Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #16

Bath, mum used to just chuck "normal" sugar in the blender and make up big batches of it, much cheaper Mum used to get up at 5am everyday and make cakes, muffins, biscuits... anything, for us to take to school (she couldnt afford all that pre-packed stuff, not with 6 of us!!)

Im baking fresh bread for lunch atm, will be a late lunch as i still have just over an hour left on baking the loaf...

When ever Xander's talking, if you dont reply to him, he will keep saying it over and over and over and over LOL

Still have a sink full of dishes, but told DH they're his, seeing as though he made the mess getting lunch readyf or work after i cooked dinner and did the dishes last night...

Thinking of making pasta with this rustic tomato sauce i got off Huey's Cooking Adventures, i changed it a little to suit our families' tastes, but it is sooooo yum, and easy. AND it contains wine, so its an excuse to open a bottle

What a great idea regarding the blender! We don't have one yet... I make do with a Bamix inherited from my MIL (since passed away)... I refuse to buy any appliance for the kitchen until we can afford top quality ones. Infact most of the stuff in the kitchen has been given to us as hand-me-downs. Lucky I know how to make do! I splashed out on a decent set of kitchen scales a few years ago (stainless steel Salter ones) and I just love using them... looking forward to buying a proper blender... need to do some research to find the best brand... Sunbeam used to be reliable but I think they have gone down hill over the past few years...

My mum told me how to 'make' castor sugar like that only the other weekend when she was down! How come I didn't know that before?? Not that I do any baking to have needed that little nugget. As it is, I'm struggling to tidy up the lounge and rug to be able to cut up my fabrics to get to my sewing caper...never mind clearing the kitchen to have baking space!
    I'v decided I'll do Attachment Parenting with Oscar till the next one is born and then he goes into a cage in the backyard where Odin can mind him. All you mummies with more than one should do that too Nah, you may not have earned the respect of your toddlers, but you have all of mine!!
    Trying to palm Oscar off to DP so I can have a shower and wash my hair.
    OH! Just got the Aldi catalogue for next week - family backyard pools for $99! Much cheaper than Clark Rubber and perfect for those of us who want to swim with our babies without always having to pack a pool bag and head out to the local Maybe I can tell me parents it would be a perfect Christmas present for Oscar, hmmm...there's an idea...cos DP is bellyaching about spending money, but it would pay for itself in petrol for beach drives and pool entry...going to work on him...
    Planning to visit my pony later and try on this rug I got yesterday that DP sort of doesn't know about, but it was way cheaper than replacing the half a rug I found the other day that I had for 6 years...loyal customer price I got from a lady who repairs and makes rugs up the road!
    ETA: Simone, I keep meaning to check from your signature how to spell Anneliese's name (cos the sigs don't come up when you do a 'post reply'), so I am SO sorry I have been spelling it wrong this whole time!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; October 27th, 2006 at 12:41 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbo...

That's ok IK with unusual names you have to expect people to get them wrong sometimes!! Dont apologise, im not fussed (to be honest, most of the time i dont really notice!! LOL)

ETA I wouldnt mind a POOL FOR THE BACKYARD - DH and i've been looking at the ones from Kmart they're about $299 with the filters and everything, but you have to ask your council wherther or not your can fill them, with water restrictions... I'm used to living right beside the beach, this will be my first summer away from the beach :*(
    Last edited by simone; October 27th, 2006 at 01:19 PM.

Back from the market - what a saga!! First of all, just as we got to the entrance to the carpark I stupidly thought "lets look for a free disabled car parking spot" (I was with mum who has a sticker). But there weren't any available and by the time we went around the block back to the carpark and waiting to get in (20 mins!!) Flynn had gone from winging mildly to screaming hysterically for food. By which time it was already 11am - we were supposed to meet my GF at 10.30am. I asked mum to take the shopping trolley to meet her while I calmed and fed my hysterical boy, but my mum couldn't open the car boot (we have a station wagon) or work out how to put together the trolley (its not very hard - she just has no idea about anything slightly "mechanical" - she couln't work out how to release the bake on my pram, either!). Finally we met up, shopped and had snackies. But then Flynn started crying in the meat section (still hadn't had a proper feed) and walking back to the car it started raining. On the way home, Flynn was screaming so much he was gasping and sobbing (turns out he needed a big burp and fart) but it was such a stress for the poor little lamb - it's the first time he's been like that.

Home now and very tired - phew! I think I will unpack and hit the sack......

You're right rory... what a saga!! Im happy with not leaving the house most days, as just getting the kids dressed to go out is a saga!!! have a good nap

Oh, Rory, poor you and Flynn It's too ordinary a day to do anything else but recover from that experience - have a hot chocolate, I'm sure it improves the taste of breastmilk, so you will both benefit from it
    Oscar is in my shoulder sling and he threw up in his sleep - all fixed and he is still sleeping. He is too sweet to put down today, so I'm going to keep him there instead of palming him off to a container or bed
    My little angel...today is 'gush about Oscar' day...again...
    Neeny - I can't remember who else it was who was expressing for work, but I have heaps of expressed milk in the freezer for one day (hee, hee, still hasn't happened yet) that I leave Oscar for long enough for him to get hungry with DP. I might try next Tuesday, when I have an AGM (but I think I might just bring him with me). I intend to REALLY try to leave him (again, might change my mind last minute) for my union annual dinner in a few weeks' time...or I'm going to have to start throwing out frozen milk - well, give it to Odin anyway. Then again, I'm in a minority of mummies who hasn't felt the need to have my own time yet. I''m lucky, though, all the things I want to do are quite compatible with bringing Oscar, and if they're not, I've been squeezing him in anyway (association meeting a few weeks ago comes to mind...).
    I'm determined to make the world (well, my world) baby friendly, to let other babies have a smoother path to follow once I've desensitised the uptight people who are stuck in their ways! Oh, and like Rory, the next baby might not be so portable...
    Trying to find Christy's post on the forum...not having much luck, but I'm finding other topics of interest in my efforts!

which post are you looking for IK?

