Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #17

Hey Guys,
    We have made it back safely from our holiday. We all had a wonderful time, and Tori was a Gem, she coped really well with the hotter weather and didnt seem to be too bothered to be in different surroundings which was great. It was nice for MIL to spend some time with Tori and get to know her a little bit.
    Dh and I have both come back with stinking colds- but really enjoyed having the chance toget away. Tori learnt several new tricks while we were away- she discovered her feet and they are now her favouite toy, she is getting herself right up on her arms when on her tummy and trying desperatly to get her legs underneath her, and most importantly she has suddenly learnt to self settle, doesnt like to be rocked to sleep anymore ( I think this came about because it was just too hot to cuddle her like that she we left her to settle on the bed), now when she is sleepy she just wants to be wrapped up and put in her cot to go to sleep.
    I got heaps of great pictures, I will add them to my website when I got the chance.
    I had better go and attend to the suitcases that are overflowing on my lounge room floor.
    I hope everyone is well!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi Ali - was just thinking of you today - I'm glad you had a great time! Cann't wait to see photos! OMG
    most importantly she has suddenly learnt to self settle
    that is huge news! Wow!!!

Donna - i would love to catch up next week. I having swimming at 2 on Monday, but all other activites can be cancelled. My email address is on my profile, email me if you are free to catch up. Oh I had a friend here today from Canberra she went to the sleep place you mentioned and said it was FANTASTIC...when you arrive, they give you a sleeping pill and tell you to go to sleep, and they will look after the baby, they start 'training' the next day, so you get a full nights sleep first. She said that it is like a luxuary hotel, and the program really worked for her.

BRB..

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Mel -
    I give DH an allowance for the fortnight otherwise he would spend too much of it LOL!!!
    Me too - my DH is hopeless with money... I give him $100 each week

ahhhhhhhhhh..BRB

CeeCee - I will send you an email so we can organise something, i will be at mum and dads from tuesday til saturday so surely we can meet up somewhere!
    Glad your friend had a good experience in canberra, i really hope it works for me, i dont think ill be needing a sleeping pill though!

Ali - Thats great about Tori self settling, i must say that lachlan isnt too fussed on being rocked these days, sometimes i have to otherwise he wont sleep but im finding that he will go to sleep alot easier than before, its just the staying asleep thats the problem!
    Glad you had a good holiday, i hope you get over your colds!

Mel - Me and DF had an arrangement that i would look after the money but it seems that because he is the one thats out and about all the time he is the one that goes to the bank etc. He is pretty tight with money so i dont really have to worry there although this bucks night that he has gone to tonight is costing $100 each person and its in the bucks backyard! hmmm wasnt happy about that little spend!!

CeeCee - DH gets $250 per fortnight (I am too generous LOL!!!). He has further to drive for work and he is a smoker.

Dee - what are they getting for their $100! It would want to be good. DH is out more than me too but I don't think I have stepped into a bank for 10 years. I do everything online these days, makes you wonder what we did before internet banking LOL.

Ali - I am new to the group so look forward to chatting with you more. When you get a chance, tell me a little about yourself? Helps me get to know everyone and who's who. Thanks heaps.

What a gorgeous day in Melbourne!!

Must be quick - want to do some "work" work today. LOL about the budgeting DHs - mine is the tight one in the family (I am the spendthrift!) So much so I just cut his hair with clippers he bought cause he was tired of paying the barber for a haircut - when the price when from $10 to $12 he bought the clippers to save money! LOL!!

Donna, hope the $$ situation works out for you. One thing I have read is while it is better to quit while you are ahead it is equally a good thing to quit before you get too much further behind. Sending you lots of good $$$ vibes!

Gee its quiet in here today!
    Well, we just came home from Sunday in the Park. We met up with a girlfriend and her family and decided to take all the kids down to the Miniature Railway and let them have a couple of free rides. I'm about to upload them into Pat's site if you want a look.

Hey Jess - it is quiet - I think everyone is enjoying the sunshine!

Flynn is a freak - he has been asleep since 12.30 - it's now nearly 3pm!!!

I am still trying to upload these photos but the photos from yesterday are there now!
    In the middle of feeding Pat, watching the kids and cooking dinner(was supposed to be curried snags and rice but no curry so french beef(they are beef snags, lol) casserole).
    Funny story...Jack has met his first girlfriend and it is so cute....but ask him and he will say its his new "sister".The funny part is that as we are walking away from the trains he runs into two girls from school,and he is walking with his arm around her and she is doing the same!

Been out to a Naming Ceremony today and it was just beautiful. It was in a hall but they had a great garden at the back and the ceremony was held there. There was a big kids playground right behind us so all the older kids disappeared and were kept amused while the ceremony took place - perfect!!! They read some amazing poems and I am going to get one to post as it was priceless. Long day, Chelsea was cactus and in bed by 7pm, Marley had bath/feed then in bed by 6.30pm. DH is on nightshift, so enjoying a blissfully quiet night (at least until Marley wakes for her feed around 10-11ish!!!)

Jess I had a big chuckle about Jacks girlfriend (or should I say sister LOL!!). Very brave to be putting the arm around. My dinners sometimes start out as something and end up something very different, especially when I haven't checked if I have all the ingredients! Makes for some really yummy dinners though - yours sounded good.

Rory - the sunshine was good today and going to get even better by the end of the week. Did Flynn sleep much past 3pm? It's so awesome when they have a big sleep, then there is the debate about doing housework or chilling out reading a mag????

Whats this FlyLady thing all about, been hearing heaps on the posts but have no idea what it is???

Yet another quick post from me... all's well... all partied out... DH's 40th filled the house and went off really well... also went to a friend's 3yo part today... warning: avoid train pinatas; they never work! Wade had one that refused to bust and the little boy today had one that refused to break as well... GranDad (FIL) is staying with us for a few days which is great: he'll keep Wade occupied as he's very "hands on" he'll get down on the floor with Wade and play trains and dig with him in the digging patch They play together for hours, no fights

Yeah LOL Rory: I'm a very "typical of the species" Cancerian. I am a Taurus Rising which enhances my domesticity too... and I have heaps of Virgo in my other planets which makes me a terrible perfectionist! I've got no hope... my sink is also now very shiny LOL but I kinda always had that habit anyhow. I'm a bit frightened to sign up with FlyLady properly because I'm scared of all the extra email reminders... at least until I sort out our spam problem... but I will eventually... very interested reading the BabySteps though... very well written the whole site... I'll be going back there a lot... only skimmed the surface so far. Mel: Google "FlyLady" you'll find it

Better stop being anti-social and say goodnight to FIL...

Nighty nite.

i googled this flylady thing, i might have to do it... Ill have a perfect house!! Yesterday was well spent, DH cleaned the kitchen (well, half of it, im left to do the rest!!) I did loads of washing, unpacked some boxes from the garage (found a heap of 000 stuff for Anneliese, even if it is blue!) cleaned the back veranda, now i just have to get the BBQ out.

The only thing i know about my star sign is im a typical stubborn and lazy taurean.

Its my second wedding anniversary today, even though DH and i arent living together anymore, we're still celebrating it as we still love each other. Im packing a cooked chook and salad and getting all dressed up (he'll be in his suit from work anyway) and we're going to the Botanical Gardens and having a picnic. Should be nice

Also, i found my shoes for my outfit on thursday... only took us 5 shopping centres!! We ended up finding them at Chadstone shopping centre... that place is a maze. The shoes are navy satin with little navy diamenties. Now i just need a navy satin clutch LOL. I will be posting pics, DH wants to get some nice ones of me in our garden.

Welcome back Ali, and hello to everyone else...

ETA - I am soooo not sane, i cope with 3 under 3 by not worrying so much about mess (there's always toys everywhere!!) letting them beat each other up (to a certain extent, but boys will be boys!!) and finding things that occupy them for prolonged amounts of time, and getting what i can done in that time (ABC kids in the morning is the best time to get housework done!!)

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Rory -
    So much so I just cut his hair with clippers he bought cause he was tired of paying the barber for a haircut - when the price when from $10 to $12 he bought the clippers to save money! LOL!!
    I do my DH's hair for the same reason!!!!
    I understand about the shoes now... I'm going to buy some house shoes this week... I'm loving flylady (Mel: go to flylady.net - it is a website/program on how to do housework)... oh I love your quote:
    Chelsea was cactus
    - Ally does the same thing - DH will LOVE that saying..

Baths - you don't need flylady! I'm so glad your DH's 40th was a hit - now a much deserved break for you...

Simone - happy second wedding anniversary! Soundes like fun... sorry your DH is not living at home... I did not know you were raising three kids by yourself - I've even more respect for you darling - what a job.. You must be a master juggler!

must run and shower while Ally is alseep... will chat later.

DH and i have just had a lot of probs, we are still sort of together, but living apart... He lives about 20 mins away. we've been apart since just before i went to Perth... I pick him up from the train station 15mins away after work, and he comes over and plays with the kids and bathes them while i cook dinner and go for a walk, have some time to myself. Then helps me put the kids to bed, and goes home. Helps me out, and he still gets to see the kids and be there for them every day.

How is this weather?! its meant to be 30 by friday though, should make for a great weekend!! Its meant to be 22 and fine and thursday for Oaks day, i wont be online that day, ill be at Flemington by 8am to get a good spot!! Going to wait until at least 10 before i get my first champers LOL.

I must do the shower thing soon too, i want to go and have a haircut today. Dont know what to get done though, i dont want it cut too short... ill prolly just get a trim, like i always do!!

TTFN Ta Ta For Now xx

Hi Guys,

well it started out horrible but its turned into a nice day today, dont think i have the energy to get out and enjoy it though, lachlan was up nearly every hour last night (you think i would be used to it by now but im not)
    funny though, the lady next door had a baby boy about 3 weeks ago and i was just talking to her and she indicated that her baby isnt a very good sleeper, on the outside i was very sympathetic "oh you poor thing, its hard isnt it" but on the inside i was saying "YES!!" about time someone else got one like me!

CeeCee - i sent you an email, i hope you got it, if not send me one my email address is [email protected] we will organise something for this week.

Simone -HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! sounds like you have a great routine worked out with DH and the kids! glad its working for you. Me and DF are almost the same, he gets home from work, we have dinner together, maybe watch a bit of tv then he dissapears down to the other end of the house to sleep and i go into our bedroom with Lachlan!

Well, DF is away in Canberra and im heading up to Sydney again! i must say though im really enjoying the break and Mum really enjoys having us and spending time with her
    grandson.
    Anyway best be off, gotta pack the car!

Oh i have my 10 year high school reunion on friday night. Should be interesting!

Have a good weekend Dee, enjoy having a break...

Simone - Happy 2nd wedding anniversary, hope the picnic in the park is beautiful. What a great arrangement you have with DH. It shows how much you still care for one another and especially the kids. Not many dads would be doing that. Good on your for making it work for you. I can't wait to see you all glammed up for Oaks Day - I went the past two years and had a fabulous time. Weather should be perfect, not too hot, as it plays havoc if you are drinking. Its great getting frocked up for a day out (and with champers too!!!!). Enjoy it. I love going to hairdressers, I spend upto 3 hours catching up on all the trash mags and enjoying a few cups of coffee. They never apologise for running late as they know I really don't mind LOL!!!!!

Dee - had to laugh about your neighbour!!!! Nothing seems as bad if someone else is going through the same thing as you - and if there situation is worse than yours it feels even better - strange species aren't we LOL????? Have fun at your reunion - I missed mine but have heard many strange stories about the really smart ones ending up in jail or leading a pretty crappy life, strange how life turns out.

ABC kids is a godsend. Wish they had it on Saturday too!

I am going to checkout Flylady right now!

Mel - last year i went to Melb Cup day At Ascot Racecourse in Perth, it was 41*C... I drank one bottle of champers and was rotten... and then had to be in a car for over an hour to get home! Living in Tullamarine is good, DH is taking me to Essendon to the train station (15mins) and then less than 10 mins on the train and ill be there! I'll prolly go into Crown afterwards, may as well make it a BIG day out!!

Anyone else going to Oaks Day??

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast