped out after 1 class, another dropped out since going to ea others houses but there is still 8 of us. of the 8 there is hardly ever 8 (away/sick/busy whatever) we have just done the round of houses now we are gonna get creative & do places and do things! we also started our own swim class with 7 of the 8 of us.
    going to go watch Life @ 1 and then RPA seings i missed both last week.

Cee Cee - you're quite right, we didn't have snappis, but I had another type of snap so when you sent through the new fold I unfolded all my flannel squares and refolded them. Last week I decided to finally pull out my coloured terries and the borrowed terries and fold them, too. I was using the snaps on them until I got the snappis yesterday and that's made it even easier to use as a fold. I've just folded a whole heap of flannels - maybe my denial extended to nappies, too, cos the terries are a good size for him. I'm really not fussed that they bulk out his bum,I think it's cute and I can pat his bum a bit firmer now! I love having an easy fold (kite fold was crap for me and not absorbent enough) like this one so that if I need to go out and I've just changed Oscar I don't have to unwrap him and put a travel nappy on him. The only thing is that cloth nappies are bulky to carry around when out and about and I never seem to be able to take enough and end up brining Oscar home in disposables! I might have to use disposables when we go camping in a couple of weeks.
    I watched a Baby Swim class tonight and it looks really good. Can't wait to start on Saturday morning.
    Thanks, Nic, I think I will go to at least a few more mothers group sessions. I probably have a mission, too - two of the BFing mums were talking about comp feeding because they feel their baby isn't getting enough and the nurse's advice was a bit off. Lucky, with my ABA meetings, I've got a bit more education about this, so for this reason alone I might keep going! I'd hate for someone to have their BFing go wrong because a maternal nurse gave bad advice.
    Oh, well, better get this monkey ready for his bath and then me for bed. Got our immunisations tomorrow
    Good night girls!

Evening ladies,
    Well, went to Mums last night just for a little break from the **** that has been happening in town.... I'm sorry but I really need to spill this!
    The mates of the little a**e wipe actross the road have been really giving me the ****s lately! It used to just be abusing us as we drove down the street, but now it has spread to one of them trying to run us off the road!!!!! We went straight to the cops but he has started to drive passed us while staring at us, it's starting to freak me out.
    Was too late to get Pat's needles yesterday, so I'll get them at the clinic, but I got him weighed and he now weighs....drum roll........... 6.12 kg!!!!!!!!!!! He put 480g on in 9 days!
    Happy 4 months Oscar!
    Anyway ladies tired here so I'm heading to bed!
    Love yous all
    Jess

Morning all...

Im abit worse for wear today, i went out a kareoke night last night... I won the heat! Got a $50 drink card, and a $50 pool card (it was in a pool hall). So im through to the semi final, and hopefully i win the grand prize... $3000.

Jess, sorry to hear about all the [email protected], especially as you've alreday got enough on your plate. Thats great about his weight gain! WHat size clothes is he in now??

i've never been to a mums group over here, my MCHN never offered one (that i know of) which sucks, as her office is 4 house blocks away lol. Im not putting Anneliese into babyswim classes, because as much as i want to (i wanted to with all the kids!) there's just not enough money for the luxuries atm
    Anneliese is due for her 4 month needles when she hits 5m, i waited that extra month as she was so little at 2 months (she was only a newborn, corrected!) And she'd had enough needles when she was born and when she went back into hospital. I admit, it was selfish, but her being so little, i'd cry more than she would seeing that big needle(s) going into her...

yeah i did the same with Nixon's needles Simone. He is now 6months but only had his 4month needles a month ago so wont take him for a few more weeks.
    Well mum & dad are on their way down (driving) & we are going to a wedding in country Vic tomorrow (staying out the night & have a babysitter for Nixon for the reception!)
    so busy cleaning the house, if i dont jump on again during the day have a nice weekend everyone.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Enigma - OMG, i can't beleive it has been that long, that means we have all only been friends for a year? i feel like i have known you all forever!

Jess - your post freaked me out - can't imagine what it was like for you! I'm so glad Patricks weight it up, are you still BF?

Simone - congrats - what song did you sing?

I'm not doing swimming lessons either, I'm a good swimmer as is DH (we both used to surf, now only DH does - I'm too freaked out, my boyfriend was bitten by a shark (the morning of the English HSC), and the same year, a tourist has his stomach removed by a shark at my local surf beach (Evans Head), so after that, i stopped surfing....his story is amazing - these dolfins actually saved him by preventing the shark from returning which gave him enough time to catch the next set into shore... anyway.. that was a HUGE deversion.... he hee

I will do swimming lessons when she is a bit older, right now I think it is more about water appreciation, which I can do with her in the ocean when the weather is warmer. that said, I'm sure those of you going will have a great time, (I've gone with my sisters kids, it is fun).

IK - where are you going camping? Camping with a bubba sounds like fun!

Well, off to shower, chat soon
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 20th, 2006 at 08:59 AM.

CC i sang Tide is High (Got The Feeling) by Atomic Kitten as a warm up/muck around song, and "Dont Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. That was the song i walked down the aisle to, so i put alot into it. I even hit the big scream steve tyler does! I was on fire lol Thats amazing about the dolphins, i've heard stories like that before. I love dolphins, where i used to live in Rockingham in WA, there was always dolphins around, they would even come close to the jetties and the shore when there were swimmers around. So beautiful

Nick, that sounds nice with the wedding... let you hair down and run amok, how often do we have babysitters?

ETA: Oh yeah I meant to ask what song you sang Simone! I only know the Blondie version of The Tide is High LOL Good Job *clap clap* !!!!

Morning girls... Niall has just gone back to sleep... was awake from about 7.15am... he still is only awake for 2 hours sessions at a time... once a day he goes for longer... like 3/4 hours but he still sleeps s lot more than my others did which makes life a bit easier. He has taken to wiggling backwards down his beds, especially when co-sleeping with us... night before last i found him down at my hips!!! Lucky we only have a very light summer weight doona on... but it's still a bit of a worry. I think I mentioned that I didn't co-sleep as much with my other because they were summer babies and didn't seem to need my body warmth as much so as soon as summer kicks in Niall will sleep in his own big cots (which he is napping in now actually). Because our nursery is directly across the foyer from our bedroom he can virtually see us in our bed when he is in his cot (if the double doors are wide open).... so he shouldn't feel too lonely.

Jess: that kind of rubbish with neighbours is just awful. I'm so lucky we've been able to move around Melbourne a bit until we found a peaceful suburb where everyone pretty much knows and gets along with their neighbours... might not mean much to some people but it's a huge issue with us... that kind of tension ruins everything, you never know when you're going to have your day spoiled or lives endangered. Some people are just loose cannons and I don't want my kids getting caught in the cross fire... and I don't care how much we have to pay to live in a safe area... it's an absolute number one priority. Hope they move out of your neighbourhood soon!

CeeCee: OMG those shark attack stories sound horrific! Amazingly the only time I've ever seen one is when my ex step father caught one near Albany WA. I've spent a lot of time in various oceans around Australia too... really miss visiting nice beaches... the bay here in Melbourne is yucko IMO. The nicest beaches I've been to include Byron Bay, City Beach in Perth, Frenchman's Bay on Rottnest and some along the Great Aust. Bite (but I'd never swim there because the sharks there are really bad!) My first house as a baby was directly across from the beach near Bundaberg (Kelly's Beach) and MUm always used to worry that I would toddle off down there without her knowing... infact once she got a fright because I had vanished from my room after a nap and she raced straight down to the beach but later found me at my Grandparent's place next door... half way up a steep flight of stairs with concrete underneath... nana was trying to coax me up (she had also discovered me there and was scared I'd fall)... I eventually got to the top safely... but strangely to this day I have a bit of a phobia about stairs that are just planks...no kick board IYKWIM (thought I'd mention it given we were talking about phobias)... Verity's biggest phobia is the shelled cousin of IK's unmentionables Appanrently she saw me crunch one (by stepping on it) by accident when she was about 3yo and hasn't recovered from the horror of it.

Ok... Precious time here: Wade fully absorbed with playSchool and Niall asleep... time for a cuppa and might sneak into my room and make the bed... it's an impossible task when Wade follows me in there... it's where we keep all our fragile and precious things and he can't help himself by touching them when he's in there.

Back later...

Simone, kareoke sounds like so much fun! I was a little worse for wear yeaterday too - I had a Law Institute meeting (Flynn was home with daddy) and at dinner had a few drinks and then when I realised I had to drive home (I ususally catch a cab) I started guzzling water and then got a belly ache!

Baby swim classes - I spoke with this with DH the other day and while I love the idea of it I doubt I am going to be able to fit it in. Plus I think I have mentioned before good friends of ours have a pool and a 1 year old, so we will hopefully be able to familiarise our bubs to water together. Also, our bath is ENORMOUS (so big, in fact, that when mick and I jump in together with Flynn we still don't fill it to the top) so it will be useful for water familiarisation lessons.

Nickers it will be so nice for you to be able to get away like that - I am jealous!! It was great to get out last night on my own.

Mothers group - I really enjoy mine - I have the benefit of having the youngest kid so I learn from all the others. Plus we are all from Glenroy - not a siwsh suburb at all - so we are all soooo down to earth. I say that jokingly but semi-serious too - a mate of mine didn't gel with her mothers group because they were all "Essendon Mummies" (Bath, having a daughter at a private school you probably KWIM - do you have "Eaglemont Mummies" near you?)

IK - LOL about all the things Oscar would be doing if you "let" him!! Come to think of it - it coul be handy if Flynn could step up to the mark and help his dad doing all the things he watches him doing - DH is building us a desk/shelf unit for the new study and I am DYING for it to be finished. But seriously I agree with you on the delayed feeding - Flynn is watching food ATM but I really want to exclusively BF till 6 months - there are too many allergies, particularly on DH's genetically defective ( ) side of the family and I generally suffer from hayfever. If extra boobies can save Flynn from that he will just have to wait.

Gotta go girls - am working from home and am about to dial in for a meeting. Will BBL

ciao (for now) bellas

Creating a new thread for you girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678