The one where she has some words about people posting in hot debates that she referred to. The mentioned it when she patted us on the back this morning

Yeah I couldn't find Christy's post either...

PML at Odin raising Oscar when Number 2 comes along IK LOL I had this very funny image of him and Oscar in a dog house looking at each other with a look of confusion and hope LOL... but I'm sure it won't be the case, there's no doghouse is there

Oh Rory... I agree... take a Bex and lie down... after a few of those sagas you will think twice about venturing out (sadly) like Simone says... and it gets worse when they are older and "choose" to cry and get upset (well that's how it seems... I know it's not the case.... but with my 12yo I wonder... LOL)

Well I would just like it known and acknowledged that I've just finished cleaning my oven. Yep, amazing but true. I sprayed on the "Easy Off" last night and have just finished wiping and rinsing it out. If I didn't mention it on here there wouldn't be a soul who would notice. It's like a tree that falls in a forest... if nobody saw it... did it really fall at all? (or however the saying goes... i can never quite remember).

Also, whilst I was feeding Niall I was almost hypnotised by the BooBahs as I tried to notice the subtle differences in dancing style during their repetitive performances. I think the blue one has issues... Jumbah I believe... has a latent desire to break-out and cut loose. No doubt we'll be reading about it in MX one day...

ETA:You're probably wondering how I managed to bake those biscuits this morning if there was "Easy Off" in there... I have to admit I only cleaned the top oven, we have a double decker one (which is fantastic BTW... I baked in the bottom one)... I just thought I'd better clarify that as the likes of Rory would have noticed the inconsistency immediately... not to mention all you other clever chicks

LOL about Boobah!!!

Christy's post is a sticky in general chatter. Gotta go pick up DH - he's been working with a mate chopping trees today But I don't want to get the lamb out of bed Lucky he is in his sleep suit....

PMSL, those boobah's are freaky... i agree you'd prolly read about it in MX, they have all sorts of cr@p in that paper...

Anneliese has survived her first day in clothies - her nappy rash is almost gone!! This morning it was red, scaly and weepy. I know what ill be sticking with!! Mind you, she's had about 6 changes since about 10am, but luckily no poos, so they'll be easy to clean

Yay! Go Anneliese in her clothies!
    I've spent all arvo cruising the forum...it's been so long since I've done that. Time to tidy the house now...
    I found Christy's post and and I like it a lot.
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about - Boobahs?? Is this a TV thing?
    No, Bath, there's no doghouse (very funky kennel DP built, but nothing that closes over!), but there is always under the house...hee hee!
    Good one on the oven, BTW.
    DP's about to light the fire - about time! Oscar has been asleep this whole time, so if he wakes up when I try to put him down now, I'll chuck him in the HAB to vacuum and tidy up.
    Must also put out some nappies - I like my new terries, but I like the coloured ones a lot more and they're all wet in the basket...
    My word, that's a southerly blowing out there...maybe I should have rugged my horse!

the Boobah's are on ABC kids in the morning... i put all the kids in front of it to tidy in the mornings (and have a quick surf of BB). Even Anneliese loves ABC Kids, they have some great (although strange) programs on there sometimes...

I had a great afternoon this arvo, got home from picking Kailen up from school and they sat and watched Hi-5, Cody and I went outside, Cody was in the pram and I hung out the clothes then sat down and had a good chat and a relax away from the older boys, was really nice just sitting down with out them nagging at me.

Simone yay for Anneliese, hope both you and her are enjoying the clothies, also I got your email but there wasn't any attachment for the piccys.

IK can you please send the link for the pics please.

Well I finished paying for my Chrisco last week and I got my new catalouge the other day, I get so excited cause I know that Christmas isn't far away, and my Chrisco delivery is even closer, woo hoo.

Ok going to do another load of washing.

hugs xoxo

Thanks Simone!
    Just when I thought DP was going to light a fire for us, he's off to the fire station, grrr. Well, I hope he's warm there...cos I'm not!

IK could you please send the gas training pics to amanda...

Im about to turn my heater on, not that it'll ,ake much differemce to me, im heading out shopping soon. must find an Oaks Day outfit!! I want a white suit and a big hat

Hi ladies
    Is it winter in vic or what????
    We have our local show here tomorrow and hopefully it doesn't rain during it because that really wrecks it!We also have our little towns annual festival throughout next week which culminates on Saturday with a parade and a traders mall and then on Sunday we have a market in our park, so if you feel up for a drive then head up my way next weekend and we can have a bit of fun!

ETA: I knew I wanted to mention something, did anyone see the story about the black and white twins? One baby is black and the other is white and they are true twins.My aunts and I saw the story on one of the US news shows.
    Last edited by Jesswith6; October 27th, 2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to tell the girls something

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast